PDA

View Full Version : Google-must ...

Poyol
05-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Google must delete your data if you ask, EU rules - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/10827005/Google-must-delete-your-data-if-you-ask-EU-rules.html)

The European Union’s top court has ruled that data about individuals held by Google must be deleted on request.
Judges in the European Court of Justice ruled that Google cannot link to personal information about an individual, although the ruling only compels Google to remove the link rather than the removal of the information from the web itself. This means users of Facebook, Twitter and other social media can still share personal information about others so long as it remains online.

This may make our job slightly harder.

Whip
05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
poor textex is going to fall even further into obscurity.

laidback
05-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Google must delete your data if you ask, EU rules - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/10827005/Google-must-delete-your-data-if-you-ask-EU-rules.html)

This may make our job slightly harder.There should be a stampede of umpty-thousand scam operators doing that at this very moment!!!

Whip
05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
There should be a stampede of umpty-thousand scam operators doing that at this very moment!!!

They're going to be kinda screwed because they need the links to lead to their operations. I can't wait til they show up here and try citing this ruling as a reason to delete their crap. lol

laidback
05-14-2014, 09:00 AM
They're going to be kinda screwed because they need the links to lead to their operations. I can't wait til they show up here and try citing this ruling as a reason to delete their crap. lolSince we ain't Google, I believe there is a saying involving Hell and ice water that covers it...!

littleroundman
05-14-2014, 09:47 AM
The EUROPEAN UNIONS' top court

Good luck with trying to enforce the ruling anywhere outside of the EU.

Poyol
05-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Even Google.co.uk servers are in CA.
So, I don't know how enforceable it's really going to be.

J