PDA

View Full Version : YourNight.com is now ZINGSocial.com

mumei101
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I know some of the admins on this site will be familliar with YourNight.com as we had a large thread over on Scam.com about it, with the usual one post wonders and affiliate link lovers defending the "next level of social networking" site claiming it will be as big as Google (..you watch!)

It has changed now, or shall I say replaced with ZINGSocial.com.
Of course the owners of YourNight.com are claiming its a "change" but changing the name, the URL and the actual product is in reality starting again, because the business model of YourNight.com was unsustainable. (i.e. they ran out of new recruits to pay the Gold members with).

It comes as no surprise that ZINGSocial.com has an almost identical and equally unsustainable payout plan as its predessesor, since becoming a GOLD member requires a $10 registration fee, with no other apparent sources of income. The product is of no use (a portal to multiple social networking sites, apparently) meaning this is most likely another Ponzi disguised as "the next level of social networking" - their words, not mine.

Watch out.

GlimDropper
01-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Howdy Mumei, it's been too long.

We are now just hours away from the much anticipated launch of ZING Social and I'm sure I speak for the entire internet when I say we just can't wait. The way I see it the major drawback of social networks like Facebook is that there just isn't enough spam and what better way to insure the user experience is wall to wall get rich quick pitches than to form a social network exclusively of pyramid scheme promoters. Just imagine how Zing Social will impact our collective lexicons. Instead of "friend requests" we'll have "downline solicitations." "FastCash2010 is now in your network, click here to view FastCash2010's marketing opportunities." When a Zing Social affiliate acts in a particularly embarrassing manner their upline sponsor will turn to their friends and say "he's not a direct referral, he's just spill over from the matrix."

Just an hour and a half till Zing launches. I can't wait to see how triangular their comp plan looks.

GlimDropper
01-15-2011, 03:41 PM
First, let me apologize for keeping you all hanging, waiting for the update on ZingSocial.com. :RpS_laugh:

I've noticed a trend in the last few years, all these sites trying to "monetize" social networking have something in common, they all hire really lousy web designers. The ZS domain was registered near three months ago and in all that time they couldn't come up with a more eye pleasing layout or an intuitive navigation system and that's not to mention all the 404 errors. They've been hyping this for months and anyone not motivated by greed has to be disappointed with the site. It's obvious ZingSocial isn't even attempting to compete with the established social networks on an ease of use or an aesthetic level. Why should they, they're a pyramid scheme.

So what's the comp plan? I really can't tell you. No I didn't sign some NDA or anything like that it's just that they don't seem willing to give that information to lowly free members such as myself. Actually, it's part of their marketing strategy.

1. Free Members of all ages who just want to socialize, connect with friends and family and share photo’s, memories and communicate. These people are the masses and are not interested in making money. In fact, they are easily offended by the thought of selling something and the terms Network Marketing or MLM’s, TURN THEM OFF! They will NOT participate in any type of Affiliate Program…..Period! Yet they socialize, shop on line, play games and love to interact on the Internet. They ARE the primary focus and customer base of who ZingSocial.com is trying to attract.

I salute their grasp of basic reality, no one wants to join a social network of hustling hype merchants and affiliate link whores so ZS pretends not to be exactly that. "Pretends" might be too strong a word, the charade is fairly laughable. Notice that the free members who might be "turned off" by the marketing opportunity are still refereed to as the primary customers.

In a video on ZS's YouTube channel company President Verne Packer extols the virtues of the network in general and their privacy policy in specific. His words, as best as I could transcribe them (they seem reluctant to put too much into writing) were:

We do not sell your personal information to marketing companies or provide information to third parties who are not directly connected to the service we provide you.

Or said another way, Zing Social will sell your personal information to marketing companies and third parties who are connected to the service they provide you. It's part of what the paying members are paying for, the ability to market to the free members.

The paid memberships come in two levels, $9.95 and $19.95 per month and again, without a written copy of the compensation plan it's difficult to see the exact breakdown but ZingSocial's official YouTube channel provides this charming little video (http://www.youtube.com/user/zingsocial#p/u/5/GpJ4Sj5uzP8) which shows that if you sponsor just five paying members (not sure which pay level) and your five paying members sponsor five more paying members each, you can earn $87,897 (and fifty cents) plus bonuses, EACH MONTH. Now that video is less than clear, if you recruit five people and they all recruit five people that looks a lot like thirty people to me but the video, without explanation charts that out through seven levels and lists the total number of referrals to earn 89k/month as 78,125. So if you can directly and indirectly induce the better part of 80,000 people to spend $10 to $20 a month, they'll pay you the better part of $90k/month (plus bonuses).

I've sorta lost track of how many get rich quick social networking pyramid schemes have come and gone in the last few years. If mumei stumbles back through perhaps we can remind each other. And to all the ZINGSocial affiliates and promoters out there, when ZING implodes or just withers away, don't worry. By that time there will be several new social networking pyramid schemes to buy into and promote.

mumei101
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the reply GlimDropper,

From memory the only name I can recall is HelloHello.net which also tried to monetize social networking. Remember reading some funny posts about how it was going to rival Facebook and MySpace. Its not there anymore, been replaced by some kind of profile.

I can think of tons of other different programs that claimed to revolutionise some part of the Internet by attaching a pyramid pay-plan to it- such as Tazoodle which put a payout plan on a search engine (which was going to be bigger than Google) and remember BuzzBot which.... what the hell was BuzzBot again? Some nightmarish concoction that allowed people to write about websites? (and also claimed it was going to be bigger than Google)

Oh and everything Paul Birdsall has ever created or had involvement with.

The running theme with all these opportunities, other than claiming to rival Google, was they were all poorly deisgned as you pointed out. Scammers just dont get web design I guess! Attaching pyramid pay plans to "social networking sites" (or "portals") seems to be the "in" thing at the moment, so expect the next one to pop up any time soon.

GlimDropper
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah, the good old Buzzbot. It's hard to find someone all completely full of crap as Robert Kuntz, the amazing thing is he pulled in some money on that scam. I'd never say he was a good lair but he was effective. 95% of the people who heard his pitch knew right away it was a scam but the remaining 5% had more dollars than sense. Robert saw a market and exploited it. What's Mr.Kuntz up to these days? Have "flutterbucks" flow the coop yet?

HelloHello went GoodbyeGoodbye almost before it opened. Kinda sad, we never even needed to spill most of the dirt we dug up on Anthony Initni. Who knows, if he ever surfaces again we can recycle some of his trash. Blastoff network was more of a shopping portal but aspired to social networking. I never bothered much with PeopleString but some of their spam was "social" blah blah. There are a few others I half remember but are probably best forgotten.

Anyway, back to ZingSocial. After yesterday's much anticipated launch the sites been down every time I tired it today. A few of the flogs boasted the site got 1,000,000 hits in the first five minutes and THAT'S why it's offline. Perhaps they'll use the downtime to fix all the 404 errors they were giving yesterday. But the website being down didn't keep them from spamming me, I am now a member of something called the "Your Site Name affiliate program." No, I am not making that up. It looks like completely generic iDevAffiliate spam where they didn't even bother to customize the name fields other than to put their own return e-mail address on it. I'm afraid ZingSocial might end up making the people behind HelloHello look technically savvy by comparison.

Oh, one slight correction from my previous post. I may have been wrong in calling the YouTube channel I linked to above the "official" youtube channel. I'm still not sure but it might just be one of their early affiliates who never bothered to read their terms and conditions page. Either way the quote from the companies president was from his own words so I suspect they're company policy.

mumei101
01-17-2011, 09:01 AM
A million hits in 5 minutes eh?
Why do the claims made by such trash sites get more unrealistic everyday?
A million hits and they would have an Alexa ranking far greater than 343,000 and more Google hits than 4000.
And any site which could market a damn could probably push my anti-scam site from the top ten Google hits for the URL, yet there is sits, 4th place for both .co.uk and .com Google sites.

Aah you pulled some more nostalgia hits out there GlimDropper, I had forgotton about PeopleString. I'd like to forget BlastOff and its ridiculous claims. Maybe we should change this thread to the Nostalgia thread LOL, or TV Gold. :)

Well I guess there is nothing else to do than sit back and wait for the next load of bull deriving from ZingSocial.com. I wonder when they will claim to have made their first "millionnaire" ?

GlimDropper
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Let's see, ZingSocial's website was launched last Saturday. Now I don't rightly know how many hours the site was up but for the last three days all it tells you is:

Your ZING experience will be starting soon!

We thank all our users for their patience.
We have added more hardware for you!! Be back shortly!

Admittedly this may be an unwarranted assumption but I have a hard time believing they could screw up the technical aspects of a site launch this badly. They've had three months to work on what isn't in any way an impressive website. Hell three chimpanzees with a HandShakes license could pull it off in less time.

I have half a hunch and it's only that, the problem may be more behind the scenes. The three most important things in real estate are location, location and location. The three most important things in a pyramid scheme are position, position and position. Broker Jones's Oceanside Wealth (the 2008 version, not the 2009 one) was crippled from launch do to certain members gaining an undue advantage by being added to the matrix prematurely. This lead to some heavy hitters leaving and denouncing the program to their vast e-mail downlines and while the program limped along for a few months they never did rip off nearly as many people as they'd hoped. Is something similar happening at Zing? It's impossible at this point to know but something is very wrong and if the issues are technical in nature then the level of incompetence here is astounding.

GlimDropper
01-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Well, Zing Social is up and running. I'd like to revise my previous complaints about the aesthetics and utility of the website, but can find little reason to. It is running smoother than it was on it's launch date, so give them credit for that. I'm trying to view the site from an unbiased, free user perspective and will admit that's a little hard for me. But I can't really see any reason to maintain a membership on that site if I wasn't hoping to get paid, there just isn't really anything to do there. I'll simply restate my previous observation, Zing is not trying to compete with the other social networks on aesthetics or usability.

It kinda bugs me that they don't make the details of their compensation plan public. I'm not sure why that is but that sort of lack of transparency doesn't bode too well. They claim to be a "pending" member of the Direct Selling Association and while the DSA isn't too much of a gold standard endorsements wise I never recall having any trouble finding specific details of compensation plans on the official websites of any of their members before. I wonder how long Zing's DSA membership will be "pending"?

Zing seems to be using BoonEx scripts for the site and it's functions, it's a good choice depending on what license they purchased and the skill level of their tech team. But it seems like they either aren't paying enough for BoonEx support or paying their in house team too much for what they deliver. I've seen some great Orca forums, light weight, low impact but fully functioned. Zing's orca forum has a feature set that compares favorably to a 15 year old UseNet reader. It's a forum only a spammer could love.

Speaking of which, before I even had a chance to view ZS I supposed that it would be awash in spam and dodgy get rich quick pitches. "How unfair of you Glim, judging a service without investigating the matter for yourself." OK, let's be fair to ZS, there are as we speak 83 topics on their forum and of all of those I'd call four of them conversational topics, about ten more which are biz op spam but not in a way that seems to violate any rules there. That leaves 68 topics which are simply spam repetitions of each other. Scorecard, Spam, Check.

So what sort of biz ops are the Zing Socialites sharing with each other? Matrix pyramid scams, ponzi scams and a number of affiliate marketing programs I've never seen since the time I started using a spam filter on my e-mail. A few highlights:

The Buzz begins...Zubie has Launched!!
Listen closely...they DROPPED the sponsoring
requirement!!!
Take a look at the site, and see if you want to join.
The sooner you sign up, the higher you will be in
my matrix (2x10 forced matrix with spilover)
Those who CAN bring folks in, definitely DO! It
will make your matrix grow MUCH faster. Those
who can NOT, when you get two spillover, those
will count for your two!
Also, weather you sponsor those first two or not,
you will get paid 30 bucks monthly on them.
The site looks good, and this thing definitely has
a buzz to it! Who knows, it could go viral, and we
are at the top!
THE ONLY MINIMUM CASHOUT IS -

ALERTPAYS $1 Minimum! Daily Payouts!!

The plan is a 2x10 forced matrix We Pay A WHopping 50% on level one so With just 2 people on your frontline your monthly membership is now free! Help those to get 2 and your on your way to $7126.80 Every Month We reward the sponsors,Team Leaders & recruitters by paying a handsome 20% on level 10!
Join Today and build your Team!!!

Fully Made AutoSurf Websites

Description

Everyone seems to have their own site these days, and why shouldn't you? Our sites come totally ready-to-go, everything has already been installed and set up and you will get 1 YEAR free hosting with your purchase! You could be running your own site within minutes, and for the amazingly low price of just $20!

Sites are Online and Ready-to-Go
Domain Included
1 Years Free Hosting Included
99.95% Uptime Guarantee
cPanel hosting
Professional Support
Free Advertising for your Site

Auto-Surf Sites
Our auto-surf sites are top of the line, registered members can surf and click ads to earn credits and/or cash, advertise their websites and affiliate programs, refer other members for bonuses, and more.
Site owners get paid directly to their alertpay or paypal accounts for membership upgrades, selling credits, banners and text ads.
Sites are great for going viral with affiliate links for all members to build downlines for free credits etc, You control the settings.

Need more Info?

Please contact me for more information.

To ensure your earnings, you should participate in Club Asteria as best you can. Don’t just sit back and rely on others to do all the work for you. Asteria (http://www.club-asteria.com/index?refid=72956) CLUB ASTERIAYour Gateway to a Brighter Future!EARN 400$/RS.20, 000/- PER WEEKCLUB ASTERIA IS WORLD FIRST ONLINE PROGRAM FORHUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND RUN BY FORMER WORLDBANK DIRECTOR AN NON PROFIT ORGANIZATIONBE GOLD & GET 400$ PER WEEKAFTER 18 MONTHS WITHOUT DOING ANYTHINGCLUB ASTERIA AIM TO MAKE 1 MILLION FAMILIESFINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE WITH IN NEXT 5 YEARS.BE A PART OF GLOBAL REVENUE SHARING ORGANISATION20 DOLLARS MONTHLY FOR GOLD MEMBERSHIPYOU MAY JOIN FREE ON THIS LINK Asteria (http://www.club-asteria.com/index?refid=72956) Send your details for assistance to: aamir.9585@gmail.comor contact me at skypee id amanullah.sayeed1

Scorecard, dodgy get rich quick offers, Check.

Verne
02-03-2011, 05:27 AM
What is ZingSocial ?
Since the re-launch of ZingSocial.com many have asked to share my thoughts about the vision, mission and philosophy of what we are trying to accomplish with the "Next Generation of Social Networking". When we formed our vision we realized the world had embraced social media to the hundreds of millions of users. We all know the household names of great companies who have, in just a few short years, generated 600,000,000 free users who like to socialize connect, share photos and network through social media. We also know that many of those users have suffered from the lack of Privacy. Lost jobs, divorce, child suicide, embarrassment and yet many seem to care less about their privacy. Well, not everyone! And that's one reason we exist.
Our first two goals at ZingSocial.com are to protect your Privacy by providing a unique 5 in 1 Profile system that allows you to organize your Virtual Life the same way you do your real life. Is it not true that most would not tell certain people your intimate secrets or share embarrassing moments or family matters that just don't concern the rest of the world? If you do that's your business, but if you would not, then our 5 in 1 Profile System allows you to keep private those things you don't want the world to see. After viewing so many embarrassing things on other sites, many of which were posted by people I personally know I though there must be a better way. So we created the 5 in 1 Privacy Profile System so you choose who sees what.
Make it FREE! Any savvy internet user will tell you they can find and use anything they need on the internet for free. Okay, I buy that, but can you do it all in one place, with one log in? In most cases NO! So we have added features and benefits to our social media site that are FREE to use, but offer more than other social media sites. For instance our Widgets Page allows you to select from many mobile apps that you normally visit throughout the day but never have to leave our site. We have Forums to express your views and post meaningful information. We have Classifieds, Blogs, Photo & Video uploads, email, Wall, online chat, record and post video comments on Profile Walls. And all can be organized within your Friend, Family, Professional, Dating or Blogging Profiles. Now that's a first!
So if we protect your privacy by not selling your information, how do we make money? Even though everyone wants something for nothing, any business must generate income from selling something. Many sites mine your data, selling this information to advertisers, thus generating Advertising Revenue. Others create Subscription Revenue by creating added value services for a very low cost. Some just sell advertising because they have commanding positions in certain markets that advertisers want to reach. And finally, websites sell products to consumers at better prices than they can find on their own and have it shipped directly to their home. Our vision to create revenue has three parts. 1) Sell Gold and Platinum Memberships for Added Value Srevices, which combined you won't find elsewhere for the cost. 2) Sell Advertising to small businesses who can't get or can't afford, so therefore don't advertise at all. And 3) Sell products to consumers as a convenience for being a member of ZingSocial.com
By generating millions of FREE users with a better privacy / profile solution and better enhancements, we will certainly sell some of those people our membership services, advertising and products they need and want. We plan to be here a very long time by continually adding more features and benefits to ALL our users whether free or paid.
So what about your "Rewards" system and Affiliate Program?
Can anyone argue we are living in the worst financial economy the world has ever seen? I'm no economist, but everyone I personally know whether wealthy, middle income or poor has lost more in the last five years than ever before. We have staggering unemployment, massive home foreclosures, financial concerns with Wall Street and our own favorite Banks. Our nation's largest companies are holding Trillions of Dollars in Cash, yet will not create enough new jobs for people to support themselves and their families. Not my words, just repeating what I hear on the evening news.
The result is most people are looking to every new possible way to earn an income. Forced to make money or go broke people are trying to start new businesses, work from home, get second and third jobs, join new direct selling companies or do whatever they have to for survival. It's a sad time in American history when one investment banker / hedge fund manager can individually make Billions of Dollars in a single year while others call legitimate direct selling businesses a "Get Rich Scam". To Those I Say We Are Happy You Are So Blessed.
For the record, ZingSocial.com is first and foremost a FREE to USE, Social Media Site, who will earn its revenue the old fashion way. Our Success will come from Hard work, Honest and Ethical behavior and trying to provide a better service where people who choose to pay for services will do so willingly.
Yes, we pay cash rewards to those members who help promote and sell our site and membership services. Frankly, it helps people make some extra money while doing what they do anyway.....social networking. It's also a much better return on our investment than traditional marketing and advertising when you are trying to reach the entire global social media marketplace. Helping people, businesses, non-profits and spreading the word. It's that simple!
I address this issue for two reasons. First, our vision, mission and philosophy are NOT to be a Network Marketing, MLM or Direct Sales Organization. Yet at the same time we want to help those who help us by spreading the word through viral marketing. And there is NO COST to be an Affiliate of ZingSocial.com Our Goal is to be the "Next Generation of Social Networking".
The other reason I address this is because there are so many so-called social media sites that are offering huge cash incentives for "signing people up". Thus giving all new social media sites that offer rewards a bad name. SCAM, is not something ZingSocial.com is or will ever be and these other sites should be more aware of the FTC's view on the subject.
Because we have elected to reward our sales affiliates with cash incentives, we are also proud to be Pending Members of the Washington D.C. based Direct Selling Association (DSA) of which we subscribe to their Code of Ethics and evidenced on our own Landing Page. By the way, one must opt in to become an affiliate. We believe there is a large and reputable market for Direct Selling Companies and their products and services. We are working to become Full Members as soon as possible so we have at least attempted to separate our company from those other so-called social media "Get Rich Quick" scams! No offense intended.
As the CEO, I will continuously remind our users and subscribers of my position regarding any misrepresentation of our company, services or reward opportunities. We will strictly enforce our policies, terms of service, advertising and affiliate agreements, as we have no interest in being a feeding ground for anyone or business who does not have in mind the best interests of ZingSocial.com
ZingSocial.com has much to offer those looking for a different social media environment. One place to organize your virtual life, keep it private if you like, have many more features and benefits and yes, be rewarded by helping us spread the word. Legal, Honest, Ethical and Morally Focused is what makes great companies, so I wanted you to know where I stand as the CEO.
We appreciate your use of our site and services. We hope you will tell others and thank you for being part of the "Next Generation of Social Networking"!
God Bless,
Verne Packer, CEO

GlimDropper
02-03-2011, 09:21 PM
First and foremost, welcome to RealScam Mr.Packer. I both respect and appreciate you for coming here to comment on your company. A quick note of explanation for why your post didn't appear when you originally made it, like many internet forums we have a slight problem with spam and as was explained in your welcome PM if any of the first five posts you make on this forum contain a URL link, or as I now see, a text string ending in .com, it goes into a queue waiting for a moderator to approve it. You have my apologies for the delay in doing so.

Credit where it's due Sir, you are a fine salesman. I spent a few hours watching your video presentations and listening to your conference calls, you're a consummate professional. I remember a year or so back when I was looking at the old YourNight.com RJ Garbowicz was at the helm and in addition to what we could charitably refer to as resume puffery on his part he also had a few scrapes with the legal system which made him a fairly easy target. You sir on the other hand seem to be a respected member of your church and about the most derogatory thing I could find about you is that like a great number of other people, you were poorly positioned when the Florida real estate bubble burst.

I'd be tempted to ask how you got involved with yournight/zing social but if I can persuade you to return and comment I'd show a greater respect for your time in asking better questions than that. Your compensation plan would be a good place to start, is there a complete copy of it anywhere available to the public? I'm curious to see how similar it is to the old yournight comp plan which in my honest opinion would have run afoul of more than one regulatory body should they ever had taken notice of it. If you're at all curious why I might say such a thing please feel free to ask.

I haven't logged into my Zing Social account in a number of days. My account seems to have stopped working almost as if I had been banned from your service. I'm sure that's just a minor technical issue. But I am wondering if any of the observations I made in my previous post are still true. Is your forum still flooded with repetitious solicitations to join any number of shady if not outright illegal get rich quick schemes? Are people still using your classifieds section to sell autosurf ponzi websites? Is that the sort of social network you speak of in such glowing terms?

You take great pride in describing your privacy settings. How if you post something on your friends profile your boss can't see it on your professional profile or how your wife can read your family profile but not your dating profile. All very well and good. But I am hoping you could comment on something I posted a little further up in this thread. I watched a YouTube presentation you made and if I was able to quote you correctly I believe you said (at a little after the 1:05 mark on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHgShVSaUMk)):

We do not sell your personal information to marketing companies or provide information to third parties who are not directly connected to the service we provide you.

Now I might be something of a churlish skeptic but that sounds very much like you were not promising to not provide personal information to the people who were directly connected to the service you're providing (i.e. your paying members). Am I being a little overly cynical in my interpretation? Can you clearly and definitively state that your free member's e-mail addresses and the information they put in their various profiles is not in any way shared with the people who purchase upgraded memberships from your service?

And thank you again for paying us such a kind visit.

mumei101
02-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I watched "The Social Network" last week and one thing they said in the excellent Aaron Sorkin script that rung home was you cannot monetize a site too quickly otherwise it would "stop being cool".

In terms of schemes like this, it could not be more true. You haven't monetized the site to quickly, you've done it right off the bat, meaning not only is the site uncool, the only people it will attract is people looking to make money, either from Zing or from whatever they can flog on your forums and ads.
No one will join a [poorly designed, unattractive] site that is using this "gold/platimun level" business model because, boy, why would they?

You havent created the next generation of social networking. You havent even created a social network. You've created a breeding ground for the Internet underbelly looking to make a quick buck.

That sir, is the LAST place someone like me (a social network user) would trust my personal information and privacy settings.

Monetizeing a site off the bat like this doesn't work!

GlimDropper
02-09-2011, 12:44 AM
I regret that Mr.Packer hasn't been able to return for further comments, particularly about Zing Social's compensation plan. Again for some reason Zing doesn't seem to make those details readily available on their website, at least not to free or non members.

The old Yournight.com comp plan, for the most part worked as follows. You needed to be a "gold" member in order to earn anything, gold members paid $10/month for that privilege. You would earn $2/month for every person you directly recruited who also became a gold member. If you recruited at least 5 gold members, not only would their 5 $2 commissions pay your monthly membership fee but you also became an "Executive Gold" member. Executive gold members, in addition to the $2 payment for gold members they directly recruited would also receive 50 cents a month for every gold member recruited by their gold members. The 50 cents/month referral payments extended down your line of recruits seven levels deep. At one point the first 1,000 executive gold members were promised a full $1 per recruit on their seventh level, I'm not sure if that bonus was continued past the first 1,000 executive gold member or not.

I know ZingSocial added a $20/Month "Platinum" member level but outside of what I'd call second hand information I don't know what else about the compensation plan has changed after they switched the name from Yournight. But the second hand information seems to indicate that the basics of the comp plan are essentially the same. Zing Social affiliates have no product to sell and therefore no retail customers. Mr.Packer or any current Zing Social member is invited to correct me if I'm in error but with the possible exception of a few ad banners on their site I rather doubt ZS has any revenue at all that isn't directly derived from the fees their members pay in exchange for the right to profit from recruiting other paying members.

Gee, whatever could be wrong with that? It's clearly illegal for one thing, it's the textbook definition of a pyramid scheme:

Pyramid schemes are scams promoted by con artists as
money-making or wealth-sharing opportunities.
New members pay to join and are promised they will
make money by recruiting other members into the plan.
Pyramid schemes always fall apart because the pay-off
relies primarily on new recruits, and sooner or later, every
scheme runs out of new members. The only people who
might make money are the few scam artists who started
the pyramid in the first place. Most people who join never
receive any rewards or payment and are left with empty
promises.
That quote is taken from this pamphlet (http://www.dsa.org/ethics/nclpyramidschemebrochure.pdf) distributed by the Direct Seller's Association, and organization that Zing Social proudly proclaims it's pending membership in. That pamphlet also includes this quote:

Do you have to pay to sign
up? If so, are you paying just
for the right to recruit others
who will in turn pay a fee to
join the program? Or will the
money you make come from sales of products
or services to actual consumers? Ask for written
materials and review them carefully. Remember
that even if they look official, they may not be
accurate.If any Zing Social member would care to post an official copy of the pay plan they would have my thanks. I'd like to see how ZS affiliates earn money form anything other than recruiting more people who are paying for the opportunity to recruit still more people. Thanks in advance.

littleroundman
11-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I guess there wasn't quite as much "zing" in being "social" as people might have thought.

Here's a snapshot of the Zing Social.com (http://zingsocial.com) website taken on November 21, 2011:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/undermigrationmyass.jpg

and here's a report from August 16, 2011 saying the Zing Social (http://zingsocial.com) website had by then been in "under migration" mode for 3 weeks:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/oops-1.jpg

I think it's safe to say mumei101 called it right, and this scam died early, as predicted.

littleroundman
06-25-2013, 11:17 AM
He's B-A-A-A-C-K

hacksaw
06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
greaaaaaat