PDA

View Full Version : JV GIVEAWAY, ONE24, Viral Membership System

scratchycat
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry I have not been around much lately. But this JV Giveaway came to my attention today and I did some checking. The same person (one of many, I am sure) promoting this is known for pushing MLM, Scam/Fraud. Here is some info I discovered. One name that stood out was: Mark Seyforth

One24 A Scam? Reading This Review Before You Join
October 20, 2010 · Posted in Home Business · Comment
I was introduced to a newly launched company, One24. So I did a little research into its program, product, and compensation plan. In this article, I’ll share with you what I found. Make sure you read this in it’s entirety before you sign on the dotted line.

Firstly, One24 was launched in August 2010 by Mark Seyforth. If his name sounds familiar to you it may be because he’s one of the people who helped launch Herbalife back in 1980. According to what I’ve read, he’s been quite successful in MLM and has good credibility in the industry.

The Program - To join One24, one has to purchase one unit of the NatraBurst for $60. The monthly autoship is one unit of NatraBurst, as well. This $60 monthly cost is less than almost all MLM opportunities. The compensation plan utilizes a single line matrix called Incentivized Referral Plan (IRP). Basically, everyone you recruit goes directly under you. You are then paid for each of these people with upfront and monthly residual income. Their site says they payout 50% of the revenues, which is also higher than other MLM’s who normally payout between 24 and 40% of the company’s revenues.

natraburst : Internet Busines Ideas (http://www.future-internet-journal.com/tag/natraburst)

--------------
Registrant:
Becky Ragsdale

PO Box 397
Chapel Hill, Tennessee 37034
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy (http://www.godaddy.com))
Domain Name: GATE2WEALTH.COM
Created on: 30-Nov-10
Expires on: 30-Nov-11
Last Updated on: 30-Nov-10

Administrative Contact:
Ragsdale, Becky angelwithhalo65@yahoo.com
PO Box 397
United States
(931) 364-4650

Technical Contact:
Ragsdale, Becky angelwithhalo65@yahoo.com
PO Box 397
United States
(931) 364-4650
-------------
Registrant:
Project Platinum Inc.

6315 Opal St
Alta Loma, CA 91701
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy (http://www.godaddy.com))
Domain Name: ONE24.COM
Created on: 31-May-03
Expires on: 31-May-12
Last Updated on: 26-Apr-11

Administrative Contact:
Yerman, Jay 124onlineinfo@gmail.com
Project Platinum Inc.
6315 Opal St
Alta Loma, CA 91701
United States
+1.9099217203

Technical Contact:
Yerman, Jay 124onlineinfo@gmail.com
Project Platinum Inc.
6315 Opal St
Alta Loma, CA 91701
United States
+1.9099217203
-----------

» One24 Scam? (http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/one24-natraburst-scam/)

For those who are not aware, pyramid schemes are illegal in the United States.

Perhaps at this point, you see where I'm going with this. I was shocked at the audacity of this company. They have specifically named their company in such a way as to promote recruitment as a way to retire. It makes me wonder if One24 was their second choice after they realized they couldn't get the domain PyramidScheme.com. This flies in the face of the FTC's quotes of "[Pyramid Schemes] promise consumers or investors large profits based primarily on recruiting others to join their program." and, well, just the whole second quote in general.

Of course there's a far easier reason to explain why I believe this to be a pyramid scheme. The concept of having to recruit 24 more people is simply unsustainable like all pyramid schemes. Let's start off with a company of 4 founders. They each recruit their 24 people to retire. That leaves 96 (24*4) looking for another 24 people to recruit. Let's pretend that they each find their 24 people. Now you have some 2304 looking for 24 people. If they find their 24, then you have 55,296 looking for 24 people. If they have the amazing fortune to find their 24, then 1,327,104 people are left looking for their 24. In three more iterations you have 18 billion people - 3 times the population of the earth. As you can see it doesn't take too many iterations before it reaches saturation. People already involved in pyramid schemes ignore this detail and suggest that there is no such thing as saturation. They ignore not only the math, but also the fact that few people are really looking to become distributors or salespeople for these products. These distributors erroneously claim that it due to lack of effort on the part of the distributors. One of my readers disputed that wonderfully with his article: It's Not a Matter of Effort, it's a Mathematical Certainty.

[/QUOTE]

Responses welcome.:judge:

laidback
06-03-2011, 05:10 PM
And, of course, they NEVER address the matter of slippage, i.e that to get 24 people, how many do you have to approach? 50? 100? And then how many will stick around?
Also, don't forget, what if everybody on earth signed up? Where would the money come from? Absolute Balderdash...!

Soapboxmom
06-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Excellent catch Honestme11!

Our colleagues at Quatloos have an excellent discussion going that will answer a lot of questions:

Quatloos! • View topic - one24 (http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6487)

I would love to know if there any sales to non reps? And, having seen the label I will stick a my Centrum, skim milk and Cheerios. It will save me a bundle and be much better nutrition! This one should be a very short lived pyramid scheme!

Soapboxmom

tkbieber
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I suppose you will trash Amway, Shaklee, TriVita, Herbalife, and so on, all the Network marketing companies are scam, huh? Guess someone is making a boat-load of money because they are all well and thriving and definitely NOT illegal or guess which country would be FIRST to shut them down? That's right, our great US or A.

I'm in One24 and my first check was $55.00. The lady that got me in, her second check was over $1,000. No, you can't get something for nothing, it's a business but it's the cheapest business I have ever been in.

Say I never get 24 people or even 10 people. If I stopped right now, in about 2-5 years I'm looking at a monthly check of $5,000 - $10,000 because of the profit-sharing involved.

I suspect no one actually has seen the hundreds of happy people on Youtube showing off their monthly checks?

To every rich person, their is a jealous poor sole, victimized by their unfortunate circumstance.

Soapboxmom
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
You made some interesting points. Please bear in mind something may be legal or barely passing legal muster and some of us will consider it a scam nonetheless. I personally feel that all MLMs are scams as I know 97% or more of the participants are doomed to lose money because of the design of the compensation plan.

I also know that many making claims are exaggerating or outright lying about their earnings and / or the likely earnings in the opportunity to sucker in more recruits under them. It is not about work, but how many unsuspecting marks one can bring in. MLM is not the best option for those that having financial problems. It is likely to add to the victims woes.

We present facts, information and our opinions here. You read, post and decide for yourself!

Soapboxmom