Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: NASM Accredited??? DCCCD Richland College Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan Out of State Tuition Nightmare

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: NASM Accredited??? DCCCD Richland College Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan Out of State Tuition Nightmare

Instead of being on the Guided Pathways they are supposed to be on, Richland students are on The Highway to HELL!!!

Living easy, living free
    Season ticket on a one-way ride
    Asking nothing, leave me be
    Taking everything in my stride
    Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
    Ain't nothing I would rather do
    Going down, party time
    My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell
    On the highway to hell
    Highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
    Nobody's gonna slow me down
    Like a wheel, gonna spin it
    Nobody's gonna mess me around
    Hey Satan, paid my dues
    Playing in a rocking band
    Hey mama, look at me
    I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!

Highway to hell
    Highway to hell

Don't stop me
    On the highway to hell
    On the highway
    Yeah, highway to hell
    Highway to hell
    Highway to hell

And I'm going down
    All the way
    Whoa!

Students who walk into the Music Building, Fannin Hall, have an alarming habit of turning into music majors. Derrick Logozzo and Melissa Logan don't hold students to the standards of any real school of music as they are simply filling chairs. Students are not put on the Guided Pathway and taking the universal core classes that all degrees require so that they can actually get an Associate's and then Bachelor's Degree and be able to change majors as many of them should and will want to do. Logan and Logozzo load students down with dozens of music hours that are not on any degree plan and lead them straight down the highway to out of state tuition and loss of financial aid hell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: NASM Accredited??? DCCCD Richland College Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan Out of State Tuition Nightmare

Graduation-Rates Campaign Heads to Dallas | The Texas Tribune

Graduation-Rates Campaign Heads to Dallas

A new billboard that will tower over Dallas' North Central Expressway on Monday offers a startling message on college graduation rates, an effort by a state business group to turn the spotlight on the the state's lagging higher ed outcomes.

A new billboard that will tower over Dallas' North Central Expressway on Monday offers a startling message: "8% OF DCCCD STUDENTS GRADUATE IN 3 YRS. IS THAT FAIR TO THE STUDENTS? TX ASSN OF BUSINESS."
    DCCCD is the Dallas County Community College District. The Texas Association of Business is an advocacy group for Texas business owners that has made lagging graduation rates at the state's higher education institutions a pet issue....."We're looking at a massive shortage of educated workforce unless we increase the productivity of education in Texas," Hammond said. "Overall, two-thirds of the jobs of the future will require some post-secondary degree or certificate."
    That was posted in 2011. Things will never improve as long as dirty music advisors are on a mission to fill chairs. Putting students into dozens of hours of music classes that will never transfer, put students into out of state tuition if they transfer, exhausts their eligibility for financial aid and do not lead to any marketable skills is downright criminal. Derrick Logozzo and Melissa Logan are wasting mountains of tax dollars and the DCCCD and Richland administration is asleep at the wheel. Students should be sent to Career Services, the Transfer Center and the real advisors to get set up to do something that is going to lead to a real job. The taxpayers shouldn't be funding this party that never ends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Which majors make money? New Texas law aims to let college applicants know - Business - Austin American-Statesman - Austin, TX

By Bob Sechler
    Posted Dec 27, 2019 at 9:58 AM
    Texas business leaders say they’re all for college students pursuing their passions, even if it means majoring in contemporary dance, sculpture or something similarly esoteric.

They’d just like to convey a few financial details first -- like the probability of earning a bigger paycheck as a computer programmer, or even a plumber.
    “A lot of people have no clue” how many jobs are available in various occupations and what they pay, said Tony Bennett, president of the Texas Association of Manufacturers. “If you know that going in, and you still pick whatever (major or profession), that’s fine.”

Come Jan. 1, wage and workforce statistics will have a higher profile during the application process to Texas colleges and universities, under a measure backed by Bennett’s organization and other business groups around the state and approved by lawmakers during this year’s session of the Texas Legislature.

It requires a “prominent link” to the data on the standardized electronic college application -- called ApplyTexas -- used by about 450,000 prospective students annually....

The database provides comparisons of public two- and four-year postsecondary institutions in Texas, including statistics on average earnings and debt burdens for graduates of various programs.

For instance, annual wages earned by a 2015 graduate with a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from a Texas institution averaged about $36,000 after three years, according to the data, compared to about $81,000 for a computer science major and $56,000 for a graduate of a plumbing certification program.

Backers of boosting the profile of such workforce-related information say it’s more important than ever for students to consider, because the cost of higher education and the amount of debt needed to pay for it have risen dramatically.

But the effort isn’t entirely altruistic. With the Texas labor market stretched thin and the unemployment rate historically low, business advocates also say it’s essential for the economy that the skills of new graduates match up relatively well on average with the qualifications being sought in the multitudes of help-wanted postings across the state.
    “We need to organically grow more Texas students with certain skills that businesses are looking for,” said Justin Yancy, president of the Texas Business Leadership Council.....

“For us, it really is about the comprehensive picture when we’re counseling students (on possible majors), and that is one piece of information,” Wasielewski said....
    Derrick Logozzo and Melissa Logan wouldn't be able to make almost every student that walks into the door a music major if they had the facts. Students are not sent to Career Services and are told that the Transfer Center and other advisors don't know what they are talking about. Some cold hard facts are definitely in order! The dirty advisors are wasting students' financial aid and in state tuition eligible hours. Richland's motto is complete BS for those trapped in dozens of hours of music classes that will not transfer, are not on any degree plan, exhaust students' financial aid, puts students into out of state / non-resident tuition and does not give them any marketable job skills.

higher education that actually gets you hired!..... my a$$!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Access Denied

Before letting Logozzo and Logan make any life ruining choices for them, students should investigate all of their options. Career Services, the real Advising Center and the Transfer Center are good places to start. The article linked will get students asking questions and exploring options before they end up with over 100 hours of music crap that leads nowhere but out of state tuition and exhausting of financial aid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

These Heartbreaking Stories Show Hard It Is To Pay For College

The reality of paying for college. Having a truthful advisor that gives students all the options and information they need is vital. Richland College music advisors filling their own music chairs is criminal. Real families struggle to pay for college and want their kids to have a better life. DCCCD is wasting our tax dollars and destroying students' lives with dishonest advising!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Under new Texas law, college employees could be fired and charged for not reporting sexual misconduct
    Under Senate Bill 212 starting Jan. 1, employees at Texas universities could face criminal charges and lose their jobs if they fail to report incidents of sexual harassment, assault, stalking or dating violence.

Sen. Joan Huffman, R-Houston, said she wrote the bill to address gaps in the reporting process at some universities.
    Examples of Sexual Harassment

The following descriptions, while not all-inclusive, will help you understand the types of behavior that are considered “conduct of a sexual nature” and that, if unwelcome, may constitute sexual harassment:

Unwanted sexual statements: Sexual or “dirty” jokes, comments on physical attributes, spreading rumors about or rating others as to sexual activity or performance, talking about one’s sexual activity in front of others and displaying or distributing sexually explicit drawings, pictures and/or written material. Unwanted sexual statements can be made in person, in writing, electronically (email, instant messaging, blogs, web pages, etc.) and otherwise.

Unwanted personal attention: Letters, telephone calls, visits, pressure for sexual favors, pressure for unnecessary personal interaction and pressure for dates where a sexual/romantic intent appears evident but remains unwanted.

Unwanted physical or sexual advances: Touching, hugging, kissing, fondling, touching oneself sexually for others to view, sexual assault, intercourse or other sexual activity.
    Derrick Logozzo won't be telling students that have been sexually harassed to work it out among themselves any more! Reporting issues like that is his job, so that those who are qualified can step in and deal with it properly. Men have a right to feel safe on campus and on school sponsored trips. Sexual harassment is not a joke and it should never be tolerated.

Richland will not be able to sweep the crime on campus under the rug any more either. A female student that refuses the sexual advances of another female student shouldn't have a pound of marijuana waved in her face on campus to entice her to "get wasted" and go out with the women she did not wish to have a sexual relationship with and had already made that abundantly clear to. And, when that alleged drug dealer is reported to police departments, the student that turned down the sexual aggressor in writing shouldn't be further victimized by the Richland Administration. That student with the pound of what she said was pot tried to finger her victim for the pot because the campus police report never made it to the Vice President's desk to be dealt with in the first place, but local police and Child Protective Services were contacting her and she was enraged. An innocent high school student that resembled the victim then got pulled in by the Richland Campus police and questioned about the marijuana. That student left the Richland high school program and finished her schooling elsewhere. The Richland VP was going to give the victim's class schedule to the alleged drug dealer so that Richland could put both victim and aggressor under a No Contact Order. An alleged drug dealer shouldn't be given that information as that jeopardizes the safety of the student that she is harassing. The student being harassed by the drug dealer did not feel safe on campus and missed a great deal of class due to Richland being incapable of dealing with the situation in a timely or reasonable manner.

The total lack of communication and action by DCCCD and Richland will have to be addressed. Students, paying parents and taxpayers all expect that students will be safe on campus and issues will be addressed effectively and immediately. That includes advising being done by the book! Richland is turning into a drug campus and students are not safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All DCCCD employees are expected to report actual or suspected sexual misconduct to appropriate officials...

Retaliation

It is unlawful (illegal) and a violation of DCCCD’s Sexual Misconduct policy to retaliate against an individual for:

• alleging sexual misconduct;
    • supporting a person bringing a complaint or grievance;
    • opposing sexual misconduct;
    • assisting in providing information relevant to such a claim; or
    • participating in any grievance process on campus or with a government agency.

If you believe you are being subjected to retaliatory behavior for filing a complaint of sexual misconduct or participating in the investigation of such a complaint, please contact your college Title IX coordinator.....

If you have experienced any type of sexual misconduct and/or harassment; if it has happened to you or someone you know, or suspect that it is being done to someone, it is your obligation to report it. If you see something, say something. Please contact:

Latrenda S. Thomas
    Interim Title IX Coordinator
    Title IX Administrator
    ADA Coordinator
    972-761-6852
    TitleIX-RLC@dcccd.edu

Complaint Incident Report Form
    For additional information, you can also visit: title-ix-sexual-misconduct
    I can tell folks why people at Richland don't report things. Nothing gets done in most instances and if the college does take action they make things absolutely miserable for those that do the right thing and make a report. I reported the women who had brought what she said was a pound of pot onto campus to numerous authorities. The alleged drug dealer blamed the female student who refused to date her. The student who refused to date her went through hell on campus for months. The alleged drug dealer came back for another semester and only left when she realized the men on campus who were much younger than she was wouldn't date her either. Richland rolls out the carpet for troubled students who aren't serious about school, but clearly are there to party.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-30-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The troubled student had been to a 4 year college, then come to Richland, and had supposedly auditioned and was accepted to yet another 4 year college to finish her music performance degree. Mysteriously, this student ended up back at Richland yet again claiming most of her credit hours didn't transfer. Well, any music hours she took at that point I can guarantee wouldn't transfer as she was way over music hours on any degree plan.

So, she had no legitimate reason to be in the music department and Derrick Logozzo put her back in knowing that she had been causing issues previously. After the pot incident and numerous run-ins with the campus police, Richland Administrators still kept her in the program. As I noted before, she only left Richland when she couldn't get people, her Wind Symphony buds, to go get wasted and party with her. There are bars on Greenville Avenue for those that want to find a party.

Richland has an obligation to serve students that have special needs and challenges. All students should be welcomed to further their educations. But, for students who are not on a certificate or degree path, there is no reason to have these troubled students on campus when their only reason for being there appears to be to solicit dates and socialize. This student had very serious issues and individuals outside of campus made reports to the campus police and administration. Her fellow students had every reason to feel they were not safe with her on campus.

It is supposed to be a real serious music department and not the circus that it has turned into!

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My husband tackled me to the ground and pinned me there for quite some time because I was depressed and thought about cutting myself. He isn't here and now that my adrenaline has worn off I am in severe pain. I don't know what to do......

Hey guys and dolls. Im a married year old woman who is currently confused. I have always classified as bisexual however, recently due to many other unfortunate issues going on in my marriage I find my self sexual aroused by women again. A LOT. Well the arousal never really went away.

Anyways I am here trying to figure myself out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Richland advisors, obviously excluding Derrick Logozzo and Melissa Logan, are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The first thing the real advisor questioned when my daughter went for help to register for this spring was why she had so many music hours. My daughter explained that Derrick Logozzo had put her in all that music crap. Logozzo tells everyone that they can do multiple majors at Richland College and that the MUAP (private voice or instrument lessons) are cheap lessons. Logozzo doesn't discuss career options or the fact that credit hours eligible for in-state tuition and financial aid are very limited. The real advisor knew immediately that those hours were not on any degree plan and would not transfer. She dug right in and looked at attempted hours and calculated what was left to finish an Associate's Degree and was very concerned because my daughter was way over hours and will be in out of state tuition when she transfers.

The advisor also noted that anyone with more than 89 hours can have serious issues transferring. The state colleges don't have to take a student with over 89 hours and why would they want to take a student who is going to be in out of state tuition (that financial aid doesn't cover and they likely won't be able to pay) and that may exhaust their financial aid as well due to the excess hours. Placing students in credit hours over the Associate's Degree can do them serious harm. Derrick Logozzo and Melissa Logan should have been removed a long time ago as the records posted in this thread show that music students have been used to fill music chairs and not advised honestly.

Please note what UTD states.

Admission Requirements - Office of Admission and Enrollment - The University of Texas at Dallas

Reviewed Admission Criteria

All transfer applicants are reviewed individually and holistically. Consideration is given to factors such as:

• Cumulative GPA and overall academic coursework and performance.
    • Preparation for and ability to be successful in intended major.
    • Information provided in optional supplemental materials including a resume, essay, and/or letter(s) of recommendation.
      • While not required, we encourage all applicants to submit supplemental materials.
      • Letters of recommendation are limited to a maximum of three.
      • Applicants should respond to the Apply Texas application essay prompt.

Assured Admission Criteria

Applicants are eligible for assured transfer admission by meeting all of the following criteria:

• 42 or more transferable credit hours.
    • A minimum cumulative transferable GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
    • Fewer than 90 cumulative attempted hours between all attended institutions of higher education.
    • Applicant must be in good standing with the last college or university attended.

Or

• A Comet Connection member with a completed AA/AS/AAT.
    • A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
    • Applicant must be in good standing with the last college or university attended.

About Comet Connection

The Comet Connection is a program for Texas