PDA

View Full Version : Pets?

Eddie Haskell
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Post your pets. I dont have any pic right now. I have Casey (black lab 12 years old) and Tiger about 9 years old and Bandit about 2 yearsl old. I love them all.

I will try to get some pics. I love animals and pets. As much of an ass hole as I am I love animals and have a soft spot and try try to help others. Im kinda a weak kneed person when it comes to this. I love dogs and cats. Its my weakness I guess. :Fiddler:

I hate scams but I get a bit weak on this subject. "Forgive me. I love cats and dogs. :RpS_blushing: Would you all be so kind to post your animals? I will try to get my pics uploaded so yo can see them.

A Life Aloft
03-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Sorry I missed your thread here Eddie. We are big animal lovers. I have had dogs all my life and now with my current wife, cats. We have two dogs and one cat. Max, Teddy and Snickers.

Life without a furry or two in it, isn't the same life. They bring you honesty, loyalty, fun, and unconditional love 24/7. They are more faithful than many people. I have always thought that someome who had never really bonded with an animal, doesn't understand them and had a real relationship with them, has issues.

laidback
03-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I currently have two cats. Pyewacket, a bi-polar Siamese, (all Siamese are bi-polar, lol) and Freeway, our bionic kitty. (We found her on a street as a kitten, all busted up from being hit by a car and had her fixed up. Has titanium pins in both hips, and extensive nerve damage to the right front leg, but now gets around fine.)

littleroundman
03-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I've just lost 2 of my 3 cats. My 15yo Russian Blue boy to cancer and my 13yo brown Burmese boy to diabetes.

I now have a 12 yo brown Burmese girl, a rabbit, a canary and a brand new cockatiel which is sitting on top of the monitor as I type.

laidback
03-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I've just lost 2 of my 3 cats. My 15yo Russian Blue boy to cancer and my 13yo brown Burmese boy to diabetes.

I now have a 12 yo brown Burmese girl, a rabbit, a canary and a brand new cockatiel which is sitting on top of the monitor as I type.

LOL, I had a cockatiel that drove me nuts. It would sit on my shoulder and undo the screw on the earpiece of my glasses or the clasp on my neckchain.

baylee
03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I have a very small mixed breed terrier that we rescued from the pound named baylee.

Seriously?
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Anyone know the Dog Whisperer? We have a paranoid black lab mix we rescued, and a cat we inherited from my mom (who is about opposite, personality-wise, the dog).

A Life Aloft
03-06-2011, 12:53 PM

I now have a 12 yo brown Burmese girl, a rabbit, a canary and a brand new cockatiel which is sitting on top of the monitor as I type.I am so very sorry to hear of this LRM. Our animal companions are truly a part of our family and the loss of one is just terrible. They are indeed, our best friends. My wife lost her cat last fall (the first Snickers - we adopted from a no kill shelter Snickers II a few months later) to kidney disease which we fought for a year and a half. It was so horrible. She had that cat for 17 1/2 years, much longer than she has been with me. The grief she went through, just broke my heart. We still think of her and tear up.

Everyone in my family has cats and dogs and birds, fish and my grandkids (from my daughter) have a dog, cat and a little drawf bunny (who is in love with the cat lol) They sleep together at night in the cat's bed. My son has a new dog and his finace moved in with him with her two cats. My brother has a cat and three dogs. My other son has two cats and grey cheek parakeet.

My sister who lives in our guest house has two love birds, a cat and a dog. It's a zoo over here!!! Our cat Snickers (a tortoiseshell) and Teddy our wire haired wierner dog are about the same age and size. We found Teddy abandoned at the Palm Springs Airport of all places. Once my wife saw him, that was it. An hour later, Teddy was in my plane and on his way back here, even though I kept saying, we don't need another dog, honey. Once she picked him up and starting talking to him in Italian and kissing him, I knew it was hopeless. lol He and the cat are inseparable. They think they are brother and sister and do everything together. The cat has learned to fetch from watching Teddy. They sleep together in their little bed and blankie every single night. Right now, they are side by side on a blankie infront of the slider to the deck lying in the sunlight, all snuggled up together just watching the day go by. They are both extremely affectionate and cuddly. All they want is love and we give them plenty of it. Max, is "my" dog and is a Golden Retriever. He's the Dad to all the other pets around here. He tries to keep Teddy and Harry (my sisters dog) outta trouble and looks out for them all. He checks on them frequently and if I say go find one of them, he does and herds them over. He looks after them at the beach, on walks and at the park. He goes back to my sister's every day a few times to check on her and Harry and the cat. Every night before bed, he makes the rounds of every room in the house. Animals are such a trip. I never get tired of observing them and their behavior, talking to them, playing with them and just holding and petting them.

A Life Aloft
03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Anyone know the Dog Whisperer? We have a paranoid black lab mix we rescued, and a cat we inherited from my mom (who is about opposite, personality-wise, the dog).It's sometimes rough when you adopt a dog, because you never know their background, who the owner was or what was done to them physically or emotionally by that person. It can take a while for them to become the animal they were mean't to be or used to be. It's lots of love, affection, patience and attention often to get them to trust again and get over their traumas. I had a black lab many years ago that I adopted who had a terrible fear of abandonment, because he had been left so often for days chained up and alone by his former owner. He was very neglected. It took a year to help him. I had two dog behavioral people helping me. I almost was on the verge of giving up. He got so anxious and terrified when he was left alone for any reason or any amount of time (I mean even going to the mail box) and became very destructive trying to escape to find us and he howled and cried. But we persisted and eventually, very slowly he came around and realized that when we left, we always came back and he would never be chained or abandoned again.

scratchycat
03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
We have 2 female cats and a female mixed lab. I had a black lab but she got killed, so sad that one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcuK4VQHH7I

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/aprilsbutterfly01/Adland%20Art%20Gallery/Sara/MollyMay2010.jpg

path2prosperity
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
My computer systems engineers were not going to some repairs to my system under guarantee, as they were convinced that somebody in my home had been messing with my printer and the leads. It was lucky that I had bookmarked this video so that I could point the finger of suspicion at the real culprit.

Cat gives technical support over a printer problem (http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?viral_id=19200&page=1)

Seriously?
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
It's sometimes rough when you adopt a dog, because you never know their background, who the owner was or what was done to them physically or emotionally by that person. It can take a while for them to become the animal they were mean't to be or used to be. It's lots of love, affection, patience and attention often to get them to trust again and get over their traumas. I had a black lab many years ago that I adopted who had a terrible fear of abandonment, because he had been left so often for days chained up and alone by his former owner. He was very neglected. It took a year to help him. I had two dog behavioral people helping me. I almost was on the verge of giving up. He got so anxious and terrified when he was left alone for any reason or any amount of time (I mean even going to the mail box) and became very destructive trying to escape to find us and he howled and cried. But we persisted and eventually, very slowly he came around and realized that when we left, we always came back and he would never be chained or abandoned again.We thought the same. We got him when he was about a year old - we were either the 3rd or 4th home. We've now had him for going on 6 years now and while his behavior is not what it was in the beginning, I don't think he is ever going to get over whatever happened before we got him. He's just terrified all the time. Won't let anyone near him except the immediate family members (and even those he'll bark at if they've been gone a couple days). He won't go into a room unless he can see another way out of it (or it's large enough that he can run). I mean, he won't even eat without constantly looking around and jumping at every little thing. It's just so sad because he's a real sweetie one on one...