PDA

View Full Version : 10 States With the Deadliest Eating Habits

Doc Bunkum
02-12-2011, 11:35 AM
People in one state average 82 gallons of soda and 113 pounds of sweet snacks annually.

WTF??? :RpS_cursing:

Unbelievable - any wonder Americans are fat and getting fatter by the year?

To be fair, as the article notes - "The obesity problem, however, is international. The report in Lancet states that "In 2008, 9.8 percent of the world's male population were obese, as were 13.8 percent of women."

10 States With the Deadliest Eating Habits (http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112083/10-states-with-the-deadliest-eating-habits)

littleroundman
02-12-2011, 11:40 AM
To be fair, as the article notes - "The obesity problem, however, is international. The report in Lancet states that "In 2008, 9.8 percent of the world's male population were obese, as were 13.8 percent of women."

It most certainly is very similar here:

For the first time since 1995 the 2007-08 National Health Survey (NHS) has measured the height, weight, hip and waist circumference of respondents aged 5 years or more.

Results from this survey reveal that in 2007-08, 61.4% of the Australian population are either overweight or obese1.
42.1% of adult males and 30.9% of adult females were classified as overweight (Body Mass Index between 25.0 and 30.0 kg/m2).
25.6% of males and 24% of females were classified as obese (Body Mass Index > 30.0 kg/m2). Healthy Active - Overweight and Obesity in Australia (http://www.health.gov.au/internet/healthyactive/publishing.nsf/Content/overweight-obesity)

Doc Bunkum
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't suppose you get that show Man vs Food show where you live, do you LRM?

This Adam Richman character tours the county to find the best pig out joints, then takes on their best eating challenge to get his picture on their Wall of Fame.

I have a feeling this dude is going to die an early death.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f5MWZq1BJXI/TJe4ehvixhI/AAAAAAAAAMI/05UDBRSGIgM/s1600/manvfood.jpg

littleroundman
02-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Nope,

never seen or heard of it

It might be on payTV, but I'm not really into TV, so I don't subscribe.

A Life Aloft
02-12-2011, 07:43 PM
You haven't missed anything, LRM. I would love to know what his cholesterol levels are. lol I can't watch his show. All he does is travel around the country finding places that serve the largest amount of some kinda junk food, (it's always junk food) like a 10 pound cheeseburgers or a 15 pound burrito or 12 pound chili omelettes or something and then he eats them. I am not sure why anyone find this entertaining or even interesting, unless they are just waiting for him to have the big one during a shoot or something. I much prefer watching Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern.

littleroundman
02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
You haven't missed anything, LRM. I would love to know what his cholesterol levels are. lol I can't watch his show. All he does is travel around the country finding places that serve the largest amount of some kinda junk food, (it's always junk food) like a 10 pound cheeseburgers or a 15 pound burrito or 12 pound chili omelettes or something and then he eats them. I am not sure why anyone find this entertaining or even interesting, unless they are just waiting for him to have the big one during a shoot or something. I much prefer watching Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern.

As a left field observation,

it's not hard to see how such a hatred of all things "Western" has developed in many countries.

TV is now available in some of the most unexpected places.

I can't imagine how such displays of excess are received by people in subsistence level third world or severely deprived nations.

okosh
02-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Nope,

never seen or heard of it

It might be on payTV, but I'm not really into TV, so I don't subscribe.

It's not....I just did a search on Austar program guide and it's not there...