PDA

View Full Version : Fracknation - The Truth About Fracting

Edmund129
08-17-2013, 09:12 PM
The Truth about Fracking has been grossly miss represented by Hollywood and HBO's propaganda peace gas nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03IYdHpvAM

Fracting has been around since the 1940's.

Flaming water has been around even when the Native Americans were living here in America centurys before fracking was invented.

http://fracknation.com/

Spector567
08-17-2013, 09:26 PM
The Truth about Fracting has been grossly miss represented by Hollywood and HBO's propaganda peace gas nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03IYdHpvAM

Fracting has been around since the 1940's.
Ed..... If you want to complain about propaganda can you please provide us a source that was not created as propaganda itself.

littleroundman
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Yep,

when I want to find out about something important, I always go to You Tube to see if I can find a clip from a movie made by someone I have never heard about.

scratchycat
08-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/FrackNation

Since our report on the documentary film "Gasland II" aired on Monday, August 12th, the story has generated online buzz. We’ve received emails and tweets from people across the country as well as Facebook posts and online comments.

Much of this traffic has been in response to the full unedited interview we did with “GasLand” director Josh Fox.

More "Gas" on the Fire | Aspen Public Radio (http://aspenpublicradio.org/post/more-gas-fire)

ProfHenryHiggins
08-18-2013, 04:13 PM
In general, I disregard anything Edmund129 claims. It's not a matter of the message being meaningless, but of a messenger who cries "human" at every falling leaf or passing shadow. I'm not going to be bothered to look for possible grains of salt in things heralded by someone who embraces every conspiracy theory and piece of quackery that he sees without the slightest sign of critical thinking on his own part. It's a waste of my time to even try.

Whip
08-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Are you saying that there might not even be a frack-tion of truth to any of this?

Whip
08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
what happens if your vehicle loses fracktion in the winter?

scratchycat
08-20-2013, 08:30 AM
what happens if your vehicle loses fracktion in the winter?

Look out ditch, here I come!!

I mean really you guys don't believe these videos? Gas does spew from the river beds in Alabama USA, I saw it, rather ghost-like too. Fracktion, - not sure.

laidback
08-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Are you saying that there might not even be a frack-tion of truth to any of this?

Maybe, but it's like trying ti pick the fly crap out of the pepper...!

Whip
08-20-2013, 01:48 PM
At least we can feel safe knowing those large pteryfracktyls don't exist any more.

laidback
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
At least we can feel safe knowing those large pteryfracktyls don't exist any more.

Where's Frick???

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Ten big fat lies about fracking | Phelim McAleer | spiked (http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/ten_big_fat_lies_about_fracking/13944#.UhYqdLwhbf8)

helim McAleer, an Irish filmmaker based in America whose pro-fracking movie FrackNation is described by the New York Times as ‘meticulously researched and provocative’, has had his fair share of run-ins with ‘fracktivists’. Here, he picks apart the 10 biggest lies told by the anti-fracking lobby.

1) Anti-fracking activists are nice people who love debate

Actually, far from being liberal, open-minded souls bringing truth to power in a kinder, gentler way, anti-fracking activists have chosen a new disposition: angry! I guess no one told the fracktivists that just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean we can’t get along. Watch Vera Scroggins, for example.

Vera, an anti-fracking, Sierra Club-endorsed activist from Pennsylvania, adds to the ‘dialogue’ with such constructive comments as:

‘You’re a freak.’
‘You’re a male prostitute.’
‘You’re an Irish freak. Go drink some alcohol.’
‘Go get drunk and be a drunken Irish freak.’
‘You’re an alien. You look like a f***ing alien.’

Or take actor and activist Alec Baldwin. In the run-up to a debate about fracking in the Hamptons that he was taking part in, following a screening of the anti-fracking movie Gasland, Baldwin approached the New York Independent Oil and Gas Association (IOGA) to see if it could suggest a speaker who was not as anti-fracking as the other speakers on the panel. IOGA suggested me as an independent voice, a journalist with an international perspective who has researched fracking for over two years in two continents. But suddenly Baldwin was no longer interested in debate or diversity of opinion, and he vetoed me from the panel. Then, a few hours later, he popped up on Twitter and posted the following:

@phelimmcaleer Come debate me, Phelim, you lumpy old gas whore. Who’s paying you?
— ABFoundation, 1 June 2013

@phelimmcaleer Phelim, you are a dreadful filmmaker. But come debate me, you tired old bullshitter.
— @ABFalecbaldwin, 1 June 2013

Sean Lennon - son of peace activists John Lennon and Yoko Ono - thought that someone who disagreed with him on fracking was a good ‘argument for abortion’.

Or, if you’re still not convinced, just peruse the comments on my movie’s Facebook page left by anti-fracking activists. Such pleasant people!

2) Everyone hates fracking

From news coverage, you would think that everyone in America hates fracking. Even the name sounds awful. Who could support such a terrible practice?

Well, it turns out that just about everyone who lives with it loves it.

Dimock, Pennsylvania is one place where all journalists reported that everyone hates fracking. Yes, there were 11 families in the village involved in a very lucrative lawsuit with an oil-and-gas company, and the journalists always interviewed them. But they completely ignored a petition signed by 1,500 people in the community who said their water was fine and had not been affected by fracking. What is 11 out of 1,500? Less than 1%. It’s the 99% who support fracking.

There is one other group that is opposed to fracking in Pennsylvania - the New York elite. This coalition of grumpy hipsters and celebrities have holiday homes in Pennsylvania, or they’re concerned that if a new industry brings wealth and progress to PA then the ‘traditional’ (read poor) way of life there will be destroyed.

So once or twice a year, the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Susan Sarandon and Yoko Ono get bussed in from the city to meet disgruntled locals, and then are chauffeured back to their gas-heated homes after another day of successfully blocking natural-gas development.

If you want proof positive that communities love fracking, look no further than the ballot box. Consider this US Businessweek report on the 2012 election: ‘Anti-fracking candidates in the Southern Tier [New York] were beaten up and down the ballot after intense campaigns, some of which were framed as referendums on shale-gas development.’

At least 20 anti-fracking candidates were rejected by New York voters (New York is supposed to be the heartland of anti-fracking sentiment). But hey, keep protesting, fracktivists - after all, democracy is for the little people, and you can walk all over them on your way to your next starry TV interview about the ‘evils’ of fracking.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Ten big fat lies about fracking | Phelim McAleer | spiked (http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/ten_big_fat_lies_about_fracking/13944#.UhYqdLwhbf8)

3) Fracking is brand new and untested

Pop quiz: how long has fracking been around? Here are your choices:

a) Since 2010
b) Since 1990
c) Since 1975
d) Since 1960

Sorry, you’re wrong. Trick question. The first fracked well was in 1947! And more than one million wells have been fracked in the US since then (2.5million worldwide). In terms of industrial processes, it doesn’t get much older or more thoroughly tested than fracking.

4) Fracking makes your water flammable

No lie about fracking is more widely believed than this old canard. It was popularised by Josh Fox in his HBO-funded documentary, Gasland. In it he shows a man who can light his tap water on fire, supposedly because of fracking.

I asked Josh about reports that some people could light their water before fracking occurred. He didn’t like this question.

He eventually admitted that he knew people could light their tap water on fire decades before fracking ever started but chose not to include this fact in his documentary because ‘it wasn’t relevant’.

There are three places in the US called Burning Springs, and there are historical records of people lighting their water since the 1600s.

5) Fracking contaminates drinking water

If fracking doesn’t make your water flammable, it must at least contaminate it with dangerous chemicals, right?

Not according to Lisa Jackson, the former head of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and no friend to big business. She testified before Congress that there have been zero proven cases of water contamination due to fracking.

That’s right - one million fracked wells later, there are no examples of contaminated water anywhere. Zero.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:32 PM

6) Fracking uses a lot of dangerous chemicals

Fracking fluid is 98.5% water, 1% sand, and 0.5% chemical additives. Some of these additives are also used in making ice cream! Colorado’s Democratic governor, John Hickenlooper, drank fracking fluid to prove its safety to his local residents.

But these are still chemicals and we should be scared of them – that is the cry of the fracktivists. But water is a chemical. Coffee has a whole bunch of chemicals in it. Everything is a chemical. Don’t be duped by bad science (like the people these American comedians convinced to ban the scary sounding ‘dihydrogen monoxide’).

7) Fracking causes breast cancer

In his short film, The Sky is Pink, Josh Fox claimed that a spike in breast cancer in Texas was a result of fracking. Turns out he was wrong. Again. (Seems like a theme for Josh.)

The Associated Press interviewed leading cancer researchers who all concluded: there was no spike.

Did Fox apologise for scaring women and families? No. He’s an environmental activist. The media don’t ask him difficult questions or demand that he clears the record. Less than a year later, HBO released Gasland Part 2, Fox’s sequel about the dangers of fracking. There was no mention of breast cancer in it, and he has never withdrawn his original claim. This is the anti-fracking playbook. Scare people, get media attention. And when the science comes in debunking the scare story, move on to the next scare story.

8) Fracking uses a ton of water

Even fracking fans have a hard time swallowing the water stats for fracked wells: the EPA estimates that fracking used between 70 and 140 billion gallons of water in 2011. That sounds like a lot of H2O. Unless you have a lawn.

Americans use 20 times more water on their lawns than they do on fracking.

9) Fracking should be banned because it causes earthquakes

One of the scarier arguments against fracking is that it causes earthquakes, especially if you live in a tectonically charged US state, like I do. Yet all activity under the ground affects the earth, and if you don’t like this fact then you should also campaign to ban supposedly eco-friendly hydro-power, which actually has caused earthquakes (but they only affected Indians, so environmentalists don’t care – just so long as the energy created was ‘sustainable’).

But the biggest cause of man-made earthquakes is the environmentalists’ favourite power source: geo-thermal. It seems that some earthquakes are more equal than others.

10) Fracking destroys the landscape and disturbs bucolic rural America

The process of fracking (which is separate from drilling) is noisy and looks messy - for a few days. Then the land is reclaimed and the industry moves on to the next area. All the scary photos of huge machinery and big trucks are taken during this initial process. Which is a bit like photographing the building site of a half-built house and saying all house-building should be banned. As a filmmaker, my biggest problem was trying to film working gas wells in a way that would look interesting. They are tiny and often hidden behind hills or behind bushes and trees.

Oh, and fracking does create traffic. That claim is true. Locals call this ‘jobs’. They generally like it. They may complain sometimes but they know that the only thing worse than traffic in rural America is no traffic.

Phelim McAleer is co-director of FrackNation.

Picture: Michael G McKinne / Shutterstock.com

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Ed..... If you want to complain about propaganda can you please provide us a source that was not created as propaganda itself.

Spector567,

It is you that is the real propogandists, just like the other Environmental NAZI's are.

1) Fracting uses 99.5% water and 0.5% chemicals that are normally used in food additives approved by the FDA as edible.

2) Flaming water has been around for hundreds of years as claimed by the Native American Tribes. There are even 3 towns in the Eastern United states named after flaming waters. That is because these springs, rivers and lakes have always had a rich source of natural gas (Methane) in them long before fracking was even invented. Even the people that live in these communities have always had flaming natural gas coming out of their tap water for as long as they have lived there.

3) Fracking permits fewer wells to be dug because the frackign technology permits drilling in he horizontal direction, meaning there is far less need to disrupt the land surface with more wells.

4) Natural gas burns cleaner than coal and gasoline, yet these same environmental NAZI's insist it is worse, when in a matter of fact it is not worse, it is much cleaner.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Yep,

when I want to find out about something important, I always go to You Tube to see if I can find a clip from a movie made by someone I have never heard about.

Youtube has more veiwers than most other major TV networks.

Youtube can have many more lagitamate sources than the state controlled news media that lies 900% of the time at the direction of our fascist government dictators.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 03:54 PM
In general, I disregard anything Edmund129 claims. It's not a matter of the message being meaningless, but of a messenger who cries "human" at every falling leaf or passing shadow. I'm not going to be bothered to look for possible grains of salt in things heralded by someone who embraces every conspiracy theory and piece of quackery that he sees without the slightest sign of critical thinking on his own part. It's a waste of my time to even try.

I've personally talked to people and experts in the field of Fracking, crude oil and natural gas and what is in this Fracknation Documentary is 100% accurate and true. The fascist lying propogandist of the Environmental movement is flat out lying about everything when it comes to fracking, natural gas, fossile fuels, etc., ... Without these vital fossile fuel products we would all be living in the stone age. And none of the pinko commie Environmental Fascist would last 5 minutes living in the stone age.

1) Without fossile fuels there would be no transportation. Horse and buggies could only travel on average 25 miles per day, and that is only if the weather was perfect and not geological obsticles in the way like rivers, creeks, lakes, canyons or mountains.

2) Without fossile fuels there would be no law enforcement, no paramedics, no resque 911, no careflight helicopters, no heat for the winter, no air conditioning for the summer, no way to preserve our food in refridgerators, etc., ...

3) Without fossile fuels there would be no synthetic fibers for our clothes, no synthetic rubber for our tires, no paints, no laquers, no wax, no jet fuel, no heating oils, etc., ...

There is nothing conspiratorial about that, those are just the naked mercalis facts.

ProfHenryHiggins
08-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I've personally talked to people and experts in the field of Fracking, crude oil and natural gas and what is in this Fracknation Documentary is 100% accurate and true. The fascist lying propogandist of the Environmental movement is flat out lying about everything when it comes to fracking, natural gas, fossile fuels, etc., ... Without these vital fossile fuel products we would all be living in the stone age. And none of the pinko commie Environmental Fascist would last 5 minutes living in the stone age.

1) Without fossile fuels there would be no transportation. Horse and buggies could only travel on average 25 miles per day, and that is only if the weather was perfect and not geological obsticles in the way like rivers, creeks, lakes, canyons or mountains.

2) Without fossile fuels there would be no law enforcement, no paramedics, no resque 911, no careflight helicopters, no heat for the winter, no air conditioning for the summer, no way to preserve our food in refridgerators, etc., ...

3) Without fossile fuels there would be no synthetic fibers for our clothes, no synthetic rubber for our tires, no paints, no laquers, no wax, no jet fuel, no heating oils, etc., ...

There is nothing conspiratorial about that, those are just the naked mercalis facts.

Mortal, you are still a worthless clod of babbling voices without an electron in your own name.
You've proven yourself to be a messenger with no message, just noise. Nothing you can say at this point is going to change that, after the way you've soiled your own name. Not until you learn to speak for yourself, rather than on behalf of any bandwagon you jump on. To use a Japanese symbolism, you have NO FACE.

littleroundman
08-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Wolves howl to maintain contact

Wolves howl to maintain social contacts, not because of stress, researchers have found.
Scientists at Austria's Wolf Science Centre had wondered about the reaction of their animals when one is taken for a walk.

Typically, handlers took individual wolves out on a leash for long walks, one at a time. Whenever this happened, the pack-mates left behind always howled.

To better understand why, researchers measured the wolves' stress hormones and collected information about status and relationships within the pack.

They learned that wolves howl more when a wolf they have a better relationship with, or one of higher social rank, leaves the group.

There was no link between the amount of howling and levels of the stress hormone cortisol.

The findings, published in the online journal Current Biology, indicate that social relationships better explain howling variation than wolves' emotional states.

"Our data suggest that howling is not a simple stress response to being separated from close associates but instead may be used more flexibly to maintain contact and perhaps to aid in being reunited with allies," said study leader Dr Friederike Range, from the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna.

Lost contact with your pack Edmund, is that your problem ??

ProfHenryHiggins
08-22-2013, 06:36 PM

Let me point out just a few of the ways your examples and claims are wrong.

You say that people can't heat their homes in the winter without fossil fuels? Funny that, but the word "stove" refers to a device for doing just that, far older than any plastic or reliance on petrol.

You claim that there wouldn't be law enforcement without fossil fuels? Pray tell, how did the Sumerians manage their advances in the field of law and human rights than? How did Gilbert & Sullivan write plays that includes constables, prior to the fossil fuel era? Magistrates existed long before black oil was used much, Edmund.

Transportation? Again you fail history, as well as an understanding of what the human body is capable of. You don't need to be an athlete to be able to travel 30-40 miles per day on your own two feet. And the horse, while a useful companion, is hardly the only beast of burden able to transport materials or people. Burros? Dogsleds? Oxen? Camels?

Food preservation? Let's see... dried fruits & meats, canned food of all sorts, candied fruits, salted meats, smoked meats, vegetables with a long storage life (winter radish, hard marrows, nuts, etc. all come to mind), cheeses. You do know that refrigeration is possible, if harder to manage, without electricity don't you? The ancient Romans and Persians had ice in the midst of summer, after all.

Paint and lacquer both greatly predate usage of fossil fuels. Ever visited an art museum to admire works from the Renaissance? Paint was around. Likewise, the Chinese and Indians had lacquer thousands of years ago... the term "lacquer" has a root wood "lac," the type of insect that was used to make these decorative and protective coatings.

As far as synthetic fibers and synthetic rubber, recall that these are both synthetic. Replacements for older natural products (cotton, wool, flax) invented during times of shortage. The originals are very much still around to grow and use.
No wax? Have you forgotten what bees are known for making their homes out of?

What a whining simpleton you must be, to so blithely assume that current lifestyles are the only way to do things.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Mortal, you are still a worthless clod of babbling voices without an electron in your own name.
You've proven yourself to be a messenger with no message, just noise. Nothing you can say at this point is going to change that, after the way you've soiled your own name. Not until you learn to speak for yourself, rather than on behalf of any bandwagon you jump on. To use a Japanese symbolism, you have NO FACE.

You have spoken like the true Environmental Fascist that you are, you get your hard on every time hundreds of millions of innocent people are slaughtered by the brutal dictators that use your fascist propaganda to justify their torment and eradication.

It is you (ProfHenryHiggins) that has proven your scientific illiteracy and tree hugging propaganda in place of common sense scientific facts.

ProfHenryHiggins
08-22-2013, 11:49 PM
You have spoken like the true Environmental Fascist that you are, you get your hard on every time hundreds of millions of innocent people are slaughtered by the brutal dictators that use your fascist propaganda to justify their torment and eradication.

It is you (ProfHenryHiggins) that has proven your scientific illiteracy and tree hugging propaganda in place of common sense scientific facts.

Silly mortal... I haven't even touched on the merits (or flaws) of the film you are promoting. I'm digging my talons into Edmund129. Do you know what happened to the last person who accused me of being a liberal fanatic in real life? Let us just say that his mind broke when he realized that I had quite different views than what he was expecting me to hold.

Edmund129
08-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Let me point out just a few of the ways your examples and claims are wrong.

You say that people can't heat their homes in the winter without fossil fuels? Funny that, but the word "stove" refers to a device for doing just that, far older than any plastic or reliance on petrol.

So you really think that chopping down trees is healthier for the environment than using fossile fuels which doesn't require us to chop down a single tree. Can you spell Anwar, Alaska? Thousands of square miles of natural treeless artic tundra.

You claim that there wouldn't be law enforcement without fossil fuels? Pray tell, how did the Sumerians manage their advances in the field of law and human rights than? How did Gilbert & Sullivan write plays that includes constables, prior to the fossil fuel era? Magistrates existed long before black oil was used much, Edmund.

Transportation? Again you fail history, as well as an understanding of what the human body is capable of. You don't need to be an athlete to be able to travel 30-40 miles per day on your own two feet. And the horse, while a useful companion, is hardly the only beast of burden able to transport materials or people. Burros? Dogsleds? Oxen? Camels?

There was near ZERO law enforcement during those olden days, that is why it was mandatory for everyone to carry their own guns. You couldn't call 911 or expect the sheriff to come running to your rescue. 99.9% of the population had to defend themselves, only those that lived next door to the Marshals office in a small town or large city ever received any kind of protection from criminals or assassins.

That was better know as the wild west days...

The Life expectancy during those days was about 18 years of age, because civilization was still primitive with only 1 in 5 births successful, and no one able to fight off disease. Most people died in their child hood, long before they could reach adult hood.

Food preservation? Let's see... dried fruits & meats, canned food of all sorts, candied fruits, salted meats, smoked meats, vegetables with a long storage life (winter radish, hard marrows, nuts, etc. all come to mind), cheeses. You do know that refrigeration is possible, if harder to manage, without electricity don't you? The ancient Romans and Persians had ice in the midst of summer, after all.

Yes, and back in those days people died by the millions from dysentery every year from eating those kinds of foods, because those methods of preserving food wasn't as sanitary as refrigeration.

They didn't have to feed 7 billion people back in those days with only 3% of one or two countries population doing the farming. Preserving foods for transportation into places where they can't grow food. If we eradicated refrigeration like you are suggesting, billions of people around the world would starve to death.

Currently only 3% of America's population does the farming and growing, and from that they feed 320 million Americans and 3.5 billion people around the world, it would be impossible to pull that off without refrigeration and fossil fuels.

Paint and lacquer both greatly predate usage of fossil fuels. Ever visited an art museum to admire works from the Renaissance? Paint was around. Likewise, the Chinese and Indians had lacquer thousands of years ago... the term "lacquer" has a root wood "lac," the type of insect that was used to make these decorative and protective coatings.

As far as synthetic fibers and synthetic rubber, recall that these are both synthetic. Replacements for older natural products (cotton, wool, flax) invented during times of shortage. The originals are very much still around to grow and use.
No wax? Have you forgotten what bees are known for making their homes out of?

Most of those raw materials came from the killing of millions of Whales, Orcas, Walruses, seals, elephants, rinos, plants and trees. Which was far more destructive to the environment than killing Barrels of oil, which doesn't require us to kill a single plant or animal to explore for it, drill for it, pump it out of the ground, refine it or use it. However you Environmental Fascists would rather kill these Majestic plants and animals so that some oil worker can't get a job to provide for his family, or some rich oil executive can make an honest days wages.

What a whining simpleton you must be, to so blithely assume that current lifestyles are the only way to do things.

living in the stone age as you suggested would reduce the average life expectancy back to 18 like it was in 1900. You will end up killing billions of innocent people around the world with starvation.

You Pinko commie Environmental fascists wouldn't last 5 minutes living in the stone age.

ProfHenryHiggins
08-23-2013, 12:00 AM
So you really think that chopping down trees is healthier for the environment than using fossile fuels which doesn't require us to chop down a single tree. Can you spell Anwar, Alaska? hundreds of thousands of treeless artic tundra.

There was near ZERO law enforcement during those olden days, that is why it was mandatory for everyone to carry their own guns. You couldn't call 911 or expect the sheriff to come running to your rescue. 99.9% of the population had to defend themselves, only those that lived next door to the Marshals office in a small town are large city ever received any kind of protection from criminals or assassins.

The Life expectancy during those days was about 18 years of age, because civilization was still primitive with only 1 in 5 births successful, and no one able to fight off disease. Most people died in their child hood, long before they could reach adult hood.

Yes, and back in those days people died by the millions from dysentery every year from eating those kinds of foods, because those methods of preserving food wasn't as sanitary as refrigeration.

They didn't have to feed 7 billion people back in those days with only 3% of one or two countries population doing the farming. Preserving foods for transportation into places where they can't grow food. If we eradicated refrigeration like you are suggesting, billions of people around the world would starve to death.

Currently only 3% of America's population does the farming and growing, and from that they feed 320 million Americans and 3.5 billion people around the world, it would be impossible to pull that off without refrigeration and fossil fuels.

Most of those raw materials came from the killing of millions of Whales, Orcas, Walruses, seals, elephants, rinos, plants and trees. Which was far more destructive to the environment than killing Barrels of oil, which doesn't require us to kill a single plant or animal to explore for it, drill for it, pump it out of the ground, refine it or use it. However you Environmental Fascists would rather kill these Majestic plants and animals so that some oil worker can't get a job to provide for his family, or some rich oil executive can make an honest days wages.

living in the stone age as you suggested would reduce the average life expectancy back to 18 like it was in 1900. You will end up killing billions of innocent people around the world with starvation.

You Pinko commie Environmental fascists wouldn't last 5 minutes living in the stone age.

Let me point out that the average life expectancy in 1900 was approx. 46 years.
Life expectancy in the USA, 1900-98 (http://demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html)

Let me also point out that I wasn't espousing or suggesting things, merely pointing out the facts to counter your misleading screaming.

Now let me remind you of something else. I'm of demonic ancestry. What is our life expectancy and how old do you think I am, mortal man? How much of mankind's progress over the centuries have I witnessed firsthand? How many of the problems you are screeching so rabidly about are things that I've watched humanity overcome, not with fossil fuels but with cleverness and determination?

And why on Earth are you talking like the worst stereotypes of Joseph McCarthy?

nomaxim
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Let me also point out that I wasn't espousing or suggesting things, merely pointing out the facts to counter your misleading screaming.Well, its not like that is anything new here, or any other forum for that matter.

http://www.bengals.com/assets/images/soap.gif

(Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up. :RpS_wink:)

Edmund129
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Let me point out that the average life expectancy in 1900 was approx. 46 years.
Life expectancy in the USA, 1900-98 (http://demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html)

Let me also point out that I wasn't espousing or suggesting things, merely pointing out the facts to counter your misleading screaming.

Now let me remind you of something else. I'm of demonic ancestry. What is our life expectancy and how old do you think I am, mortal man? How much of mankind's progress over the centuries have I witnessed firsthand? How many of the problems you are screeching so rabidly about are things that I've watched humanity overcome, not with fossil fuels but with cleverness and determination?

And why on Earth are you talking like the worst stereotypes of Joseph McCarthy?

According to the American Cancer society the average life expectancy in 1900 was 18 years of age. The numbers you quoted ignore the high mortality rate at birth. Your number are skewed by ignoring high mortality birth rates. In 1900 only one birth out of 5 was successful. The definition of a successful birth is when both mother and baby survive birth and both live at least one year without dying.

Senator Joseph McCarthy was a patriot and a hero that wanted to clean up the horrific corruption in Washington D.C. and had discovered in the 1950's that there were more KGB agents in Washington D.C. than there were American Citizens, America had already become a satellite country puppet of the Soviet Union. If Joseph McCarthy had been permitted to complete his clean up of corruption in Washington D.C.; President John F. Kennedy would not of been assassinated by KGB Agent Lee Harvey Oswald for humiliating the Soviet Union exactly a year earlier in the Cuban Missile Crisis.

These facts were confirmed when the KGB files were opened in 1995...

Edmund129
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
More Examples of the Hypocrisy of the Environmental Fascists that make up the anti-fracking movement:

Notice how often and frequently they use fossil fuel products and by-products in their anti-fossil fuel protests!!!

littleroundman
08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
AHA !!!!

I finally got it.

Edmund is a budding stand up comedian and he's here trying out his new routine on us.

His posts finally make sense.

ProfHenryHiggins
08-25-2013, 08:21 PM
According to the American Cancer society the average life expectancy in 1900 was 18 years of age. The numbers you quoted ignore the high mortality rate at birth. Your number are skewed by ignoring high mortality birth rates. In 1900 only one birth out of 5 was successful. The definition of a successful birth is when both mother and baby survive birth and both live at least one year without dying.

Please show where the American Cancer Society claimed that. Or should I contact them to report you making misleading claims putting words in the charity's mouth?

Considering that life expectancy at birth was approx. 34 years when the USA was found in the late 1700s, I would say that you are listening to nonsense yet again with your fingers in your ears to any discussion otherwise. Too bad what you are doing isn't illegal; that's the main factor keeping me from naming & shaming you like I do cash gifters. I don't do that to people who are merely annoying, however.

Edmund129
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Anyone that thinks that all chemicals are bad for us, doesn't even have a clue what the real world is even made of and how even our very lives are completely dependent on chemicals just to live.

The Chemical name for Vitamin A is (2E,4E,6E,8E)-3,7-Dimethyl-9-(2,6,6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)-2,4,6,8-nonatetraen-1-ol (Retinol)

Chemical Names and chemical symbols of important vitamins that keep us alive:

Vitamin Chemical Properties, Physical Properties and General Information (http://www.chemistry.patent-invent.com/chemistry/vitamins.html)

Many of these same chemicals are used in fracking...

Edmund129
08-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Please show where the American Cancer Society claimed that. Or should I contact them to report you making misleading claims putting words in the charity's mouth?

Considering that life expectancy at birth was approx. 34 years when the USA was found in the late 1700s, I would say that you are listening to nonsense yet again with your fingers in your ears to any discussion otherwise. Too bad what you are doing isn't illegal; that's the main factor keeping me from naming & shaming you like I do cash gifters. I don't do that to people who are merely annoying, however.

If you measure average life Expectancy In 1900 the exact same way it is measured today, the average life expectancy was 18 years of age in 1900...

In 1900 there was no running water for most of the first world's masses.

In 1900 vaccine use was still being debated.

In 1900 there were no antibiotics invented yet, Penicillin wasn't invented until the late 1930's and not widely used until the 1940's.

In 1900 there was no prenatal care.

In 1900 there were no Automobiles, airplanes, motorcycles or trucks.

In 1900 most of medicine was primitive and useless.

In 1900 Type 1 Diabetes was lethal and killed 100% of its victims within 1 to 2 weeks. Insulin wasn't discovered and used until 1927.

In 1900 Childhood diseases killed millions each and every year. Today we get antibiotics and vaccines and rarely think about its threat to human life.

In 1900 Agriculture was very primitive without high speed high powered Automobiles (Tractors, trucks, etc.,...) , one farmer could barely feed his family plus 10 other families. Most people had to do their own farming or starve to death; instead of becoming doctors, airline pilots, engineers, etc., ...

ProfHenryHiggins
08-30-2013, 01:45 PM
If you measure average life Expectancy In 1900 the exact same way it is measured today, the average life expectancy was 18 years of age in 1900...

In 1900 there was no running water for most of the first world's masses.

In 1900 vaccine use was still being debated.

In 1900 there were no antibiotics invented yet, Penicillin wasn't invented until the late 1930's and not widely used until the 1940's.

In 1900 there was no prenatal care.

In 1900 there were no Automobiles, airplanes, motorcycles or trucks.

In 1900 most of medicine was primitive and useless.

In 1900 Type 1 Diabetes was lethal and killed 100% of its victims within 1 to 2 weeks. Insulin wasn't discovered and used until 1927.

In 1900 Childhood diseases killed millions each and every year. Today we get antibiotics and vaccines and rarely think about its threat to human life.

In 1900 Agriculture was very primitive without high speed high powered Automobiles (Tractors, trucks, etc.,...) , one farmer could barely feed his family plus 10 other families. Most people had to do their own farming or starve to death; instead of becoming doctors, airline pilots, engineers, etc., ...

Edmund, this is as crazy as your allegations that an 80% death rate per year was "normal" for the time period. No mammalian or avian species has infant mortality that high, once predation is factored out.

You claim that diabetics only lived 1-2 weeks, despite there having been medical guidance for caring for the diabetic in the 1880s? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2037674/pdf/brmedj03598-0003.pdf

You are still living in a world of your own, seeing worst case incidents and blindly labelling them as the norm. Are you familiar with the Flame Warriors series of artworks? Look up "Klaxon" in that line, and see yourself through other peoples' eyes.

Running water? The ROMANS had running water, Edmund. So does nature... it's called a stream, creek, river, etc. And throughout history, such waterways have been preferred places for people to settle and build towns. People have been digging wells for fresh, clean water for centuries, too, providing for their communities.

The basics behind automobiles were already invented and developing in the early 1800s, a full century before the time you are bemoaning. And mankind survived and even flourished for thousands of years prior to them. What, you don't think that people had developed means of doing things before technology? Do tell Europe that, as well as China. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_automobile

Likewise, if 1 farmer can manage to feed 10 families, "most" people do not need to be farmers themselves in order to survive. Basic math there, along with the definition of what "most" means.

Let me give you some reading material... not that you have the brains to understand the point I'm trying to make, but perhaps future readers of your drivel will.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/OlderThanTheyThink/Technology
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PublicMediumIgnorance

ProfHenryHiggins
08-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Many of these same chemicals are used in fracking...

In case you missed it, this thread isn't about fracking. It's about one loudmouth named Edmund Williams from Garland, Texas, and his inability to use the largest organ in his head.

Whip
08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
This thread is frackcinating.

littleroundman
08-30-2013, 07:43 PM
In 1900 Type 1 Diabetes was lethal and killed 100% of its victims within 1 to 2 weeks.

I've seen some B/S issue forth from your keyboard, Edmund, but that takes the cake.

From now on, Edmund, verify your "facts" or you are outa here.

Enough is enough.

Whip
09-01-2013, 05:24 PM
You actually expect him to do some frackt checking?