Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How legit is EZ Wealth Solution? Kathleen Vanbeekom Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: How legit is EZ Wealth Solution? Kathleen Vanbeekom Promoter

EZ Wealth Solution advertisement.
    I posted in my Scam and Fraud forum about DJ's blatant ads and it caused an uproar from the Lotto Magic people. I am deleting his ads (sick of them) and replying to the posts made there. I see there have been over 80 views. Peter Fogel got in the act and I am responding to him. We are worst enemies.
    Get A Check Every Month Whether Or Not You Win Anything In The Florida Lotto! | View Thread | AdlandPro Community

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MLM is it or is it not?? Good or bad. You Decide.

Tonight this was in my inbox at Adland:

4/2/2011 12:09:19 PM
    Hi Sara Gardner,

This is a business opportunity message being sent to 6,000 people, thanks for opening it!

YOU can rake in $1,838 ALL AT ONCE from 700 products with no personal selling! This biz is much hotter than being a CB affiliate! Stop selling one product at a time for peanut commissions! Stop selling! Start EZ Wealth Solution-ing!

You get 700 DIGITAL & SOFTWARE PRODUCTS when you join EZ Wealth Solution up to all 5 levels...great stuff here such as autoresponder systems and much more to enhance/improve/increase your advertising/marketing. Many famous names created these digital products (Ewen Chia, Liz Tomey, and more!)

You can also rake in REPEATED DAILY COMMISSION$ up to $1,838 per referral, the signup IS the sale, no personal selling, the online videos close the signups/sales FOR YOU!

Lots of people are joining up to Levels 2 & 3 immediately when they sign up, all 5 levels will maximize your income:

Just 1 signup daily of Level 2 would bring you over $35,000 within a year, that's like having a second income!
    Just 1 signup daily of Levels 2&3 together would bring you over $125,000 within a year, you & your spouse could both quit your jobs!

Most of your income can eventually be PASSIVE, brought in for you by the members under you in the infinity paylines.
    I have around 170 payliners, and my sponsor has several hundred payliners, each new member forms a new payline and you get their
    first 2 signups per level on Levels 2 thru 5, and that means you get 2X$97 up to 2x$997 from each payliner, or a combination of $97+$247+$497+$997 for a total of $1,838...and their first 2, and their first 2, and so on, in PASSIVE income!!

This is NOT MLM, Level 1 is a 1-up that leads into a 2-up with Levels 2 thru 5. You can rake in a great income from your own motivation, and a huge income with just a few motivated members, there's no matrix here, you won't need tons of people.

Join one of my most motivated team members (Jason Lamure, also an ALP member) and we'll send you dozens of free ad sources so you can reach 10,000's of prospects daily, thanks:
    ==>> EZ Wealth Solution - The # 1 Get Paid Today Program On The Net!

Sincerely,
    Kathleen VanBeekom

Okay, okay, I know how most of you feel about Adlandpro. Just help me out here, what is going on?? I believe it is all hype but this person claims it is legit and she has been doing it for years. She must make a living, she has no other job and really works at this stuff. Without jumping all over me, just give an opinion.

I don't believe in it but this is one strong person, you might need her on your team.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MLM is it or is it not?? Good or bad. You Decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Honestme11
    Okay, okay, I know how most of you feel about Adlandpro. Just help me out here, what is going on?? I believe it is all hype but this person claims it is legit and she has been doing it for years. She must make a living, she has no other job and really works at this stuff. Without jumping all over me, just give an opinion
    Let me ask you a few questions:

a) What makes you believe anything "Sara" says.
    b) Have you met her ???
    c) Do you understand the concept of what a "sleeper" is in terms of long term deceptive practices ??
    d) Do you understand that successful fraud takes time and requires patience and perseverance.
    Bernard Madoff took years building up his fraud, until it was self sustaining.
    It's too easy to think all frauds are like HYIPs, here today and gone tomorrow.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post

a) What makes you believe anything "Sara" says.
    b) Have you met her ???
    c) Do you understand the concept of what a "sleeper" is in terms of long term deceptive practices ??
    d) Do you understand that successful fraud takes time and requires patience and perseverance.
    I have not met you, Sara, Soapboxmum, 0kosh, Lynne or PatrickPretty but I have instinctive and logical reasons for trusting some people including you.

Somebody at Adland bought or attempted to resurrect the Beverley Armstrong persona at Adlandpro. I am not sure if the original Beverley Armstrong was a sleeper or if somebody bought the name and reputation. When I mentioned this fact on Adland, the name was instantly changed to Beverley Morin and then changed again. There are big con artists in that community and I am glad that Sara has joined this one as she could help us with the Beverley Armstrong/ Morin mystery. I know the Adlander whom I suspect of doing this but that is one thing that I am keeping to myself until there is more evidence

Post Thanks / Like

The info posted here is not real favorable:

EZ Wealth Solution | Rip-off Report: 521098
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by honestme11 View Post
    Tonight this was in my inbox at Adland:

4/2/2011 12:09:19 PM
    Hi Sara Gardner,

This is a business opportunity message being sent to 6,000 people, thanks for opening it!

YOU can rake in $1,838 ALL AT ONCE from 700 products with no personal selling! This biz is much hotter than being a CB affiliate! Stop selling one product at a time for peanut commissions! Stop selling! Start EZ Wealth Solution-ing!
    I have not researched this opportunity at all, but let's look at what is said in this particular solicitation. One of the biggest lies of MLM is that one doesn't have to sell anything. Well, that is nonsensical. Even though it is usually recruiting, that still boils down to hitting up family and friends and advertising in some way.

Almost 2 grand all at once? How???

You get 700 DIGITAL & SOFTWARE PRODUCTS when you join EZ Wealth Solution up to all 5 levels...great stuff here such as autoresponder systems and much more to enhance/improve/increase your advertising/marketing. Many famous names created these digital products (Ewen Chia, Liz Tomey, and more!)
    700 amazing products? Are they appealing and competitively priced. Probably not. MLM products are typically overpriced and overhyped. Folks are buying them in order to participate in the pay plan in many instances. The auto responder sends out responses automatically if folks leave contact info on your website. One is likely going to have to pay for said website and autoresponder. MLMs and the top of pyramid promoters can make money off this.
    You can also rake in REPEATED DAILY COMMISSION$ up to $1,838 per referral, the signup IS the sale, no personal selling, the online videos close the signups/sales FOR YOU!
    Here we have the typical nonsense about the system does the selling and work for you. If the sustem is so brilliant and does all the work what do they need you for? You are another fool buying in order to participate. Though 97% or more will lose money the top promoters will promise the sun, moon and stars and they may profit handsomely before the whole thing collapses.
    Lots of people are joining up to Levels 2 & 3 immediately when they sign up, all 5 levels will maximize your income:
    This sounds like an Aussie Two-Up. I recall that the average rep only brings in 1.8 recruits. I have done detailed analysis on one Aussie Two-Up and only 2% managed to get close to breaking even. Most of the reps handed up sales to their upline, lost thousands and had to quit to stop the financial bleeding. The levels don't magicly fill up as they would have you believe.
    Just 1 signup daily of Level 2 would bring you over $35,000 within a year, that's like having a second income!
    Just 1 signup daily of Levels 2&3 together would bring you over $125,000 within a year, you & your spouse could both quit your jobs!
    All kinds of fancy math. They leave out the part about how only a fraction of a percent achieve those kinds of income. Very dishonest!
    Most of your income can eventually be PASSIVE, brought in for you by the members under you in the infinity paylines.
    The stuff of fantasies. Sit on the beach sipping margaritas and do nothing while the residual income rolls in.
    I have around 170 payliners, and my sponsor has several hundred payliners, each new member forms a new payline and you get their
    first 2 signups per level on Levels 2 thru 5, and that means you get 2X$97 up to 2x$997 from each payliner, or a combination of $97+$247+$497+$997 for a total of $1,838...and their first 2, and their first 2, and so on, in PASSIVE income!!
    This is what led me to believe we are looking at an Aussie Two-Up. These have historically high failure rates and are often used with high ticket items. Following are posts I made on Scam about Emerald Passport and Liberty League

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/legal...ng-scheme.html

Federal Court shuts down get-rich-quick pyramid selling scheme

Friday, 11 December 2009 10:03
    James Thomson

The Federal Court has found a Perth-based company took part in an illegal pyramid selling scheme following an investigation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. The selling scheme, known as Emerald Passport, is an international scam that was created by a company in Panama. It promoted self-help products such as internet-based audio visual presentations with promising titles such as "Mastering Money" and "Wealth Fundamentals".
    Under the scheme, participants made an annual payment to Emerald Passport Inc on the basis that they could earn between $US1,000 to $US10,000 each time they introduced a new participant to the scheme. As per the classic pyramid selling model, they would also earn "commissions" from people that the new participants subsequently introduced.
    The Federal Court in Perth found Cosic Holdings Pty Ltd had breached the Trade Practices Act 1974 by taking part in the scheme. The court found the company set up and controlled websites relating to the scheme, promoted scheme by advertising and made and received payments from other participants in the scheme.
    The court also declared that the company's director, John Cosic, was a party to Cosic Holdings' contravention.
    "People are attracted to these schemes by the prospect of earning quick money through recruiting others into the scheme," ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said in a statement.
    "Success depends on the number of people they can recruit, and in turn on the number those below them can recruit. Ultimately pyramid schemes must fail as it becomes harder and harder for participants down the chain to recruit people. Inevitably people will lose their money.
    "Pyramid selling schemes are nothing more than scams. These proceedings should act as a warning to people promoting or participating in schemes of this nature that the ACCC will take strong enforcement action to stop the promotion of such schemes."
    Cosic Holdings has been banned by the court from taking part in similar schemes and has order to publish notices in various newspapers. Cosic has also been ordered to pay the ACCC's costs.

---------------------------------
    http://www.smh.com.au/business/perth...1210-klu2.html

Perth company convicted for promoting pyramid scheme
    CHALPAT SONTI

December 10, 2009

An illegal international pyramid scheme has led to the conviction of a Perth company that promoted it.
    The Federal Court has found that Cosic Holdings, and the company's director John Cosic, breached the Trade Practices Act by establishing and controlling websites related to the Panama-based direct marketing company Emerald Passport Inc.
    Emerald Passport promoted self help products, with titles such as Mastering Money and Wealth Fundamentals, which participants got access to for an annual payment.
    The payoff was supposed commissions of between US$1000 and US$10,000 for introducing new punters to the scheme.
    The company was found to have promoted the scheme through websites, newspaper advertising and making and receiving payments from other participants in the scheme.
    Both the company and Cosic have been ordered not to take part in similar schemes and to publish notices in newspapers.
    Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chairman Graeme Samuel said the watchdog - which took Cosic to court - would continue to take "strong enforcement action" against pyramid schemes.

Source: watoday.com.au
    ------------------------------------
    Soapboxmom
    Re: LLI big bucks lie
    Quote:
    STATE OF ARIZONA
    DEPARTMENT OF LAW
    1275 W. WASHINGTON STREET
    PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007-2926
    WWW.AZAG.GOV

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Terry Goddard Settles with Personal Development Marketing Company

(Phoenix, Ariz. – May 24, 2006) Attorney General Terry Goddard today announced a settlement with Liberty League International, LLC, and its principals, Brent Payne and Shane Krider. The consent judgment resolves complaints that the multi-level marketing corporation tricked customers into spending substantial amounts of money by promising “sizable commissions” if they helped market three “personal development” products and recruit new participants into the program.

The settlement requires Liberty League International, based in Scottsdale, to pay $115,000 which will be used to pay for consumer education, attorneys' fees and investigation costs, and victim restitution to be
    determined by the court at a later date.

According to documents filed in Maricopa County Superior Court, Payne and Krider said customers had the potential to earn large sums of money if they used and recruited new participants to use Liberty League’s “personal development” products. In fact, the majority of participants did not earn enough to cover the amount they paid to buy the products sold to them.
    The personal development products included a home-study course, a four-day personal development conference and a five-day personal finance and development conference. Prices ranged from $1,495 to $12,995 per person.

In addition to the civil penalties, attorney’s fees and restitution, the defendants are also required to:

– Refrain from making unsubstantiated income claims.

– Advise potential customers of the correct percentage of participants who have made a profit through their participation in the Liberty League program.

– Refrain from making any false or deceptive statements in their marketing materials.

Assistant Attorney General Nancy V. Anger handled this case.

If you believe you have been a victim of fraud, please contact the Attorney General's Office in Phoenix at 602.542.5763; in Tucson at 520.628.6504; or outside the metro areas at 1.800.352.8431. To file a complaint in person, the Attorney General's Office has 22 satellite offices throughout the state with
    volunteers available to help. Locations and hours of operation are posted on the Attorney General's Web site at www.azag.gov. Consumers are also encouraged to sign up on the Web site to receive consumer advisories from the Attorney General.
    Soapboxmom
    This is NOT MLM, Level 1 is a 1-up that leads into a 2-up with Levels 2 thru 5. You can rake in a great income from your own motivation, and a huge income with just a few motivated members, there's no matrix here, you won't need tons of people.

Join one of my most motivated team members (Jason Lamure, also an ALP member) and we'll send you dozens of free ad sources so you can reach 10,000's of prospects daily, thanks:
    ==>> EZ Wealth Solution - The # 1 Get Paid Today Program On The Net!

Sincerely,
    Kathleen VanBeekom
    Every time an opportunity screams they are not MLM that is a huge red flag. An Aussie Two-Up is considered MLM.
    Okay, okay, I know how most of you feel about Adlandpro. Just help me out here, what is going on?? I believe it is all hype but this person claims it is legit and she has been doing it for years. She must make a living, she has no other job and really works at this stuff. Without jumping all over me, just give an opinion.

I don't believe in it but this is one strong person, you might need her on your team.
    Don't they all claim they are legitimate. What real companies run around claiming they are legitimate. Does Microsoft, Dell, Target???

This gal is probably very persuasive and dynamic. Hang on to your wallet and run! Run fast and hard!

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

HM had already tried to open a thread about the EZ scams but she got a beating by members who regarded her as one of the worst from Adland. She has tried to introduce an "upstairs version" on this subject rather than attack other members here.

Perhaps some of you will help research this EZ family of scams and scammers. Perhaps her previous thread could be transfered to the downstair rants and raves. http://www.realscam.com/f9/how-legit...-solution-533/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

a) What makes you believe anything "Sara" says.b) Have you met her ???
    Sorry I forgot to remove who is was sent to but it was Sara but the letter was written or copied Kathleen VanBeekom. I am "Sara" and you can believe me or not, up to you. I am not pushing this junk, never would but this person is all hype about it and claims it is not a scam. Most of us know better and she might have made it so much to the top of pyramid that she is making money off the little ones under her.

Well, yes, I have met Sara since that is me. I have not met Kathleen, just rubbed feathers in FB & Adland and through email messages. No, I don't believe her and would never get involved in the stuff she is in. She is big into the Lotto Magic thing.

I appreciate your input and perhaps you just misread how it was posted. I don't really understand the concept of "sleeper" but can understand what you mean and it has taken her years of hard work, patience and perserverance to get to the level she is, so lets just say she has a lot of suckers under her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SBM, you have it right "This gal is probably very persuasive and dynamic. Hang on to your wallet and run! Run fast and hard!", she is hard as nails and sharp as a razor.

Thanks for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honestme11 View Post
    I don't really understand the concept of "sleeper" but can understand what you mean and it has taken her years of hard work, patience and perserverance to get to the level she is, so lets just say she has a lot of suckers under her.
    A sleeper is a spy or con artist who is placed in a community to garner respect from other members Sleeper agent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am getting more and more convinced that Beverley Armstrong was a sleeper and that is why I am so anxious that HM remains in this community. I know nobody from Adland who had anything bad to say about Beverley Armstrong. Some of Sara's friends who have been in the Adland community for longer than she has, would be a huge asset here if they come in and comment on this issue. Beverley Armstrong and Kathy Hamilton (nee Martin) were the two most influential Adland members when I joined and the re appearance of Kathy Hamilton makes my suspicions about Beverley even stronger. Beverley was the Queen when it came to autosurfs and Kathy the MLM guru. There are big MLM con artists to be identified in Adlandpro. We should help one another to identify them.
    Last edited by path2prosperity; 04-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by path2prosperity View Post
    Most of us here know that the EZ family of scams have been around for a long time. The first in was EZ Surf or EZSurfandEarn. I am not sure. They were all run by a husband and wife team known as Jason and Stacy.
    Do we actually know for sure that this "EZ Wealth Solution" and them other EZ scams of 2006-7 are run by the same scammers??....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okosh View Post
    Do we actually know for sure that this "EZ Wealth Solution" and them other EZ scams of 2006-7 are run by the same scammers??....
    No but a professional investigator would easily be able to put two and two together from hints dropped here and I know more people who were involved and not afraid to talk to authorities.

Post Thanks / Like

No but a professional investigator would easily be able to put two and two together from hints dropped here and I know more people who were involved and not afraid to talk to authorities.
    I think it's very important to everyone who reads the forum to clearly understand that what you say is not true.

"Talking to authorities" is one thing, the agencies involved being willing or able to do anything with the information is quite another.

Anyone involved in these things needs to be quite clear, the second you send your money, it's gone for good.

IF, by any strange stroke of luck people receive a partial refund of their money, they should fall to their knees and give thanks.

Ask yourself, Judy,

what do you REALLY know about these people ???

Are you 100% certain that you know their real names???

Their address is 100% accurate ???

Could you go to a police station today and provide enough 100% accurate information for the officer/s involved to at least start to investigate ???

For starters, you say you're in Britain.

How does anyone know with any certainty that you are ???

I can be back here with a new identity and posting from a completely different IP address with a completely different posting style in 10 minutes, and you'd never know, unless I told you. I can have a legitimate PO box number to allow people to send snail mail within minutes.
    Registering a US corporation can be done online for under $100 24 hours a day

Britain doesn't even have a centralized website or agency where people can lodge a complaint, and it's nigh on impossible to find anyone willing to even fill out a report, much less actually investigate.

Anything under 2 or 3 million bucks and/or with a small number of victims, forget about it.

My point is, all of the names and histories and "facts" to which you refer are meaningless and unprovable.

You DON'T know.

The whole point of online fraud is to make sure you don't know and only "think" you know.

Fraudsters such as Bowdoin, Marsden and Charis Johnson who use their real names are incredibly rare.w

Post Thanks / Like

"Talking to authorities" is one thing, the agencies involved being willing or able to do anything with the information is quite another. Ask yourself, Judy. Could you go to a police station today and provide enough 100% accurate information for the officer/s involved to at least start to investigate ???
    Yes LRM I did walk into a Police Station and give evidence against one person by the name of Sasha De Houghton in 1984 or thereabouts. The man was a fine art thief and evidence given by me and my husband helped get the man a seven year sentence. Aybody who doubts that can check up with New Scotland Yard or any British investigative journalist. Your snide remarks are getting a bit too personal and if you do not stop it, I will assume that you are enjoying a bit of cyber bullying.
    Last edited by path2prosperity; 04-05-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask yourself, Judy,what do you REALLY know about these people ??? Are you 100% certain that you know their real names??? Their address is 100% accurate ???Could you go to a police station today and provide enough 100% accurate information for the officer/s involved to at least start to investigate ???
    I know enough about several people that I have met on the Internet and there is one person and only one about whom I am 100% certain I would recommend to run a scam busting forum. That persons name is John Partington an ex Adlandpro member who will set one up in opposition to RS if invited. I would go into any law court in the UK and give evidence of this man's integrity.

If he does just that, I may even recommend you for a mod's job.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes LRM I did walk into a Police Station and give evidence against one person by the name of Sasha De Houghton in 1984 or thereabouts. The man was a fine art thief and evidence given by me and my husband helped get the man a seven year sentence. Aybody who doubts that can check up with New Scotland Yard or any British investigative journalist. Your snide remarks are getting a bit too personal and if you do not stop it, I will assume that you are enjoying a bit of cyber bullying.
    I beg your pardon.

Who the hell do you think you are ???

How dare you threaten me.

"Snide remarks" ????

Facts are NOT snide remarks.

Catching a fine art thief in 1984 is NOT tracing and prosecuting an internet fraudster.

In fact, that sort of "old world" thinking is what enables these criminals to not only succeed but prosper.

The internet is NOT the same as the real world, and, until people realize that very simple fact, they will continue to lose money.

This is NOT an episode of the latest TV series where the resident geek taps a few keys and BINGO up pops the info he's chasing.

It took 18 months, a specially formed multi agency US government task force and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars, to bring AdSurf Daily and Andy Bowdoin to court, and they KNEW where he was and what he was doing was illegal.

Chasing some anonymous HYIP promoter who has spent 4 or 5 years perfecting his or her fake identity and making themselves untraceable and only taken in a measly grand or two just ain't gonna happen.

For Chrissakes, Judy, wake up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okosh View Post
    That is exactly the problem. I can tell folks from moderating for many years that dropping names one thinks might be tied to a scam is playing with fire. Real people whose names get dragged into this stuff that are totally innocent of involvement can be hurt very badly and their businesses effected. I operate on facts here and ask probing questions that will further justice. I will not go on wild goose chases and have to apologize to folks who have had their names ruined by supposition.

The authorities I can affirm do read these threads and use this information. However often it is the amount of traffic something draws that helps authorites determine where to put precious resources. They are looking at something that already has well documented complaints not depending on internet gossip to find cases to pursue.

I filed a formal complaint against Ignite /Stream Energy 5 years ago. When the enforcement attorney from the AG's office called we had a delightful conversation. She wanted a copy of the DVD and other promotional materials I could gather. She noted there was a tremendous amount of internet attention and she had been reading a Soapboxmom. I burst out laughing and asked her if she realized who she was talking to? We had a good laugh over the fact I was the "passionate" internet blogger who had been such a prolific poster. Remember, she had a pile of well documented complaints. The end result was not a big scambusting extravaganza, but it did result in Ignite being forced to publish Income Disclosures. It was nice progress toward better protecting the public.

Turning in the art thief is very commendable, but let's look at this forum as a public discussion forum that does like Quatloos also warn and inform others about scams and has a staff that will always assist law enforcement in any way possible. I am not sure trying to characterize this as a scambusting forum, as it is completely public and anyone who registers can participate, and turning this into some sort of contest to see who is the most prolific scambuster is a good idea. That seems to be getting out of hand.

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know enough about several people that I have met on the Internet and there is one person and only one about whom I am 100% certain I would recommend to run a scam busting forum. That persons name is John Partington an ex Adlandpro member who will set one up in opposition to RS if invited. I would go into any law court in the UK and give evidence of this man's integrity.

If he does just that, I may even recommend you for a mod's job.
    Why are we discussing competing forums? Is this a competition? Is this John Partington aware you are volunteering / inviting him for the job? How kosher is it to publicly try to lure away the staff here to a forum that doesn't even exist?

So much for actually discussing EZ Wealth.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    That is exactly the problem. I can tell folks from moderating for many years that dropping names one thinks might be tied to a scam is playing with fire. Real people whose names get dragged into this stuff that are totally innocent of involvement can be hurt very badly and their businesses effected. I operate on facts here and ask probing questions that will further justice. I will not go on wild goose chases and have to apologize to folks who have had their names ruined by supposition.

The authorities I can affirm do read these threads and use this information. However often it is the amount of traffic something draws that helps authorites determine where to put precious resources. They are looking at something that already has well documented complaints not depending on internet gossip to find cases to pursue.

I filed a formal complaint against Ignite /Stream Energy 5 years ago. When the enforcement attorney from the AG's office called we had a delightful conversation. She wanted a copy of the DVD and other promotional materials I could gather. She noted there was a tremendous amount of internet attention and she had been reading a Soapboxmom. I burst out laughing and asked her if she realized who she was talking to? We had a good laugh over the fact I was the "passionate" internet blogger who had been such a prolific poster. Remember, she had a pile of well documented complaints. The end result was not a big scambusting extravaganza, but it did result in Ignite being forced to publish Income Disclosures. It was nice progress toward better protecting the public.

Soapboxmom
    SBM, you are so correct about name dropping. I must remind myself to not do it anymore. Yesterday proved to be an alertness for me to watch it carefully. There is no way to know for sure just who a person is behind this monitor unless the proper officials have identified them. I for one will certainly be more careful in the future. You see I have been a victim of internet scandals also with name-calling and defamation of character. When a person tries to defend themselves in that type of situation, it only gets worse.

I apologize to Kathleen and anyone whose name I have mentioned here without proper evidence that they are involved in scams. There are some I have mentioned that I know for sure are bad as I have been victimized by them. Kathleen and I have had our bad moments but still correspond. She is banned from my friends in Adland and FB because of letters I send out and the ads she sends. I have not blocked her from receiving messages is how I got that one.

As SBM pointed out, the information we post here is not viewed only by us - it is all over the internet!! Now, if what we post about someone is not true and that person is under attack, it would be considered defamation of character and would also impact their business and possibly personal lives.

From now on, I will stick to facts (based on what I know) and from legimate sources. Now, back to EZ Wealth Solution - I will keep investigating and watching. I have no positive feedback from anyone in the program that has lost money. I feel like they are there, just have not heard about it.

Let us work together to help fight the 'crooks' not each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Britain doesn't even have a centralized website or agency where people can lodge a complaint, and it's nigh on impossible to find anyone willing to even fill out a report, much less actually investigate.
    Tell me about it - on visits to the UK I've tried to find someone interested in an unproven internet fraud, even though they are the kind of schemes easily identifiable by anyone here as scams. The bureaucracy is incredibly obstructive. The press are not much easier to get hold of either. And we are talking about one European country out of many. In Spain they did arrest the owner of EMG/Finanzas Forex German Cardona Soler after great pressure was put on them by angry defrauded investors and their legal team, but that took nearly a couple of years.

LRM's point about identity on the internet is very valid. There are people who use their own identities, Judy being one of the few, but whether people are fighting against scams or promoting them, it is relatively common to find people using false IDs, either to protect themselves from harm or from prosecutiom, whichever applies.
    It makes hunting down people very very difficult. Peter Roor, for example, took years to establish his Pedro Dispenza identity, and I am sure that there are people who were very suprised to find out that he was in fact Peter Roor. It is just as possible that some of the good ol' boys and girls at AdlandPro who Judy and Sara know have a special online persona that does not exist in the real world as it is that they use their real identities.

SBM's point is well taken.

dropping names one thinks might be tied to a scam is playing with fire.
    Hard evidence or at least substantiated arguments are what is required here.

EZ Wealth does not look good and if and when it is established as a scam, then anyone promoting it will automatically be implicated as a scammer or someone taken in by a scam. Until that point, the names are meaningless.

The other issue that I feel worth mentioning is that there is a hugh difference between spamming and scamming. The first is sending unsolicited advertising, the second is defrauding someone. Although the scammers might also spam, it doesnt make all spammers scammers. It may be obvious to most people here, but to many newbies, the distinction is not always clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LRM, what you say is very true. That is why I want to watch this closely.

I well know the difference in Spamming and Scamming - the Spammers can be deleted, the Scammers cannot!! Sending out unsolicited mail is a far cry from trying to get someone to buy into an obviously fraudalent Scam. Of course now sometimes that unsolicited mail can carry bugs with it and it must be handled with care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Feel free to quote e-mail solicitations you get. I do it frequently and they can be quite humorous. What I do worry about is names being dropped out of thin air with nothing to substantiate allegations made and folks who are not involved being asked to discuss their part in a scam they would never have been involved in to begin with. ALA being a case in point.

EZ Wealth may well never be proven or officially established to be a scam, as in enforcement action being taken, but the label of scam to me is not necessarily one of illegality. To me it means an opportunity that will be uneconomic and that is purported to be a great way to earn extra income and / or a fabulous living when in fact the vast majority of participants will lose money.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure who originally made this statement.

"Britain doesn't even have a centralized website or agency where people can lodge a complaint, and it's nigh on impossible to find anyone willing to even fill out a report, much less actually investigate. "

That is not true. Anybody can report a British National for misleading advertising.How to complain - Advertising Standards Authority

I have reported one Adlandpro member for advertising FortuneDBS and my IP has been blocked in a futile attempt to prevent me from reading anything more about Adlandpro or Adlandpro community where there are British members advertising F5Millionaires club.

I logged in to Adland in an attempt to see if there were British members advertising EZ and my IP was blocked immediately. That makes me smell RATS.

Any of you can report British members of Adlandpro or other forums for misleading advertising.

Post Thanks / Like

That's very interesting, Judy, but factually incorrect on several counts:

1) There is no "rat" involved.

Forum software gives the forum admin several options when banning a poster.
    a) The option to ban permanently
    b) The option to ban for a specific time period
    c) The option to ban the username AND the I.P with which the username is associated.
    d) The option to "soft delete" the offending post/s
    e) The option to "hard delete" the offending post
    f) The option to delete both the offending post and/or thread

There is no conspiracy involved, it's simply a matter of checking an additional box or 2 on the admin control panel.

2) The remit of the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) does NOT allow for the identification and/or prosecution of criminal activity.

In fact, the ASA website itself points out:

Control of ads

The strength of the self-regulatory system lies in both the independence of the ASA and the support and commitment of the advertising industry, through the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP), to maintaning the high standards laid down in the Advertising Codes, which are designed to protect consumers and create a level playing field for advertisers.

What we regulate

We deal with most types of ads but not all, but if we can’t deal with your complaint ourselves, we will try to help you contact the right body. We regulate sales promotions, such as special offers, prize draws and competitions wherever they appear. This section will tell you which types of ads we can deal with and which types of commercial message we don’t deal with.

Our online remit

From 1 March, the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the CAP Code) will apply in full to marketing messages online, including the rules relating to misleading advertising, social responsibility and the protection of children.
    There is a HUGE difference between the ability to report something to the ASA and/or similar agency and having the agency respond or be able to act.

The ASA does NOT have the resources, nor the remit to track down and prosecute online fraud and/or fraudsters, PARTICULARLY those based outside the UK or whose website is registered and/or hosted outside the UK.

Post Thanks / Like

That's very interesting, Judy, but factually incorrect on several counts:

1) There is no "rat" involved.

Forum software gives the forum admin several options when banning a poster.
    a) The option to ban permanently
    b) The option to ban for a specific time period
    c) The option to ban the username AND the I.P with which the username is associated.
    d) The option to "soft delete" the offending post/s
    e) The option to "hard delete" the offending post
    f) The option to delete both the offending post and/or thread

There is no conspiracy involved, it's simply a matter of checking an additional box or 2 on the admin control panel.

2) The remit of the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) does NOT allow for the identification and/or prosecution of criminal activity.

In fact, the ASA website itself points out:

There is a HUGE difference between the ability to report something to the ASA and/or similar agency and having the agency respond or be able to act.

The ASA does NOT have the resources, nor the remit to track down and prosecute online fraud and/or fraudsters, PARTICULARLY those based outside the UK or whose website is registered and/or hosted outside the UK.
    I have reported a British member of Adlandpro for promoting FortuneDBS and the agency HAS TAKEN the matter up.

Adlandpro has banned me from reading their forum and that ban appeared when I was searching their records to see of there were any British members promoting EZ. That is what I meant when I said that I smelled rats. I will continue reading their forum from another computer so I consider the attempt to shut me up futile. It is obvious that it is paying to report British members who promote scams loke FortuneDBS