PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Scam-buster from NY

Petersen
02-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Scam-buster from NY here. I wish I had discovered this place sooner. There are few things I love as much as seeing scammers getting exposed. It's disturbing the degree to which social media is overrun with MLM scammers and all sorts of other cons these days. It's a good thing that social media is also a great way to warn people about MLM.

I feel like I need a better strategy for dealing with this sort of thing, since it seems MLM pushers continue to infiltrate my social circle and important causes/groups I belong to. I have a zero tolerance policy for this sort of thing and quickly unfollow/block MLM zealots, besides frequently posting educational materials warning people about the dangers of MLM. Sadly, too many people have to learn the hard way to stay far away from these MLM parasites.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has had similar experiences.

Soapboxmom
02-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard!

ribshaw
02-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Welcome, I'm having some friends over Thursday and would like to get your opinion on an innovative new busin:RpS_sneaky:ss.

I feel like I need a better strategy for dealing with this sort of thing, since it seems MLM pushers continue to infiltrate my social circle and important causes/groups I belong to.

Why not infiltrate your online social circle with a fake yet eager to make money profile and keep a blog about the magical opportunities presented to your alter ego. Keeps you somewhat clean professionally speaking yet allows good times to be had by all.

Petersen
02-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Welcome, I'm having some friends over Thursday and would like to get your opinion on an innovative new busin:RpS_sneaky:ss.

Why not infiltrate your online social circle with a fake yet eager to make money profile and keep a blog about the magical opportunities presented to your alter ego. Keeps you somewhat clean professionally speaking yet allows good times to be had by all.

Great idea! I've thought about doing something like that and in fact have done similar things in the past to expose other scams. If I had time, I'd probably do that, but I'll stick to warning others, and maybe throw in a few anti-MLM songs every now and then. Thanks for the advice Ribshaw, and what a cool place this is.

ribshaw
02-09-2016, 11:25 PM
and maybe throw in a few anti-MLM songs every now and then.

Can't wait!!! Hope you get more "dislikes" than this fellow, its a sure sign you have a top 10 hit on your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hogR9V5G8