PDA

View Full Version : Inchcape... Never heard of them

Meanpplsuk
07-29-2013, 11:53 AM
My wife got the same type of offer and wants to believe that it's legitimate. So I told her I'd check into it. The position is Escrow Officer... Yeah, sounds important

First, nobody has called her and talked to her, BUT want to offer her $4500/mo.

Second, the email domain is Aol.com... Really!? Domain names with like 50 addresses are a dime a dozen...
Wouldn't you at least buy "inchcape.biz, .net, .something!? (Not that I'm here to educate these low lives)

Third, they sent a contract for her that is supposed to be legally binding, but my 12 year old step-daughter
could have done a hell of a better job with grammatical errors (and I am by NO MEANS a English professor)

Fourth, they sent an FAQ with the pretense of "if you have any questions, you can Email us @" . WTF? Why
can't I call and talk to someone? Thank you for calling Inchcape, for English press 1... WTH not if 1 in
America is SPANISH?! Besides, the position they are canvassing for is supposed to require an American!

Fifth, as if this isn't enough red flags, they need her to take checks from them, deposit them into her
PERSONAL account: check cashing scam, isn't there a name for this? Is it the same thing in the movie with
Leonardo DeCaprio? True story, by the way.

I tried to connect on LinkedIn to talk with people about it, but don't have a premium account.
Just looking for other things that will educate us to these types of scams in the future. I realize its too good to be true. And that is usually the first rule of determining a scam. So I am posting the FAQ and contract for educational purposes only. Any and all comments are welcome.

Original Email
https://app.box.com/s/j9rg4l2t5gkmnrnx2hih

FAQ
https://www.box.com/s/4ly66ckwj3rr5491onz9

Employment Contract
https://www.box.com/s/hdji2nzaumakhbvyts8q

Soapboxmom
07-29-2013, 12:30 PM
There is never any need for a private individual to be a middleman in financial transactions. They give your wife a "check(s)" and then ask her to send funds by Western Union or some such deal and she is supposed to make a profit as they sent her more than she will be sending back out. Days later the money is gone the bank will come to the firm conclusion that the check, which looked very good, is in fact bogus. That will be the beginning of a complete nightmare for your wonderful and trusting wife.

The bad grammar, lack of verifiable info about the company, the willingness to hire totally unskilled people, freebee e-mail accounts and all the rest is par for the course in these scams. Luckily your wife has an incredible husband that had the good sense to check this deal out!

ribshaw
07-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for posting. I found the following over at scamwarners. I would agree with the vonpaso who responded to you over there, post the email addresses and/or text of the email, unless it is below. That way if someone either searches the text and or email address it will show up on google and link back to the scam pages.

SBM said it all, this is total BS.

www.scamwarners.com • View topic - Ervin Sanders ervin.sanders@joboffer.org (http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=172644#p154931)
SCAMMER: ervin.sanders@aol.com
SCAMMER : ervin.sanders@joboffer.org

Postby Gateway on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm
Return-Path: <www-data@lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg>
Received: from compute1.internal (compute1.nyi.mail.srv.osa [10.202.2.41])
by sloti14d5p3 (Cyrus git2.5+0-git-fastmail-8998) with LMTPA;
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:43:38 -0500
X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.4
X-Spam-charsets:

X-Mail-from: www-data@lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg
Received: from tmx1.thor.mail.srv.osa ([10.205.129.141])
by compute1.internal (LMTPProxy); Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:43:38 -0500
Received: from lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg (21.202-172-61.static.qala.com.sg [202.172.61.21])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by tmx1.messagingengine.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id D64862112A
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:43:36 -0500 (EST)
Received: from lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg (8.14.3/8.14.3/Debian-9.1ubuntu1) with ESMTP id r260ZIg9012614
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:35:18 +0800
Received: (from www-data@localhost)
by lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg (8.14.3/8.14.3/Submit) id r260ZIKB012613;
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:35:18 +0800
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:35:18 +0800
Message-Id: <201303060035.r260ZIKB012613@lmsapp.inchcape.com.sg>

Subject: Representative Needed.
Reply-To: ervin.sanders@aol.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Truedomain: NotChecked

Dear sir/Madam,

We have a post of Job Offer Representative Needed for United States Citizens and Canadian Citizens. All you need is to be our agent/customer to partnership with us in being our cash out agent in your city, if interested, you will be surveying different outlets and provide us with detailed information about their service. You will get USD $300 per task and you will handle multiple tasks as you want, each assignment will take one hour and it won?t affect your present occupation because it is flexible, which means it will not disturb your daily activity as well.

Before any task will be assigned to you, these are the outlines of what you will be handling, cheque, transfers and chash outs, which you will cash out and further instruction will be issued to you by me Ervin Sanders. Regards to been qualified for this position in your city, you would be required to take note that every details provided will be verified, then we will provide you details through email and we also would speak with you over the phone so be sure to provide your working mobile number.

If you are interested, please fill and provide the details below and send it back to us to ervin.sanders@aol.com for approval.

First Name:
Last Name:
Full Address:
City, State and Zip code:
Cell:
Home Phone Numbers:
Email:
Current Occupation:
ID: (Any form of Identification)

Take important note that you just need to follow instruction given to you being our representative. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Head of Operations,
Ervin Sanders.

laidback
07-29-2013, 01:34 PM
There is never any need for a private individual to be a middleman in financial transactions. They give your wife a "check(s)" and then ask her to send funds by Western Union or some such deal and she is supposed to make a profit as they sent her more than she will be sending back out. Days later the money is gone the bank will come to the firm conclusion that the check, which looked very good, is in fact bogus. That will be the beginning of a complete nightmare for your wonderful and trusting wife.

The bad grammar, lack of verifiable info about the company, the willingness to hire totally unskilled people, freebee e-mail accounts and all the rest is par for the course in these scams. Luckily your wife has an incredible husband that had the good sense to check this deal out!
I believe this is one of the scams covered in Lynndel's book, and if I remember correctly, there are some serious consequences in the form of fraud and forgery charges besides losing the cash.