PDA

View Full Version : Is there enough left of YTB/Zscamzoo to kick around?

Mike!
06-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Sure, it's looking pretty ragged around the edges, and the chrome has a layer of rust, but they ain't dead just yet... Maybe we could start a pool on when it will completely collapse in on itself?

Seriously?
06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Awwww. One of my favorites... Am I being overly pessimistic to think that YTB will be dead by Christmas? That would be such a nice present...

Emet
06-23-2010, 07:36 PM
YTB sued as pyramid (http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/15/28082.htm)

June 15, 2010

The class claims YTB generates about 75 percent of its revenue by using independent marketing representatives to recruit referring travel agents to buy online travel agencies from the defendants.

(Thanks to Judge Roy Bean from Quatloos!)

GlimDropper
06-23-2010, 07:45 PM
75% of it's revenue comes from the fees people pay to join? If true I wish the best of luck in court to the plaintiff class.

Unsaved Trash
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Kind of a bummer since they used to be so fun to kick around and now they're pretty much dead. Of course the main YTB thread was deleted at scam.com with no reason given. Just one more MLM that will fail. Who's next? I'm going with TraVerus followed by WorldVultures (in the travel MLM field). But for every one that fails, a new one will emerge. More on that later.

BruceShuell
06-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I. for one, will always be happy to kick YTBs ass. I swear if TW puts them on the 'power list' again I'll know for sure Coach scratched up some payola from the Scamzoo coffers.

Mike!
06-27-2010, 05:29 PM
YTB gets some local ink...

YTB target of another class action | ytb, suit, claims - Local News - The Telegraph (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ytb-41898-suit-claims.html)

And they say there's no such thing as bad press.

:p

Unsaved Trash
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Unbelievable!

I just opened my new issue of Travel Weekly and they list YTB as #29 on the PowerList 2010.

2009 Sales: $252.1 million
Employees: 210
Previous Ranking: 25

This is impossible.

Mike!
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Unbelievable!

I just opened my new issue of Travel Weekly and they list YTB as #29 on the PowerList 2010.

This is impossible.

210 employees? They must be counting the rats in the dumpster as employees now. 40 cars don't generaly bring over 200 people to work, unless they work in a circus maybe.
:p

Emet
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
DSN report 2009 (for what it's worth):

YTB International
Sales: $67.3 million
Wholesale Corporate Revenue: $67.3 million
Marketing Style: Person-to-person and party plan
Compensation Plan: Multi-level
Products: Sales of travel, travel products and travel websites
Markets: 6
Distributors: 41,175
Employees: 150

Then there's this:
YTB Expects to Report $9.9 Million Loss for 2009 (http:///www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=69665)

Unsaved Trash
06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Let's compare here. Both are travel MLMs on the PowerList.

YTB

Rank 29
ARC sales: $11.2 million
Hosts 41,174 travel sellers
90% of sales from leisure, 10% business

Global Travel International (GTI)

Rank 52
2009 Sales: $102. million
Employees: 70
Previous Ranking: 53
ARC sales: $18 million
Hosts 20,000 travel sellers
70% of sales from leisure, 20% from business, 10% unmanaged (corporate travel, sales meetings, incentive trips)

Notice the huge differences? The ARC sales which go hand in hand with online booking engines which both utilize nearly exclusively. And GTI has less than half of the "travel sellers." I'm not buying the YTB results. It's impossible.

jwf21403
06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
That number was reported on the year end report. And you also need to remember this was the snapshot six months ago. But I agree, the numbers are cloudy. Even in the SEC report they say that the sales "reported by the travel vendors" is $252M. What travel company does not know to the dollar how much travel was sold in their company?

But to further amplify the fudging, they reported travel commissions received of 12,201,000.

ARC Sales $11.2 million that is about 22K tickets issued (nat;l avg $500). They make nothing on the sale other than the $5 fee they used to assess. So that is $112K of commission.

That leaves them with 12,089,000 in commission on leisure sales of $240,800,000. This is a solid 5% commission. Leisure commissions for the weakest agencies are at 10%. YTB does about 70% of their business wiht Carnival and in 2009 they were at 16%.

So 70% of $252,000,000 is is $176,400,000. NCFs are about 10% with Carnival, so subtract 17,640,000 for a commissionable total of $158,760,000. AT 16%, if their numbers are accurate they should have realized $25,401,600 in commission from Carnival ALONE!

BruceShuell
06-29-2010, 07:06 AM
I wonder why the DSN numbers and those reported to TW are so vastly different? I agree...the numbers just don't add up. TW must not have a calculator in their office.

john70816
07-02-2010, 08:35 AM
If we can't kick around ytb, can we at least kick around Rod and doofus?

jwf21403
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, it is July 2 and I am sure that VanPatten is busy figuring out how to present the financials. Will ZamZuu be the savior? I doubt it. But I do believe this will be a good opportunity to cloud the numbers even more by combining YTB and ZAM ZUU recruiting numbers to show that the bleed has stopped.

A Life Aloft
07-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey John, welcome to the light at the end of the dark tunnel. lol How are you? Please return anytime and add to this forum. Feel free to contribute anywhere or start a thread or whatever. Hope this post finds you well.

Malique2
07-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey, so this is where you all have been hiding at. Guess what I'm back!

A Life Aloft
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey Malique!!! Where the heck have you been, buddy! PIOTB here!!! lol Really glad to see you! Don't be a stranger, visit often and feel free to participate anytime. Hope you and your family are well.

Mike!
07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
By the way, for any reading who don't know about John's blog, it's a great source for all things YTB over the past few years to the present!
MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/)

jwf21403
07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey, thanks for the plug--and be sure to click an ad on your way out--baby needs new shoes! LOL

I guess the next thing will be the release of the 2Q numbers August 15th at the latest. But they also have that note due at the end of August and the convention in there.

Mike!
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
If we can't kick around ytb, can we at least kick around Rod and doofus?

I would love to have Rod pay us a visit, he was always a barrel of laughs at SCAM and on John's blog! I arrived to late to get to spar with the great Doofus/Deadbeat T.R.U.T.B. Doug, so it'd be great fun if he'd stop by too... I'm guessing they won't though.

:RpS_rolleyes:

Unsaved Trash
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey, so this is where you all have been hiding at. Guess what I'm back!

Hey, welcome. Bet you're busy preparing for the YTB convention this year. Or is it the ScamZuu convention? Sorry, Malique, no FunShine this year. I really was looking forward to some more pics.

Lightbulb
07-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I googled 'Zamzuu' as I was curious as to what it was. It is a shopping portal, right? You are suppose to go through that site to get to another site to make purchases and hopefully get a discount or rebate, is that correct?

I clicked on one of the stores listed there and an annoying form popped up asking for my email address if I wanted to 'Earn Cash Back' or I could click on 'No, Thanks' and enter the website without giving my email address or so it looks. When I tried to click on 'No, Thanks' the same window popped up again. Maybe my computer was was blocking something or maybe you aren't suppose to go to a store website without giving up an email address.

On the home page there is a link to 'Nutraceutics: High Quality, Safe & Efficacious Supplements' but I can't get there without putting in the business owner who referred me.

The visit wasn't a complete waste, however, I learned a new word today, efficacious and it is a doozy. According to Wikipedia it means "having the power to produce a desired effect". Umm, doesn't that sound like a fancy version of the word 'placebo'?

jwf21403
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
The reason for the email is that you will then be contacted about the opportunity to own your own mall and eaarn commissions off the people who shop online. It is not a new idea and I know I heard a pitch for the same deal from Market America back in 2002 or 2003. The only difference is YTB/ZamZuu has a few exclusive products--several of which (the water and the girdles at least) are in fact companies that are owned by some of the "online mall operators" themselves.

Seriously?
07-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Funny how you can hardly find any mention of YTB on Candi May's blog - one of YTB's stars, a "real travel agent". YTB doesn't even make her bio anymore, and her rented website is way down in the fine print somewhere...

Malique2
07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey, welcome. Bet you're busy preparing for the YTB convention this year. Or is it the ScamZuu convention? Sorry, Malique, no FunShine this year. I really was looking forward to some more pics.

Nope hate to say it, won't be hitting Orlando until January of this year. So no Funshine or Convention or whatever they are calling it again. I went once, that was enough. It was about all I could do to take the pictures. What a waste of my vacation time, even though I didn't stay very long. There really wasn't much going on or to look at. Just some old hag explaining to three people on how it was such a "great" opportunity. LOL

Malique2
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like scam.com is back up so lets keep both threads up and going, keep people informed!!

jwf21403
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Scam has some issues now and I woudl stay away. I think there is some malicious code somewhere. But it was appearing in the URL bar as scams - report the scam here (http://www.scam.com) a day or two ago, but now it is the http://208.45.353 IP address.

Seems whoever owns it does not care. And that is surprising because I imagine it is a nice little moneymaker on the google ads

Mike!
07-21-2010, 05:20 PM
New activities in the YTB hierarchy... Are they passing out golden parachutes as the plane goes into an even harder dive?
Details at John's blog...

MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix: Sorensen, Tomer Terminate Employment Agreements, Coach And The Two Get Sweetheart Deals (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/07/sorensen-tomer-terminate-employment.html)

jwf21403
07-21-2010, 06:09 PM
It seems they may have a grasp on the 2Q numbers and there is severe question in their minds if it can make it. This way, they terminate the employment agreements (after all no company, no paychecks for employees) but replace them with a severance package guaranteeing two year's salary PLUS a bonus based on your last bonus. I suspect that soon enough you will see Scotty and Kim become "independent" and exercise their severance payments. My prediction is that it happens prior to August 31 when the note is due (unless they get another extension).

Remember YTB had $1M in cash in March, so at $300K each for Scott, Kim and Coach, that woudl cover their severance for a year. Likely they have brought in additional money to supplement that--at least I hope so. Now the real question is how much have they had to spend to get that whole Zam Zuu deal going.

jwf21403
07-21-2010, 06:10 PM
And this was an amusing little piece:
Memory Lane | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/07/20/memory-lane/)

Unsaved Trash
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
And this was an amusing little piece:
Memory Lane | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/07/20/memory-lane/)

And
I’ve seen and heard about the fears about brain washing. I’ll freely admit that I’ve been brain washed and take the term literally.

Gee, ya think?

jwf21403
07-22-2010, 05:53 AM
He might have confused the words "literally" and liberally". :) He is entertaining in s Wayans-esque way!

Malique2
07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I love watching Crotch and Company stealing all kinds of money from the RATS...they deserve it! Crotch was going to make 10,000 millionaires! Hows that going?!?! LOL

Unsaved Trash
07-23-2010, 12:19 AM
I love watching Crotch and Company stealing all kinds of money from the RATS...they deserve it! Crotch was going to make 10,000 millionaires! Hows that going?!?! LOL

You're right. The ones that are still in it do deserve it. They deserve to continue to lose their money just for their sheer stupidity. I've never enjoyed watching an animal suffer and think they should be put down when the time comes. In the case of YTB, I am enjoying watching it suffer and plod along. But someone does need to put it down.

DoucheBag Doug talks about the convention next month. That should be a real exciting event. What can they say? Who can they present that can claim riches? Uh, I think Mike! should go since he lives so close by. He can give us a report and take some pictures of the "fine folks at YTB." Hey Mike!, I'll even pay your admission fee, parking, and for your film and the processing. Up for it?

Emet
07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
You're right. The ones that are still in it do deserve it. They deserve to continue to lose their money just for their sheer stupidity.<snip>

Not necessarily. Please remember that victims of MLMs are deceived, brainwashed, and often desperately in debt and misled into believing that the turnaround is just around the corner. They do not see that they are standing at the edge of a cliff.

IMO, they deserve empathy and compassion, and will continue to receive it, at least from me.

Respectfully submitted,
Emet
(the mild and meek)

BruceShuell
07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
RCCL posted a 60 million quarterly profit. How they managed that without YTB I just don't know.

Unsaved Trash
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Not necessarily. Please remember that victims of MLMs are deceived, brainwashed, and often desperately in debt and misled into believing that the turnaround is just around the corner. They do not see that they are standing at the edge of a cliff.

IMO, they deserve empathy and compassion, and will continue to receive it, at least from me.

Respectfully submitted,
Emet
(the mild and meek)

Sorry there Emet, but these people have been warned and warned over and over again. They can't understand that after being in YTB for years and watching it decline, losing vendors (which is very unusual in the industry), they continue to send in their $50 per month and receive nothing. They lose that $50 each month. They were promised the world, free or reduced price travel, being made millionaires, etc. Nothing has panned out in all these years. So yes, they are suckers and morons for not seeing the light. You have to remember that most did leave, most recognized it's a scam. Those that haven't after years of paying are fools. You may call them brainwashed, I call them stupid and deserving of being ripped off. Sorry.

jwf21403
07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Someone posted to Coach' s page that they wanted Ron Head to sing at the convention. Let's see who will not be there this year. Jensen, Hoffmann, Head.... I heard the new Dean of Zam Zuu say that the call their circle of champions (that used to be twenty) the Super Six

Mike!
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
DoucheBag Doug talks about the convention next month. That should be a real exciting event. What can they say? Who can they present that can claim riches? Uh, I think Mike! should go since he lives so close by. He can give us a report and take some pictures of the "fine folks at YTB." Hey Mike!, I'll even pay your admission fee, parking, and for your film and the processing. Up for it?
While I personaly can't dare do that :RpS_scared:, I will do my best to send someone down there for sure! :RpS_thumbsup:
I'll need details, best times and dates if possible.:RpS_thumbup:

Unsaved Trash
07-23-2010, 10:07 PM
While I personaly can't dare do that :RpS_scared:, I will do my best to send someone down there for sure! :RpS_thumbsup:
I'll need details, best times and dates if possible.:RpS_thumbup:

Holy Livin' Bejeesus, I have to renege on my offer. When I went to find the info for you, I discovered something a little disturbing.

ZamZuu Convention 2010
Thursday, August 19 - Sunday, August 22, 2010
America's Center -- St. Louis, MO
Register from your Back Office for $200.00.

$200? Are they serious? For what? Maybe it's for the opportunity to shop at the YTB Store that they have on site. Hum....maybe you can get some guy to dress up like Tina Turner and sneak in as one of the performers. That was the big draw last year if I remember correctly. I wouldn't pay $200 to see Rod, "Coach" and DoucheBag Doug in a ménage à trois on stage.

A Life Aloft
07-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Considering that last year, many of the attendees were so broke that they had to carpool and take buses, they must be hitchhiking this year and sharing a cot at the local homeless shelter. I wonder if Rod is going? You think he's sold more than 4 crystal picture frames yet? lmao

jwf21403
07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I have seen many posts on the various facebook pages asking about buses from ATL and PHL. But I have to wonder, judging from facebook on 7/15/10
5165--Coach Fans
3296--Kim Fans
4408--ZamZuu Fans
3272--ZamZuu Dealz Fans

How many will be there. They are putting a ton of effort to social networking (and doing a great job I have to say) and you almost have to assume that there is tremendous overlap in the fans of Coach, Kim, and ZamZuu (the Dealz is supposed to be for the public to check out and see the latest deals).

I bet they are working on a pool of 5000 people. And I am not sure what percentage is considered a good turnout for a MLM convention. When you consider that the cost for the attendance (not the airfare, bus fare, hotel, expenses--there is no food or social events planned that are included) outweighs the annual income for the vast majority....

Maybe 20%? Bet they have between 1000 and 1500. Of course they can bring in home office staff but that will only add 100 or so I believe.

jwf21403
07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
OK this forum is too wonky. Sign in it signs you out. Then look at a post and you are signed in. Does not remember your password nor does it keep you signed in like you want.

Someone send me an email jwf21403@gmail.com if it gets solid!

Soapboxmom
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I will pass this on to the owner. GoDaddy was going to or has migrated us to a new server because of hardware issues. That may be the reason things have been acting up. Thank you for letting us know!

Soapboxmom

Unsaved Trash
07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Coach's Facebook page is pretty amusing again today. He's going on about how great the convention is going to be. Then we have a great little comment that hasn't yet been deleted.

Colleen Klein Hi Coach, Sure wish you had some activity out here in Oregon. The Portland area, we sure could use the help and motivation. We were at convention a couple of years ago. Actually haven't heard much from anyone back there since then. I think YTB/ZamZuu is missing a LOT. ACN seems to be taking over. They have meetings and there teams here continually. Thanks for listening.
2 hours ago ·

Ah yes, another soon to be defecting YTBer that doesn't know the difference between there and their.

Coach Tomer Good morning YTB-ers! I&#039;m working on things for Convention right now, and it&#039;s going to be the most exciting convention yet! And, I&#039;m getting ready to record a video for all of my facebook friends. Look for it this afternoo (http://www.facebook.com/CoachTomer?v=feed&story_fbid=122723510762&ref=mf#!/CoachTomer?v=wall&ref=mf)

A Life Aloft
07-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Did you happen to watch the video of Crotch about half way down the page from July the 8th, called Don't Give Up? He is literally begging people to stay the course. Man, that's pathetic. Also, what is with the beard??? His nose seems much larger at the tip and much redder now and his eyes have bags big enough to pack for a week in Paris. Does he not look and sound a lot like Foster Brooks these days or what? All that is missing is some burping and hiccupping. lol

Unsaved Trash
07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Did you happen to watch the video of Crotch about half way down the page from July the 8th, called Don't Give Up? He is literally begging people to stay the course. Man, that's pathetic. Also, what is with the beard??? His nose seems much larger at the tip and much redder now and his eyes have bags big enough to pack for a week in Paris. Does he not look and sound a lot like Foster Brooks these days or what? All that is missing is some burping and hiccupping. lol

That is pathetic. Really pathetic. And he talks about dreams? My dream is to watch that scamming weasel broke and behind bars.

jwf21403
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
A lot of volume traded the last two days of the month. Pretty heavy today as well. Well as heavy as it can get at 4 cents, but it is always suspicious. Wonder if the quarterly report is coming out early. Or if there is a sell off before convention.

A Life Aloft
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
How many people do you think will actually be at the convention? Any educated guesses? I can't imagine who would just keep throwing good money after bad. I am guessing they will also be in a much smaller room/hall or whatever instead of a main facility.

Wonder if the Rodster is going? He would have had to have sold a helluva lot of those crystal picture frames. lol

A Life Aloft
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh cripes, I see that Douggie has been ZamZuuasized:

How Does ZamZuu Stack Up? | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/07/15/how-does-zamzuu-stack-up/)

BTW, when did Steve Branch & TV Wilson quit? I haven't been keeping up. Where did they go and did they take any of the YTB sheeples with them?

A Life Aloft
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Monday, August 2, 2010, 2:34pm CDT
YTB convention to attract 5,000 to St. Louis
St. Louis Business Journal - by Kelsey Volkmann

"YTB International expects about 5,000 travel agents, representatives and guests to attend its annual national convention in St. Louis later this month, fewer people than in years past.

The convention is scheduled for Aug. 17-21 at America’s Center and the Renaissance Grand Hotel, according to a list of August conventions released by the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission.

An estimated 8,000 people attend YTB’s annual convention last year.

The Wood River, Ill.-based marketer of travel agent Web sites, which is led by CEO and President Robert Van Patten, has restructured its management team, and trimmed overhead and corporate expenses in response to losses.

YTB lost $423,000 for its first quarter ended March 31, compared with a loss of $1.9 million a year earlier. Total revenue for the quarter ended March 31 was $9.3 million, less than half of $21.4 million in revenue in the prior-year period.

Former Chairman J. Scott Tomer became the company’s chairman last fall after his father, founder J. Lloyd “Coach” Tomer, resigned.

YTB has suffered from cutbacks in travel and commissions during the recession. It has also been busy defending itself against charges it operates as a pyramid scheme.

In May 2009, YTB International Inc. (OTCBB: YTBLA) YTB agreed to pay $1 million and to stop charging agents for its travel Web sites to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit filed by the California attorney general. The company also faced another lawsuit from Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, who alleges that YTB violated state laws regarding unfair competition and advertising."

Oaky, so if Crotch expects 5,000, then maybe 2,500 will show up.

A Life Aloft
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Okay, now I realize that Douggie copied his entire blog that I linked above from here:

2010 August | ZamZuu Info (http://www.zamzuudeals.info/?m=201008)

Some things never change do they?

jwf21403
08-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes if YTB is predicting 5000 it will be less. My guess is about 2500 to 3000. If you look at Coach's Facebook fans he barely has 5000 fans. But then again, YTB does count the employees and children as attendees. Perhaps this year they will count the convention center employees.

Rod is attending again.

So from 15,000 in 2008 to 8,000 in 2009 -46%
8,000 in 2009 to 5,000 in 2010 -38%

And I just recounted on my blog that Doug felt that the Edward R Jones Dome woudl not be large enough to handle them in a few years!

BruceShuell
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
It's not YTB bringing the faithful - it's Scamzoo. I always find the convention hilarious. Maybe they will bring back Foam Liberties head back for a visit. Of course Rod is going again. The man is brain washed and desperate for comraderie and pats on the back that he gets no where else.

Unsaved Trash
08-03-2010, 03:25 PM
It's not YTB bringing the faithful - it's Scamzoo. I always find the convention hilarious. Maybe they will bring back Foam Liberties head back for a visit. Of course Rod is going again. The man is brain washed and desperate for comraderie and pats on the back that he gets no where else.

Not sure about that, Bruce. Even DoucheBag Doug won't give him a hug any longer. He's a misfit and outcast. Remember last year when he protested that they had rock and roll music. That is Satan's Playground. He was overruled and they also had female impersonators for the entertainment. A double whammy for him. I'm surprised he's recovered.

Whip
08-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Not sure about that, Bruce. Even DoucheBag Doug won't give him a hug any longer. He's a misfit and outcast. Remember last year when he protested that they had rock and roll music. That is Satan's Playground. He was overruled and they also had female impersonators for the entertainment. A double whammy for him. I'm surprised he's recovered.

It certainly didn't stop him from going which would have been the 'christian' thing to do. His level of hypocrisy is fascinating.

Unsaved Trash
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
It certainly didn't stop him from going which would have been the 'christian' thing to do. His level of hypocrisy is fascinating.

Oh Whip, stop! You're just trying to steal Rod's dream. He's only been in YTB for 6 years (I think) and has lost money each year. Lots of money. But "Coach" is a Man of God and although a certified scamming weasel, he could be forgiven for his sins when he reaches those Pearly Gates. Not a chance in Hell. But Rod thinks that's possible and he also thinks he's a qualified travel agent plus a mall owner. I wouldn't want to be a dream stealer.

Now as for DoucheBag Doug and his wife, they've been in YTB/ScamZuu for as long or longer and how did that make them prosper? Bankruptcy. Nice, huh? And what's even more amusing is that they're still in it. And please don't forget, DoucheBag Doug said he would "pay back every penny" before he filed for bankruptcy. That didn't happen either.

Mike!
08-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh Whip, stop! You're just trying to steal Rod's dream. He's only been in YTB for 6 years (I think) and has lost money each year. Lots of money. But "Coach" is a Man of God and although a certified scamming weasel, he could be forgiven for his sins when he reaches those Pearly Gates. Not a chance in Hell. But Rod thinks that's possible and he also thinks he's a qualified travel agent plus a mall owner. I wouldn't want to be a dream stealer.

Now as for DoucheBag Doug and his wife, they've been in YTB/ScamZuu for as long or longer and how did that make them prosper? Bankruptcy. Nice, huh? And what's even more amusing is that they're still in it. And please don't forget, DoucheBag Doug said he would "pay back every penny" before he filed for bankruptcy. That didn't happen either.

He might have paid back the pennies, it was the dollars themselves that he had trouble with.

:RpS_laugh:

BruceShuell
08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I came accross an interesting discussion on the Home Based TA forum.... It seems that many in YTB are using Tripology ( a waste in my opinion) to contact REAL agents and have them put quotes together for them. They get a professional to do their work and then take the credit and commission. I'm sure this surprises no one.

jwf21403
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
IT doesn't surprise me. Been happening for a while. THe only good thing is that it is happening less as they ramp down the travel end of the business

jwf21403
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
LOL just looked at the stock. They are trying to pump it but the best they can do is from 4 cents to just below 5 cents. Sort of like cranking over a car that has a dead battery---it just ain't gonna work.

Seriously?
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I came accross an interesting discussion on the Home Based TA forum.... It seems that many in YTB are using Tripology ( a waste in my opinion) to contact REAL agents and have them put quotes together for them. They get a professional to do their work and then take the credit and commission. I'm sure this surprises no one.

This has been happening from the beginning.

Mike!
08-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't go but I have a friend says he'd go down and hang around the entrance and take pictures during some of the up coming "con-vention". I don't want the poor shlep having to hang around any more than he has to, what'd be a "best time/date" to be there to get a best idea on attendance? Thoughts?

jwf21403
08-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I say go for it. If he can email the photos to me, I will bring it as live as I can on the blog.

BruceShuell
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I watched Kim Sorensons video on Johns blog just now and all I can say is that man is a fool. He's perfect for YTB - a big fool leading all the little fools.

Unsaved Trash
08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I watched Kim Sorensons video on Johns blog just now and all I can say is that man is a fool. He's perfect for YTB - a big fool leading all the little fools.

You're wrong. Kim said that no one out there knew what FIT stood for or what it meant, so he explained it to us in plain English. Of all these years I've been in the biz, I find out I'm wrong and it really means "Flexible Independent Traveler." I would assume he called Arnie Weissmann, the dolt that wrote the article below, or he called TW's Power List people who verify the amount of travel sold by YTB. This type of bullshit makes me glad I retired when I did.

Travel Weekly (http://www.travelweekly.com/article_ektid217966.aspx)

Link courtesy of Ann, a real genuine TA. And a CTC at that.

A Life Aloft
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh good Lord! Rovia/World Ventures again? Seriously? Travel weekly is so full of crap. No wonder no one takes them seriously any longer. The fact that YTB is on the Power Listing and some of the other articles I have read are bad enough. This is a new low for Arnie.

Ummm isn't FIT Foreign Independent Tour? Isn't that what TAs and Tour Operators do so by using components of travel from various and different and multiple providers for someone? I thought that was why there were actual FIT product lines available to people. They can kinda of build their own tailored trip/tour customized for what the client wants instead of some standard group/tour thing.

Seriously?
08-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Ummm isn't FIT Foreign Independent Tour?

Not since one of the most influential people in travel renamed it.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/aruhman/th_bow.gif?t=1281181065

jwf21403
08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Ummm isn't FIT Foreign Independent Tour?
I have always had the argument about the "T" being "Tour" or "Travel".

But hey, Kim scored a 33% on that quiz. I wonder how the other most influential people did?

jwf21403
08-08-2010, 11:50 AM
One of the new things you can sell at ZamZuu and will be trained on at the convention

PROTECTING OUR KIDS WITH ZAMZUU CHILD PROTECTION MOBILE APPLICATION
Tim Woda
Protecting our kids from the dangers of sexting, cyberbullying, and sex predators.

Really hypocritical if you ask me. I wonder if they have a predator on staff or hired one as a consultant.:RpS_ohmy:

Lightbulb
08-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Protecting our kids from the dangers of sexting, cyberbullying, and sex predators.

Those are 3 vastly different subjects with widely different instructional information needed for educational purposes. Would be extremely curious how all 3 could be solved with a single mobile app. All I can think of is that Zamzuu is selling some kind of filtering software that is suppose to block certain words, thus solving the issue of a kid sending or receiving a text with a sex related word in it. Sorta like the **** that show up at the other site whenever anyone used a banned word. Doesn't help with cell calls or posting from a phone to a website, however, so no idea how either could be stopped with a mobile app.

Whip
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
doesn't matter......like narcthatponzi and DNA, as long as it says something about allegedly protecting children, it has to be good and you just don't get it.

Lightbulb
08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
doesn't matter......like narcthatponzi and DNA, as long as it says something about allegedly protecting children, it has to be good and you just don't get it.
Ah, yes, of course.
As Helen Lovejoy, wife to Rev. Timothy Lovejoy from the cartoon The Simpsons, says "Won't anyone think of the children?".

Mike!
08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
John's blog says there's rumor of a possible Seven figure fine being leaved against YTB recently... Anyone heard anything about this yet?

jwf21403
08-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I want to emphasize that it is rumor. I have not been able to confirm anything yet and I have calls into the AG, the atty with the class action and a few other sources. My basis for that was that I received (in a matter of 4 hours) two separate emails from people within YTB asking about it. I woudl not accept either word as gospel under normal circumstances, but as far as I know they do not know each other (California and Georgia) and that they both contacted me on the same day seemed somewhat credible.

There HAS been a pump in the stock and the value of the company has risen a million or so, and I am not sure if that could transfer to liquidity or not, but....

I do have feelers out in a number of places but for now it is rumor

john70816
08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
OMG, John. Your latest entry on the blog is a hoot! First off, they're asking about "Mexican" airlines, and not Mexicana. Then, they admit that they've been calling REAL travel agencies for the answer! I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this so called travel agent.

A Life Aloft
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
OMG, John. Your latest entry on the blog is a hoot! First off, they're asking about "Mexican" airlines, and not Mexicana. Then, they admit that they've been calling REAL travel agencies for the answer! I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this so called travel agent.Holy crap. I just read it. LMAO I knew the poop about the bk the day it was filed. In fact I was having a discussion with someone on here about it in a pm a week ago and about a bunch of stuff regarding DAL and some other carriers and changing gates and hubs and mergers and DAL dumping some of it's regional carriers and this is what I said about MX:

"The bankruptcy deal with MX is interesting. I think you can look to see Click's planes going on the market. I am not believing that they will not be affected by this. Link the same eventually perhaps. The worst part is that they want to screw the air crews both pilots and FAs and cut all their pays and the ground crew pay. WTF? THAT is going to save them? The pilots and the FAs already gave up a chunk of their salaries and bennies when MX was having severe financial issues back in 2006 and they never gained those back! Air Canada just went and seized back 4 planes that they have been leasing to MX. lmao They filed their bk in New York and Mexico but not in Canada. Cracked me up. Good for Air Canada. At least they got their aircraft back. Now MX has been around for a very very long time, like over 80 years, so I do feel badly for them. But, the management there is screwed and clueless. Where have we seen that before in this decade? And the FAA recently downgraded their aviation safety rating too and for good reason. This caused both AA and DAL to remove their codes from AeroMexico and Mexicana flights because of FAA's downgrading of Mexico's safety rating from a Category 1 to Category 2. Ouch.

Most of their fleet comprises 61 A320 family aircraft, with 10 A318s, 23 A319s and 26 A320s; there are a further 6 on order. The carrier also operates two longer haul A330-200s, along with four B767s. They took delivery of their most recent A319 in Jun-2010, from ILFC. The carrier has only three more aircraft on order, two A319s and an A320, but to me, the almost inevitable downsizing which would follow a potential (and I use that word lightly) recovery from bankruptcy protection, implies an airline some 40% to 50% smaller."

Now I am not a TA obviously. I know nothing basically uness it pertains to air travel and maybe a few other things I have learned over the years. I just keep up with airliners commerical and cargo domestically and internationally. How damn stupid are these people? They are clueless and lost. They know nothing. Nothing at all. Not even the basics. And people wondered why actual TAs were and are so upset over the likes of all travel MLMs and over some jackass off the street with no experience and no real training called themselves Travel Agents. They are a disgrace, pure and simple and a joke. My grandson is not a pilot because he can fly a radio controlled plane either at the park. Same thing. Mexican Airlines! Bejebus!! ROTFL!

As a side note, CMA/Mexicana may even consider a merger with Aero. This finding was already approved by Mexico’s Federal Competition Commission back in May of this year. So that is my predcition of a solution for them. And I have some thoughts on that subject as well.

Do you think that Kimmy and Crotch would consider paying me to be a consultant? lol I have a feeling any money they rake in from the convention is going to their long list of growing creditors however. Damn, I missed the boat on that puppy I guess.

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
aatcheaptravel says: August 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM Be an a Travel Agent with YTB!
YTB Offers You:
A real, tangible home-based Travel Agency Business you can run from anywhere in the world or from the comfort of your kitchen table!
Huge discounts on hotels, car rentals, luxury cruises, upgrades, exotic vacation packages and many more travel perks
Personal travel agent photo ID card and credentials
State of the art travel agency in greater St. Louis
Up to 60% paid commissions on your personal website
Online booking engines
Affiliate marketing program
Company familiarization trips
Total service and support
And so much more!
for more information be free to email at
aatcheaptravel@yahoo.com
or visit my web site clik on presentation and enjoy !!!!

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 02:10 AM
One Response to “I love to book travel,what is the best way to get certified to be a travel agent?”
Yesi R says:
August 10, 2010 at 4:48 am
Hello, I am excited to announce that my husband and I are Certified Referring Travel Agents with YTB International. YTB International was founded in February 2001 a leading internet provider of online travel stores for travel agencies and home-based independent business individuals in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. http://www.cheapplaneandcruisetickets.org It is experiencing an in creditably fast growth rate and would be happy to help you and any questions you may have.

YTB, International (YTBL.PK) a publicly traded company recognizes the changes and trends of the travel industry. The travel industry pulls in approximately $1.3 trillion annually in the United States and almost 7 trillion worldwide. Now over 71,000 travel agents…Up over 300% from January 2006 (21,000) and Up 750% from 2005 (8,400) are taking note of the following trends:

(1) Baby boomers
(2)The Travel industry is growing 23 percent faster then the global economy
(3)The continued growth of internet e-commerce will sustain on line travel sales
(4)Statistics shows that small and home-based businesses are the fastest growing segment of the US economy.

Now, in a spectacular 128 page January 2007 issue of “Success From Home” with a DVD & CD inside are featured articles of YTB, International and details on above trends. I’ll send you a copy of this magazine if you would like to read more about the company or industry trends p.18.
YTB offers two unique and powerful business opportunities that is referring travel agent with your own personal booking engine http://www.cheapplaneandcruisetickets.biz and/or that of independent marketing representative http://www.cheapplaneandcruisetickets.com In addition to Full-time benefits while working for yourself. Once qualified benefits consist of guaranteed-issued major medical health insurance coverage, $100,000 insurance policy, dental, vision, disability insurances, and health coverage for you and your family.

Your Road Map For Success consist of YTB travel toolbox, training calls, back office travel training tools, marketing information, online vendor courses and support from corporate headquarters with helpful and informative news and events from the company and travel industry.
You’ll receive on average 50% savings as a travel professional and save on taxes because it is a real business with real benefits and savings. See more on the travel benefits and tax savings as a travel agent with YTB http://www.cheapplaneandcruisetickets.info

I hope you found this information helpful in seeking answers to your questions. For more information send me an email and will be happy to assist you to become a certified travel agent.

jwf21403
08-12-2010, 06:07 AM
aatcheaptravel says: August 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM Be an a Travel Agent with YTB!
YTB Offers You:
A real, tangible home-based Travel Agency Business you can run from anywhere in the world or from the comfort of your kitchen table!
Huge discounts on hotels, car rentals, luxury cruises, upgrades, exotic vacation packages and many more travel perks
Personal travel agent photo ID card and credentials
State of the art travel agency in greater St. Louis
Up to 60% paid commissions on your personal website
Online booking engines
Affiliate marketing program
Company familiarization trips
Total service and support
And so much more!
for more information be free to email at
aatcheaptravel@yahoo.com
or visit my web site clik on presentation and enjoy !!!!
DO you have a link to these? It seems they may be dated unless they are just resurrecting the same old shi!t

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Found them both doing a Google Blog Search sorted by the most recent date, and they were both dated August 10th 2010:

Q&A: I have saved US $ 110,000, looking to start a safe business with good return and minimal supervision. Any idea « Start A Business Help « Business Help « Busy Entrepreneur .com (http://www.busyentrepreneur.com/2010/08/qa-i-have-saved-us-110000-looking-to-start-a-safe-business-with-good-return-and-minimal-supervision-any-idea/)

I love to book travel,what is the best way to get certified to be a travel agent? - Mobile Wireless Weather Station - Wireless Weather Station (http://www.worldweatherdata.com/?p=4127)

on that one, scroll down past the ad

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
This one is dated the August 11th 2010:

Agents Travel » MLM or Network Marketing is YTB, Your Travel Biz, the best of the best? (http://agentstravel.blognows.com/2010/08/12/mlm-or-network-marketing-is-ytb-your-travel-biz-the-best-of-the-best/)

jwf21403
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks--

Wow take a look at the stock. Any speculations? Keeping in mind the IL AG is still out there. THey have a note due to FH Partners for the K-Mart at the end of the month. The stock is up to 24 cents from under a dime in half a day with more than amilliopn shares traded (avg is 60K)

Whip
08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
There's certainly something fishy going on....they have nothing.

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
There is always something fishy going on with their stock since they went public. Haven't we seen these jumps in the stock just prior and and also just after their conventions every year? Then it goes back to crap again.

It's 18 cents now.....just checked. (0.1850) The volume is 1,642,202. Twice as much as it's been for months. Up 85%! Rod should cash in while he can. lmao The volume went to 1,644,352 in the two minutes it took me to look at it and type this. WTF?

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Interesting...now it's 20 cents and the volume is 1,652,424. Maybe Crotch (and/or his minions) are trying to inflate it up and then cash out some shares in the near future and get a few bucks. This not penny traders messing around. No sane person would buy this stock with it's history and the history of YTB.

jwf21403
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Two times what it has been....make that 20 times! Average volume is like 50K a day on a three month roll.

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't looked at it in many months until today. What do you think is going on? Any more info/news on the "fine" rumour?

BruceShuell
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
From Johns blog it looks like YTB is re-inventing itself again. It may explain the stock numbers....

jwf21403
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I am wondering if someone did not have a poison pill (not sure if that is the right term) to sell the entire portfolio if the stock traded lower than a dime for a year. This is the one year anniversary when it dipped below a dime and never recovered. Who knows how many sellers there were or how many transactions, but right now, Scott has slightly more than 2 million shares, Coach has about 1.5 and Kim has like 5

john70816
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
And the report is out, and they're still bleeding money and TSO's, or whatever they're called.

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Closed at 20 cents and volume at 2,060,140. That's a whole lot of something over nothing.

Total current assets: $20,260
Cash on Hand: $1,807
Inventory: $44
Total Liabilities: $13,550

As shown in the accompanying condensed consolidated financial statements, the Company has incurred losses from continuing operations for the first six months of 2010 and 2009 of $897,000 and $438,000, respectively. In addition, negative current economic conditions and other factors have led to a falloff in the number of active TSOs and BOs in the Company. The number of active TSOs and BOs has declined during the first six months of 2010 by a net of 8,100 to 33,074 active TSOs and BOs as of June 30, 2010 from the 41,174 reported as of December 31, 2009.

During the first half of 2010, the Company’s primary domestic credit card processor returned $1.6 million of the reserve requirement reducing our restricted cash balance from $2.6 million as of December 31, 2009 to $1.0 million as of June 30, 2010.

The outstanding balance of the Company’s headquarters note as of June 30, 2010 and December 31, 2009 was $1.6 million. The maturity date of the note is August 31, 2010.

During the second quarter of 2010, the Company made the decision to sell within the next 12 months, 19 acres of land adjacent to its corporate headquarters with a carrying value of $1.5 million and reclassified it to assets held for sale on the Company’s condensed consolidated balance sheet as of June 30, 2010. In addition, during the six months ended June 30, 2010, the Company placed into service $104,000 of equipment previously included in assets held for sale as of December 31, 2009, and reclassified it to property and equipment, net on the Company’s condensed consolidated balance sheet as of June 30, 2010.

On January 20, 2010, the Company executed a commercial promissory note for general working capital with an unaffiliated third party (the “ Lender ”), in the amount of $650,000 with a maturity date of September 15, 2010. The note bears interest at a rate of 14.5% per annum, payable in monthly installments of interest only beginning on February 16, 2010. The total loan fee and miscellaneous closing costs for the note, amortized to interest expense over the life of the note, is $47,000 of which $3,000 was paid in January 2010 upon acceptance of the commitment letter, $13,000 was paid upon execution of the promissory note, and $33,000 is due and payable at the maturity date of the note. Amortization of the debt issue costs for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010 is $18,000 and $32,000, respectively.

In connection with the execution of the note and as evidenced by the assignment of promissory note dated January 20, 2010, the Company granted a security interest to Lender in the Prestige Promissory Note dated December 16, 2008 related to the Building One Property, and payable to the Company in the amount of $1.2 million. See Note 6 – “Notes Receivable.” As additional security for the note as evidenced by the assignment of mortgage dated January 20, 2010, the Company assigned to Lender the real estate mortgage dated December 16, 2008 made by Prestige to secure repayment of the Prestige Promissory Note to the Company. In the event that the Company has not received payment in full of all principal and interest due under the terms and conditions of the Prestige Promissory Note by June 16, 2010, the Company is to deliver to Lender a fully executed modification of the Prestige Promissory Note no later than July 16, 2010, the terms of which must be approved by Lender prior to the modification. Effective June 15, 2010, with the approval of the Lender, the Company extended the date the full balance of the principal and any accrued interest is due until July 31, 2010 and effective July 29, 2010, the Company granted a second extension to August 13, 2010.

For more:

EDGAR Pro (http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/displayfilinginfo.aspx?FilingID=7410344-35945-224865&type=sect&dcn=0000852766-10-000006)

Net Revenues:

ITC and PDS sales and monthly fees: $5,887
Travel and product commissions and services: $2,591
Training programs and marketing materials: $159
Other: $192
Total net revenues: $8,829

Marketing commissions: $ 2,446
Travel and product commissions: $1,703
Depreciation and amortization: $434
Training programs and marketing materials: $146
General and administrative: $4,497
Total operating expenses: $9,226

OPERATING (LOSS) INCOME (397 )

Total Net Losses: (480)

LOSS FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS: (897)

Six Months Ended June 2010:

Beginning Balance Active TSOs and BOs: 41,174
New TSOs: 911
New BOs: 5,739
Deactivations: 14,750
Ending Balance Active TSOs and BOs : 33,074

A Life Aloft
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Travel and product commissions and services revenue for the second quarter of 2010 decreased $1.2 million to $2.6 million from the $3.8 million reported in the comparable prior year quarter.

Training programs and marketing materials revenue decreased $126,000 in the second quarter of 2010 to $159,000 from $285,000 in the comparable prior year quarter.

Marketing commissions decreased $4.2 million in the second quarter of 2010 to $2.4 million from $6.6 million in the comparable prior year quarter. Commission expense related to new sales declined $2.4 million directly related to the decline in the number of new ITC and PDS sales. The average number of new sales for which we recognized a commission expense decreased to 920 in the second quarter of 2010 compared to 3,208 in the comparable prior year quarter.

Travel and product commissions for the second quarter of 2010 decreased $508,000 to $1.7 million from $2.2 million reported in the comparable quarter of 2009.

Depreciation for the second quarter of 2010 decreased $244,000 to $434,000 from $678,000 reported in the comparable prior year quarter. The decrease is primarily attributable to the sale of Company vehicles, excess computers, and the retirement of software that was not being utilized.

Training programs and marketing materials expense decreased $203,000 to $146,000 in the second quarter of 2010 from $349,000 reported in the comparable prior year quarter.

General and administrative expenses decreased $2.6 million to $4.5 million in the second quarter of 2010 from $7.1 million in the same quarter of 2009. As a percentage of total net revenues, these expenses were 50.9% in the second quarter of 2010 and 39.4% in the second quarter of 2009. The decrease in general and administrative expense in 2010 is primarily attributable to the costs associated with the reduction of new ITC and PDS sales and active TSOs and BOs.

Merchant processing fees decreased $183,000 directly related to the number of transactions processed by the Company, linked to the downturn in revenue.

Restricted stock amortization decreased $299,000 due to a decline in the Company’s stock price and a reduction in the number of restricted stock awards granted in 2010 compared to 2009.

Salaries and related benefits decreased $1.2 million due to the reduction in the home office staff.

Travel and entertainment expenses decreased $176,000 due to a decrease in the number of executives and employees traveling along with management cost cutting measures.

Contract labor decreased $208,000 primarily due to the elimination of numerous consultants and the conversion of consultants to full time employees.

john70816
08-13-2010, 09:55 AM
And now that the 10Q is out, and people see that they're STILL bleeding money and people, the stock price drop has started. In less than an hour, it has dropped almost $0.05, or about 20%.

Seriously?
08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
YTB executive: Travel a key part of company's future
By: Jerry Limone August 15, 2010

Travel is an essential part of YTB's present and future, YTB Travel Network President Kim Sorensen said in response to a Travel Weekly report on Thursday noting that the company's travel website sales are substantially down.

Information about the company’s performance was published in a Securities and Exchange Commission document accompanying YTB's second-quarter financial results.

Kim SORENSEN"YTB is definitely not winding down or losing interest in its travel agency business," Sorensen said. "In fact, our offline (vendor-direct) travel booking and group businesses are doing very well in this troubled economy.

Referring to growth in YTB's new business, the sale of retail shopping websites, Sorensen said, "YTB International, through its network marketing subsidiary ZamZuu, has restructured in order to provide a lead product that is more compatible with network marketing.

"YTB Travel Network is not now and never has been a network marketing company. Our focus is and will remain on the sale of travel. We will fulfill and support online travel sales for ZamZuu Travel through their Online Mall, and we will continue to host our thousands of YTB Travel Network referring travel agents and travel agents with YTB Travel Network."

Sorensen said the training and support of new travel agents is "a niche that we have largely to ourselves."

"We will recruit and expand primarily from within the ranks of ZamZuu reps and customers," he said.
Link (http://www.travelweekly.com/article3_ektid218974.aspx)

Bold mine. Not responsible for keyboards/monitors when you snort your beverage of choice.

jwf21403
08-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I just saw a post on the Yahoo finance boards that YTB is a target for a takeover if stock can get to $2.50. I wonder if this might not make sense for some large company to buy the travel business and make them legitimate. THey DO sell travel (granted it is mostly self sold to their people) but I wonder if the thousand or so people who do sell travel are worth it to some company. Buy the travel biz ditch the name and move on. Give YTB some cash to get out of debt and let them go on their ZamZuu way

Whip
08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Or it's just a rumor for a pump and dump. That seems more plausible with the way they operate.

A Life Aloft
08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
At 10 cents a share, it's going to be a long damn wait....like longer than it will take for the Sun to finally burn out. Who would want them and why? Somebody would want a handful of untrained and uneducated members who are not travel agents who are mostly selling travel to themselves and a few relatives and friends and a site where nobody in their right minds would book travel from? Ask a thousand people on the street if they have ever heard of Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline. Most of them will have. Then ask them if they have heard of YTB travel. lol

How much travel exactly does YTB sell in one year compared with any decent, large, legit agency?

jwf21403
08-17-2010, 01:02 PM
YTB does over $100m so that is significant. I am doubtful of ever seeing $2.50 a share, but spinning off their travel division might be worth something to someone. If for nothing else than to get the $100m in sales. With a reputable agency the commissions and back ends woudl be higher, so if the old axiom is true about three year's earnings, it could be $30 million. Just food for thought. And what could Coach and Scott do with $30 million. They could build a new MLM Zam Zuu till it too dropped, but in the interim taking the spoils that come with the deal.

jwf21403
08-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I am surprised that there are not that many videos up on Facebook on the convention. I wonder if the crowd is light (anyone in the area?) . But this one was Kim and the Carnival inside sales rep. Looks like an awkward situation to me.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=663403951274&ref=mf

Mike!
08-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Maybe they should have gave her a Redbull or something. She didn't even pretend to be excited (or happy to have his arm around her shoulder for that matter) to be there. The look pretty much says I'd rather be anywhere but here.

Unsaved Trash
08-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe they should have gave her a Redbull or something. She didn't even pretend to be excited (or happy to have his arm around her shoulder for that matter) to be there. The look pretty much says I'd rather be anywhere but here.

Hick Kim would make anyone uncomfortable and then to top it off, he refers to Ann Sedgwick twice and makes the poor chick he's holding onto seem like a stand-in for her. Also liked the nice grease stains on Kim's polyester YTB shirt. Classy.

jwf21403
08-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Amy is/was Ann's inside sales counterpart and was scheduled to be there. She was not a stand in but apparently Ann was not there -- although she was supposed to be and maybe she is coming later, but Amy looked VERY uncomfortable there IMHO. Just noticed Kim chomping a hunk of gum (or chewing tobacco)

littleroundman
08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Just noticed Kim chomping a hunk of gum (or chewing tobacco)

I believe its' known as a "cud"

When the source of male bovine excreta is seen constantly chewing, it's known as "chewing its' cud"

Mike!
08-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Seems this years "con"vention was such a non-event that it got ZERO coverage over this weekend in any local news that I can find, print or broadcast. ZERO. Given how much bad press thy've recieved so far this year, maybe that's for the best, to them.

jwf21403
08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I am waiting on some reports form some people who were there, but I agree. Many who did not attend are pissed that there was no "streaming" of the event like last year. And considering that Facebook is all new this year, one woudl have thought there might have been more updates other than the baseball game, coach and his 20 friends, and the Carnival Rep freaked out that Kim was pawing her.

I wonder what the ultimate attendance was? I bet under 2500 despite the claims of 5000.

And the big announcement is that they are giving it away for free. Way to piss off the people that paid!

But here is the hook.....

Get a site (actually it is a login) for free and earn 30% of the cash back YTB earns. Hello, you can sign up for any number of sites and keep all the cash. But YTB does have them under one roof.

Once you see how much you are making, you will want to give the sites to your friends, so you pay Coach $50 a month to do that and then you will earn 30% of whatever is earned on those sites.

So, YTB gets to keep 40% of the money earned and $50 a month from those who believe they can give away enough of those sites.

Here is the big ifs--will peoplel participate in the paradigm shift to go to zamzuu to buy stuff or will they go to the stores where they normally go or go to a program wherre they can earn more.

And how many friends do these people have to give these out to? And of those, how many will actually use it.

A Life Aloft
08-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I looked under my multi search engine thing, unders News, Blogs, Forums, (even Twitter) using various search words and couldn't really find anything being posted about the convention at all. I mean nada. I will be interested to see how many were actually there. I mean what are they saying on Face Book? They are talking about the Talent Show and Crotch's wife being on the Newywed game show thing they did. WTF? That's it? I saw people whining about the live stream deal not being there this year as it was last year. Wonder if Rod had a good time and is full of the koolaid again.

Unsaved Trash
08-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I looked under my multi search engine thing, unders News, Blogs, Forums, (even Twitter) using various search words and couldn't really find anything being posted about the convention at all. I mean nada. I will be interested to see how many were actually there. I mean what are they saying on Face Book? They are talking about the Talent Show and Crotch's wife being on the Newywed game show thing they did. WTF? That's it? I saw people whining about the live stream deal not being there this year as it was last year. Wonder if Rod had a good time and is full of the koolaid again.

I guess you missed DoucheBag Doug's blog. But before we get to that, this part is the best of the best. Someone sure thinks they're a bit more important than they really are. Funny, I guess all those opportunities at ZamZuu and YTB didn't pay off too well for DoucheBag or his wife. It headed them right into bankruptcy but yet he still has this feeling of superiority. Enjoy:

ZamZuu Convention Another Year = Another Big Hit

Before I begin with the Convention update, I can’t tell you how grateful I am for all the e-mail, Facebook messages, and phone calls I received in the last 24 hours. If I haven’t gotten back to you yet, I will, but please keep in mind my inbox is flooded right now with gratitude and appreciation from others who feel the same way. I’ve also had another huge rush on subscribers because of yesterday’s update. If you’re looking to get on the newsletter yourself, (and are already a member of YTB and ZamZuu) you can fill out your information here and get on our mailing list.

It hasn’t been until the last few years that I’ve really understood the word “Giving”. Sure I’ve been brought up to tithe 10% of my income and I’ve always heard that it’s better to give than it is to receive. This blog and newsletter has been a labor of love for those who want a firsthand perspective on what it’s like to be in YTB and ZamZuu. I’ve given of my time, my experience, and my talents and the appreciation, rewards and opportunities that have come back to me have been simply amazing.

I am humbled – I am grateful – I am constantly amazed how I’ve been able to reach so many people and touch so many lives.

Thank you!

And now off to the convention part of his blog: ZamZuu Convention Another Year = Another Big Hit | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/08/23/zamzuu-convention-update/)

Whip
08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
I am waiting on some reports form some people who were there, but I agree. Many who did not attend are pissed that there was no "streaming" of the event like last year. And considering that Facebook is all new this year, one woudl have thought there might have been more updates other than the baseball game, coach and his 20 friends, and the Carnival Rep freaked out that Kim was pawing her.

I wonder what the ultimate attendance was? I bet under 2500 despite the claims of 5000.

And the big announcement is that they are giving it away for free. Way to piss off the people that paid!

But here is the hook.....

Get a site (actually it is a login) for free and earn 30% of the cash back YTB earns. Hello, you can sign up for any number of sites and keep all the cash. But YTB does have them under one roof.

Once you see how much you are making, you will want to give the sites to your friends, so you pay Coach $50 a month to do that and then you will earn 30% of whatever is earned on those sites.

So, YTB gets to keep 40% of the money earned and $50 a month from those who believe they can give away enough of those sites.

Here is the big ifs--will peoplel participate in the paradigm shift to go to zamzuu to buy stuff or will they go to the stores where they normally go or go to a program wherre they can earn more.

And how many friends do these people have to give these out to? And of those, how many will actually use it.

That robot banner in your latest blog update is really creepy.

A Life Aloft
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Cripes, my dog is more articulate than Kimmy. Also, he needs a manzier.

Whip
08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
It's called the 'Bro' :RpS_laugh:

jwf21403
08-27-2010, 02:15 PM
You have to love the transparency with which YTB operates. I got an anonymous tip on this and boy, he or she was dead on!

MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix: Kim Pulls A Fast One (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/08/kim-pulls-fast-one.html)

BruceShuell
08-27-2010, 04:38 PM
What's this about YTB only selling YTB travel sites to Scamzooies?

jwf21403
08-28-2010, 07:29 AM
That is what Kim said. I am thinking that it might offer some more legal protection to sell to an insider (hey they know how to do insider deals for sure) than to the general public. Since YTB is being sued for violation of CONSUMER laws in Illinois (both the AG and the Class Actions) this now takes the consumer out of it and it is a B2B transaction.

Mike!
08-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Looks like the magic has worn off already, YTB stock is plumiting back to it's 'normal' trading price of around a nickle again. You have to wonder just how they manage to set this bag of poo on fire once in a while... Although, if you'd bought it at it's all time low of two cents a share, and sold it at the artificaly high price of twenty two cents a share. you'd have cleaned up!

Unsaved Trash
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
This is worthy of a reprint from John's blog today:

YTB Poised To Earn MORE By Giving Away Program

MLM is known to prey on the people who can least afford to be preyed upon. And YTB is no exception. There is a sense of false hope which is sold by slick snake oil salesmen with very few ever realizing a return.

The Directors and management have no interest in the success of anyone under them. Don't believe me? When Jensen, Corr, and Wilson left, they left a bunch of people in a lurch. Sure they tried to take some with them--who did that benefit? Themselves.

Now they are back and trying to bring more people with them. Again, who is benefiting? Certainly not the people that are picking up this free program.

Even Candy May has abandoned most of her downline. I spoke with a RTA who feels really abandoned. Take a look at some of the postings on Coach or Kim's facebook page and see for yourself.

And YTB found out a way to make "free" end up making more money for them! Don't believe me? Take a look at the math.

OLD SYSTEM
$449 sign up fee
$49 per month for 20 months (average retention)
$1429 investment over 20 months

NEW SYSTEM
$49 per month for 20 months (assuming retention is comparable)
$29 per month for the enhanced back office access
$1560 investment for 20 months

And that does not include the $19 for access to the Dean of ZamZuu University's 4 recorded seminars.

But the pitch is attractive and geared to those who are truly at the end of their rope and YTB is not ashamed to smack their knuckles and let them fall. Present it as a "free" business opportunity to earn cash back on purchases. Parade a bunch of successful (fake it till you make it) people in front of them. Maybe show a grand check presentation or two. Get them convinced for only $49 a month (less than the cost of a cup of coffee each day) they too can be making millions like the fakers. Once in, they will give it a shot for a few months, and then the carrots need to be dangled. Buy the enhanced program--that is the only way to be successful. Buy the presentations--that is the only way to be successful.

The viscous cycle continues and the income statements and the SEC filings will bear this out.

MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix: YTB Poised To Earn MORE By Giving Away Program (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/09/ytb-poised-to-earn-more-by-giving-away.html)

Unsaved Trash
09-09-2010, 12:32 AM
If you really need a great laugh (or several), just read Coach's Facebook page for the past two days. Miss Chriss had her shoulder replaced yesterday and it looks as if God, Jesus, Joseph, Mary, the Three Wise Men, etc., and the good folks at YTB/ZamZuu have been instrumental in this, not the doctors. The comments are very enlightening. There is even one referring to Allāhu Akbar (Islam for God is Great). Jim Jones anyone?

Hey Gang! Thanks... | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CoachTomer/posts/140183949358860)

A Life Aloft
09-09-2010, 01:00 AM
This comment frightened me lol:

"Coach she is HEALED in Jesus name! Jehovah Rapha is at work even as we speak! I love you and thank God for you and your family.....God bless you my RICH DAD!!!!"

and

"Thank You Father and amaze us with Your supernatural healing for Miss Chris. Let her be a beacon of Glory for You. Amen"

and

"To God be the Glory!!!"

These people have really lost it. If this isn't a cult like bunch of crap, I don't know what is. Rod should fit right in. At least we know what is left of YTB.........Bible thumping, fanatic, out to lunch Christians. BTW, how do these so called Christians reckon their faith in God and Crotch with all the lawsuits past and present, all the money Crotch owes, how he has lied to the flock, screwed the Directors, all the insider deals, and so much more for years? I mean the man is a dirt bag and has been his entire life. He has ripped off the sheep for millions upon millions. What am I missing?

I laughed my ass off about alll the healing crap. Healing what? She didn't have a disease, she had her shoulder fixed! BFD! She just got out of surgery....how is she "healed" exactly already? She will be in physical therapy for months and the complete healing will take even longer. Kinda of an insult to her, I am sure, highly skilled Orthopedic Surgeon as well. WTF? These idiots are too stupid to even realized that they are paying Ms. Chris's medical bills!!! ROTFL! I'll bet when she's downing the vicodin everyone will be saying how Jesus took her pain away next. Any takers???

I missed my calling.....I should have become a half assed fake preacher and started a half assed MLM scam.

Unsaved Trash
09-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I missed my calling.....I should have become a half assed fake preacher and started a half assed MLM scam.

Hey! That was my idea as soon as I discovered MLMs. Mitts off until I get mine going. I just need a product like Anti-diarrheal Jesus Juice Cactus Extract for the frequent traveler to India and the likes. I'll have it endorsed by the Rev. Armageddon T. Thunderbird.

A Life Aloft
09-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Hey! That was my idea as soon as I discovered MLMs. Mitts off until I get mine going. I just need a product like Anti-diarrheal Jesus Juice Cactus Extract for the frequent traveler to India and the likes. I'll have it endorsed by the Rev. Armageddon T. Thunderbird.Well, we know plenty of idiots on scam who we could sign up in a heartbeat and one numb nuts from here. They don't care if they ever make any money (which they won't) and they will just keep paying whatever fees we charge them every month like clock work and get nothing in return. (much like they are all doing currently) Let's get rolling! lol

Seriously?
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Cripes. Gag me with a spoon (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/09/bravo-for-travel-pro.html).

A Life Aloft
09-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Cripes. Gag me with a spoon (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/09/bravo-for-travel-pro.html).Oh cripes.....you have to be kidding me. Gee, I wonder what the births will be like. lol

Unsaved Trash
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh cripes.....you have to be kidding me. Gee, I wonder what the births will be like. lol

I forgot about the "births." Thanks for reminding me of DoucheBag being a true cruise specialist and travel professional.

When I read the link last night, I was really dumbfounded and speechless. How often does that happen? Never.

How can DoucheBag Doug Bauknight put together a FAM in the first place? He is not a tour operator nor does he work for a cruise line. He could put together a group cruise and offer Mancini, one of the biggest sell-outs in the industry as a paid speaker, but it still can't be a FAM. Possibly Dr. Marc Mancini should join the ranks of Dr. Charles King in endorsing every sleazy MLM out there. Should he book NCL as mentioned on John's blog, then how is he going to sell it? He cannot book it through YTB since NCL is one of the few vendors with a conscious that banned YTB from selling their product. But maybe the good Dr. Mancini has made a deal to not only get paid (if there is any interest in the cruise) but will go for free and book it through a host agency of his own choice which would bypass YTB. He could then share the commissions with DoucheBag Doug. My recommendation to DoucheBag Doug is to give up his dream of being a travel agent and just become an online ZamZuu mall owner. He was dumb enough to buy into it before they gave it away for free, so at least he has a vested interest in it. I'm also sure that he'll be hawking the new offers from YTB/ZamZuu and selling the supplements. Hopefully they will offer lithium. I wonder if they have a supplement for integrity?

I also found this quite entertaining:

The biggest difference for me during this year’s goals setting was being sick and tired of all the crap. For the most part, I’ve always chosen to enjoy life. So much so, that I have a really hard time understanding why people feel this need to complain (on a daily basis no less) about what’s wrong.

One Lap At A Time… | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/09/07/one-lap-at-a-time/)

Then in this one he goes on his usual rant about how YTB/ZamZuu is being criticized and everyone that isn't a true believer is a confused, hateful, loser. Well DoucheBag, just remember, the financial statements don't lie and neither do yours. You were forced into bankruptcy and promised "to repay every penny." You didn't. You're still broke and still have that "MLM dream." Where has that gotten you? A one way trip to Loserville with a stop off at Broketown. And you're still complaining and still whining daily. A plagiarist and a hypocrite all rolled into one giant turd.

YTB International Reports 15% Increase | Just Picture It Now (http://www.justpictureitnow.com/2010/09/10/ytb-international-reports-15-percent-increase/)

BruceShuell
09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Doofus truly believes he is God's gift to the travel industry. His ego knows no bounds! If he's booking NCL it's via Pleasant Holidays - back end result - not directly w/NCL. He's copying that other chick who did that. And right Tom...it's not a FAM per se...but being the 'pro' he thinks he is - well to him it's a fam.

jwf21403
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, I imagine by calling it a FAM and having Mancini (and maybe CLIA) there, it makes for an easier sell becasue it is a write off as a training expense.

But in the end, it is a group cruise that will earn him commission if he sells any cabins.

Unsaved Trash
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Doofus truly believes he is God's gift to the travel industry. His ego knows no bounds! If he's booking NCL it's via Pleasant Holidays - back end result - not directly w/NCL. He's copying that other chick who did that. And right Tom...it's not a FAM per se...but being the 'pro' he thinks he is - well to him it's a fam.

DoucheBag Doug has an ego? Say it isn't so! Since he didn't know the difference between birth and berth, I wonder if he thinks a FAM is a Family Tour? That way he can take the wife and kids and totally tax deduct it (or so they used to claim).

The most amusing thing DoucheBag Doug ever said was that he was glad he left the "corporate world" for YTB. And what was his experience in the "corporate world?" He picked up golf balls, was a mobile DJ, and then installed stereo systems for Tweeter. Isn't that right up there with the CEO of AT&T? If I could ask DoucheBag one question, I'd ask, "Exactly what has YTB/ZamZuu done for you besides drive you into bankruptcy?" It's all about money and that's something they're never going to get. If YTB/ZamZuu's system worked, they wouldn't keep changing it and DoucheBag Doug won't keep having to defend it.

Seriously?
10-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Doug is promoting a new site. I wonder if the Auxiliary knows what they've gotten into?

jwf21403
10-01-2010, 09:05 PM
What do you guys think?

I was reading this Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148682168484352&v=wall&ref=ts) and began to recall my posts abotu the numbers never jiving and came up with these thoughts on the blog (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/10/has-ytb-been-skimming-from-ther-rtas.html).

I would love for a RTA to ask some tough questions and demand some proof with the answerrs

Mike!
10-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Well that's interesting, to say the least. I think you may be on to something there John! What the RTA's don't know can cost them...

littleroundman
10-02-2010, 11:41 PM
What do you guys think?

I was reading this Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148682168484352&v=wall&ref=ts) and began to recall my posts abotu the numbers never jiving and came up with these thoughts on the blog (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/10/has-ytb-been-skimming-from-ther-rtas.html).

I would love for a RTA to ask some tough questions and demand some proof with the answerrs

What would make anything think there's only one "scam" aspect of YTB ???

Is there ever honour among thieves ???

Is there anything more sad than watching scammers scamming scammers ???

"Lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas" and all that.

Mike!
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
What would make anything think there's only one "scam" aspect of YTB ???

Is there ever honour among thieves ???

Is there anything more sad than watching scammers scamming scammers ???

"Lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas" and all that.

Sad or fun and entertaining? When you've been trying to warn the sheep that there are wolves in their midst for years and all they keep saying back to you is, "No, they aren't wolves, they're just like us and we love them and they love us, blah blah blah." And then the wolves start picking the sheep off one by one and the sheep are still saying the same thing again and again, it's hard to see it as sad. It's like telling someone setting up camp on a railroad track is a bad idea and they say, "No, I feel safe between these rails, what could happen?" And them being surprized when a train is barreling down on top of them. :RpS_scared:
You feel bad for them, but it's not really sad, you told them time and again not to do it.

Undercover Brother
10-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Mike,

Great post. I would have to say that in my last year of studying MLM, the thing I find the most fascinating, is the new member's misinterpretation of the relationship they have with other members of their pyramid. They throw around the word "love" to their upline and downline on Facebook and blogs ad nauseum, to the point where they clearly don't know what the word means anymore.

People, these "leaders" don't love you. They love your auto-ship dollars, and they love your naivete.

UB

Mike!
10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow, I don't know why John didn't post this tidbit here yet, but I sure will...
YTB has been dropped by the DSA!!!
MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix (http://www.notravelmlms.blogspot.com/)

jwf21403
10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Just found out about it the other day. Shoudl have some interesting posts in the next few days. We don;t need no stinking DSA.

Also heard that the directors are not happy with the new new new comp plan and it will be changing yet again. Seems like in order to make the money they want, they need to sell product and they do not want to do that. So look for a rvision that will reduce/eliminate personally sold stuff once you hit a certain level.

This new plan is moving exactly to the plan that got them in trouble with CA. And knowing that CA will not pursue it to a courtroom, they may be willing to take the gamble (and the money). Hey $1M might be worth it.

Mike!
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Is this the Kia to keeping YTB afloat?

Kia Dealership Moving to Wood River
The east end of Wood River continues to grow, and will soon have another new car dealership opening its doors. The city council has approved an economic incentive agreement with Zeiser Motors - a Kia dealership that currently sells out of Florissant and St. Peters, Missouri. The new location will be in the YTB complex on Route 143.

Michael Feinstein, General Manager of the Zeiser Automotive Group, says they will be hiring locally.
He says the location on 143 near the 255 interchange was a major factor in choosing Wood River to expand into the Metro East. Work on the building will begin soon, with a completion date set for around the New Year. Kia manufactures eleven different car models.

www.riverbender.com

jwf21403
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, and you read it first at No Travel MLMs back in April! I had a piece on this last night MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix: We Are Good! (http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/2010/10/we-are-good.html)

Kia to the rescue...maybe. But YTB had to pay then $480K to do it.

BruceShuell
10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Where is TYB getting almost half a mil to pay KIA? I bet they paid at least that to get those directors back.....

Mike!
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
More local coverage...

Kia dealership coming to Wood River | river, wood, new - Local News - The Telegraph (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/river-45631-wood-new.html)

Malique2
10-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Nothing better than watching YTB fall apart. When you have to pay someone to move into your place, you know you have hit a all time low!

Seriously?
10-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Well, at least there will be more cars in the parking lot...

Unsaved Trash
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Kim just announced the dates of FunShine next year. It's on April 4 and 5th. But due to the "poor economy," it's not the event of past FunShines. This one will be a virtual FunShine so you don't have to blow $1,200 to $1,400 on this "event" in Florida. No, now you can PAY the low, low rate of only $10 to watch it on your computer. And he makes it sound so exciting too.

Mike!
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Some interesting news over on John's blog...
Seems somebody missed a payment or two,
or three
Or four?
More?

Including something else I found extra funny, long time followers of YTB/ScamZoo will remember the fun we had a while back with, "YFB", or "Your Funeral Biz"... Well, you gotta give the Zombies credit when it comes to capitalizing on a captive audience.:RpS_scared:

"Although the office is closed, there is still an opportunity to push the Zam Zuu opportunity. I am pushing mine at a family funeral."

:RpS_thumbsup:

Unsaved Trash
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Some interesting news over on John's blog...
Seems somebody missed a payment or two,
or three
Or four?
More?

Including something else I found extra funny, long time followers of YTB/ScamZoo will remember the fun we had a while back with, "YFB", or "Your Funeral Biz"... Well, you gotta give the Zombies credit when it comes to capitalizing on a captive audience.:RpS_scared:

:RpS_thumbsup:

A few of us are still trying to figure out why they don't have any Seller of Travel numbers on their bookings any longer. I'm stumped. Mike, you should drive over there and ask Coochie or Kim. While you're there, hit on Kim's daughter. She's a babe.

Mike!
01-27-2011, 12:05 AM
You said it!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XX3NKAVAL._AA160_.jpg

Seriously?
01-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Well, they had the great Winter Warm-up Sail-a-thon Thursday night... Not much activity on Kim's FB page that evening and no report on the couple of cruises they may have sold...

Wow, though, I want to be a Travel All Star.

Not.

Seriously?
02-03-2011, 08:21 AM
John (http://www.notravelmlms.blogspot.com/) has a good summary today of what a dismal opportunity this scam is... what is it that people don't get? (OK, rhetorical question.)

A Life Aloft
02-04-2011, 02:09 AM
OMG! This so cracked me up:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eHzLCV2RSqc/TTtBKbQ_igI/AAAAAAAAChI/4kp_v9uDyu4/s1600/zamzuufuneral.jpg

Malique2
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Thought I would drop in to say hello, yeah I'm still around. I just have alot going on right now, and the Scam Zoo opportunity has dropped out of site for many of my relatives that were in it. Unfortunately the scammers that started the whole push are still in it. At least the joint that they used to throw their parties at finally closed down. I think they were eating them out of business, since they had their meetings on the day that the food was free. :Fiddler:

Mike!
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Thought I would drop in to say hello, yeah I'm still around. I just have alot going on right now, and the Scam Zoo opportunity has dropped out of site for many of my relatives that were in it. Unfortunately the scammers that started the whole push are still in it. At least the joint that they used to throw their parties at finally closed down. I think they were eating them out of business, since they had their meetings on the day that the food was free. :Fiddler:

Hey Mal, nice of you to drop by! :RpS_thumbup:

Gotta feel for the folk that had the restaurant (Unless they were Scam-zooers themselves), another victim of MLM piggish greed.

:RpS_cursing:

Unsaved Trash
02-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Nice to see you join us again, Malique. And I know you're not happy that Funshine won't be a physical event you can attend this year down there in FL. I guess you'll have to accept the fact that your plaid Bermudas and plastic flip-flops will remain in your chest of cabana clothes. We all know how much you were looking forward to it again and snapping those pics for your photo album.

Speaking of recruiting, it seems that our little pal, DoucheBag Bankrupt Doug Bauknight and Rhonda aren't following through with all of their plans.

YTB Georgia Permanent Events

Every Monday 7:30PM
A & A Rose's Driving School-Conf Room
268 W. Main Street
Buford, GA 30518
Doug & Ronda Bauknight & Bob & Kathy Williams *

When I called the school, they said the conference room was open, available, and hadn't been scheduled by the Douche (or anyone) in over a year. Can't find Bob and Kathy Williams still listed with YTB. I wonder why?

*YTB Georgia Permanent Events (http://www.theytb.com/ytb-meetings/ga/gaperm/)

Malique2
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey Mal, nice of you to drop by! :RpS_thumbup:

Gotta feel for the folk that had the restaurant (Unless they were Scam-zooers themselves), another victim of MLM piggish greed.

:RpS_cursing:

Nope it was a staple in the city for many many years. I remember going there when I was a kid. Unfortunately they had their parties there on the free app night. I went there with a bunch of guys from work and low and behold , they were there as well. Then the next thing I know, shut down. lol

Malique2
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice to see you join us again, Malique. And I know you're not happy that Funshine won't be a physical event you can attend this year down there in FL. I guess you'll have to accept the fact that your plaid Bermudas and plastic flip-flops will remain in your chest of cabana clothes. We all know how much you were looking forward to it again and snapping those pics for your photo album.

Speaking of recruiting, it seems that our little pal, DoucheBag Bankrupt Doug Bauknight and Rhonda aren't following through with all of their plans.

When I called the school, they said the conference room was open, available, and hadn't been scheduled by the Douche (or anyone) in over a year. Can't find Bob and Kathy Williams still listed with YTB. I wonder why?

*YTB Georgia Permanent Events (http://www.theytb.com/ytb-meetings/ga/gaperm/)

Unfortunately I made my trip down to Florida last month. But everytime I drive by the Gaylord, I can't help but laugh. It was fun when I was there, just walking around taking pics, then being told I didn't go there or didn't know what I was talking about, until I posted those lovely pictures showing thousands of tags sitting at the booth. And almost nobody being in the merchandise section. :RpS_laugh:

Mike!
02-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Local forclosure listings... Note the first name listed under Jan 6...

Recent foreclosure cases filed in Madison County | madison, cases, filed - The Telegraph (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/madison-50311-cases-filed.html)

Mike!
04-13-2011, 10:50 PM
YTB is no longer in the "travel business", at least not according to the settlement with the State of Illinois...
State settlement places rules on YTB | company, ytb, settlement - The Telegraph (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/company-52791-ytb-settlement.html)

littleroundman
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/zamzuucostings.jpg

ZamZuu Scam - Repspace (http://repspace.com/forums/t/2103.aspx)

Whip
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I can't believe that scam is still going. It was proven on another board that there is no incentive to buy their crap as real companies were offering better discounts direct to customers.

Malique2
12-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey all...yes I'm still around and laughing at this whole SCam Zoo and YTB garbage. A couple members of my family that were recentl top earners have dropped out of the scam due to "not making any more money", imagine that. But it's nice to see that awesome stock price skyrocketting and the ole Crotch making good on his promise of 10000 millionaires!!! Times running out on yah you old fart!

littleroundman
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
YTB International Announces Merger Agreement in Principle

WOOD RIVER, IL, Mar 12, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- YTB International, Inc. (pinksheets:YTBLA) ("YTB" or the "Company"), a provider of e-commerce business solutions for individual consumers and home-based independent representatives in the United States, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and Canada, announced on Saturday, March 10, 2012, that the Company has reached an agreement in principle to merge with LTS Nutraceuticals, Inc. (which shall be renamed LTS International, Inc. upon consummation of the merger) ("LTS").

The parties intend for YTB to be the survivor in a merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of LTS. YTB will continue to operate as a standalone company focusing on the sale of travel businesses as it has done for over 10 years.

LTS focuses on "people helping people" by developing breakthrough nutritional products that promote positive change and lifelong transformation. LTS markets its products through multiple channels; including retail, direct sales (direct to consumer via TV, radio, Web and mail) and a new and improved form of person-to-person selling, commonly known as network or multi-level marketing.

The proposed merger would result in substantial cost savings and efficiencies allowing the Company to continue its plan for growth and global expansion. LTS has been approved to operate in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan and will be a great resource as YTB seeks to expand its business into Asia.

Consummation of the transaction is subject to customary conditions and approvals, including ratification of the Board of Directors for YTB and LTS, shareholder approval of the Company and applicable regulatory approvals.

J. Scott Tomer, Chairman of the Board of YTB International, Inc., commented, "We are very excited about the new global capacity that this potential merger agreement could bring to our business. Two companies working together to individually strengthen their own products and services is a first for our industry, and we're excited to be a part of it."

About YTB International YTB International, Inc. was recognized as the 34th largest seller of travel in the U.S. in Travel Weekly's 2011 Power List, based on 2010 annual retail value of travel services booked. YTB is a leading marketer and provider of internet-based business solutions offering travel-related services as well as shopping opportunities through 710 affiliate stores and 19 featured stores in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and the Bahamas. The Company operates through two wholly-owned subsidiaries: YTB, Inc. (formerly ZamZuu, Inc., YTB Marketing, Inc. and YourTravelBiz.com, Inc.) and YTB Travel Network, Inc.

Learn more about YTB at YTB (http://www.ytb.com) or YTB International, Inc. - Welcome (http://www.ytbi.com) .

About LTS Nutraceuticals, Inc. Headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, LTS Nutraceuticals, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets and distributes an expanding line of unique, high-quality vitamins, vitamin boosters, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals. The products are sold throughout North America through two marketing channels: direct selling utilizing Inline Marketing(TM) to introduce products to the consumer and marketing products through national retail, drug and grocery chains and club stores.

More information about the Company, visit: HostMonster (http://www.LTSNinc.com)

Certain matters set forth in this news release may contain forward-looking statements. However, such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in such statements. For a discussion of certain factors that may cause such forward-looking statements to differ materially from the Company's actual results, see the Company's reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequently occurring events or circumstances.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ytb-international-announces-merger-agreement-in-principle-2012-03-12 (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ytb-international-announces-merger-agreement-in-principle-2012-03-12)

Whip
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Guess their scamzoo failed to save them.

littleroundman
06-07-2012, 08:29 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/ytb.jpg

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ytb-71273-company-cauthen.html (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ytb-71273-company-cauthen.html)

kschang
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
FWIW, a former YTB guy was found linked to the TVI Express scam:

Kasey's Korner: TVI Express announced partnership with ex-pyramid member (http://kschang.blogspot.com/2011/04/tvi-express-announced-partnership-with.html)

littleroundman
07-03-2012, 09:03 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/Scams/tomerfacebook.jpg

CoachTomer announces his bankruptcy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CoachTomer)

Whip
07-03-2012, 10:16 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/Scams/tomerfacebook.jpg

CoachTomer announces his bankruptcy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CoachTomer)

Following in 'throw Rhonda under the bus's footsteps.

Malique2
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Following in 'throw Rhonda under the bus's footsteps.

Funny ****! Just like Dougie did! But hey we have a few hundred millionaires around the corner even if the CEO has to file Bankruptcy!!! LOL....

You people are ******* idiots~~~