PDA

View Full Version : Phillipino Money Order Scams

Fendaril
08-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Lately I have been recieving these e-mails from spam accounts out of the blue from 'CEOs' telling me they need someone to process their money-orders.

The e-mail looks like this:

Hello canidate,i sell beautiful Electronics Appliances nationwide..

Im currently away on a Business Trip but going to return back to Usa in less than four months, so I won't be able to conduct an interview for you..

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels

it's a Part-time Job Opportunity..This Job wont take much of your time at all

I will have My mail diverted to your home as some would need immediate attention and,some would be payments from clients which you would be required to process on my
behalf.

I prefer any mail containing payments from my Associates delivered to your House

When you get my mails, you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to...I intend to pay you $1000 as weekly payment.

You will work six hrs weekly.

I need your service because I am out of town

I'd certainly meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this a full time

Let me know if you are able to handle the position. In cases where you have to do some shopping for me,

I'd email you the list of what to shop for and specific stores in you area if necessary, no heavy duty things though.

if im to send you money orders,how would you want your name to appear on the money orders

The first assignment would be coming in your name inform of moneyorders...if you
are interested kindly send the below info

YOur Name:
Street Address:
Your City:
S t a t e:
Zi p c o d e:
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
Email Address:
A g e:
Bank Name:

NOTE: reason for your bank name is just to make sure you have a bank account,i
dont need your money....

After doing some research it turns out that I am not the only one who was entrusted with other peoples hard earned money, so I sent the following reply e-mail back:

Hello Friend,

I have read that this can be used to get me to deposit fradulent money orders so that I can wire my money to untrustworthy people. Please give me assurance that this isn't a scam.

Best Regards,

Jason

Of course, I was stupid to expect a response from a real person so this is the helpful reply I got back.

Hello,sorry about the delay in replying you,the first task was sent already and you should get it latest by tuesday morning...i will keep you posted...just watch out for the payment in the mail...Thanks and God Bless

So I should trust this random god-fearing CEO is going to give me 1,000 a week for no apparent reason? I dont think so, as these idiots keep sending me more offers for 'part-time' positions and they somehow evade my report-spam filter. One sent me the same e-mail twice even after I ignored him and reported him.

Con-artists are lame, but desperate con-artists are lamer.