PDA

View Full Version : www.liveperson.com safe to get help with algebra1 exam

troy85
07-30-2013, 08:30 AM
ow im a bit confused about Customer Experience Management and Live Chat Software (http://www.liveperson.com) i found it on algebra.com were it said if you need immediate help you can log on to this site and pull up the mathematics experts and they will quote you a fee to help with your work i spoke to many experts some were quick to get out the chat some would not lower the price and some were willing to work out a deal,so going forward i made a deal with one so called expert that on Aug 1 i will pay him 40 dollars to do a 31 question exam for me he agreed and said he will submit my work in 3 days he has like 5 bad reviews out of 100's the bad ones are really bad but the good ones are glowing!

now on all the rip off reports sites they claim the psychic department is a sham well for me thats expected but for the other departments is it worth a 40 dollar risk to get help on a algebra exam its pretty difficult math but for a math professor he claims to be it should be a breeze.

so whats with the Live Persons (http://www.livepersons.com) education tutoring department will i lose my 40 bucks or should i take a shot there is not much bad i can find about it besides the psychic department someone let me know should i attempt this?

Soapboxmom
07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
First of all having the math professor complete your exam is cheating. Why go that direction? My daughter attends a local community college. We had no trouble finding a professor there that tutored math students for a very reasonable rate. Why not look for a qualified tutor to help you hone the skills you need to take the exam yourself? Much safer bet!

At the college I got to see this professor in action teaching classes and I could easily verify his credentials as he had taught there for years. I would certainly check out an online tutor carefully. I would want to know that they are the person with the credentials they claim. Lots of phonies are loose on the internet.

ribshaw
07-30-2013, 09:08 AM
I am with SBM on this one, and most other ones too. At community college years back they had other students that worked in a math lab that would help you with your work for free. And you could always hire a smart kid locally to tutor you. I suppose it depends on what your educational goals are too. If you are planning on being a chef or history teacher then a full understanding of Algebra may prove unnecessary, but if you are perusing a business, engineering, or science discipline you will need basic Algebra for later coursework. Best to learn it.

I also don't know how you don't tip your hand with something like this, lets' say you turn in a an A+ paper from your "tutor" and then have an in class test or assignment. Unless the teacher just doesn't care how do you explain your sudden lack of knowledge?

I worked pretty hard in school, but will confess to taking the odd shortcut a time or two. So if I was going to go your route, you get what you get. The risk of getting it wrong seems to very much outweigh the benefits of pulling it off. My concern is not the $40 but what if you get caught?

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 11:36 AM
ow im a bit confused about Customer Experience Management and Live Chat Software (http://www.liveperson.com) i found it on algebra.com were it said if you need immediate help you can log on to this site and pull up the mathematics experts and they will quote you a fee to help with your work

If you want help with algebra get it from a professional mathematician. If you want any help with algebraic software packages, do not trust the Internet. Write to the head librarian at The Faculty of Theoretical Maths of any Ivy League University and find out more about the best text books books on the matter. Oxford University librarians are extremely helpful.

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I am with SBM on this one, and most other ones too. At community college years back they had other students that worked in a math lab that would help you with your work for free. And you could always hire a smart kid locally to tutor you.

That is so true "ribshaw. Maths is a "gift" like music. Some have it others do not. My son wanted to start learning calculus when he was eleven and his father bought him a book called "calculus made simple" of something similar at the end of his summer term at school.. By the end of the school holidays, our son had read the book and got several other ones from the library. His father was a physics lecturer who had done two years maths at University and he could not understand what our son was saying after a few weeks. His father had taught A Level maths for several years but the boy had a gift for maths so he had to teach himself from books.

Our son's knowledge was way way ahead of his father's after six weeks self tuition. His favourite cat listened to him reciting calculus formulae for longer that any living entity in the close environs but she soon decided that the sound of his voice was no longer of any interest to her and she stalked off.

There are plenty of good books on algebra for really talented individuals.

Don't forget Nick Smirnow and his Pathway2prosperity scam. He claimed that his qualifications and post graduate degrees in algebra from Cairo University made him unique in the world of predicting evolving systems that included some financial systems. Let us hope that Nick Smirnow or some of his cronies are not behind this scam. We have more RS members with linguistic skills to check data now. Nick could speak Russian but how good was his Arabic?

Do any of these algebra related scams or posters emanate from Cairo University? Nickers could be testing the water for a come back!

Soapboxmom
07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
troy85,

Care to explain how you got from algebra.com to the links you posted???

ribshaw
08-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I always find it a little strange when someone shows up here with 1 question and we never hear from them again. Won't dwell on it, but it looks like Livesperson.com has quite a few complaints, I read a few and it aint all their psychics. LOL