PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams Dies

Beacon
08-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Sorry to see his passing. I feel sorry he seemed to suffer from such problems of depression and drug abuse. His death was a consequence of this. I dont think it was suicide but he was no doubt not sober and that may have caused his death by accident. He was funny in spite of these problems. Very sharp and funny guy.

EagleOne
08-12-2014, 01:59 PM
He was an incredible talent that will be sorely missed. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Williams when I was an extra in the movie "The Bird Cage." The shooting took place at a church on one of the hottest days of that summer. When the cast and extras were released from shooting, while they moved the cameras and prepared the shooting for the next scene, all of us extras would go back to our holding area for refreshments. As we were heading to this area, Mr. Williams came out and was shaking hands with all the extras thanking them for their part in the movie on such a hot day. An elderly couple asked if they could have their picture taken with him, and he immediately said "Of course!" He handed me their camera and asked me to take a few pictures of them. It made this elderly couples day to say the least, as well as all of us extras for his thanking us personally. What a warm and caring man and I was so thankful to have met him.

Gina
08-12-2014, 05:50 PM
I am so devastated by the loss of this kind, sweet, gentle soul. Hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday and I'm still crying. Rest in Peace, Robin. You are sorely missed and so well loved. You truly were one of a kind.

Char
08-12-2014, 06:50 PM
The Bird Cage has been a favorite movie of mine for a long time.

Sad to know he was plagued by the awful disease of depression which must have caused such unbearable pain that he chose to give up the fight.

littleroundman
08-12-2014, 07:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1vT-VaMXsAw

Robin Williams Singing Fire by Bruce Springsteen As Elmer Fudd

littleroundman
08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pcnFbCCgTo4

Robin Williams - Golf

(WARNING: Strong, but extremely funny language)

laidback
08-13-2014, 01:11 AM
So sad that such an immense talent dies while useless individuals like,_________________________, (insert your fave politician or scammer here) continue merrily on.

Frankly My Dear...
08-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Over the last 20 years nobody made me laugh more than Robin Williams. Together with Billy Crystal and Steve Martin he was in a special class of comedians that others can only try to imitate. Such a quick wit and warm he had to share with us all. His passing has left a huge void in my entertainment world. God bless his soul and comfort his family.