PDA

View Full Version : IRS Wage Garnishment / Uncle Sam Always Gets His!!!

Soapboxmom
07-04-2011, 10:58 PM
By the end of this month, Leon County Commissioner Bill Proctor will receive a county paycheck that's significantly less than what he's bringing home now.

The Internal Revenue Service, by way of a legal process called garnishment, is taking $59,386 from Proctor's commissioner salary for unpaid taxes based on income generated from 2006 through 2009, according to a June 1 letter from the county's human resources department. The county is ordered to deduct $4,111 per month from Proctor's $72,130 annual salary until the debt is paid off.
Proctor, who represents District 1 and also is a political-science instructor at Florida A&M University, told the Tallahassee Democrat on Monday he feels like he's been served a "humanitarian gut check."
After quoting various Bible scriptures, he said the garnishment may make him a better commissioner. Proctor said he will be more sensitive to the needs of other residents who are living with very little or less compared to previous years.
"I will learn how to fast and learn how to pray," said Proctor, an associate minister at Bethel AME Church on Orange Avenue. "I believe there are a lot of people who make less money than me and they make it. This ain't doomsday."
Proctor, who hired an accountant to handle his tax returns, said he earns approximately $55,000 as a FAMU instructor. He said he may need to get another job to make ends meet.
No other county commissioner is bringing home a garnished check, said county spokesman Jon Brown.
Proctor's paycheck has shrunk before.
In 2005, his commissioner salary was garnished by the IRS and the U.S. Department of Education for unpaid taxes and defaulted student loans.
According to a previous Democrat article, Proctor owed the IRS $61,750 in unpaid income taxes, interest and penalties for years 1997-2002. A federal tax lien, which is a hold or claim on property until a debt is paid, was filed in the Leon County Clerk of the Circuit Court on July 18, 2005.
Proctor also still owes $82,017 in fines to the Florida Elections Commission for violations dating back to his 1998 campaign. He was charged with 178 violations, and the Elections Commission sought more than $200,000 in fines. A judge later ordered him to pay the lesser amount.

In October, Proctor told the Democrat he had no plans to pay the fine anytime soon and referred to himself as an "indentured slave to the state."

When asked if he plans to deal with the election fines in light of his latest garnishment, the four-term commissioner quickly said, "Man, somebody needs to forgive that."
He said the Florida Commission on Ethics voted Friday to write off more than $191,000 in bad debts and fines older than a decade against elected officials. He said the federal and state government picks and chooses who they want to save from outstanding fines.
"The government gives monies to corporations to bail them out, but I'm not in the loop," Proctor said. "I'm the one they take money from, not the one they want to give to."
Proctor said he's not aware of whether his FAMU check also is being garnished. Although he won't see a full county check for more than a year, Proctor said, "It's just money ... I've been poor before.
"There is nothing I can do to undo what the government can do to me," Proctor said. "They went to my boss and said his check belongs to us."

Read more: IRS to garnish nearly $60K from Proctor's commission paycheck | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat (http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110621/NEWS01/106210319/IRS-to-garnish-nearly-60K-from-Proctor-s-commission-paycheck#ixzz1RCQzYV35) IRS to garnish nearly $60K from Proctor's commission paycheck | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat (http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110621/NEWS01/106210319/IRS-to-garnish-nearly-60K-from-Proctor-s-commission-paycheck#ixzz1RCQzYV35)
__________________________________________________ _____________
I hope everyone who has tried to take advantage of their fellow Americans by shirking taxes they could and should have paid gets the same treatment!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
07-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Will Filing Bankruptcy Stop An IRS Garnishment? | Billy D Price Attorneys at Law (http://billypricelaw.com/blog/2011/03/will-filing-bankruptcy-stop-an-irs-garnishment/)
Will Filing Bankruptcy Stop An IRS Garnishment?

Posted on March 30, 2011 (http://billypricelaw.com/blog/2011/03/will-filing-bankruptcy-stop-an-irs-garnishment/) by billy (http://billypricelaw.com/blog/author/billy/)
The filing of a bankruptcy does stop an IRS garnishment. When a bankruptcy is filed, there is a court injunction called the automatic stay that goes into effect. This automatic stay prevents any further collection attempts by creditors during the duration of the bankruptcy unless that creditor seeks Court permission to have the automatic stay lifted. Individuals usually file a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy will stop the garnishment but, depending on the circumstances, the IRS garnishment may start again after discharge, which usually happens after 4 months from filing.
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy would roll the amount owed to the IRS into a Chapter 13 plan that would be paid back over the duration of the chapter 13. As long as the IRS has not taken out a lien, the IRS debt re paid through the Chapter 13 plan is paid back with no interest and not penalties accruing after the Chapter 13 case is filed.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
Like I said. Uncle Sam always gets his!!!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
IRS Garnishment – The IRS Can Take More Than Just Wages (http://www.uniteddebtsolutions.org/irs-garnishment-the-irs-can-take-more-than-just-wages.php)

October 30th, 2010 by admin | Filed under IRS Garnishment (http://www.uniteddebtsolutions.org/category/irs-garnishment).

When most people think about IRS garnishment they typically think about their wages being levied. Unfortunately, that’s only one of many things the IRS can garnish. Basically, they can levy just about any income or financial account or attach a lien to any physical or real property that they want to. Nothing you have is safe from the IRS unless you know how to protect yourself.
Most people are familiar with the fact that the government can garnish wages or salaries. A notice is sent to your employer and money is taken directly out of your paycheck. But that’s not the only way that the IRS can get your money. They can also take your commissions and, if you have a business, your accounts receivable. In addition to that, if you have rental property they can levy your rental income. The interest and dividends you might receive from bank accounts or brokerage accounts can be garnished too. In fact, just about any stream of income you have coming in can be levied.
But they might take more than just the interest and dividends.

The IRS can take your bank accounts, brokerage accounts, and even the cash loan value of your life insurance if it wants to. And, by the way, that includes your retirement accounts. No financial account is safe.
Retirees aren’t safe from IRS garnishment either. As mentioned above, interest and dividends can be garnished, and even the accounts themselves can be confiscated. But that’s not all. Annuities and interest from pensions can be levied and entire retirement accounts can be seized. Even Social Security and Disability Insurance Benefits can be levied by up to 15%.
Physical and real property can be taken too. The IRS can put a lien, which is a legal claim, on physical property and real estate. This includes cars, boats, and even your house. Once a tax lien is put on your home you have to satisfy the lien before you can sell or even refinance. The levy can also affect your credit rating and make it difficult for you to get credit in the future.
Though all of this sounds scary, there are things you can do to prevent any of these catastrophes from happening to you and your family. Be sure to act at once if the IRS sends you a notice of any kind. Don’t wait for the second notice and don’t just hope the problem will go away. It won’t. Normally you can reach an agreement with the government if you act swiftly. And don’t do it alone. Get professional advice to help you negotiate the best possible settlement with the IRS to protect your income and your assets from IRS garnishment.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Nothing funnier than watching tax protesters and other geniuses trying to avoid Uncle Sam get it!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
07-05-2011, 10:34 AM
They did the same thing to me. I became homeless because the IRS took over 75% of my paycheck for 2.5 months. I lost my apartment b/c I couldn't pay the rent, lost my job b/c I was living in my pickup and didn't have a place to shower & couldn't afford the gas to drive to work. Lost my medical ins that covered the drugs (over $450/ mo) I need everyday to function. I had to eat at a soup kitchen, sell practically everything I owned (furniture, vehicles, power tools, cameras, TVs, appliances, you name it), and now that I don't have wages to steal, they are seizing the pasture land where my horses live. They are going to make me lose an acreage that took me 13 years to acquire and is worth a quarter million to satisfy a $14,000 tax bill that started out as the tax on $2300 of unreported income in the year 2000. What? Maybe 32% of $2300 = $736 of tax? They are now seizing $14,000!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot... my wife divorced me in the process and I became estranged from my 3 teenaged kids. Now I'm being threatened with being charged with Willful Failure to File Return. Big deal... that's only 1 year in prison...

Answered on 6:19 pm May 28th 2011
http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/groupsense/images/hof-no-avatar_new.gif (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/User/)
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Uncle Sam at it again!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
07-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry, big time tax shirks and tax protesters. The online form is only for those with a small debt. Boo-hoo! Good luck with Uncle Sam!

Online Payment Agreement Application (http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=149373,00.html)

Sopaboxmom

Soapboxmom
07-19-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.realscam.com/f11/tim-darnell-catherine-cathy-starnater-darnell-both-sent-irs-hell-562/

I hope the next article I post here talks about the Darnell's being held accountable by good ol' Uncle Sam. With $113,000.00 in tax liens and her making $70,000.00 a year as a physical therapist, I bet Uncle Sam will start garnishing here wages in the near future. It is about time those Millionaire wannabess join the ranks of the U.S. citizens and start paying. As Darnell claimed he wasn't a citizen or even a resident of Texas I think we should deny him his social security until he pays his fair share of taxes!

Soapboxmom