PDA

View Full Version : Real Entrepreneurs Avoid Multi-Level Marketing

Doc Bunkum
03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Martin Zwilling writes:

Real Entrepreneurs Avoid Multi-Level Marketing (http://www.businessinsider.com/real-entrepreneurs-avoid-multi-level-marketing-2011-1)

Many self-proclaimed entrepreneurs send me invitations and accolades to join their favorite Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) or Network Marketing company, but these all sound like “get rich quick” schemes to me.

For me, the essence of an entrepreneur is creating something new and innovative, whereas an MLM is a traditional formula on an existing product with a high premium on pyramiding...

Lenny Clements responds:

Martin,

While I respect your efforts to warn would-be entrepreneurs about illegal schemes, your observations regarding multilevel marketing (MLM) are ignorant and unjustified. Please understand that I am not using the term "ignorant" derogatorily, but rather to describe your commentary as being ignore-ant of readily available historical, mathematical, and legal information about this industry and profession.

First of all, as a successful distributor, consultant, advocate, and court certified expert in the field of multilevel marketing, I am offended by your reference to my profession as a pyramid scheme only by a "matter of degree"...

Let's see...

Laugh-A-Minute Lenny just calls the guy's observations regarding multilevel marketing (MLM) ignorant and unjustified - but he wants him to understand that he's not necessarily using the term "ignorant" derogatorily.

Right.

Gotcha! :RpS_laugh:

Seriously?
03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Now, now. Lenny is just so much smarter than the rest of us that we should be thanking him for recognizing our ignorance.

Unsaved Trash
03-03-2011, 06:20 PM
At least it's nice to see that Lenny has been able to lift that rock and slither out from under it. After the scam.com incident and then being butchered on every forum on the web, he's resurfaced. And he's still the charmer that made him what he is today. In his own words, "Jesus Christ, what a bunch of pricks!" That just needs to be modified to the singular.