PDA

View Full Version : Donations, Gifting, Blessings... Real or Scam?

scratchycat
09-04-2013, 08:19 AM
When is it really okay to ask for donations? There must be ethical ways of asking others to help when a person or family finds themselves involved in the treatment of a rare disease or long hospital stay and desperate for financial support. We all have probably at one time or another donated to a cause that we knew the person or persons. With all the fraud on the internet, I find it hard to believe most of the stories and even if they are true, just where is the money going? How would you know?

Yesterday when I was looking around in Facebook and saw a "friend" hopping on yet another "get-rich-quick" scheme, I found this plea for money to help this little girl who has a rare disease. I followed it up and found that the grandmother was a person I had become acquainted with online through this same "friend" on Skype. Several years ago now. They even had me work on some banners for them but declined to use them thus robbing me of my time and what pay they were going to give me. I have done several for free, so no problem but I was not going to do anymore for this person and is how I remembered the name.

Then I followed the links and found the page of the mother of little girl and I won't copy it here, you can go to link and read. It seems at least one other person knows of how these people ask for money for sick baby but can afford to get tattoos and such. It was some interesting reading and connected a few more dots to what these people actually do for a living and I don't like the puzzle that is fitting together. Real or scam, you decide?

https://www.facebook.com/miranda.l.campbell

We are asking everyone to please share Nikita's ad and please keep praying that god sends her a miracle. As Nikita is starting to get a bit worse. 6 months ago and beautiful little angel was born her name was Nikita campbell. her life was turned upside down when she was diagnois with Biliary Artesia at the age of 2 months. The same day she was diagnois she was rushed off to the Stollery. Where she had the Kasai procedure.Unfortunately due to compications she is back in the Stollery . And now has been placed on an emergency transplant list. But due to complications and a long extended wait for a liver. Nikita might not make it. So we are asking for help in finding a donor to save my granddaughter's life. Donor must be o positive. if u are nterested in becoming her donor please phone 1-866-253-6833 Live donor center when you phone tell them you want to be donor for Nikita Campbell. And ty for considering giving her the gift of life. For more info please contact Miranda Lynn Campbell or me ty

https://www.facebook.com/fromtrashtotreasures

https://www.facebook.com/carlajocarey

https://www.facebook.com/groups/194432184065639/

Open GroupOpen Group
May 3, 2013
The day it all started, 2 month old baby Nikita Campbell was acting like herself that night she started having some white stools. We ran her into the emergency in Edmonton at the strollery children hospital. The nurse stating checking her out next thing you know a couple hours after we went to the back and saw the doctor, instantly they admitted my baby girl. They starting doing blood work and an ultrasound and they found a clot on her liver and found that she didn’t have a gall bladder. They were determined that baby Nikita has a liver disease called Biliary Atresia They brought her up to the fourth floor and started doing more testing and got her on antibiotics and medications, they decided that they would do a biopsy and see what else they could find out what was causing her to have white stools. They then decided they were going to try and do a kasai procedure, when they went in and opened her up they found that her duct tubes were damaged, they had to cut a piece of her small intestine and re- stitch it to her liver, they found her liver very discoloured. We were sent home on June 7, 2013. Everything was going good once we got home. Until we met Nikita’s new doctor.
Aug 21, 2013
We met with Nikita’s new doctor at 3:00 pm in Grande Prairie, AB. We were getting a physical done and the doctor found the Nikita has fluid in her tummy and legs. As soon as we left the office we packed up mine and Nikita’s belongings and were brought to Edmonton to the hospital. The started doing blood work test and they drained a little bit of the fluid in her tummy, and put her on antibiotics and continues feeding through the NG tube in her nose. Now that we are hear handling all this they also decide to start the assessment for her liver transplant. She has been going through a heck of a lot test like cat scans, x-rays, ultrasounds, MRI’s, getting swobs done and a lot more. It’s been very busy and hard for my little princess. She is now 6 months old and the strongest person I know.

She’s my miracle.
My daughter’s journey is just starting.

If anybody would like to help with her cause please contact me direct. We accept donations as well just setting up her trust fund on Monday. Thanks so much and god bless.

Lets save this little princesses life ?

Carla J. Carey shared Kenneth Green's photo.
13 hours ago
THANKS Kenneth Green for telling me about this team ! Let's rock it :) I have one friend signing up now..who's next ! This is not an MLM either :)
I would like to welcome the following persons who have decided to take the step on the way of becoming Dominators and Taking Control of thier lives! Ask them how you can become a Dominator, and take control of your freedom and finances as well! All by learning how to sell on Ebay!

We welcome Carla J. Carey to the Swag Team of DS Domination! Here's to your success, the team is with you! If your Carla's friend ask her about the training thats going to help her crush eBay and make a killing!

https://www.facebook.com/kennethgreendenver

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/818448338

scratchycat
09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
YouTube videos about this DS Domination using the account name as same. Not sure yet who Trent is, maybe some of you already know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIhofkQsGLE

https://www.facebook.com/dsdomination

Ds Domination - Dsdomination.com (http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Ds-Domination-Dsdominat-t454212.html)

Might need a thread on DS Domination...

littleroundman
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
DSDomination is supposedly still in the "beta" phase which was launched on August 23.

Oz over at his excellent BehindMLM.com (http://behindmlm.com/companies/ds-domination-beta-review-dropshipping-products/) blog has done a preliminary assessment of DSD and concludes:

Conclusion

In the blueprint you will learn how to buy cheap in amazon and other places and sale high in eBay.
You can start for $20 per month and begin earning an income by simply copying products from one site to another.

DS Domination (which I believe stands for “dropship domination” doesn’t appear to make much sense as an MLM business opportunity. On its own the concept of buying products from one shop and selling it at a higher price elsewhere sounds feasible, when combined with an MLM opportunity though it leaves little room for legitimacy.
As evidenced by DS Domination’s compensation plan, when you’re dealing with something that you’re essentially just providing “how-to” advice for, that leaves company membership as your primary product.
In MLM, if a company is pushing affiliate membership as their primary product then recruitment is the name of the game and pyramid scheme issues present.

With 100% of the commissions paid out in DS Domination being sourced from affiliates and primarily tied into an affiliate paying monthly membership fees, DS Domination enters pyramid scheme territory.

You sign up as a DS Domination affiliate, you pay your affiliate membership fees and then recruit others who do the same. The more affiliate you and your up and downlines recruit, the more commissions you make.

Furthermore it’s important to note that any commissions made as a result of using eBay, Amazon and any third-party services are external to the DS Domination comp plan, which only pays out on affiliate-funded fees.

Bottom line?

“How-to” advice doesn’t qualify as an MLM product on its own, you need to be offering retailable products and services to end-users to demonstrate legitimacy and value in both your product and company.

DS Domination fails in this aspect.

Footnote: The above review was written based on information currently available on DS Domination. Pending any changes to the DS Domination business model and compensation plan, I’ll conduct a follow-up review when the company launches.
There’s no date provided on the website indicating when this will take place, so I’m not sure when the company expects to officially launch.

scratchycat
09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you for this information LRM. Since I have been watching some of these people, it is evident to me that (IMO) they jump onto these "schemes" at the beta stage to earn commissions from their "friends/downlines or fresh recruits" but don't stay around long enough to get in deep. They simply go to the next one and start telling of how much money they are making with it. I would hope that by more exposure, the victims of these schemes will dwindle. IMO again, if you are stealing from your friends, you should not be saying it is God's blessings.

"Thou shalt not steal."

Soapboxmom
09-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Thank you for this information LRM. Since I have been watching some of these people, it is evident to me that (IMO) they jump onto these "schemes" at the beta stage to earn commissions from their "friends/downlines or fresh recruits" but don't stay around long enough to get in deep. They simply go to the next one and start telling of how much money they are making with it. I would hope that by more exposure, the victims of these schemes will dwindle. IMO again, if you are stealing from your friends, you should not be saying it is God's blessings.

"Thou shalt not steal."
The experienced cons know that one must get in at the top of the pyramid. Then when one deal grinds to a halt it is on to the next one with the unsuspecting downline. Naturally the next one is always the one. All sorts of nonsense about success and staying the course and its a long-term deal is spouted while they look for the next one. It is a vicious cycle and the destitute, desperate and greedy are all sucked in.

scratchycat
09-04-2013, 04:22 PM
The experienced cons know that one must get in at the top of the pyramid. Then when one deal grinds to a halt it is on to the next one with the unsuspecting downline. Naturally the next one is always the one. All sorts of nonsense about success and staying the course and its a long-term deal is spouted while they look for the next one. It is a vicious cycle and the destitute, desperate and greedy are all sucked in.

Yes, they are! The ones who do not need to part with those $2, $5, $25 up. They are taking their grocery money to give to these greedy cons, it is sad.

path2prosperity
09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/194432184065639/

I looked at the help Miranda link which you provided "scratchy" and noted a reply from one person who is trying to tell people to pretend that they are the child's very close relations before donating. This comment stinks of con.

Quote.

"I would like to say I just going out in order to donate you have to be family or a very close relationship to me or Nikita's dad. So If u wanna donate u can but u would have to say u family or close relationship. Thanks so much and god bless!"

I have decided that anything recommended by Carla Carey is probably a scam. She has been pushing ponzis for longer than most. I remember her hawking 12Dailypro. She is a very bad advertisement for any program.