Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Bentley Investment -- Scam?

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley Investment -- Scam?

I received a response to my inquiry. The grammar and spelling in the inquiry appear to be Asian responding in ESL but with an incorporation certificate from England (of course a doghouse can be incorporated and get a certificate). In their response, they claim to have an office with available phone service; however, due to excessive traffic, they do not answer this phone nor provide the office address. They claim to have over 1,000 subscriber/members in this, their first month of business. They did not address my request to provide verifiable credentials and financials.
    Any information from reliable sources will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bentley Investment -- Scam?

Hey Dward, welcome to Real Scam. You could always drop a copy of the letter in to the forum, and/or drop the whole text in to google and see what pops up. I did a quick search of Bentley Investment and came up with what looks like a High Yield Investment Plan, which is a Pozni scheme. No research is needed, no investor ever has made those rates of return.
    There is also a Bentley Investment that is a student organization that manages part of the Bentley Endowment, whatever that may be.

As you may know, scammers often use a close or in this case identical name to a real organization(s) to give an air of legitimacy. As you also pointed out bad or questionable grammar should always be a red flag. Finally, private investment pools are not allowed to advise to the general public, which is why you never see ads for Hedge Funds on Bloomberg or CNBC.
    So I doubt them sending an email or letter somehow allows them to skirt the marketing law.

Post Thanks / Like

* Claiming to offer 9% ROI per DAY

* Claiming to offer 300% ROI after 30 days.

IMPOSSIBLE

* It even calls itself a HYIP.

* A Companies House check reveals it is a Private Limited company, has been incorporated for only 6 weeks and is NOT licensed to offer investments to the public.

* It appears on the usual suspect HYIP ponzi forums where NO legitimate business would allow itself to be featured

IOW, it's just your normal, run-of-the-mill HYIP ponzi fraud

YOU decide
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

300% after 30 days, even if they only do 10% of that it sounds like a great deal. And not constrained by all those evil gubmit regulationz, where do I sign?