PDA

View Full Version : People Promoting Scam in Adland and other communities

scratchycat
03-04-2011, 03:57 PM
These are the people in Adland who really bug me with their comes on and get rich quick schemes:

Mose Hardy, Jr. (http://community.adlandpro.com/members/milliondollar.aspx)

From the moment I joined ALP until today, I have received these messages from him, even after I blocked him, reported him and asked him to not send.
Friend Get Your Free $5.00 Just For Signing Up! (Free To Join) | View Thread | AdlandPro Community (http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2443169/FriendGetYourFree500JustForSigningUpFreeToJoin.asp x)

He seems to promote every one of these that are all similar.

Milliondollar1234 (http://website.ws/milliondollar1234)

Cash Buddies Club (http://cashbuddiesclub.ning.com/profile/mosehardy)

Just check out his profile and forums at ALP and you will see why he is allowed to continue. HE IS A PAYING CUSTOMER!

In defense of CEO, this is what keeps the community afloat. He has not given in to Big Money, as have most of the more famous communities.

I am not so much defending ALP, as I am observing that if Adland goes, this scum will just find another place to advertise. Also, Adland DOES have Moderators - however, I realize the admin is reluctant to ban some members.

I believe he also has another account using a female profile - Tammy Hardy (http://community.adlandpro.com/members/432866.aspx)

Of course, we have discussed Francisco DeJesus many times here. He is probably the worst at spamming his ads.

I plan to continue and list people as I see them. May not help with anything but these people are everywhere online trying to swindle folks out of money.

WishfulThinking
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Could you explain which forums that have "given in to Big Money" you are referring to? It is not clear what you are trying to say.

The principal forums that promote the HYIPS etc are nearly all free to join and are financed by google ads or the like. The same goes for the anti scam forums and blogs, such as Real Scam, Patrick Pretty and Scam (no heckling from the happy band of banned members there please. lol). Facebook and MySpace are social communities that are free to join for their members and only charge those who wish to advertise with them, so whilst their owners have become rich, the membership have not been affected.

Please clarify your point, because you seem to be impliyting the the owner of AdlandPro is forced to put up with these scammers against his will because they pay for their membership. :RpS_ohmy:

scratchycat
03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
WT, they way it was explained to me by what that meant was the ones such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and yes you are correct, they are social communities. Bogdan started his community almost 12 years ago from his basement (or from scratch) and it was started as an advertising community to make the money and included a social community. He is proud of his accomplishments and who wouldn't be? I believe this, vulnerable I might be, that he never intended to be faced with all the scam and fraud that has invaded the community but since that is what keeps it going, what else is to be done? I don't know any of the answers.

I know many of you will disagree on this one and you may know something I don't, which is everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is about all mine is.

Unsaved Trash
03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
WT, they way it was explained to me by what that meant was the ones such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and yes you are correct, they are social communities. Bogdan started his community almost 12 years ago from his basement (or from scratch) and it was started as an advertising community to make the money and included a social community. He is proud of his accomplishments and who wouldn't be? I believe this, vulnerable I might be, that he never intended to be faced with all the scam and fraud that has invaded the community but since that is what keeps it going, what else is to be done? I don't know any of the answers.

I know many of you will disagree on this one and you may know something I don't, which is everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is about all mine is.

As with most for profit forums, the owner doesn't care. Simple deduction is that if he did care, he would remove those types of scams. He isn't. He's in it for the money. Par for the course. And to the people that continue to get suckered into this garbage on that type of site deserve exactly what they get.

WishfulThinking
03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
You said it UT. If owners care what is on their forums or who is on their forums, they do something about it. Some forum owners enforce their Terms of Service which generally prohibit illegal stuff. Some don't. AdlandPro is a good example of one that doesn't, and goes the opposite way and encourages the membership it has. No one has ever been kicked out by the owner of that forum for promoting scams.

Facebook is not a very good comparison as it was also built up by one young man and his computer who chose to give value to his membership for free. He now makes his money out of the advertising revenue that the hard work attracted. It is difficult to see how this can be described as a sell out or giving in to Big Money. It is rather more as story of a success of a little man whose efforts have turned his business into big money and without breaking the law.

path2prosperity
03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I believe this, vulnerable I might be, that he never intended to be faced with all the scam and fraud that has invaded the community but since that is what keeps it going, what else is to be done? I don't know any of the answers.

Bogdan could have tried to sell what is left of his community to a person or organisation that has enough experience or knowledge to clean up cyberspace cesspools. He didn't so he may have to pay to have it cleaned and decently burried.

On line scammer's Armageddon had been raging for several years. The first task of those who survive Armageddon is to bury the dead.

The remains of that community could be valuable archives for Internet historians and professional researchers.

Note for science fiction addicts only.

Issac Asimov fans may find an interesting parallel in "The Second Foundation" which is the third in his famous Foundation novels. The Lord of Kalgan was forced to open up The Mules Palace for Homir Munn to start searching the archives. Thanks for reminding me of a light read when I go to bed tonight HM. I am finding Umberto Eco's "The Island of The Day Before" a bit heavy going after a bad flu bug.

scratchycat
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone! P2P, I am struggling with a Catholic Bishop mystery because I do not know anything about the religion. Maybe I will get into it but I am not so sure.:)

If you buy into the Mountain folks it makes no difference anyway, the aliens are already here and we shall all vanish away or something...

Lil Ol' Radical Me
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, HonestMe11, I am afraid my view of Adland and its owner is a little more juandiced than yours.
I was a paying member many moons back, when there were many high quality paying members and I have watched the place degenerate into a scammers and spammers paradise while its owner stood to one side and allowed the degeneration to continue.

When Adland forums first started there many interesting and articulate people who made great contributions including website and business advertising advice. There were a large number of paying members because of its content. There is no doubt that the scammers were also members but in those days some criticism of programs did get through and the leading members and public face of the forum was more sophisticated and cleaner than it is today.

Due to a series of what can only be described as poor management decisions, the more conservative long term membership wish for serious and social discussion, and adherence to the ToS of AdlandPro was ignored. Cheerleading, online squabbles and spam advertising were given priority (they created short term increases in site traffic LOL). Many highly qualified professional members, including those at the more reputable end of internet marketing, either left or stopped their subscriptions and/or posting contributions.

Instead of trying to stem this exodus of quality members and their threads and encourage those who remained and were trying to bring it back on track, the owner took an opposite stance and
allowed the image of Adland to degenerate even more. The scammers of course stayed - in the background, where they had always been - and the spammers took over. This happened at a time when other newer forums were beginning. Adland no longer had a monopoly and had to stand or fall on its merits. After several years of enjoying a very high Alexa rating, it could be said that overconfidence in his own abilities stopped Adland's owner from making a decision to make his community into something that gave value to its members in favor of a fast buck. However, it was always a choice and it was a choice he made.

HonestMe11, I joined Adland to promote my offline business, and although it was not a success I stayed because the advice I received from fellow members was invaluable and there was much discussion of interest. Ironically when I was stupid enough fall for and promote a scam (which I was introduced to in AdlandPro) it was great recruiting ground. I stopped participating when therewas nothing left to read apart from squabbles, scams and spam and I no longer wished to have my name and that of my business associated with it. Let's face it , I couldnt even go back and post the truth about AdSurfDaily on any thread that had a significant readership - it would be deleted with 3 cheers from the owner.

path2prosperity
03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone! P2P, I am struggling with a Catholic Bishop mystery because I do not know anything about the religion. Maybe I will get into it but I am not so sure.:)

If you buy into the Mountain folks it makes no difference anyway, the aliens are already here and we shall all vanish away or something...

Enjoy your relaxation and mysteries Sara. I will enjoy reading about the Mules Palace in my sci fi thriller.

There may be some things of value that can be salvaged from Adland before the sanitisation squad move in with their flame throwers and I hope that your art gallery is one.