PDA

View Full Version : Car Jacking

Doc Bunkum
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
FYI...

THIS PERTAINS TO EVERYONE--MEN INCLUDED.

Warning..!!!! Warning....!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public

parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the

rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home,

it was a receipt for gas. Luckily my friend told me not to

stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the

car . Then we received this email yesterday:

WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--
NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. . You walk

across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You

start the engine and shift into Reverse..

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your
parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle

of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your

doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or

whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach

the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out

of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically

mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your

money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are

now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just

drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you

read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and

family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of

personal information and identification documents, and you

certainly do NOT want it to fall into the wrong hands.

Unsaved Trash
02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for posting that, Doc. This scheme isn't popular here yet so I'll give it a shot before everyone catches on. I'd like a Jag or BMW. I'm off to the mall to test this out now.

Doc Bunkum
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Let me know how that works out for you, bud.

I remember staying in this hotel in Dallas last year.

There was a mall across the street so I asked the concierge how safe it was as I had read stories about it on Trip Advisor.

He said the cops had cleaned it up somewhat, but there was a problem there around Christmas.

Seems the thieves had a novel gig. They would hide under somebody's car and when the owner went to get in, they'd take a knife and slice the victim's Achilles tendon.

Thought that was pretty original as you're certainly not expecting a low line attack.

So if that sticker on the back window ploy doesn't work out, you might want to try Plan B above.

laidback
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting that, Doc. This scheme isn't popular here yet so I'll give it a shot before everyone catches on. I'd like a Jag or BMW. I'm off to the mall to test this out now.

You need to do this quickly so it can be reported to snopes. They are categorizing it as false right now...!:RpS_laugh:

Doc Bunkum
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Screw SNOPES!

Snopes.com is a Scam (http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/media/internet/news.php?q=1227232155)

Seems for the past while snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages (http://www.snopes.com) has positioned itself, or others have labeled it, as the 'tell all final word' on any comment, claim and email. But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com. Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it - kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team - that's right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the Website about 13 years ago - and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions - or skepticims - is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issue when in fact they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the 'true' bottom of various issues....

So let's see Snopes comment on that! :RpS_cursing:

laidback
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Screw SNOPES!

Snopes.com is a Scam (http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/media/internet/news.php?q=1227232155)

Seems for the past while snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages (http://www.snopes.com) has positioned itself, or others have labeled it, as the 'tell all final word' on any comment, claim and email. But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com. Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it - kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team - that's right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the Website about 13 years ago - and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions - or skepticims - is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issue when in fact they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the 'true' bottom of various issues....

So let's see Snopes comment on that! :RpS_cursing:

They don't have time right now, they are too busy putting flyers on auto windows to upgrade their fleet...!