PDA

View Full Version : Testimonials, Testimonials and More Testimonials

Soapboxmom
01-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I notice that MLMers have an alarming habit of patting each other on the rear quite profusely and publically. All of these testimonials should have a full name, company affiliation and e-mail address with them so that their veracity can be confirmed. I would caution folks giving them to be very specific about who can use them, where they can be used and for what time frame they may be used. In our litigious society I would hate to see innocent victims sued because scammers used their outdated testimonials without permission.

Soapboxmom

Whip
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Are you daring to accuse them of being 'anonymous trolls'?

Soapboxmom
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Are you daring to accuse them of being 'anonymous trolls'?
Absolutely! And even worse, some folks are horrified to find an old testimonial up for a business opportunity where they in fact suffered horrific losses. The testimonials of course were made while they were still unsuspecting starry-eyed recruits and hadn't yet realized they had been defrauded. This can put them in legal jeopardy as it appears online that they are endorsing a business or scammer when they aren't even aware their name and story is still being used. :RpS_ohmy:

Soapboxmom

Unsaved Trash
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Absolutely! And even worse, some folks are horrified to find an old testimonial up for a business opportunity where they in fact suffered horrific losses. The testimonials of course were made while they were still unsuspecting starry-eyed recruits and hadn't yet realized they had been defrauded. This can put them in legal jeopardy as it appears online that they are endorsing a business or scammer when they aren't even aware their name and story is still being used. :RpS_ohmy:

Soapboxmom

You mean like the ones Jack "the Weasel" Weinzierl has on his website Jack Weinzierl | jackweinzierl.com (http://www.jackweinzierl.com?) I noticed a couple were already yanked since yesterday and I'm sure there are more to come. I wonder how many of those people wrote those years ago? I can't find most of them anywhere on the internet. I guess they made gazillions of dollars and moved out of the country and to some private island. Yeah, that's what happened and that's also why Jack "the Weasel" Weinzierl is broke.

Soapboxmom
01-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I have talked to reps that spent months fighting to get old testimonials removed from various sites across the net. Keeping up what are now bogus testimonials is so incredibly dishonest. If reps or customers no longer want them up their removal request should be honored immediately! Testimonials shouldn't be put up on subsequent occasions without reaffirming that the individual making the statements is still wishing their name and testimonial be used.

Companies and reps using testimonials without approval should be held accountable as later victims who relied on those bogus testimonials can be harmed. The authorities like the FTC and AGs offices and experienced litigators need to step in to help those harmed by this misleading form of advertising. Testimonials that are legitimate will have a full name, e-mail address and other information that will authenticate them.

Soapboxmom