LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [Merged]Attacks on Realscam.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RS Server Migration 24th March 2013

So, you are telling me that it doesn't take over 2 weeks to migrate servers, as in the ProSun servers?? Amazing!!!!
    The more I am around people, the more I like my dog !!

http://www.asdupdates.com/wordpress

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard7 View Post
    So, you are telling me that it doesn't take over 2 weeks to migrate servers, as in the ProSun servers?? Amazing!!!!
    DUH, the servers are on a "Slow boat to China", it's not like in the movies where you just flip a switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Urgh. I like the protection against DDoS that we have now, but I'm gritting my teeth dealing with some of the ways it behaves. Any decent-sized exposure posting I make apparently overloads the connection briefly, and it cannot tell the difference between clicking "go advanced" with material already in the input box, and clicking "submit." The system thought that the post I hadn't sent yet was already sent, thanks to the overload when I switched it to advanced to keep links of being covered up by the page titles.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    Urgh. I like the protection against DDoS that we have now, but I'm gritting my teeth dealing with some of the ways it behaves. Any decent-sized exposure posting I make apparently overloads the connection briefly, and it cannot tell the difference between clicking "go advanced" with material already in the input box, and clicking "submit." The system thought that the post I hadn't sent yet was already sent, thanks to the overload when I switched it to advanced to keep links of being covered up by the page titles.
    Have made some amendments, Prof.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jason

6. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are we still under attack? Same ones or new?
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The scammers are always looking for ways to silence critics. Wish them luck!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

9. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I will wish them luck but sure would like to catch the suckers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    The scammers are always looking for ways to silence critics. Wish them luck!
    I shall wish them luck...remembering that there are two basic kinds of luck to wish upon someone...!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

12. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that RS has a trojan. The filestore72.info redirect is in full force.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that RS has a trojan. The filestore72.info redirect is in full force.
    ProfHenry, I had a Facebook friend report the following to me:

It was difficult, but not impossible, to get on the site yesterday - sometimes got an error 404 message - but today it is impossible. What pops up instead is this "File72" thing, which offers me a download - which i don't want - and then tells me I may have won an iphone
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

I know. The way around it is to approach the site from your bookmarks or favorites, rather than a search page. This particular trojan seems to target Vbulletin-using sites, from what I've read about it, altering a file governing interactions with search engines.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. The way around it is to approach the site from your bookmarks or favorites, rather than a search page. This particular trojan seems to target Vbulletin-using sites, from what I've read about it, altering a file governing interactions with search engines.
    Working on it as we speak.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Poyol, we know you are working on it. You have some hard taskmasters!!! :)
    The more I am around people, the more I like my dog !!

http://www.asdupdates.com/wordpress

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wizzard, can you just wave that magic wand of yours and make these hackers go away!!?!!! I am really getting tired of seeing that error message... Sorry, Poyol and admins, just thought a little magic couldn't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries.
    We need all the help we can at the moment.

It's more stable than it's been in a week or so though - so I've got my hopes up a little.

Jason

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ddos Denial of service attack on 16th April 2013

Hi,

This seems to be happening on a regular basis as I was unable to access rs yesterday even the cloud redirect couldn't connect me, I can only assume that there are some people out there that do not like what rs is doing!

I don't suppose that there is anyway to avert attacks in the future as this stems from computer users who do not have any virus protection on their computers or if they do they don't run virus scans often enough, I run a scan every month and I would do this more often but a full virus scan takes 2 days to complete.

A lot of computer users are oblivious to whats on their hard drive so have trojans and down loaders plus other malware picked up when they visit websites, these malicious programs allow anyone to use their computer as a bot or robot to be used for Ddos attacks. If anyone can't afford a good antivius program microsoft does a very good free one you can download from Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows just click on the Download Now button and then select your operating system ie; windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, windows 8 etc.

I have found it easy to use and I am happy to recommend it to anyone who hasn't got an anti virus protection or can't afford one, I now use kaperski anti virus as it comes free with barclays bank and is the only reason I have changed from the microsoft virus protection.

Regards
    GOF.
    Please follow me on Twitter
    My sites are AFCW.net RackedHost.com

Post Thanks / Like

re: [Merged]Attacks on Realscam.com

There are certain solutions we're looking into to resolve this issue.

But in the long run, if someone wants to take us down for a while they'll be able to if they have a big enough wallet.
    Usually it's computer users that aren't necessarily members of Realscam; they're infected with a RAT/DoS controller - so the master puppeteer can tell the sites to all try to access Realscam at the same time.

Thank you for your ongoing patience.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poyol View Post

But in the long run, if someone wants to take us down for a while they'll be able to if they have a big enough wallet.
    Usually it's computer users that aren't necessarily members of Realscam; they're infected with a RAT/DoS controller - so the master puppeteer can tell the sites to all try to access Realscam at the same time.

Jason
    Hi Jason,

There is no need to apologise, and I am sorry if my post seemed to be aimed at rs members! It was intended to be useful for any users or visitors to the rs website.

Kind Regards
    John.
    Please follow me on Twitter
    My sites are AFCW.net RackedHost.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The scammers that attack us are sinking their own ship. More hits keeps our threads at the top of Google search pages. And, they have been sending out e-mails inviting readers here. Quite a brilliant tactic I would say!
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldfart View Post
    Hi,

This seems to be happening on a regular basis as I was unable to access rs yesterday even the cloud redirect couldn't connect me, I can only assume that there are some people out there that do not like what rs is doing!

Regards
    GOF.
    I have got my better computer in for service. I ran all my diagnostics before I took it in and they showed no threats. I have not asked Digitech to run the complete virus test (which you say takes two days.) They have done that two day thing sometimes.

It would help if you or somebody could explain any new threats that are associated with DDOS attacks. I do not understand these automatic downloaders that people talk about now. I run Spybot Search and Destroy every day and I thought that cleared sites trying to download most things.

I did not understand the information about a 72 something which started to appear on RS.

If somebody could help me to formulate some intelligent questions about visiting sites under ddos attacks for the senior software engineer, it would be deeply appreciated. The machine has not been to the workshop for over a year and there was even more cat hair, dust and grease in the works than usual because of the final building work. I know it is inadvisable to remove the covers before all the dust has settled after sanding.
    Last edited by path2prosperity; 04-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Winaso registry cleaner which is the only one which Digitech says is compatible with their security software. I know that some registry cleaners can cause more problems. Please could somebody tell me if they have encountered any with Winaso?

It does remove things that are too technical for me but I would like to ask my systems people if any of you techies think it is better not to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poyol View Post

Jason
    So most of those over 2,000 "guests" are possibly robots attacking??? Well if it keeps the ratings up, guess we will win in the long run. Still think you need to check out Matt Barrie at Freelancer.com - he learned this while still in college, now he has his clones working for him.

If I am "off base" admins, you can remove the names...

Post Thanks / Like

Question Who broke the forums email addy??....

I'm guessing it's broken cos I haven't seen an email from realscam to tell me of new posts in threads I'm subscribed to since...well weeks now....
    Or is the realscam email addy still at the repair shop and they waiting on parts??....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

30. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Who broke the forums email addy??....

We are always tinkering. I will check with our 3 tech guys as I am not allowed to play too much in the admin panel.

Love some Bunny! I do!

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who broke the forums email addy??....

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    We are always tinkering. I will check with our 3 tech guys as I am not allowed to play too much in the admin panel.
    Thanks....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ