PDA

View Full Version : Politicians Bought and Paid for by MLMs

Soapboxmom
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Mitt Romney's Biggest Backers: Pyramid Schemers? | Mother Jones (http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/09/mitt-romney-nu-skin-mormon-church#disqus_thread)

Consumers will never be protected as long as these schemes have politicians in their back pockets. We need to fight hard for campaign funding reform!

Soapboxmom

scratchycat
10-29-2011, 08:55 AM
He is bound to have his fingers in some sticky deals with all his fortunes. I say "No" to Mitt Romney.

laidback
10-29-2011, 10:38 AM
He is bound to have his fingers in some sticky deals with all his fortunes. I say "No" to Mitt Romney.I hate to be the one to break it to ya, folks, but all politicians are funded by one or more special interests.When choosing a person to vote for, you must decide if: 1. Are his core beliefs aligned with yours, based on his ACTIONS? (Words from politicians mean little.) 2. Does he possess the integrity to administer his office in to the betterment of his(her) constituents, regardless of where his money came from? 3. Is he(she) QUALIFIED to do the job...? It seems that even the politicians(newbies, if you will) that are pure of motive get corrupted by the system, once exposed to it. The final issue is, "Who is the opponent?" We are too often stuck voting AGAINST someone, rather than FOR someone. One thing demonstrated by elections is that a majority of voters are not qualified to vote! ( Crawling down off my soapbox now.)