PDA

View Full Version : Action Against Warren English-Finally

EagleOne
06-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Well after more than two years of providing information on Warren English to the Canadian authorities, we had almost given up hope anything would ever be done about him. Then this morning I received this information, which made my day, to say the least:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fraudulent e-mails sent from Laval and Rimouski
AMF THWARTS MARKETING SCAM

Montréal, June 15, 2011 – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”), the Bureau de décision et de révision (the “Bureau”) issued freeze and cease trade orders on June 10, 2011 as part of efforts to thwart a marketing scam set up by Warren English, a Laval resident, and Alain-André Desarzens and his spouse, Michèle Amiot, both of whom reside in Rimouski. Based on extensive and meticulous evidence presented by the AMF, the Bureau concluded that Messrs. English and Desarzens had issued a mass e-mailing to thousands of potential investors with promises of pocketing a lot of money fast.

“A scam that’s all too familiar”

Through Mr. English’s e-mail address (megaib@safe-mail.net) and Mr. Desarzens’ personal e-mail address (alainandre@cgocable.ca) and his website (www.myleads.8k.com), the two men promoted numerous investments, including products under the names “Mega Pension Plan” and “Cherryshares.” They offered thousands of investors around the world, including two Quebeckers, the opportunity to generate possible returns ranging from U.S.$1,000 to $90,000 on a minimum investment of between U.S.$10 and $300.

The Bureau noted as follows in its decision: “Sadly, this type of financial scam is all too familiar. The bait works because the initial investment is so small. This creates a false sense of security, since investors believe that if they lose their investment, the loss is minimal. On the other hand, if the investment pays off, they stand to make a lot of money!”

“These seemingly modest amounts add up to anything but,” states the Bureau

The AMF investigation showed that Warren English, who has been under an Ontario Securities Commission cease trade order since 2003, used some of the funds from the illegal distribution of securities related to Mega Pension Plan to purchase a luxury condominium in Laval. Based on the data gathered by the AMF, Mr. English moved nearly $525,000 between his accounts and those of his company, Méga International Business.

Mr. Desarzens, who is under a cease trade order issued by the Pennsylvania Securities Commission in 1999, used the same modus operandi to amass U.S.$875,000. Some of these funds were transferred into his own account as well as into accounts opened by Michèle Amiot and Institut des médecines universelles, a company of which he is the CEO and sole director.

Cease trade and freeze orders, and website shutdown

As a conservatory measure, the Bureau issued the orders requested by the AMF to prohibit Warren English, Alain-André Desarzens, Michèle Amiot, as well as Méga International Business and Institut des médecines universelles, their officers, representatives and directors from carrying out any activity in respect of a transaction in securities and from pursuing activities as a securities adviser.

The Bureau also froze the funds, securities and other assets held by and on behalf of Warren English, Alain-André Desarzens, Michèle Amiot, Méga International Business and Institut des médecines universelles, and ordered Mr. Desarzens’ website (www.myleads.8k.com) to be shut down.

Investors who believe that they have been targeted by this or any other similar scam should contact the AMF Information Centre. The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial industry.

Now let's hope they go after all of his accomplices and the other players in his scams and those he pimped.

Eddie Haskell
06-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Good job Eagle one. :RpS_thumbup: The names dont ring a bell but the scams do. I remember Talk Gold running off all the naysayers out of the Cherry Shares thread back some time ago.

Its good that their assets are frozen. I just wish they would drop the hammer in shock and awe and lock these people up until further notice. Scammers like this are guilty until proven innocent in my mind and I have yet to be wrong about that. Like you, I hope they go after the promoters as well.

littleroundman
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
A great big bloody well done to Lynn and the crew at Eagle.

EagleOne
06-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you for your kind remarks. Now we need to get all the victims of those who were following Warren's advice to join GPP, as well as all the other scams he was promoting and running himself, the better it will be he gets prison time. Especially those victims from Canada.