PDA

View Full Version : Obama gets crocodile insurance.....

okosh
11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Not to worry folks....We took real good care of your President whilst he was here....
We even took care of what your Secret Service overlooked....

Crikey! Obama Gets Crocodile Insurance for Australia Trip
By Jak Phillips | November 17, 2011 | +

In an uncertain and sometimes dangerous global climate, President Obama needs to be covered against all eventualities — and it seems this now extends to threats from Australia’s largest reptile.

But far from being the brainchild of an overzealous security guard, the “protection” came in the form of a novelty insurance certificate against crocodile attacks, presented to Obama during his visit to Australia’s Northern Territory earlier today.

Home to Australia’s largest and deadliest crocodiles, the area is renowned for its novelty $10 croc insurance certificates, which in this instance, would have paid out $50,000 to Michele Obama if her husband had fallen foul of the sharp-toothed swamp dwellers.

According to Reuters, the President later told troops in the region’s capital, Darwin, “I was just presented with the most unique gift I have ever received as president — crocodile insurance. My wife, Michelle, will be relieved,”

He added, “I have to admit when we reformed health care in America, crocodile insurance is one thing we left out.”

The region was made famous for its man-eating crocodiles (which can grow to upwards of 16 feet) by the Crocodile Dundee movies, although only one or two people a year are actually killed by the beasts.

Even with those odds, NewsFeed thinks that $10 might not be such a bad investment.
Crikey! Obama Gets Crocodile Insurance for Australia Trip | NewsFeed | TIME.com (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/17/crikey-obama-gets-crocodile-insurance-for-australia-trip/#ixzz1dzxOVB00)

laidback
11-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Crap! You mean we get him back????