PDA

View Full Version : Product Review - TRIVITA SUBLINGUAL B-12

Blue Wolf
08-08-2010, 12:19 AM
(Note: I know there's already a Trivita thread, but I actually tried their product, so I thought I'd start a separate thread about it.)

I was watching T.V. one day and I saw a commercial about a product called "Dr. Libby's Sublingual B-12" by a company called TriVita.

The product is a vitamin pill . . . more specifically, a pill that contains 4 "B" vitamins. The product contains:

Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg - 16,666% daily value.

Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) 5 mcg - 250% daily value

Vitamin B-7 (biotin) 25 mcg - 8% daily value

Vitamin B-9 (folic acid) 400 mcg - 100% daily value

This is the company's "flagship" product, and it is what most people are exposed to when they are first introduced to TriVita.

I already had B vitamin pills, but for some bizarre reason, every time I take a pill it makes my stomach hurt. It feels like I get a big stomach cramp. So I stopped taking them.

The commercial said that you can get your B vitamins without swallowing a pill. What you do is you place the pill underneath your tongue, and it dissolves. The benefits you're supposed to get are improved memory, improved mood, increased vitality, improved focus, something about Alzheimer's disease, etc.

So I purchased the pills.

Here's my conclusion:

I would not recommend taking these pills.

Here are my reasons:

1.) The pills didn't work.

After I took the pills, I noticed no benefit whatsoever. No increased vitality, no improved mood, no improvement in my concentration, no reduction of stress, no improved memory . . . nothing.

And I'm not old enough to worry about getting Alzheimer's.

Maybe if you're old, you might get some benefit. I don't know. But I'm in my 30's and healthy, and I don't think this product will help people in my age group.

To me, the pills were worthless.

2.) They're too expensive.

Even if you're not in my age group, I still don't recommend taking these pills.

They're just too expensive. A box containing 30 pills costs $24.99 plus $5.75 shipping and handling. That's $30.74 for 30 pills.

Which is a little over $1.00 per pill.

The back of my box says: "For best results, we suggest 3 tablets a day for the first 10 to 14 days. After that, take at least one to two tablets daily."

So if you take one pill a day, that's going to cost you $368.88 a year.

If you take 2 pills a day, that doubles to $737.76 a year.

Even if the pills really did work, I wouldn't pay that much for them.

You can go somewhere else and buy sublingual B-12 pills at a significantly cheaper price.

3.) Ethical/Moral grounds.

TriVita is involved in the MLM industry.

Some people may not want to deal with this company based on ethical/moral grounds.

Which I fully understand.

The MLM industry has a very bad reputation.

I didn't know TriVita had anything to do with MLM when I first purchased their pills.

I'm not interested in MLM, or anything else this company has to say about money, love, or religion.

I just wanted to buy some B vitamin pills and that's it.

Those were the 3 main reasons, but I also want to add a few more things before I'm finished:

1.) The pills take a long time to dissolve under your tongue.

The company claims that the pills "immediately begin to melt" under your tongue.

I placed a pill under my tongue, and watched the clock. It took 15 minutes for the pill to finally dissolve. They didn't tell me it would take that long.

Sometimes I would get impatient and would end up chewing it. I just automatically chew things in my mouth . . . so for me, having a pill in my mouth for that long is annoying.

2.) If you're looking for a way to make a lot of money, you may be very disappointed with TriVita.

Somebody else on this website said that he's been involved with TriVita for 11 years (the company was started in 1999) and he hasn't made any profit.

So getting involved with TriVita may be a complete waste of your time.

I don't think many people will be getting rich from selling TriVita products.

The funny thing is, the front of my box says, "Contentment is worth more than riches."

I guess people who sell TriVita products will need to keep reminding themselves of that.

They will have to be "content" with selling overpriced products and getting nothing in return.

littleroundman
08-08-2010, 12:55 AM
As if what you've so clearly pointed out isn't enough,

You can be assured that consuming B group vitamins in the amounts quoted is NOT without risk, PARTICULARLY B6 and B12.

Even minimal "supplementation" of B group vitamins can produce symptoms such as hot flushes AND bloating/abdominal cramping in many users.

When it comes to "supplementation" by means of tablets, "more" does NOT automatically equate to "better"

Similarly, the fact a lack of B group vitamins can lead to a lack of energy, does NOT mean an increase in intake of B group vitamins leads to an increase of energy.

Seriously?
08-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Besides, who needs 16K+ of the daily recommended amount of anything???

Emet
08-08-2010, 12:05 PM
The claims:

TriVita's tasty tablets dissolve under the tongue to speed B vitamins directly to the blood stream where they go to work.

Targeted nutrition to help lower homocysteine levels, which lessens risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s Disease.

Vitamin B-12 studies show that Sublingual B-12, B-6 & Folic Acid is readily absorbed into the bloodstream.

TriVita - View Product (http://www.trivita.com/us-en/shop/productdetail.aspx?pid=175#studies)

The Science based evidence:

Replacement therapy for vitamin B12 deficiency: comparison between the sublingual and oral route

Conclusion
A dose of 500 µg of cobalamin given either sublingually or orally is effective in correcting cobalamin deficiency.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1884303/

Vitamins fail another test

In this case it's B vitamins, which do not appear to protect stroke patients from subsequent heart attacks or strokes, according to the biggest, best study to examine the issue.

To test this hypothesis, researchers in Australia launched the new study, which involved giving 8,164 patients who had suffered a stroke in the previous seven months either a placebo or a combination of the B vitamins folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.

In the September issue of the British journal The Lancet Neurology, the researchers report that those who took the B vitamins had lower homocysteine levels. But those taking the B vitamins were not significantly less likely to suffer a stroke, heart attack or to die from any cause during the 3.4-year study.

The Checkup - Vitamins fail another test (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2010/08/another_vitamin_fails_a_test.html)

Unsaved Trash
08-08-2010, 12:25 PM
And the huge difference between the products is?

TriVita

Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCL) 5 mg 250%
Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg 16,666%
Biotin 25 mcg 8%

$24.99 30 tabs

Swanson Vitamins

Vitamin B-12 Lozenges

Vitamin B-12 USP (as cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg 16,666%

Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%

$7.99 250 lozenges

And the difference being? Not much except the price.

Swanson's cost per dose - $.03

TriVita's cost per dose - $.83

So what is the argument going to be? TriVita's B12 has 2 more B vitamins in the stuff. It's also "superior" and people will pay for it. I've heard it all before over and over. MLM vitamins are more expensive. In this case, 27 times more expensive. But this crap is worth it, right?

Emet
08-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Only those with diagnosed with severe B12 deficiency.

B12 can be supplemented in healthy subjects by oral pill; sublingual pill, liquid, or strip; intranasal spray; or by injection. B12 is available singly or in combination with other supplements. B12 supplements are available in forms including cyanocobalamin, hydroxocobalamin, methylcobalamin, and adenosylcobalamin (sometimes called "cobamamide" or "dibencozide"). Oral treatments involve giving 250 µg to 1 mg of B12 daily.[28]

Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http:///en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12_deficiency#Treatment)

littleroundman
08-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Those who have been properly diagnosed as having a vitamin deficiency, COULD be advised to supplement in the doses quoted.

However, it is highly unlikely a patient, so diagnosed, would be advised to take a non medically approved over the counter supplement, ESPECIALLY in non specific supplements with such widely varying RDA variations.

IOW, having performed such tests, a doctor would be far more likely to prescribe FDA approved specifically targeted supplementation rather than a catch-all OTC or MLM distributed supplement.

Blue Wolf
08-14-2010, 09:19 AM
. . . . and if you guys thought those sublingual B-12 pills I took were expensive, wait till you read this.

I got (another) "special report" from TriVita this week in my mailbox, and this time they're trying to get me to buy a product called "Nopalea" from their Sonoran Bloom line.

This drink is supposed to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, improve breathing, and protect against premature aging.

All of the testimonials are made by "Affiliate Members". No surprise there. One guy named "C. Edward B" even claims that he has "improved liver and kidney functions" now that he takes Nopalea.

TriVita recommends that I start off by drinking 3 to 6 ounces of chilled Nopalea each day, for the first 30 days. This is called the "Loading Phase".

Well, a 32 ounce bottle of this is $49.99.

I think I'll pass.

This "magic potion" is even more expensive than their B-12 pills. And those pills did nothing for me.

My question is . . .How do people afford all of this stuff without going into bankruptcy?

littleroundman
08-14-2010, 10:01 AM
My question is . . .How do people afford all of this stuff without going into bankruptcy?

It's a numbers game.

The US has a population of upward of 320 MILLION people at the minute.

You're the odd one out, in the fact you've chosen to publicly comment.

The great majority of people would simply put it down to experience and forget it.

The MLMer who sold you the product will simply rationalize it to him or herself and move on to find another sucke......err......health conscious consumer to buy at least once.

and 'round and 'round we go.

Unsaved Trash
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
. . . . and if you guys thought those sublingual B-12 pills I took were expensive, wait till you read this.

I got (another) "special report" from TriVita this week in my mailbox, and this time they're trying to get me to buy a product called "Nopalea" from their Sonoran Bloom line.

This drink is supposed to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, improve breathing, and protect against premature aging.

All of the testimonials are made by "Affiliate Members". No surprise there. One guy named "C. Edward B" even claims that he has "improved liver and kidney functions" now that he takes Nopalea.

TriVita recommends that I start off by drinking 3 to 6 ounces of chilled Nopalea each day, for the first 30 days. This is called the "Loading Phase".

Well, a 32 ounce bottle of this is $49.99.

I think I'll pass.

This "magic potion" is even more expensive than their B-12 pills. And those pills did nothing for me.

You should direct these questions to Iamwil. He hawks this pure garbage and claims it to be a wonder drug. Bullshit! It's prickly pear juice, nothing more. In Mexico (and the US) and other hispanic countries, they roast the buds and eat them. I have yet to see prickly pear juice for sale at any Mexican market. If it was a wonder "drug," they would have bottled it themselves. They do not eat the plant for it's miracle properties, they eat it because it tastes good roasted and is a substitute for potatoes, much like jacima. I can buy a buttload of prickly pear buds for around $.45 per pound or less at any Mexican market here.

On a personal note, prickly pear is an extremely invasive cactus here in So. Calif. and I have spent hundreds of dollars having them removed from my property. You cannot kill them, they're ugly, and a pest we cannot get rid of. No wonder an MLM picked up this product. TriVita is based in Phoenix and it grows wild there also. I seriously doubt if they're collecting it from Sonora, MX. All they would have to do is call any gardener who would gladly provide this plant once ripped out, cut up, and tossed in the back of a truck rather than pay to have it hauled to the dump. It cannot be turned into mulch because of it's high density fibers.

Aloe Vera it is not, and even drinking Aloe has never been proven to have any benefits. Applied to the skin, yes. Taken internally, no.

littleroundman
08-14-2010, 08:38 PM
On a personal note, prickly pear is an extremely invasive cactus here in So. Calif. and I have spent hundreds of dollars having them removed from my property. You cannot kill them, they're ugly, and a pest we cannot get rid of.

Same here in Australia.

Biological control of prickly pear has been one of Australia's success stories when it comes to weed control. And, biological control continues to play a very significant role in controlling prickly pear species in New South Wales, particularly in the drier, warmer areas.
The two main biological http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/images/Cacto%20in%20common%20pear%20with%20caption%201%20 Jun%2003%20web_small.jpg (http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/images/Cacto%20in%20common%20pear%20with%20caption%201%20 Jun%2003%20web.jpg)control agents are CACTOBLASTIS (left) and http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/images/Cochineal%20insect%20sketch%20web_small.jpg (http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/images/Cochineal%20insect%20sketch%20web.jpg)COCHINEAL (attached to a pad of prickly pear, right). The two are entirely different: Cactoblastis (Cactoblastis cactorum) is a black and yellow striped "grub" that tunnels into and devours the inside of the plant. Cochineal (Dactylopius spp.) on the other hand, attaches to the outside of the plant and (like a mosquito) inserts its mouthpiece and literally sucks all of the moisture out of the plant.
The Cactoblastis success story
By the year 1920, prickly pear (mainly Opuntia stricta spp.) infested 58 million acres (23 million hectares) of land in New South Wales and Queensland. It was spreading at an alarming rate of 1 million acres a year when the Cactoblastis insect was first released. Within six (6) years most of the original pear had been destroyed. It was an amazing result. (See Prickly Pear History (http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/prickly_pear_history.htm))
The success of cactoblastis is still regarded as the world's most spectacular example of effective control of a weed by biological means.

Cactoblastis (http://www.northwestweeds.nsw.gov.au/cactoblastis.htm)

iamwil
08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
The pad of the cactus is grilled and eaten. The fruit (tuna or pear) is eaten raw, juiced or made into jam.

Their are over a hundred studies on the various benefits of the product. Our juice is more as it is not pasteurized which would limit its effectiveness, it is handled juiced and then never sees oxygen again until the bottle is opened.

As to the B-12, we do have some customers that don't have benefit, and the OP is young for our target age group, one doesn't typically have B-12 deficiencies till later in life...but then by 60 the majority do.

But it is all to each their own. Some folks like ford others like chevy, others are ok with yugos and some spend their money on caddies. Their are generic drugs and name brand prescription drugs. Our sublingual B-12 is patented...many of those cheaper brands are violating the patent...if they don't care about patent laws who knows what else they don't care about.

Australia we are headed there next...we'll be finding those cacti they are trying to kill and improve their economy.

littleroundman
08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Australia we are headed there next...we'll be finding those cacti they are trying to kill and improve their economy.

What on earth would convince a company such as Trivita that Australia is in dire need of ANOTHER MLM company attempting to sell overpriced and overhyped vitamin products ????

Don't they do market research in the US ????

"sigh"

Maybe someone from Trivita should slink down to Starbucks headquarters and see what happens to big time smart-asses who waltz into Oz looking to make a killing without doing their homework.

We're often accused of lagging behind the rest of the world in Australia, but we're ahead of most countries when it comes to having well developed BS-O-Meters.

iamwil
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh yes, they do market research... they've seen how other companies have faired and are ready to take the plunge... Tis simply our first foray out of the country (Canada doesn't really count) in preparation to explore the world....

We aren't looking to make a killing, we are looking to supply a product and help some folks... Opportunity is knocking littleroundman...your ship could just be coming in, are you going to jump on board or watch it sail by?

Seriously?
08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
We aren't looking to make a killing, we are looking to supply a product and help some folks...

Now where have we heard that before? Hmmm. Oh yeah. Every MLM out there just wants "to help some folks". It's not about the money, but be sure to get in on the ground floor! It's not about the opportunity, but be sure to get in before the company hits momentum!

Nope. Not about the money. Never about the money....

Unsaved Trash
08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
The pad of the cactus is grilled and eaten. The fruit (tuna or pear) is eaten raw, juiced or made into jam.

Their are over a hundred studies on the various benefits of the product. Our juice is more as it is not pasteurized which would limit its effectiveness, it is handled juiced and then never sees oxygen again until the bottle is opened.

As to the B-12, we do have some customers that don't have benefit, and the OP is young for our target age group, one doesn't typically have B-12 deficiencies till later in life...but then by 60 the majority do.

But it is all to each their own. Some folks like ford others like chevy, others are ok with yugos and some spend their money on caddies. Their are generic drugs and name brand prescription drugs. Our sublingual B-12 is patented...many of those cheaper brands are violating the patent...if they don't care about patent laws who knows what else they don't care about.

Wil, the pads are seldom grilled. They are usually peeled, sliced, diced, and drained several times because of the nasty sap inside. Only the impoverished eat that part of the cactus. The pears are what is most often consumed, and they are usually roasted to enhance the flavor.

So the cactus juice isn't pasteurized and it comes from Mexico? Sonora, to be exact. Why not just eat some Mexican cheese made in a bathtub in the East Los Angeles barrio? Intestinally, it probably has the same effect but costs a lot less. Would you care to provide solid proof of "over a hundred studies on the various benefits of the product?" You know, ones done by actual certified laboratories and university studies.

You also stated that when it's harvested as an invasive plant in AU, that TriVita will capture on that area and put it to use. Wouldn't they have to then market it under Outback Bloom rather than Sonora Bloom and change the whole marketing program?

Seems you skipped right over the price difference on the B vitamins from TriVita and Swanson. Huge difference, wouldn't you say, not to mention there is basically no difference between the two? And what does that excess 16,665% more than the RDA of this crap do for a person? Where does it go? I know, it turns into a fluorescent greenish yellow piss and is flushed into the sewer system.

You also skipped over the "hundreds of TriVita employees." They don't employ hundreds.

Sure, I understand I live my life vicariously though your posts and I want to be just like you....working for a company that is unlicensed and I believe is operating illegally in your state, going on vacation and posting continually rather than spending quality time with my kids that you claim are going to leave the nest soon, and hawking some pure crap without remorse and haven't made a dime doing so in 11 years. Yes, I want to be just like you. Thank you for giving me that opportunity. Somehow I don't feel I'll ever catch up and especially even come close to your posting record. A lot of people will thank me for that.

littleroundman
08-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Opportunity is knocking littleroundman...your ship could just be coming in, are you going to jump on board or watch it sail by?

You misunderstand me, wil,

I think it's an absolutely fabulous idea for you and your company to come to Australia.

In fact, I think you should mortgage the farm and invest heavily in infrastructure.

After all, we've only got eleventy two thousand vitamin companies represented here.

As for MLM "opportunities" they're endless.

Just think of the number of MLMs in the USA which has a population of 320 MILLION + people, then translate that number of "opportunities" to a country with a current population of around 22,426,220 (give or take) spread over an area of 7 692 024 sq kilometers, why wouldn't I be interested in the "opportunity" you're offering ???

Wanna see what you're up against, "wil" ????

Here's a little graphic representation of the size differences between Oz and the USA:

http://www.ga.gov.au/servlet/BigObjFileManager?bigobjid=GA6264

See the light green part, "wil" ????

That's Australia.

***remember, the Australian population is around 12% of the population of the USA.

I mean, we who live at the ends of the earth are so deprived and lacking of "opportunities" you'll have Australians abandoning their pet kangaroos in droves and hitchin' up them wagons in their rush to participate.

Just do it, "wil", just do it.

Get your ass down here NOW, we need you.

We're s-o-o-o-o-o deprived of "opportunity"

iamwil
08-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I'll be there in October LRM....

I know the size and population of your country...

However it appears you also have a pension for hyperbole...

endless mlms and how many vitamin companies?

Yes trash...I know it is the fruit...I was responding to the comments from anothers post...and yes the pads are grilled...and they can even be ordered in restaraunts or grocery stores on hear on the east coast (we have enough immigrants out here that they end up on menu's and shelves...) grilled nopale

and yes 150 is not hundreds...33% more and it will be....just wait as we open Australia and continue to grow...oh my...such a mistake...lets capitalize on it.

littleroundman
08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Seriously, wil,

get down here as fast as you can and bring as many of your fellow Trivialities with you as possible.

Travel first class and book as many town hall venues as you can possibly cram into your two weeks here.

We Australians just l-o-o-o-v-e having the opportunity to hear all about what's happening in the real world, straight from the horses' as.....err.....mouth.

I mean, we're just s-o-o-o-o deprived of "opportunities" and vitamins and exotic fruit based concoctions.

I can hardly wait to tell all my friends and relations and casual acquaintances.

They'll be s-o-o-o-o excited to finally have the opportunity to experience the opportunity.

P.S. I think the word you're looking for is "penchant"

iamwil
08-17-2010, 11:01 AM
P.S. I think the word you're looking for is "penchant" Yeah it probably was, thanx.

I don't fly first class....can't afford it...as I said, I upgrade occasionally when the price is right...although I doubt it will be right on Qantas.

Sydney, Melborne, Brisbane, Adelaide.... where do you want to meet.

This could be your 'opportunity' to see the inside of an MLM, to get involved, see how it actually works...no hearsay, no third party, first hand knowledge.

I could see your pitch. "I don't believe in MLM, I'm just doing this to prove how bad and evil it is....you could join me on my search...or heck if you like the products you could buy them....I don't recommend them...I think it is all hogwash...but here is the literature...you decide" You could create an organization in Australia...and then onto Hong Kong, folks back in US...tell realscam how it really is...

undercover littleroundman

littleroundman
08-17-2010, 11:15 AM
And you would know I haven't been on the "inside" of MLM/S and continue to have access to the "inside" how, exactly ????

What, you honestly believe I'm posting as I do based on "hearsay" ????

Don't tell me I've made a stupid mistake and you really ARE as dense as you appear to be and this isn't all just an act.

Keep posting, wil, keep posting.

iamwil
08-17-2010, 12:00 PM
And you would know I haven't been on the "inside" of MLM/S and continue to have access to the "inside" how, exactly ????

What, you honestly believe I'm posting as I do based on "hearsay" ????

Don't tell me I've made a stupid mistake and you really ARE as dense as you appear to be and this isn't all just an act.

Keep posting, wil, keep posting.Oh so you are in an MLM? How is business? Or are you one of the 97% failure rate because you aren't selling anything?

Please explain.

Unsaved Trash
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Wil - You seemed to have conveniently overlooked another one of my posts asking direct questions. So here it is again:

And the huge difference between the products is?

TriVita

Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCL) 5 mg 250%
Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg 16,666%
Biotin 25 mcg 8%

$24.99 30 tabs

Swanson Vitamins

Vitamin B-12 Lozenges

Vitamin B-12 USP (as cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg 16,666%

Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%

$7.99 250 lozenges

And the difference being? Not much except the price.

Swanson's cost per dose - $.03

TriVita's cost per dose - $.83

So what is the argument going to be? TriVita's B12 has 2 more B vitamins in the stuff. It's also "superior" and people will pay for it. I've heard it all before over and over. MLM vitamins are more expensive. In this case, 27 times more expensive. But this crap is worth it, right?

And this one:

Seems you skipped right over the price difference on the B vitamins from TriVita and Swanson. Huge difference, wouldn't you say, not to mention there is basically no difference between the two? And what does that excess 16,665% more than the RDA of this crap do for a person? Where does it go? I know, it turns into a fluorescent greenish yellow piss and is flushed into the sewer system.

Unsaved Trash
08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
and yes 150 is not hundreds...33% more and it will be....just wait as we open Australia and continue to grow...oh my...such a mistake...lets capitalize on it.

Wil, I searched the internet for an answer to the amount of employees of TriVita, both full and part time. The estimates were from 75 to 150. I called TriVita's HQ to inquire. I spoke with two different people in two different departments. Funny, when I asked for the HR department, they were at a loss as to what that was. I could not get an answer to my question which was quite simple. "How many employees are at TriVita in all capacities of the business?" Duh, no one knew. I then asked if it was between 25 and 100. The answer was, "That seems about right." There is a huge difference between 25 and 100 and hundreds of employees. So I didn't "capitalize" on your mistake, I took you to task for making the false statement that "TriVita has hundreds of employees." That was a false statement, not a mistake. You inflated the numbers intentionally. But how would you really know when TriVita's own HQ can't confirm?

iamwil
08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
So nice you are soooo needy to know everything about me. I was typing a response, I said I made a mistake...You said it was 150, I took you at your word. I know they are growing, and we have sister companies we 'outsource' that handle shipping...You just don't take apologies well.

I also said the difference between Swanson and TriVita is the same difference between Generic and Name Brand...we held the patent... I don't investigate swanson, don't know their quality controls...I do know people are free to purchase from whatever company they like. Tis a free market.

Unsaved Trash
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
So nice you are soooo needy to know everything about me. I was typing a response, I said I made a mistake...You said it was 150, I took you at your word. I know they are growing, and we have sister companies we 'outsource' that handle shipping...You just don't take apologies well.

Yeah, sure. Blame it on your typing. I think the difference between "we have hundreds of employees" and the truth isn't a typo. So how many employees do they actually have?

I also said the difference between Swanson and TriVita is the same difference between Generic and Name Brand...we held the patent... I don't investigate swanson, don't know their quality controls...I do know people are free to purchase from whatever company they like. Tis a free market.

Total MLM BS! You bypassed all of my questions again. I have cornered you like the rat you are. Give me some answers or don't post if you can't back up any of your statements. You've never been able to back anything up but that won't stop you. I have zero respect for you.

iamwil
08-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah, sure. Blame it on your typing. I think the difference between "we have hundreds of employees" and the truth isn't a typo. So how many employees do they actually have?

Total MLM BS! You bypassed all of my questions again. I have cornered you like the rat you are. Give me some answers or don't post if you can't back up any of your statements. You've never been able to back anything up but that won't stop you. I have zero respect for you. I don't have any employees... I don't know how many the company has...

I did not bypass the questions. We sell a product at X costs...we held the patent, our Doc did the R&D when others said it couldn't be made sublingual....others copied it.... We provide benefits to our members that they like TriVita - Membership Benefits (http://www.trivita.com/US-EN/member/default.aspx) we have our standards....1. P hysician-Approved Formulas
Our medical board uses their extensive health and nutrition knowledge to approve
proprietary TriVita supplements based on the latest scientific research and the health
and wellness concerns of our Members.
2. Unique Delivery Systems
Unlike other supplements that can be difficult to absorb, TriVita supplements are
developed for maximum absorption and effect.
3. C ontrolled Laboratory Studies
Signature products from TriVita undergo medical studies and trials at accredited
universities and medical centers to ensure their effectiveness.
4. P urest Natural Ingredients
TriVita uses the highest-quality essential nutrients available to create effective,
body-friendly formulas without mood altering stimulants or harmful chemicals.
5. P harmaceutical-Grade Quality
We voluntarily adhere to the strict manufacturing guidelines of the Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
6. Third-Party Testing and Certification
In addition to our own quality control, we commission third-party testing and research
to guarantee that our products are full potency and meet all regulatory standards.
7. Quality-Controlled Packaging and Production
Safety is a top priority in our packaging and manufacturing; we inspect each product
at least 10 times and use two safety seals per package on all ingestible products to
guarantee safety, freshness and product potency.
8. D edicated to Product Innovation
TriVita’s commitment to science is a driving force behind our superior quality
products, from formulation to production. Led by our Chief Science Officer and
renowned nutraceutical pioneers, we put the utmost care into creating products that
deliver positive and lifelong wellness experiences for our Members.
9. M edical Advisory Board
TriVita’s advisory panel of Board Certified physicians provide us with the latest
information on scientific developments and testing methods.
10. C omplete Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to provide the best customer experience possible and offer a 60-Day
Money Back Guarantee on all of our products.

I don't know what swanson does...these aren't my statements, these are TriVitas...

this is why I buy from them, this is why I am an affiliate...

You don't want to be...that is fine with me..you don't want to purchase...that is ok to.

But I spend waaayyyy to much time with someone who has no interest in the company or our products.

Unsaved Trash
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't have any employees... I don't know how many the company has...

And you can't find out for sure? Odd, neither could I.

I did not bypass the questions. We sell a product at X costs...we held the patent, our Doc did the R&D when others said it couldn't be made sublingual....others copied it....

Bullshit! The sublingual method has been around long before TriVita.

We provide benefits to our members that they like TriVita - Membership Benefits (http://www.trivita.com/US-EN/member/default.aspx) we have our standards....1. P hysician-Approved Formulas
Our medical board uses their extensive health and nutrition knowledge to approve
proprietary TriVita supplements based on the latest scientific research and the health
and wellness concerns of our Members.
Unlike other supplements that can be difficult to absorb, TriVita supplements are
developed for maximum absorption and effect.
3. C ontrolled Laboratory Studies
Signature products from TriVita undergo medical studies and trials at accredited
universities and medical centers to ensure their effectiveness.
4. P urest Natural Ingredients
TriVita uses the highest-quality essential nutrients available to create effective,
body-friendly formulas without mood altering stimulants or harmful chemicals.
5. P harmaceutical-Grade Quality
We voluntarily adhere to the strict manufacturing guidelines of the Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
6. Third-Party Testing and Certification
In addition to our own quality control, we commission third-party testing and research
to guarantee that our products are full potency and meet all regulatory standards.
7. Quality-Controlled Packaging and Production
Safety is a top priority in our packaging and manufacturing; we inspect each product
at least 10 times and use two safety seals per package on all ingestible products to
guarantee safety, freshness and product potency.
8. D edicated to Product Innovation
TriVita’s commitment to science is a driving force behind our superior quality
products, from formulation to production. Led by our Chief Science Officer and
renowned nutraceutical pioneers, we put the utmost care into creating products that
deliver positive and lifelong wellness experiences for our Members.
9. M edical Advisory Board
TriVita’s advisory panel of Board Certified physicians provide us with the latest
information on scientific developments and testing methods.
10. C omplete Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to provide the best customer experience possible and offer a 60-Day
Money Back Guarantee on all of our products.

I don't know what swanson does...these aren't my statements, these are TriVitas...

this is why I buy from them, this is why I am an affiliate...

You don't want to be...that is fine with me..you don't want to purchase...that is ok to.

But I spend waaayyyy to much time with someone who has no interest in the company or our products.

Back up any of those claims with actual studies and documentation done by independent labs, physicians, and chemists. If you can't, it's worthless. They're typical MLM worthless claims.

Seriously?
08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I would have to agree with UT on providing proof. Can you provide links or study information on point 3? What accredited universities? What medical centers?

littleroundman
08-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Let's just do this one point at a time.

Unlike other supplements that can be difficult to absorb, TriVita supplements are developed for maximum absorption and effect.

*which other supplements ??? Supplements of the exact same vitamin ??? Supplements in general ???

Doctors typically only recommend sublingual supplementation of vitamin B12 and not of other vitamins. Contrary to Trivitas' assertion that sublingual supplementation is more effective, this has not been proven. In fact, it is more often suggested that any increased benefit has more to do with the fact the vitamin B12 dosage in sublingual supplements is typically higher, NOT because sublingual vitamin ingestion is more efficient.

While "sublingual" delivery systems are commonly used for medication/s this does NOT translate into "sublingual delivery of VITAMIN supplements" is more desirable.

Indeed, bypassing the digestive system and delivering non prescription substances of any kind "sublingually" could be described as downright bloody dangerous ESPECIALLY based on the advice of untrained, unqualified MLMers.

Potential consumers of Trivita products are would be well advised to seek further clarification of EXACTLY what supplements are being "sublingually" delivered and EXACTLY how the product/s are "developed for maximum absorption and effect"

No data = no valid information is being delivered.

Unsaved Trash
08-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Littleroundman - You're not going to get a solid answer. All Wil can do is copy and paste from the TriVita website. And we all know the BS that comes from the MLM companies. Each product is "unique" to them. In reality, it's the same crap you can buy anywhere. They have never been able to prove otherwise.

littleroundman
08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Littleroundman - You're not going to get a solid answer. All Wil can do is copy and paste from the TriVita website. And we all know the BS that comes from the MLM companies. Each product is "unique" to them. In reality, it's the same crap you can buy anywhere. They have never been able to prove otherwise.

NO !!!!

I'm devestated.

Say it ain't so.

But, but, but,

it's "iamwil" and Trivita we're talking about here.

you know,

ethics, integrity, commitment and all that.

You're not honestly trying to tell me Trivita is just ANOTHER company trying to bul***t their way into a "supplement" marketplace already full of bul***ters, are you ??

I'm shocked and stunned I tell you, shocked and stunned.

My life will never be the same.

littleroundman
08-18-2010, 10:17 PM
It has been my experience that many fraudsters and MLMers alike use a variation of the old "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bul***t" gambit,

Their version goes something along the lines of: "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with HUGE AMOUNTS of bul***t"

Clementia is a past master of the art, and "iamwil" is fast closing in on taking Lennys' title.

So, back to discussing each claim from "wils'" copy and pasted Trivita blurb.
What say you, "wil" ???

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Thought you might enjoy this.....

Richard and Leona Ellison
“TriVita has proved to be the most beneficial endeavor for us physically and financially of anything we have ever done.”

As the father of TriVita’s CEO and Founder, Michael Ellison, Richard’s commitment to spreading wealth and wellness comes naturally.

Richard and Leona began with TriVita from the very beginning – experiencing the launch of TriVita. “The mission and the heart of compassion for people was what attracted us to the company.”

“With no product or tools of the trade, TriVita was launched! The only visible tools we had were a yellow legal pad and a pen… oh yes, a phone!”

The Ellisons wrote down the name of every friend and family member they believed fit the mission, and then “Leona and I went to work.”

“We had lots of other things going on in our lives, but TriVita has proved to be the most beneficial endeavor for us physically and financially of anything we have ever done.”

The Ellisons are thankful for those that helped them succeed in becoming Presidential Directors.” How could we ever forget the founders, Michael and Susan Ellison – for their commitment of life savings, time, hard work and their development of a like-minded wonderful staff to serve the Members and Affiliates in the front lines of action.”

They also are thankful for their two daughters, Judy Ellison and Glenda Hamilton, who pushed them hard to make it to the top. “It was a team effort of family and friends. It can't happen any other way. Now we are pulling, and others are pushing. It is a team effort, succeeding in a mission of helping people with health and wealth.”

“The 10 Essentials are on the inside cover of every VitaJournal and are inside of every true TriVita Member and Affiliate. The sixth essential is the heart of the company – give and receive love.”

“World, here we come! Because we love what we do.”

Hmmmmm seems like Mr. Moral Christian found something that was even more profitable in his past:

In God We Trust - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-10-21/news/in-god-we-trust/)

6 page article...well worth the read

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Does anyone ever think we will see any proof whatsoever of any real, legit testing on any of Trivita's products, any real and legit research and any real and legit published papers on them? Not research on any of the general ingredients listed on some of their products, but their (Trivita's) actual products? Real doctors, real Universities, real research entities, real double blind studies, real conclusions? And who exactly did the "third party testing" and what are the results? You would think that these would be posted all over the web and not just the "claims" to them wouldn't you?

What is interesting to note is that the GMP's in this country are enforced by the FDA yet no Product for Trivita is approved by the FDA. Quite the quandry there. They did step in to quash their claims and sent them a warning letter two years ago, however.

TriVita & The FDA

In this country nutritional supplements do not have to be “approved” by the FDA before sale unless they’re attached to “drug” or “medical” claims. Unfortunately, in 2007 the U.S. Food & Drug Administration found a number of potential violations on the trivita.com web site. These claims included statements about lowered blood pressure, the prevention of cancer and the treatment of type 2 diabetes.

TriVita - Is It A Scam? - Alternative Medicine (http://www.lisabarger.com/is-it-a-scam/trivita.html)

Now, it’s important to note that these claims were NOT made about the B12 supplement. They were made about other TriVita products but the fact they were made at all on the company’s official web site is troubling. (We were pleased to see that the potentially illegal claims had been removed when we visited the site.)

In his piece “Be Wary of Health-Related Infomercials”, Dr. Stephen Barrett of QuackWatch.com cautions user of TriVita’s Sublingual B12 that this supplement may not do much for people with normal homocysteine levels. He also criticizes the $25-a-month price tag and the claim that this product can prevent or reverse symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.

Finally, Dr. Barrett reminds his readers that taking B12 routinely for a “deficiency” may be a waste of time. After all, he says, B12 deficiencies are actually quite rare in this country—a fact born out by current medical research.

TriVita claims not to be a multi-level-marketing or pyramid company. But TriVita reps do get a share of their customer’s future sales and any sales made by referrals of those customers. That sounds an awful lot like an MLM, or multi-level-marketing, setup to us.

Why is this a big deal? Well, look at how much lower the price of TriVita could be if the company wasn’t paying commissions to the sales people and to people they refer. And that doesn’t even begin to cover the “gift cards” and “discounts” they also offer.

References:

Trivita.com. (2008). Retrieved from trivita.com on November 14, 2008.

Barrett, S. (2007). Be Wary of Health-Related Infomercials. Retrieved from quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/info.html on November 14, 2008.

Bail, H. (1999). Vitamin B12 deficiency in the elderly. Annual Review of Nutrition.

U.S. Food & Drug Administration. (2007). Trivita Warning Letter. Retrieved from fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/2007/cl07hfs810255.pdf on November 14, 2008.

2 years ago TriVita was singled out by the FDA for violating the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. And it wasn't just 1 line on one product label--it was numerous statements made about 3 separate products. This was in spite of a loophole that allows companies to legally market supplements like the ones TriVita chose to market illegally. Since this company's reps pride themselves on TriVita's "integrity" I would be remiss if I didn't point out that--as recently as 2 years ago--the emperor had on no clothes.

Oh wait!!! Not another warning by the FDA to Trivita on another product claims???

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/EnforcementActivitiesbyFDA/CyberLetters/ucm056964.pdf

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 06:47 PM
This was interesting also:

TriVita side effects? - Drugs.com (http://www.drugs.com/forum/alternative-medicine/trivita-side-effects-28664.html)

msetley2
New Member Join Date: Jun 2005

TriVita side effects?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone besides me suffering from side effects from TriVita sublingual B-12?
wound up in the emergency room w/ heart problems and was given a nitro patch. Saw my doctor and learned that mannitol--1 of the 'additional' ingredients listed on the package--is a diuretic and my potassium was very low.

And the ludicrous response from a Trivita, brain dead rep who thinks they know more than an Md of course:

08-03-2005, 01:15 PM
3rdsista
New Member Join Date: Aug 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to using TriVita sublingual B-12, I believe that the benefits far outweigh the side effect that you experienced.

I have come to understand that it is necessary to investigate whatever goes into your body, be it food or supplements for many of the items that we congest on a daily basis contains some type of diuretics.

Unfortunately, you had a bad experience but I would certainly find out from your doctor if there is any safe way that you could continue to take this supplement.

ROTFL! Can you believe that? The benefits far outweigh a trip to an ER with a racing heart? Good Lord!

08-03-2005, 06:35 PM
msetley2
New Member Join Date: Jun 2005

TO 3rd sista:

My doctor instructed me to dispose of the TriVita. I looked up Mannitol on the internet and discovered 2 pages of contraindications and warnings.
I can take sublingual B12--[u]WITHOUT the additives</u>--with my dr's blessing.

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
more interesting info regarding Trivita's claims:

ERSP Decision: Trivita Sublingual B-12 Vitamin Supplement | Electronic Retailing Association (http://www.retailing.org/ERSP/Decision/Trivita_Sublingual_B-12)

ERSP Decision: TriVita BALANCED WOMAN SUPPLEMENT | Electronic Retailing Association (http://www.retailing.org/ERSP/Decision/TriVita)

ERSP Release: TRIVITA, INC. PARTICIPATES IN ERSP FORUM | Electronic Retailing Association (http://retailing.org/ERSP/Release/Trivita)

ERSP Decision: TriVita BALANCED WOMAN SUPPLEMENT | Electronic Retailing Association (http://www.retailing.org/ERSP/Decision/TriVita)

Unsaved Trash
08-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Nice find, ALA. Just proves that every dickwad scammer has a past. How come those pasts are always unsavory? Like father, like son. Just as Michael Ellison learned from his "religious Christian" father to con people out of their cash, there are always a handy amount of the stupid and gullible that fall for it over and over. That's why MLM exists. And that's why some total idiot can be involved in it for 11 years and not make a dime. But things are looking up! Especially with the expansion to AU which will change everything. Right?

littleroundman
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I think this quote from one of UTs' links says a great deal about a company which uses terms like "ethics" and "morals" and "christian values" to describe itself:

Does this make TriVita a scam? Does it prove that the company is intentionally trying to fool people? No, but there are just too many ways to legally market these products. Skirting the rules with promises that clearly cross the line just leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

We're not talking about soap powder or dishwashing liquid here.

We're talking about stuff you put in your mouth and stuff that TRIVITA and its' marketers are claiming has health benefits and which TRIVITA and its' marketers are inferring, implying, suggesting, spin doctoring "MAYing" and "CANing" and claiming have an effect on potentially life threatening conditions.

There may well be a whole generation of people out there who are so immune to advertising hype and B/S which considers that TRIVITA style spin doctoring with regard to vitamins and or health related products is acceptable.

My personal view is that it is most certainly NOT and is one of the reasons forums such as this exist.

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
I think this quote from one of UTs' links says a great deal about a company which uses terms like "ethics" and "morals" and "christian values" to describe itself:

We're not talking about soap powder or dishwashing liquid here.

We're talking about stuff you put in your mouth and stuff that TRIVITA and its' marketers are claiming has health benefits and which TRIVITA and its' marketers are inferring, implying, suggesting, spin doctoring "MAYing" and "CANing" and claiming have an effect on potentially life threatening conditions.

There may well be a whole generation of people out there who are so immune to advertising hype and B/S which considers that TRIVITA style spin doctoring with regard to vitamins and or health related products is acceptable.

My personal view is that it is most certainly NOT and is one of the reasons forums such as this exist.I agree totally. Excellent thoughts. I put my beliefs and experience on the side of real science, real medicine, real MDs and PH.Ds, real diagnosis, real technology, real tests and real treatment, all proven, documented, monitored, tested and researched and not some bullshit, lying, phony, MLM garbage that legally can only hint around regarding a bunch of hooey claims. How anyone can claim to have any Christianity, morals, principles, values or ethics and hawk such crap is beyond me. Not to mention decieving someone who may have a serious illness or disease that will go untreated or poorly treated, or treatment stopped because they have been lured into a miracle cure by some MLMer. THAT to me, is the worst and most dangerous part of all of this. Plus the person never really knows what sides effects or damage that they are really doing to themselves by consuming these products until it is too late.

The idea behind multi-level marketing (MLM) is simple. Imagine you have a product to sell. A common MLM product is some sort of panacea, such as a vitamin or mineral supplement. You could do what most businesses do: either sell it directly to consumers or find others who will buy your product from you and sell it to other people. MLM schemes require that you recruit people not only to buy and sell your product, but who will also recruit people who will not only buy and sell your product but also recruit people....ad infinitum. Only there never is an infinitum to move towards. This may seem unusual to traditional business people. Why, you might wonder would you recruit people to compete with you? For, isn't that what you are doing when you recruit people to sell the same products you are selling? MLM magic will convince you that it is reasonable to recruit competitors because they won't really be competitors since you will get a cut of their profits. This will take your mind off the fact that no matter how big your town or market, it is finite. The well will go dry soon enough. There will always be some distributors who will make money in an MLM scheme. The majority, however, must fail due to the intrinsic nature of all pyramid schemes.

Multi-level marketing is system of marketing which puts more emphasis upon the recruiting of distributors than on the selling of products. As such, it is intrinsically flawed. MLM is very attractive, however, because it sells hope and appears to be outside the mainstream of business as usual. It promises wealth and independence to all. Unfortunately, no matter what the product, MLM is doomed to produce more failures than successes. For every MLM distributor who makes a decent living or even a decent supplemental income, there are at least ten who do little more than buy products and promotional materials, costing them much more than they will ever earn as an MLM agent. The most successful MLM scheme is Amway. It has millions of distributors worldwide with sales in the billions. At the turn of the century, the average Amway distributor earned about $700 a year in sales, but spent about $1,000 a year on Amway products. Distributors also have other expenses related to the business, e.g., telephone, gas, motivational meetings, and publicity material (Amway.com; Klebniov 1991).

The reason MLM schemes cannot succeed is because MLM marketing is, in essence, a legal pyramid scheme. The basic idea is for a sales person to recruit more sales persons. This is very advantageous to those who own the company and supply the products, especially since the sales persons in MLMs are also customers. But it is puzzling why a sales person would think it is to his or her advantage to increase the number of competing sales persons.

This is not to say there is no benefit to MLM membership. You might get certain tax write-offs, for a time. You get to buy products, some of which you might be happy with or at least convince yourself that you are. You get to go to inspirational meetings, some of which will make you feel good. You may meet new friends and you may even make a few (and I mean few) bucks. But more than likely you will end up alienating some family and friends. You will probably end up buying more stuff than you sell. And you will learn a lot about deceiving yourself and others. You won't be allowed to tell anyone how you are really doing, for example. You will always have to think positive, even if that means lying. You will have to tell anyone who asks that you are doing great, that business is wonderful, that you've never seen anything go so fast and bring you income so quickly, even if it isn't true. Hmmm............. who does this remind you of? lol

A Life Aloft
08-19-2010, 10:55 PM
It's too bad, that this doesn't happen more often:

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a district court ruling requiring marketers of Seasilver, an alleged phony cure-all, to pay almost $120 million for failing to comply with an earlier order requiring them to pay $3 million in consumer redress.

The Court of Appeals decision, issued on April 10, 2008, affirmed a district court order requiring Jason and Bela Berkes, Seasilver, USA, Inc., and Americaloe, Inc., to pay almost $120 million under an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission. The March 2004 order barred them from making false or misleading claims and included a $120 million judgment that would be suspended if they paid $3 million within a specified time. The defendants did not meet the required payment terms, and in June 2006 a district court granted the Commission’s request to enforce the stipulated judgment. The defendants appealed the decision.

According to the FTC, the defendants claimed that the dietary supplement “Seasilver” was clinically proven to treat or cure 650 diseases, including cancer and AIDS, and cause rapid, substantial, and permanent weight loss without dieting. The agency alleged that the claims were false and unsubstantiated.

The Federal Trade Commission’s initial action against the defendants was part of “Operation Cure.All,” a comprehensive law enforcement and consumer education campaign to combat health-related fraud on the Internet. Law enforcement actions were coordinated among the FTC, the Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada, Canada’s Competition Bureau, and state Attorneys General against unscrupulous marketers who prey upon seriously ill consumers.

Seriously?
08-20-2010, 06:14 PM
This is not to say there is no benefit to MLM membership. You might get certain tax write-offs, for a time. You get to buy products, some of which you might be happy with or at least convince yourself that you are. You get to go to inspirational meetings, some of which will make you feel good. You may meet new friends and you may even make a few (and I mean few) bucks. But more than likely you will end up alienating some family and friends. You will probably end up buying more stuff than you sell. And you will learn a lot about deceiving yourself and others. You won't be allowed to tell anyone how you are really doing, for example. You will always have to think positive, even if that means lying. You will have to tell anyone who asks that you are doing great, that business is wonderful, that you've never seen anything go so fast and bring you income so quickly, even if it isn't true. Hmmm............. who does this remind you of? lol
Our favorite born-again? Coach's lackey?

Blue Wolf
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Our sublingual B-12 is patented...many of those cheaper brands are violating the patent...if they don't care about patent laws who knows what else they don't care about.

They're not violating anything.

I don't understand why you said that.

A patent is only temporary.

The TriVita website claims that Alfred Libby was awarded the patent back in 1984.

So I looked it up on patentstorm and here it is:

Process for introducing vitamin B-12 into the bloodstream - US Patent 4432975 Full Text (http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4432975/fulltext.html)

Notice that it says the patent was issued on Feb. 21, 1984 and expired on Oct. 19, 2001.

I know you don't like the competition, Wil . . . but you don't need to make up lies about them violating the law.

littleroundman
08-21-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't understand why you said that.

That's the whole point many anti MLMers are continually making.

Anyone who has heard the old "once bitten, twice shy" philosophy becomes increasingly aware that in many/most cases, it's more prudent to assume EVERYTHING being said is a lie/exaggeration/error by omission/half truth or spindoctoring, and then work back from there to find the fact of the matter.

There's absolutely no point in trying to work out the logic or sense in why something is being claimed by the company and/or salesperson.

Now, perhaps, people are starting to understand why "marketing" and "public relations" are 4 or 5 year courses.

It's not because it takes 4 or 5 years to learn how to "tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" believe me.

WishfulThinking
08-21-2010, 07:42 AM
In God We Trust - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-10-21/news/in-god-we-trust/)

Extraordinarily informative article ALA and well worth the read.

If it isnt sufficient that Trivita, along with other businesess in the so called Wellness Industry make claims that bring false hope to sufferers of illnesses, some of them can even be damaging. This alone demonstrates an extreme amorality on the part of its producers and promoters.

When you couple this with the fact that its CEO is the son of a man who has also specialized in capitalizing on the desperate through his dubious credit councilling business, Help Ministries (does affinity fraud ring a bell here?), then you have a picture of a family dynasty whose business appears to be robbing the poor to feed the rich, and using whatever claims to faith that serve their interests.

Surely people who are involved in Trivita must be concerned that, not only do its product claims not stand up but that the background of its owners is not medical, health or wellness, but selling a "feel good" product to those in need, the majority of whose revenue ends up in the pockets of a mysterious for-profit business owned by an insider. The relationship between the two businesses and their CEOs speaks volumes and not about health and wellness.

Kindness12
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Supplements and modern drugs often upset the tummy that is why many say to take with a meal to help to prevent this. It is an accepted medical standard to give things that upset the tummy or abdomen and other side effects when they believe the benefits out weigh the risks. Any things can be over done. Each person can figure out what works for them with medications, vitamins, minerals, supplements and herbs. Balance is key. I start off with 1/3rd or half of the recommend ended dosage of anything that I take to see how my body responds to it. Not everyone will feel obvious effects from anything that they take. When someone is deficient in a vitamin when they take it to replenish it, it can take time for them to feel the benefits. Our colon absorbs things as well as things under the tongue getting into our blood stream quicker. How each person's body responds can be a little different yet, similar. I have known people with blood test proof of vitamin deficiencies that felt fine. Have known people that were given vitamins and felt immediate medically proven in front of doctors effects. All products have what is called an average standard as a guide on how to take it, for some it will be too much and for some it will be too little. My dog takes a seizure medication that for years a very low dose worked on him that the lab kept saying shouldn't help him at all. He had a physical trauma that triggered his seizures. There are health food stores that are expensive, too. The health and medical industry all believe that people will pay a lot for their health. I agree, with researching all companies and products. Sometimes, the cheaper versions are okay but, sometimes they are not. They can say it dissolves under the tongue because it does even if it takes awhile for some. Health products often are expected to do more than they can by many people. Knew a guy that could drink a case of beer and not act drunk, could walk, talk, think clearly but he had been drinking for years so his body was what is called acclamated to the beer. Have known people that one beer & they were out cold or couldn't function. MLM is a legal business but it doesn't work the way most people are comfortable with business working. It takes a lot of work to succeed in a MLM business. Most products have multiple people making a profit off of them and that happens in MLM businesses, too. Prayers for wisdom & balance in all that everyone does. Thanks for reading. :O} All Rights Reserved

Kindness12
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
A business can describe what they think a product might do as long as they put on their product that the statements haven't been evaluated by the FDA. ARR

Kindness12
02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
In both Amway and Trivita the sales person has the option for retail sales and not MLM. MLM is to give discounts to people when they are a member. It isn't different than Sam's Whole Sale / Bulk membership businesses. They ask you to tell others. They won't let you in without paying them. Yet, if someone buys something you recommend they get all the profit while in MLM the profit is shared but yes, often people at the bottom don't make much in MLM without recruiting when in retail you can make a profit without recruiting members. arr

Soapboxmom
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Kindness 12, welcome to the site. These MLMs often sell around 50 - 90% or more of their products inside the pyramid to other distributors. That is the fatal flaw in my opinion and in fact that puts many in a position of barely passing legal muster depending on the jurisdiction. Also, it has been shown on numerous occasions that these products are overpriced and overhyped. The companies know that individual distributors will make claims that the company legally can't and that is why they choose this marketing method. Most of these products as priced and presented could not compete in the real world marketplace.

You make a good point about side effects. Any prescribed drug, MLM sold supplement or other product one consumes can have side effects and that suggest consulting with one's doctor when using anything is prudent!

Soapboxmom