PDA

View Full Version : WHat's going on?

ProfHenryHiggins
07-09-2015, 11:24 PM
I've seen at least 3 outages of the site in the past two days or so. It looked (to my non-admin eye) to be DDoS attacks.
Does anyone know more?

littleroundman
07-09-2015, 11:50 PM
You're exactly right - it is a series of botswarm / DDoS attacks and protection kicking in, which limits the amount of users.

At one stage we had over 7000 "visitors" accessing the site in a matter of minutes

nomaxim
07-10-2015, 03:42 PM
I had problems 2-3 dozen times over the last two days.
Since it was happening from both home and work I kinda assumed it was a DDos related situation.

Someone is most likely unhappy about a thread. :RpS_smile:

ProfHenryHiggins
07-10-2015, 04:26 PM
If it was one of my threads, I would hazard a guess that it relates to the Cash Tracking System, as Van Irion spooked late on the 6th or early on the 7th of July, acting to try and destroy some of the evidence of his involvement and disguise it as being his wife's instead.

okosh
07-10-2015, 07:02 PM
If it was one of my threads, I would hazard a guess that it relates to the Cash Tracking System, as Van Irion spooked late on the 6th or early on the 7th of July, acting to try and destroy some of the evidence of his involvement and disguise it as being his wife's instead.

A ddos attack is like a warning at TG....It's a clear sign of the great job you doing and that you are making a difference..... :whip_the_worker:

E2014T
07-23-2015, 12:09 PM
It's amazing how many punk ass admins have resources beyond their level of wisdom. RS is their chance to rethink their behavior and use their skills for the good of the community. They aren't going to get the same chance in the traditional justice system.