PDA

View Full Version : Vigorsol--The Legend.

Theophilus
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Here is a very funny video I found...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1E2FuZdtYE

A Life Aloft
01-17-2011, 01:12 AM
ROTFL! Got to admit.....never seen a farting squirrel before!

littleroundman
01-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Squirrels are not native to Oz and no one has yet imported Vigorsol.

Thank heaven for small mercies, apparently.

A Life Aloft
01-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Squirrels are not native to Oz and no one has yet imported Vigorsol.

Thank heaven for small mercies, apparently.But you have these amazing little buggers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD66Z5Qb74

littleroundman
01-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Ah, yes,

frilled neck lizards, the "Broker Jones" of the Australian outback.

All show and no "go"

Nothing larger than a cockroach is afraid of them.

A Life Aloft
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I have always really liked lizards. All kinds, all sizes. Hate snakes though. I hear some people keep the Frills as "pets". I'd love to have a large terrarium out on my sun room someday with some chameleons and a few lizards and tree frogs, waterfall and tropical plants set up, bamboo, etc. The frills are really interesting, especially how fast they are able to run upright on their back legs and how stable they are doing so. That always fascinates me. I like dinosaurs also, so that is related to my love of all things lizards I guess. You can just see the "prehistoric" in them to this day.

littleroundman
01-17-2011, 10:18 PM
You'd love the "Thorny Devil" then:

They're actually quite small, and able to remain absolutely motionless for long periods of time.

I knew a woman who used to keep one on her lapel as a brooch at times.

The only indicator it was alive was that it would very occasionally move its' eyes.

A Life Aloft
01-18-2011, 02:14 AM
See, this is exactly why lizards are so marvelous. I am going to look that little guy up and read about it as I am not familiar with him at all. Lizards have survived all this time and changed so little, have outlived and survived or so many other species and can't you just see the wonderful evolution at play here? So many of them remind me of their much larger and more primitive counterparts that once dominated our planet. That's quite the "protection" from his enemies isn't it? In looking on the National Geo site just now I see those conical thorns are mainly used take rainwater and channel it into grooves in the skin that then take the water to the lizards mouth. You gotta love evolution and such wonderful specialization/adaptation.