PDA

View Full Version : British MP's Lobby Parliament to Reduce Internet Crime.

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 08:07 AM
The group of MPs doing this consider Internet crime to be the biggest threat in the world today. I heard a news flash about this before I went out and I have just come in. I will listen to the radio and try to find out more on the subject.

The best people to lobby MPs are the trade unions. If anybody here is a paid up member of any trade union he or she should get on to the publicity manger of that union. Some of the most powerful unions in UK are The National Union of Teachers, National Union of Journalists or the actors union Equity.

Jason. You are young enough to have friends who are members of the students union. Give your mates a kick up the you know where and get them to do something constructive! Brad Kamanski has labeled you as that beer swilling lout from Manchester. Show him that some of the youth of today a force with whom it is unwise to offend online!

It is a pity that I did not drop into my bank when I was out as some of the staff there are bound to be paid up members of a large union. I an mot sure what union bank staff use but I am sure we could get some help from the TUC. Trade Union Council.

ribshaw
07-30-2013, 08:24 AM
The group of MPs doing this consider Internet crime to be the biggest threat in the world today..

From a financial standpoint, no doubt about it. Every other day you are hearing about data breeches from the government down, and who knows the ones you don't hear about. I just finished spilling the beans over on the other thread, but it seems as consumers we have to take every step possible to lock down our own information. Hell in the US you have people filing returns in other people's names, changing the address and collecting huge refunds. Just read something similar about Social Security checks, and they always seem to be two steps behind the criminals.

ribshaw
07-30-2013, 08:35 AM
This was headed for my cut an paste thread, but...

Patti Patterson, regional communications director for Social Security, said in an e-mail thieves set up "My Social Security" accounts using personal information of a beneficiary and through the automatic enrollment process at financial institutions. That's one good reason, she said, to set up a "My Social Security" account.

"If a person already has an account, a fraudulent attempt will not be successful," Patterson said.

People also can block direct deposit changes through the automatic enrollment process by contacting Social Security.

Online scam hijacks Social Security benefits (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/28/social-security-benefits-scam/2594675/)

Poyol
07-30-2013, 08:49 AM
The group of MPs doing this consider Internet crime to be the biggest threat in the world today. I heard a news flash about this before I went out and I have just come in. I will listen to the radio and try to find out more on the subject.

The best people to lobby MPs are the trade unions. If anybody here is a paid up member of any trade union he or she should get on to the publicity manger of that union. Some of the most powerful unions in UK are The National Union of Teachers, National Union of Journalists or the actors union Equity.

Jason. You are young enough to have friends who are members of the students union. Give your mates a kick up the you know where and get them to do something constructive! Brad Kamanski has labeled you as that beer swilling lout from Manchester. Show him that some of the youth of today a force with whom it is unwise to offend online!

It is a pity that I did not drop into my bank when I was out as some of the staff there are bound to be paid up members of a large union. I an mot sure what union bank staff use but I am sure we could get some help from the TUC. Trade Union Council.

Where and when did he say this!?
I've not had a pint in about a year now ... but why would one have to explain myself to him?
What an uncouth man!

I'll see what I can do re. students!

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Where and when did he say this!?
I've not had a pint in about a year now ... but why would one have to explain myself to him?
What an uncouth man!

I'll see what I can do re. students!

There was a picture of you swilling some sort of liquid from a bottle on Facebook Jason. Heaven know what it was. Cold tea? Lucozade? Whiskey and a colored chaser? Read the Braddles Kamanzki (http://www.realscam.com/f8/brad-kamanski-aka-brad-franklin-brad-kamans-kamans7-brad-k-scammin-fool-1866/)thread Jason and have a laugh as he thought that I was the beer swilling lout from Manchester. My writing style is very 1940's so why woul;d he confuse the two of us?

Is Jason eighty two or twenty two? Is Brad Kamanski making a fool of himself? You decide!

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
From a financial standpoint, no doubt about it. Every other day you are hearing about data breeches from the government down, and who knows the ones you don't hear about. I just finished spilling the beans over on the other thread, but it seems as consumers we have to take every step possible to lock down our own information. Hell in the US you have people filing returns in other people's names, changing the address and collecting huge refunds. Just read something similar about Social Security checks, and they always seem to be two steps behind the criminals.

Unfortunately that is the way things are ribshaw. Crime prevention is always a few steps behind the crooks. Organized crime expanded out of all proportion with the advent of the Internet. Organized groups who want something done about it are beginning to wield more power. LRM has a good slogan for our group. "Times they are a changing."

People do support the trade unions in the UK when the workers really deserve better pay and conditions. I supported the fire men when they were on strike. They risk injury from fires every day and they are still decent enough blokes to come out when there is no fire if some stupid old woman's cat gets stuck up a tree. Frightened cats can do a lot of damage to human flesh. There are plenty of decent people who are getting organized to prevent any form of injustice.

path2prosperity
07-30-2013, 10:58 AM
I've not had a pint in about a year now .

I will send you enough for a couple of pints next time my cat lies on my keyboard!