PDA

View Full Version : Fortune High-Tech Marketing FHTM Shut Down / Pyramid Scheme???

Soapboxmom
07-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks to Pyramid Scheme Alert for this:

News from Pyramid Scheme Alert.org (http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001xdqoBdbuEqC9PsVGGyv2__hV0XCfCx3s27TCGe FBZkEjj-BSrRMWwawXWj3708S-tafgolUP1u0ddf8oEqLb5wW9obqCKIUdpGY6xjtJzKg%3D)

Wife of Bank of America's Former CEO Admits to Recruiting for an MLM Prosecuted in Two States, and in which nearly All Consumers Lose Money
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to the local NBC affiliate television news channel in Charlotte, North Carolina, "Several prominent Carolinians, including the wife of former Bank of America CEO Ken Lewis, have signed on as sales reps for a multi-level marketer recently fined as a 'pyramid scheme.'"
The report stated that "Donna Lewis joined Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, known as FHTM, in December 2008 at the invitation of her friend, Charlotte television personality Barbara McKay.

"Last month," the TV news show stated, "FHTM agreed to pay almost $1 million in refunds and fines to settle a claim by the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance that the multi-level marketer was a 'pyramid promotional scheme.'

"It is truly not a pyramid," Donna Lewis said, when reached by phone at her home. "It's helping people in this horrible economy make a living.""

Mrs. Lewis' involvement in a scheme that was prosecuted and fined as a pyramid scheme and her belief that she is "helping" people reveal the power of MLM dis-information and its insidious spread. Mrs. Lewis has influence nationally and she says she was introduced by a well known television personality in the Charlotte, NC area. Other well known characters from sports, religion, and the business communities were also noted in the report for affiliating with the scheme.

Despite her stated good intentions, as the investigative reporter, Stuart Watson, later revealed, this MLM scheme, founded by former executives of the now defunct MLM, Excel Communications, is actually "helping" most of its members to part with their money, which it then siphons to a few high level promoters and owners.

Following the WCNC television exposé, the company produced an "income disclosure" which Watson deciphered in a follow-up report. The data revealed:

28% of FHTM sales reps earned not even one penny.
Another 39% earned only $93 a month on average
And another 41% earned only $256 on average per month.
That's 96% who earned no more on average than $65 a week - before they pay out costs in fees, purchases, and all business expenses! And two-thirds earned no more, on average, than just $23 weekly. In short, all those people are losing money!

Bad as they are, in reality, the outcome is worse that those figures show for consumers who pay hundreds of dollars to join and more each month to pursue the scheme's income promise. FHTM calculated as "averages" only the months that the recruits earned anything at all, and excluded from calculations the months they earned nothing! It also excluded all the people - nearly a third of the total - who never earned anything ever, and then it hid the "dropout rates", thereby obscuring the true scale of losses.

These figures - especially when the distortion and trickery are factored - display the typical 99% loss rates that apply to virtually all MLMs.

Additionally, this MLM scheme that Bank of America's former first lady is endorsing has an "F" rating from its local BBB and the state of Montana which prosecuted the company as a pyramid scheme, established that most revenue for "commissions" comes from fees paid by the sales people not from consumer purchases.

If 99% of all consumers who pay into the multi-level marketing scheme are losing, then who does make money in it?

According to the FHTM "income disclosure", one out of two thousand pulls in $103,416 a month. These are positioned at the top.
I give FHTM an F as well!!!

Soapboxmom

EagleOne
08-17-2010, 04:02 AM
I have a dear friend who has joined this, and wanted me to join. Of course I declined, and told him I recommended he get out, but to no avail. He has bought the Kool-Aid, and of course the only money he is making is from recruiting. Since he is a Christian brother, and they are really hyping this in the Christian community, he had arranged a meeting for me with one of the major mucky-mucks from Southern California, but I declined. Needless to say he was not happy with me because I would not meet with him. I know he thought if I met with this big-shot he would talk me into joining. I would sign-up under him, and we both would be on the road to riches. He also claimed that someone in the Graham family was a part of this, I think it was a grandson. Still, no matter what evidence I showed him, he would have nothing of it. It strained our relationship for a while, but now he seems to be over it. We just don't talk about it, so I don't know if he is still as gung-ho as he first was when he joined.

I think the bloom is coming off the pumpkin on this one, and when it crashes (and it will) it is really going to be ugly. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

EagleOne
08-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Is this still growing, or has it started to go down hill? I really haven't heard that much about it of late, so made me think it might be starting to unravel and crash.

Soapboxmom
12-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I am going to go with down hill.

This article (http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20101204/ARTICLES/101209853/1155?p=1&tc=pg)details the legal actions and investigations of FHTM. Hilariously, one poor slob making a claimed $1,500 a month average admits there are around 9000 people in his downline. So, what chance do those 9000 under him have of making money? They will need their own gargantuan towering pyramid under them. A losing math trick for sure.

The FHTM version of the American Dream is detailed here (http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20101204/ARTICLES/101209852/1155). Perhaps our 3 Stooges from Scam will respond to this shocking dose of MLM reality. This makes it clear why desperate actions like suicide can be the result of the financial devastation caused by MLM.

Soapboxmom

fhtmclassaction
03-02-2011, 06:37 AM
According to FHTM:
FHTM is no longer authorized to use the DuPont name, logo, or trademark in any way. FHTM should immediately discontinue the use of any materials containing the DuPont logo. Our right to use DuPont’s name, logo and trademark was revoked because FHTM abused the system by creating and distributing unapproved marketing materials that displayed the DuPont logo.

According to the real world:
How can this be true when the DuPont logo has been part of the FHTM corporate created business presentation DVD for years? The only reason they blame the reps for this is to shield themselves from a major trademark infringement lawsuit. FHTM never had a partnership or any relationship with DuPont, yet they took it upon themselves to represent they did in an effort to make themselves legal. Surprise…surprise.

P.S. AT&T dumped FHTM on 3/1/11 too

fhtmclassaction
03-02-2011, 06:41 AM
I have a dear friend who has joined this, and wanted me to join. Of course I declined, and told him I recommended he get out, but to no avail. He has bought the Kool-Aid, and of course the only money he is making is from recruiting. Since he is a Christian brother, and they are really hyping this in the Christian community, he had arranged a meeting for me with one of the major mucky-mucks from Southern California, but I declined. Needless to say he was not happy with me because I would not meet with him. I know he thought if I met with this big-shot he would talk me into joining. I would sign-up under him, and we both would be on the road to riches. He also claimed that someone in the Graham family was a part of this, I think it was a grandson. Still, no matter what evidence I showed him, he would have nothing of it. It strained our relationship for a while, but now he seems to be over it. We just don't talk about it, so I don't know if he is still as gung-ho as he first was when he joined.

I think the bloom is coming off the pumpkin on this one, and when it crashes (and it will) it is really going to be ugly. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Love the comment

fhtmclassaction
03-02-2011, 06:42 AM
All the latest news on FHTM can be found at Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) Multiple RICO/Fraud/Pyramid Scheme Class-Action Lawsuits for 2010 (http://www.fhtmclassaction.info)

News from Pyramid Scheme Alert.org (http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001xdqoBdbuEqC9PsVGGyv2__hV0XCfCx3s27TCGe FBZkEjj-BSrRMWwawXWj3708S-tafgolUP1u0ddf8oEqLb5wW9obqCKIUdpGY6xjtJzKg%3D)

Soapboxmom

consolidation
03-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I am constantly amazed by the audacity of the ridiculous claims in the MLM world, why do so many people fall prey...it astounds me!

Soapboxmom
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
fhtmclassaction,

Your site is first class. I love that many states have taken that scam to task!

Soapboxmom

fhtmclassaction
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
FTC Steps Up Efforts Against Scams That Target Financially-Strapped Consumers
More Than 90 Actions Brought By Commission and Its Law Enforcement Partners

Attorney General Roy Cooper today joined state attorneys general from across the country and the Federal Trade Commission to announce a national sweep targeting business opportunity scams, including actions against four companies that have targeted North Carolina consumers.

“When jobs are scarce, claims to help people make money fast become plentiful,” Cooper said. “Consumers think they’re buying into a great way to earn a living, but they could end up paying far more than they’ll ever make.”

In challenging economic times, many people in the state are looking for work. Unfortunately, sometimes they find scams instead of legitimate opportunities.

Complaints to the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division about business opportunity, work-at-home schemes, and other employment related scams were up 11 percent last year, from 177 complaints in 2009 to 197 complaints in 2010.

Operation Empty Promises is a national sweep by the FTC, Cooper and other state attorneys general aimed at stopping business opportunity scams and educating consumers about how to avoid them. Announced as part of the sweep are actions taken by Cooper’s Consumer Protection Division against four companies including:

Fortune Hi Tech Marketing claims that people who buy into its business earn thousands of dollars a year. Based on consumer complaints, Cooper’s office launched an investigation into FHTM in mid 2010. Consumers say they paid money to the company but were only able to make money by recruiting others into the scheme, not by selling any actual goods or services. A total of 25 consumers have now complained about FHTM, and Cooper’s office is investigating the company. Although this case is currently under investigation, it’s important for consumers to know that a pyramid scheme is a violation of the law and is defined as any plan in which a participant pays money for the chance to receive money upon the introduction of new participants into the program.

“We’re looking closely at business opportunities that seem to offer false hopes, and also reaching out to educate consumers on how to recognize and avoid fraud,” Cooper said.

Later this month, Cooper’s office plans to launch a tool kit to educate consumers on fake business opportunities which will include print, web and video materials. The goal is to prevent North Carolina consumers from losing their hard-earned money to scammers trying to take advantage of a tough employment market.

“Don’t let scammers use empty promises of jobs with high earnings to take your money,” Cooper warned consumers. “Before you agree to invest in any business, check it out thoroughly and always be skeptical of claims of guaranteed profits.”
Cooper has taken action against a number of other kinds of scams fueled by hard times. For example, his Consumer Protection Division has won 13 cases against foreclosure assistance and loan modification scams in the past five years, including two so far in 2011.The Federal Trade Commission today stepped up its ongoing campaign against scammers who falsely promise guaranteed jobs and opportunities to “be your own boss” to consumers who are struggling with unemployment and diminished incomes as a consequence of the economic downturn.

“Operation Empty Promises,” a multi-agency law enforcement initiative today announced more than 90 enforcement actions, including three new FTC cases and developments in seven other matters, 48 criminal actions by the Department of Justice (many of which involved the assistance of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service), seven additional civil actions by the Postal Inspection Service, and 28 actions by state law enforcement agencies in Alaska, California, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington, and the District of Columbia.

In a press conference at the FTC, David Vladeck, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, was joined by Tony West, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division of the Department of Justice; Greg Campbell, Deputy Chief Inspector of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service; North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper; and a California consumer who had bought into a program to start his own Internet business.

“The victims of these frauds are our neighbors – people who are trying to make an honest living,” said David C. Vladeck, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Under pressure to make ends meet, they risked their limited financial resources in response to the promise of a job, an income – a chance at a profitable home-based business. But these turned out to be empty promises – and the people who counted on them ended up with high levels of frustration and even higher levels of debt.”

The FTC has updated consumer education materials to help consumers avoid falling victim to these scams. Screen shots from the websites of some of the operators charged in this law enforcement sweep, as well as video footage of FTC Consumer Protection Director Vladeck and FTC attorney Daniel Hanks, are also available at the FTC website.

wserra
03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Just so you guys know: "fhtmclassaction" is in all likelihood Joe Isaacs, the guy who was running a piggyback scam called "Fortune Social" until he got enjoined. He has posted to Quatloos under multiple logins (including "fhtmclassaction"). You can read the whole sordid story here (http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2653). Making a long story short, Isaacs was first an FHTM distributor; then he ran a "tools" scam to supposedly help FHTM distributors build their pyramids; then, when FHTM sued him for trademark infringement and won, he started soliciting for disgruntled FHTMers to contact him and "we will reply with the tools so you can help yourself out of this bind". The "bind" was obviously that they had too much money remaining in their wallets even after FHTM got done fleecing them. Come to Joe.

Classic piggyback scam.

littleroundman
03-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Come to Joe.

Classic piggyback scam.

Whaaaa ????

A scam involving MLM ????

OH NO !!

I don't believe it,

but, but, but.................................

fhtmclassaction
03-19-2011, 07:13 AM
FHTM relieves Judy Hammerschmidt of her General Counsel duties!

What a shocker. As of February 2011 Ms. Hammerschmidt is no longer listed as the FHTM General Counsel, or an attorney associated with FHTM, on their website www.fhtm.net .

According to the Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing website, Ms. Hammerschmidt has been replaced by attorney the new General Counsel Mr. Keith Kuder.

“In February of 2011, FHTM welcomed its new General Counsel, Keith U. Kuder. Keith brings a wealth of knowledge and experience obtained during an 18-year career as a judicial clerk, law firm litigator and in-house attorney. In 1990, Keith graduated from the University of Virginia, Phi Beta Kappa. He completed the University of Virginia School of Law, Order of the Coif, in 1993. Today, Keith heads up FHTM's continuing efforts to remain a world-class organization”, quotes Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing.
Why did this happen? Maybe it is because all of the lawsuits and AG investigations under her loyal watch became overwhelming. Who really knows the truth?

Attorney General Roy Cooper today joined state attorneys general from across the country and the Federal Trade Commission to announce a national sweep targeting business opportunity scams, including actions against four companies that have targeted North Carolina consumers.

“When jobs are scarce, claims to help people make money fast become plentiful,” Cooper said. “Consumers think they’re buying into a great way to earn a living, but they could end up paying far more than they’ll ever make.”

In challenging economic times, many people in the state are looking for work. Unfortunately, sometimes they find scams instead of legitimate opportunities. Complaints to the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division about business opportunity, work-at-home schemes, and other employment related scams were up 11 percent last year, from 177 complaints in 2009 to 197 complaints in 2010.

Operation Empty Promises is a national sweep by the FTC, Cooper and other state attorneys general aimed at stopping business opportunity scams and educating consumers about how to avoid them. Announced as part of the sweep are actions taken by Cooper’s Consumer Protection Division against four companies including
Fortune Hi Tech Marketing claims that people who buy into its business earn thousands of dollars a year. Based on consumer complaints, Cooper’s office launched an investigation into FHTM in mid 2010. Consumers say they paid money to the company but were only able to make money by recruiting others into the scheme, not by selling any actual goods or services. A total of 25 consumers have now complained about FHTM, and Cooper’s office is investigating the company. Although this case is currently under investigation, it’s important for consumers to know that a pyramid scheme is a violation of the law and is defined as any plan in which a participant pays money for the chance to receive money upon the introduction of new participants into the program.

“We’re looking closely at business opportunities that seem to offer false hopes, and also reaching out to educate consumers on how to recognize and avoid fraud,” Cooper said.

Later this month, Cooper’s office plans to launch a tool kit to educate consumers on fake business opportunities which will include print, web and video materials. The goal is to prevent North Carolina consumers from losing their hard-earned money to scammers trying to take advantage of a tough employment market.

“Don’t let scammers use empty promises of jobs with high earnings to take your money,” Cooper warned consumers. “Before you agree to invest in any business, check it out thoroughly and always be skeptical of claims of guaranteed profits.”
Cooper has taken action against a number of other kinds of scams fueled by hard times. For example, his Consumer Protection Division has won 13 cases against foreclosure assistance and loan modification scams in the past five years, including two so far in 2011.The Federal Trade Commission today stepped up its ongoing campaign against scammers who falsely promise guaranteed jobs and opportunities to “be your own boss” to consumers who are struggling with unemployment and diminished incomes as a consequence of the economic downturn.

“Operation Empty Promises,” a multi-agency law enforcement initiative today announced more than 90 enforcement actions, including three new FTC cases and developments in seven other matters, 48 criminal actions by the Department of Justice (many of which involved the assistance of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service), seven additional civil actions by the Postal Inspection Service, and 28 actions by state law enforcement agencies in Alaska, California, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington, and the District of Columbia.

In a press conference at the FTC, David Vladeck, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, was joined by Tony West, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division of the Department of Justice; Greg Campbell, Deputy Chief Inspector of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service; North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper; and a California consumer who had bought into a program to start his own Internet business.

“The victims of these frauds are our neighbors – people who are trying to make an honest living,” said David C. Vladeck, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Under pressure to make ends meet, they risked their limited financial resources in response to the promise of a job, an income – a chance at a profitable home-based business. But these turned out to be empty promises – and the people who counted on them ended up with high levels of frustration and even higher levels of debt.”

The FTC has updated consumer education materials to help consumers avoid falling victim to these scams. Screen shots from the websites of some of the operators charged in this law enforcement sweep, as well as video footage of FTC Consumer Protection Director Vladeck and FTC attorney Daniel Hanks, are also available at the FTC website.

fhtmclassaction
03-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing lies about its 3A1 D&B rating to entice people to join its pyramid scheme. See full current report at Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) DandB lies/fraud/scam revealed, FTC "Operation Empty Promises" (http://www.fhtmclassaction.info)

In challenging economic times, many people in the state are looking for work. Unfortunately, sometimes they find scams instead of legitimate opportunities. Complaints to the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division about business opportunity, work-at-home schemes, and other employment related scams were up 11 percent last year, from 177 complaints in 2009 to 197 complaints in 2010.
Operation Empty Promises is a national sweep by the FTC, Cooper and other state attorneys general aimed at stopping business opportunity scams and educating consumers about how to avoid them. Announced as part of the sweep are actions taken by Cooper’s Consumer Protection Division against four companies including Fortune Hi Tech Marketing who claims that people who buy into its business earn thousands of dollars a year. Based on consumer complaints, Cooper’s office launched an investigation into FHTM in mid 2010. Consumers say they paid money to the company but were only able to make money by recruiting others into the scheme, not by selling any actual goods or services. A total of 25 consumers have now complained about FHTM, and Cooper’s office is investigating the company. Although this case is currently under investigation, it’s important for consumers to know that a pyramid scheme is a violation of the law and is defined as any plan in which a participant pays money for the chance to receive money upon the introduction of new participants into the program.

Soapboxmom
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Tracy Coenen has a wonderful blog post about Fortune High Tech Marketing (http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2011/03/31/fortune-hi-tech-marketing-real-money-made-from-recruiting-not-product-sales/)up and I encourage everyone to read it!

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom
04-27-2011, 02:52 PM
More great info from Tracy Coenen here (http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2011/04/04/who-is-making-money-in-fortune-hi-tech-marketing/). It is not surprising that many enforcement agencies have been eying this one!

Soapboxmom

fhtmclassaction
05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Wserra - Go back to your lost land at Quatloos.......you have no idea what you are speaking about. Fortune hasn't beat Isaacs at anything, including the current lawsuit.
He marketed a FREE social network for Network marketing companies similar to Facebook. NO CHARGE SOCIAL NETWORK. NO TOOLS SCAM There.

Clueless morons run rampant in this world. Everyone thinks they know all of the answers and those are usually wrong.

This forum is about the FHTM scam and not Joe Isaacs.

Just so you guys know: "fhtmclassaction" is in all likelihood Joe Isaacs, the guy who was running a piggyback scam called "Fortune Social" until he got enjoined. He has posted to Quatloos under multiple logins (including "fhtmclassaction"). You can read the whole sordid story here (http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2653). Making a long story short, Isaacs was first an FHTM distributor; then he ran a "tools" scam to supposedly help FHTM distributors build their pyramids; then, when FHTM sued him for trademark infringement and won, he started soliciting for disgruntled FHTMers to contact him and "we will reply with the tools so you can help yourself out of this bind". The "bind" was obviously that they had too much money remaining in their wallets even after FHTM got done fleecing them. Come to Joe.

Classic piggyback scam.

Soapboxmom
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Wserra - Go back to your lost land at Quatloos.......you have no idea what you are speaking about. Fortune hasn't beat Isaacs at anything, including the current lawsuit.
He marketed a FREE social network for Network marketing companies similar to Facebook. NO CHARGE SOCIAL NETWORK. NO TOOLS SCAM There.

Clueless morons run rampant in this world. Everyone thinks they know all of the answers and those are usually wrong.

This forum is about the FHTM scam and not Joe Isaacs.
Wserra analyzed the legal docs. I don't believe for a second there is any misinterpretation there. Mr. Isaacs lost the trademark infringement suit filed against him. Why don't we talk about that. Post the judgment and any orders and fill us in.

Soapboxmom

bankalchemist
07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
as with any opportunity if its to good to be true then it must be. my understanding is this organization was a mass reseller of middle of the road everyday items. obviously their infrastructure was not ready for the success which fell upon them rapidly. I came to know of this group when updating myself on a real schiester who had stolen our firms identity for his use several years ago. (website) so he could sell his expertise by using our identity and materials. Joseph Issacs of the Tampa Bay area. It appeared he aligned himself with this group and then lifted their website the same way so what was their rightful business he was loading as his own. When they sued him he screamed scam and opened up pandora's box to confuse the real issue which was his crime of business theft from the beginning. Issacs has been involved in the Russian Bride import business, married one and beat her, both banks he claims to have started released him and paid him to go away. So if you come across Issacs run the other way.

bankalchemist
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Classic piggyback scam.

yes FHTMCLASSACTION is Isaacs along with Barbara Bushe which he uses to reply blindly on various blogs. I have heard he is looking into signing up member of the FLDS clan as a down line for his next venture.

datruth
09-01-2011, 07:34 AM
yes FHTMCLASSACTION is Isaacs along with Barbara Bushe which he uses to reply blindly on various blogs. I have heard he is looking into signing up member of the FLDS clan as a down line for his next venture.

I have no idea where you got your facts from. Fortune Hi-Tech DID NOT win any lawsuit against Isaacs. The trademark infringement was dropped after the court realized that the name "Fortune" is in fact owned by Time Inc.

After a year of busting Isaacs balls - FHTM walked away and paid him off to go away because they HAD NO case.

Posting are awesome - but the truth always prevails. Bank Achemist is nothing but a midget fudge packer and terrorist scam artist.

datruth
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Another dumb **** who doesnt know the truth. Isaacs DID NOT lose any lawsuit for trademark infringement with FHTM. I heard that FHTM paid Isaacs to go away after the judge realized their case was ridiculous and without merit.

Wserra analyzed the legal docs. I don't believe for a second there is any misinterpretation there. Mr. Isaacs lost the trademark infringement suit filed against him. Why don't we talk about that. Post the judgment and any orders and fill us in.

Soapboxmom

littleroundman
09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Gee, "Da"

How interesting.

Perhaps you could help us out here by telling us exactly where you "heard" about FHTM paying off Mr Isaacs.

If it's not too much trouble, a copy of the court documents or at least a link to them would do, at a pinch.

Otherwise, we might make a terrible mistake and think your post was just ANOTHER MLM related half truth posted on the 'net.

NCQueen
09-07-2011, 01:03 AM
I was in FHTM for a little over a year. I would urge anyone looking at this opportunity to stay away. I made it to regional and everything was going well at first. Then after six months or so it became impossible to find new people to join. I signed up one of my long time "friends" and he started out well and then also leveled off. About three months ago this "friend" invited me to his home to meet some people he had met at an FHTM meeting. There were a couple of celebrities there as well as some heavy hitters that anyone associated with FHTM would recognize. There was a presentation, and then about half of the dozen or so people who attended joined on the spot. My "Friend" who I thought was on my team had actually signed up a member of his family under another team who had a more aggressive upline! Talk about a stab in the back! But what is worse, is that he told me that I could join under his daughter, and be a "big hitter" as well. All I had to do is change the last digit of my Social security number. I was even more shocked at this request. He told me that this is how many have made their teams so large so fast and that there are several people who are in two or more teams at once.
I filed a complaint with FHTM compliance and they did an investigation and told me that they had taken care of the problem and those involved are no longer involved with FHTM. (This is the short version of my story) But less than a week later the same "friend" asked me again if I would like to join his new team. How can this be? I said I would not be a part of any changing of Social Security numbers and left it at that. But then a member of my downline informed me that this "Friend" tried to get her to sign up with the same idea. I told her that this was not legal and that she should not do it. After that I along with another member of my downline recorded several meetings and got everything on tape. We even got one person to change their SSN to join even though they too were a member of my downline. So now this person was in my downline as well as his. Thinking that I had enough to blow the lid off of this guy I presented it to FHTM again. Once again they said it was taken care of. Well, This "friend" still promoted FHTM after the fact. I decided to then report this to the NC Department of Justice. A month later, I get a letter from the state saying that they are satisfied with FHTM's actions in this matter and those involved have been terminated from their positions. So that is the end of the story right? Not really. To my disbelief, my so called friend has several pictures on Facebook from last weekend that he spent at Todd Rowland's house and he is still promoting FHTM. Now that's what I call justice. Once again this is just a short version of a very long story.

littleroundman
09-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome to RealScam.com (http://www.realscam.com/forum.php), NCQueen,

Yours is an all too common story in the murky world of Multi Level Marketing.

For all the protestations by MLM supporters and spin doctoring by their representative bodies, there are just too many similar reports floating around for them to be aberrations.

Perhaps MLMers enjoy the notoriety participating in their chosen field brings them.

It certainly seems from the outside that the publishers of the "MLM 101" handbook completely forgot to include chapters on ethics, morals and honesty in the latest addition.

notreally
10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Another dumb **** who doesnt know the truth. Isaacs DID NOT lose any lawsuit for trademark infringement with FHTM. I heard that FHTM paid Isaacs to go away after the judge realized their case was ridiculous and without merit.

We have heard similar stories that say FHTM beat Isaacs - but the fact prove otherwise. "Isaacs and FHTM have agreed to disagree and go their separate ways" Seems to me like FHTM wants Isaacs to go away. If they had a case with merit they would not have conceded to "go away".

notreally
10-12-2011, 05:52 AM
You need to contact Yvonne Day (dayandcompany@yahoo.com)- she has similar stories. Its too bad that the NC DOJ didint take you seriously.

I was in FHTM for a little over a year. I would urge anyone looking at this opportunity to stay away. I made it to regional and everything was going well at first. Then after six months or so it became impossible to find new people to join. I signed up one of my long time "friends" and he started out well and then also leveled off. About three months ago this "friend" invited me to his home to meet some people he had met at an FHTM meeting. There were a couple of celebrities there as well as some heavy hitters that anyone associated with FHTM would recognize. There was a presentation, and then about half of the dozen or so people who attended joined on the spot. My "Friend" who I thought was on my team had actually signed up a member of his family under another team who had a more aggressive upline! Talk about a stab in the back! But what is worse, is that he told me that I could join under his daughter, and be a "big hitter" as well. All I had to do is change the last digit of my Social security number. I was even more shocked at this request. He told me that this is how many have made their teams so large so fast and that there are several people who are in two or more teams at once.
I filed a complaint with FHTM compliance and they did an investigation and told me that they had taken care of the problem and those involved are no longer involved with FHTM. (This is the short version of my story) But less than a week later the same "friend" asked me again if I would like to join his new team. How can this be? I said I would not be a part of any changing of Social Security numbers and left it at that. But then a member of my downline informed me that this "Friend" tried to get her to sign up with the same idea. I told her that this was not legal and that she should not do it. After that I along with another member of my downline recorded several meetings and got everything on tape. We even got one person to change their SSN to join even though they too were a member of my downline. So now this person was in my downline as well as his. Thinking that I had enough to blow the lid off of this guy I presented it to FHTM again. Once again they said it was taken care of. Well, This "friend" still promoted FHTM after the fact. I decided to then report this to the NC Department of Justice. A month later, I get a letter from the state saying that they are satisfied with FHTM's actions in this matter and those involved have been terminated from their positions. So that is the end of the story right? Not really. To my disbelief, my so called friend has several pictures on Facebook from last weekend that he spent at Todd Rowland's house and he is still promoting FHTM. Now that's what I call justice. Once again this is just a short version of a very long story.

notreally
10-12-2011, 05:54 AM
You are obviously a jealous asshole with no real knowledge about your posting.

as with any opportunity if its to good to be true then it must be. my understanding is this organization was a mass reseller of middle of the road everyday items. obviously their infrastructure was not ready for the success which fell upon them rapidly. I came to know of this group when updating myself on a real schiester who had stolen our firms identity for his use several years ago. (website) so he could sell his expertise by using our identity and materials. Joseph Issacs of the Tampa Bay area. It appeared he aligned himself with this group and then lifted their website the same way so what was their rightful business he was loading as his own. When they sued him he screamed scam and opened up pandora's box to confuse the real issue which was his crime of business theft from the beginning. Issacs has been involved in the Russian Bride import business, married one and beat her, both banks he claims to have started released him and paid him to go away. So if you come across Issacs run the other way.

notreally
10-12-2011, 05:56 AM
What did FHTM win against Isaacs? Do you have any documented proof of this? Any court documents showing they won the case? We have heard that FHTM walked away to save their business because the lawsuit had no merit.

notreally
10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Wserra didnt analyze the lawsuit docs. He read the original suit and assumed it was won by FHTM. That is NOT CORRECT!

Soapboxmom

littleroundman
10-12-2011, 06:45 AM
For goodness' sakes,

Mr Isaacs "lost" the trademark infringement case:

Isaacs agreed to a court order requiring him to

"1) immediately take offline and render inaccessible www.fortunesocial.com; (http://www.fortunesocial.com;) www.fortunewebinars.com; (http://www.fortunewebinars.com;) and fhtmwebconnect.com (http://www.fhtmwebconnect.com)

2) Immediately cease and desist using the trademarks in Exhibits A) and B) to Fortunes' motion for preliminary injunction;

3) immediately cease and desist offering for sale the FHTM Webconnect and Fortune Webinars products"

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/ (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/)

The subsequent FHTM "Motion for Contempt" was dismissed as being moot after the court noted:

"The court understands FHTMs concern that it is only after the filing of two motions for contempt that Isaacs fully agreed with the agreed order.

While Isaacs has offered excuses for his delay in full compliance, the court will not accept any more excuses.

The agreed order is clear, and Isaacs must make all reasonable efforts to ensure he continues to obey the courts' Agreed Order.

Accordingly, the court, being fully and sufficiently advised, hereby ORDERS that FHTMs motion for contempt [DE #34] is denied as moot

This December 21, 2010

IOW,

FHTM got what it wanted, Isaacs was slow to comply

FHTM issued 2 contempt motions,

Isaacs finally complied with the original order.

The court indicated his compliance made the contempt orders unnecessary and therefore declared them "moot"

Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc. v. Isaacs et al Document 41 - :: Justia Docs (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/)

Anything else is just froth and bubble, they are the court documents

Court documents trump "we heard" and "we believe" and "it is our understanding" or "Isaacs told me" or any amount of fake press releases and forum spamming every time.

littleroundman
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
https://www.oag.state.tx.us/images/banner.jpg

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/index.shtml

Notice of Settlement Procedures for State of Texas v. Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing

As required by the terms of a recent settlement with the Office of Attorney General, Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing has emailed notice of the settlement to consumers who may qualify for a settlement payment.

The most recent notice was emailed by the Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing to consumers on October 28, 2011.

The email "sender" is from "Notice of Potential Texas Claim," and the subject line of the email is "Notice of Texas Settlement and Claim Procedures."

The Notice will direct you to a link for instructions on submitting a claim.

Please read the instructions thoroughly and follow the instructions for submitting a claim.

NOTE: The claims period ends November 28, 2011.

Please be sure to submit your claim on or before the deadline.
There will be no additional notices or extensions of the deadline.

Download a copy of the consent order in .pdf format from the Texas Attorney Generals' office (https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/fortune_avc.pdf)
One of the conditions agreed to by FHTM is:

2.0 PAYMENT TO CLAIMANTS/RESTITUTION
2.1 FHTMI agrees to provide up to one million three hundred thousand dollars
($1,300,000) in direct economic benefit to Claimants as defIned in the AVC.

Soapboxmom
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
wserra had an awesome update! Kudos to Greg Abbott.

Quatloos! • View topic - FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing) (http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2653&sid=72892c47adbd5e87c60fd2d109a0b7e4&start=60#p130692)

Soapboxmom

notreally
01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Mr. Isaacs didnt lose anything. FHTM and Isaacs agreed to go their separate ways after seFHTM realized their case againgst Isaacs was without merit. The original caase for trademark infringement claiming they owned the word "Fortune". FHTM wanted to stiffle Isaacs ability to damage their reputation online but it backfired and they eventually paid him to leave them alone. Wserra looked at documents that were from the beginninfg of his case. True, there was an injunction to take certain websites offline. It was a temporary injunction. All cases against Isaacs were dropped as part of a confidential settlement between the parties. You should get your facts straight before posting BS online.

For goodness' sakes,

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/ (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/)

The subsequent FHTM "Motion for Contempt" was dismissed as being moot after the court noted:

IOW,

The court indicated his compliance made the contempt orders unnecessary and therefore declared them "moot"

Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc. v. Isaacs et al Document 41 - :: Justia Docs (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/kentucky/kyedce/5:2010cv00123/63457/41/)

Court documents trump "we heard" and "we believe" and "it is our understanding" or "Isaacs told me" or any amount of fake press releases and forum spamming every time.

littleroundman
01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh, stop your bloody nonsense.

http://www.box.com/shared/static/04gk4m0ant.pdf

No matter how you or Isaacs (if you're not the same person) try to spin it, FHTM got what they wanted and Isaacs didn't.

notreally
01-21-2012, 08:21 AM
You unfortunately are reading documents from the beginning of the lawsuit against Isaacs. Agreeing to take down a website is NOT the same as LOSING a federal lawsuit? Where did you get your legal background from? FHTM won nothing and there are no case documents to prove otherwise. Your posting are the fluff FHTM wanted everyone to see so they could justify their existence with Isaacs. THE COURT NEVER GRANTED THE CONTEMPT MOTION EITHER! It was denied!!!!!!!!:RpS_smile:

For goodness' sakes,

IOW,

notreally
01-21-2012, 08:22 AM
OPINION & ORDER: IT IS ORDERED that the MOTION for Contempt by Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc. 34 is DENIED as moot. Signed by Judge Karl S. Forester on 12/21/2010.(GLD)cc: COR

littleroundman
01-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Not only are you obstinate, you appear to have learning difficulties and comprehension problems as well.

The complete paragraph reads:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/moot.jpg

Get it ???

The third FHTM "motion for contempt" was denied as being "moot" when the court ordered Isaacs to comply with the first 2 FHTM motions for contempt.

IOW, it was no longer necessary because Isaacs was ordered to stop being an ass and do what the court ordered and that no more excuses would be tolerated.

Your friend Isaacs should go down on his knees and give thanks the court was as tolerant as it was and didn't kick his ass till his nose bled.

Here ya go, in recognition of your obvious lack of knowledge of both court proceedings and the English language, here's the definition of the word "moot"

moot/mo͞ot/

Adjective:

Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

Verb:

Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).

Synonyms:
adjective. debatable - disputable - controversial - arguable
verb. discuss - debate - dispute - canvass - talk over - argue

laidback
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Not only are you obstinate, you appear to have learning difficulties and comprehension problems as well.

The complete paragraph reads:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/moot.jpg

Get it ???

The third FHTM "motion for contempt" was denied as being "moot" when the court ordered Isaacs to comply with the first 2 FHTM motions for contempt.

IOW, it was no longer necessary because Isaacs was ordered to stop being an ass and do what the court ordered and that no more excuses would be tolerated.

Your friend Isaacs should go down on his knees and give thanks the court was as tolerant as it was and didn't kick his ass till his nose bled.

Here ya go, in recognition of your obvious lack of knowledge of both court proceedings and the English language, here's the definition of the word "moot"

moot/mo͞ot/

Adjective:

Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

Verb:

Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).

Synonyms:
adjective. debatable - disputable - controversial - arguable
verb. discuss - debate - dispute - canvass - talk over - argue

Actually, I believe the usage in US legal proceedings is closer to
(US) An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically applicable. Although the idea may still be worth debating and exploring academically, and such discussion may be useful for addressing similar issues in the future, the idea has been rendered irrelevant for the present issue.

littleroundman
03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/fhtm.jpg

http://www.fhtm.net/documents/IDS_Form_3.pdf (http://www.fhtm.net/documents/IDS_Form_3.pdf)

fhtmclassaction
10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Wserra - Please produce the court documents that show FHTM won its case against Isaacs. There arent any. NONE! You are still too AFFIXIATED on the Contempt Motion FHTM lost in 2010. Proof is always in the pudding.

littleroundman
10-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Go away you silly little man.

You need a new hobby to occupy your time.

Things like watching paint dry or watching grass grow seem right up your alley.

GlimDropper
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
fhtmclassaction, there is an IP address you and your friend "notreally" have in common. I don't know, maybe he borrowed your keyboard or maybe you his but I don't think any unbiased observer of this thread would in any way fault the management of this site for concluding you are both the same person and banning you for a violation of our rules because of it.

But it's your lucky day, I have a question to ask of you. Have you ever heard of, met or interacted with a man named Robbert Craddock? It has been suggested in some places that Mr. Craddock might have been involved in getting some of your "fortune related" websites taken down. If to your knoledge this is true I would appreciate any and all details you could share with us.

Thank you.

notreally
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Never heard of that guy. If you have any info I am sure Mr. Isaacs would love to hear it. His email is isaacs@isg-telecom.com

fhtmclassaction, there is an IP address you and your friend "notreally" have in common. I don't know, maybe he borrowed your keyboard or maybe you his but I don't think any unbiased observer of this thread would in any way fault the management of this site for concluding you are both the same person and banning you for a violation of our rules because of it.

But it's your lucky day, I have a question to ask of you. Have you ever heard of, met or interacted with a man named Robbert Craddock? It has been suggested in some places that Mr. Craddock might have been involved in getting some of your "fortune related" websites taken down. If to your knoledge this is true I would appreciate any and all details you could share with us.

Thank you.

mirele
01-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Bumping this back up to the top because the US Federal Trade Commission and the states of Illinois, Kentucky and North Carolina have moved in on Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing. It has been shut down. The website FHTM.com redirects to Robb Evans and Associates, a receiver. Robb Evans & Robb Evans & Associates - Temporary Receiver of Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc., et al. (http://www.robbevans.com/html/fortune.html)

One of many news articles, all pretty much saying the same thing.

Direct-Seller Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Accused of Fraud - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-28/direct-seller-fortune-hi-tech-marketing-accused-of-fraud-1-.html)

FTC's news release:

FTC Action Leads Court to Halt Alleged Pyramid Scheme (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/01/fhtm.shtm)

FTC's lawsuit page, including the Complaint and the (granted) Temporary Restraining Order:

Federal Trade Commission, State of Illinois, Commonwealth of Kentucky, and State of North Carolina, Plaintiffs v. Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc.; FHTM, Inc.; Alan Clark Holdings, LLC; FHTM Canada, Inc.; Fortune Network Marketing (UK) Limited; Paul C (http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1123069/index.shtm)

The FTC's argument basically is that FHTM was a pyramid scheme where most (85 percent) of the money was made from recruiting, whereas "managers" would get minuscule sums for setting someone up with cell phone service or Dish TV.

It's also worth noting that Herbalife (HLF) and NuSkin (NUS) lost a chunk of change on Wall Street when this news came out.

HLF closed at 40.02, down 3.57 or 8.19 percent. HLF is currently a target of hedge-fund short seller William Ackman.
NUS closed at 42.78, down 2.30 or 5.10 percent. NUS has been tracking HLF stock in its rises and falls since May 2012.

mirele
01-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Just thought I'd add that a search of FHTM on Twitter shows a bunch of vultures trying to pick off FHTM managers.

Soapboxmom
01-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Glorious news!! Thank you for sharing. This will be a delight to follow!

littleroundman
01-29-2013, 01:38 AM
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1239/press.gif

littleroundman
01-29-2013, 03:06 AM
FHTM.com (http://www.fhtm.com/) now redirects to Robb Evans.com (http://www.robbevans.com/html/fortune.html)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/scams%202/fhtm.jpg

path2prosperity
01-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Glorious news!! Thank you for sharing. This will be a delight to follow!

I echo that.

It is great when the law moves in and we see that the wheels of justice are moving against these scum bags.

fhtmclassaction
01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
On January 28, 2013 the FTC in conjunction with the AG's from NC, KY and Illinois closed FHTM and seized all of their assets. :scared_1::pt:

Dr. Peter Vander Nat, examined FHTM’s financial data for the FTC and determined that at least 88% of the compensation paid by FHTM is in the form of recruitment bonuses, not sales-based commissions. Furthermore, most recruits will never recoup their investments in FHTM. Conservatively, at least 90% of FHTM participants earn nothing through FHTM, and 94% of recruits drop out within a year. In fact, this massive loss rate is the inevitable mathematical consequence of FHTM’s business model.

Not only are FHTM’s earnings claims false, but, by its very design, FHTM’s compensation plan ensures that only those at the top make money. By prioritizing recruitment over product sales, resulting in a system where rewards paid for recruitment are unrelated to sales to ultimate users, FHTM is operating an illegal pyramid scheme.

Soapboxmom

fhtmclassaction
01-31-2013, 10:13 AM
On January 28, 2013 the FTC in conjunction with the AG's from NC, KY and Illinois closed FHTM and seized all of their assets.

Dr. Peter Vander Nat, examined FHTM’s financial data for the FTC and determined that at least 88% of the compensation paid by FHTM is in the form of recruitment bonuses, not sales-based commissions. Furthermore, most recruits will never recoup their investments in FHTM. Conservatively, at least 90% of FHTM participants earn nothing through FHTM, and 94% of recruits drop out within a year. In fact, this massive loss rate is the inevitable mathematical consequence of FHTM’s business model.

Not only are FHTM’s earnings claims false, but, by its very design, FHTM’s compensation plan ensures that only those at the top make money. By prioritizing recruitment over product sales, resulting in a system where rewards paid for recruitment are unrelated to sales to ultimate users, FHTM is operating an illegal pyramid scheme.

Welcome to RealScam.com (http://www.realscam.com/forum.php), NCQueen,

Yours is an all too common story in the murky world of Multi Level Marketing.

For all the protestations by MLM supporters and spin doctoring by their representative bodies, there are just too many similar reports floating around for them to be aberrations.

Perhaps MLMers enjoy the notoriety participating in their chosen field brings them.

It certainly seems from the outside that the publishers of the "MLM 101" handbook completely forgot to include chapters on ethics, morals and honesty in the latest addition.

kschang
02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Hmmm... fhtmclassaction... have YOU heard of Robert Craddock?

GlimDropper
02-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Hearing delayed in pyramid-scheme case against Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing

Published: February 7, 2013

march 13 for pyramid-scheme case
By Linda B. Blackford — lblackford@herald-leader.com
The first federal court hearing in the case against a Lexington company accused of operating an illegal pyramid scheme has been delayed until March.
Judge John Darrah of the U.S. District Court for Northern Illinois granted a continuance to Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, which recently hired the law firm of Perkins Coie of Chicago. The next hearing will be held March 13 in Chicago.
The Federal Trade Commission and the attorneys general of Kentucky, Illinois and North Carolina have accused Fortune Hi-Tech of operating an illegal pyramid scheme that involves as many as 100,000 people. On Jan. 28, federal and state officials shut down Fortune Hi-Tech's headquarters in Lexington and put all the company's assets into receivership.

<Snip>

The case is under seal, but court officials said they expect the seal to be lifted in the next few days.

[Link to the story on Kentucky dot com] (http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/07/2507502/hearing-delayed-in-pyramid-scheme.html)

Interesting, even with their doors closed and affiliates dead in the water earning wise, FHTM is the one asking for the continuance. I don't think that's the prompt decisive action the sales force was hoping for.

fhtmclassaction
02-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Soapboxmom

Mr. Isaacs did NOT lose the trademark infringement case against him. The case was dropped by FHTM in a settlement agreement from June 2011. Agreeing to take down websites in an effort to settle litigation is not the same as losing in Federal Court.

All case files can be found at the whistle-blower's site Skapegoat | Facts and News | Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) Scam (http://www.joseph-isaacs.com) :scared_1::scared_1:

FHTM never won any of the cases against Isaacs, although they claimed they did. The counterclaims were never thrown out either, as FHTM would have liked you to believe over the past few years. The joint Motion for Dismissal is on that website as well.

I guess Mr. Isaacs was correct in his analysis of the FHTM pyramid scheme because the FTC case against them is similar in nature to his counterclaim from 2010.

FTC shuts down Fortune Hi-tech and seizes all assets on 1/28/13. www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/01/fhtm.shtm

Whip
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Hate to say, had to be taken down = lost. Otherwise they would still be up. No 2 ways about it.

GlimDropper
02-13-2013, 12:47 AM
The Fall of Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Has Lessons for the MLM Industry

by Adonis E. Hoffman, *Adonis Hoffman, Esq., is an attorney and marketing professor in Washington, DC, who follows the MLM industry.

The world of network marketing, direct sales and MLM was shaken when the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Attorneys General of Kentucky, North Carolina and Illinois acted jointly to shut down the operations and seize the assets of Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) on January 28, 2013. Such a harsh display of federal and state enforcement rarely has been seen in the industry, and the aftershocks will be felt for a long time to come.

<Snip>

2. Spread the Wealth From Top to Bottom

One of the government's claims against FHTM is that over 95 percent of the reps made little or no money whatsoever, while one or two percent of its leadership earned incomes averaging over $300,000 and upwards of $1 million. If such an allegation is true, this is a legacy no self-respecting company in any industry should be proud to report. These kinds of statistics point to failure of the company, not to success, and no amount of spin or doctrine or motivational rallying can change the fact.

A responsible company will take the necessary steps to adjust its practices so the ratio of top earners to low-earners is not wildly out of balance. A responsible company will institute reforms to spread the company's wealth, even if it means re-jiggering the compensation plan to reward effort. A responsible company will bring in compensation experts to fix what is broken. The key lesson for any company in the industry is that federal legislators will not tolerate an egregiously outbalanced compensation structure, where there is no apparent regard for some kind of equity. When allowed to persist for years, as it is alleged against FHTM, the government easily can conclude that a pyramid is operating.

<Snip>

Conclusion

It is no secret that the MLM industry is in the crosshairs of state attorneys general and the Federal Trade Commission. The scrutiny is not personal–its business. FHTM is not the first, and will not be the last, company to undergo investigation, litigation and perhaps liquidation. There will be more to come. These regulators are sworn to uphold the public interest. When consumers are harmed by business practices bordering on unfairness and exploitation, these agencies will move in swiftly. Smart MLM companies will do everything they can to insulate themselves from the factual conditions that gave rise to the actions against FHTM.

A few of the basic rules apply. Compensation has to be based on the sale of goods, products or services, not on recruitment. While team building is essential to success in MLM, the primary focus of every company must be on moving products. When that message permeates a company's presentation and information, and is evident on its website and corporate materials, the company should be able to pass any regulatory or legal muster.

At the end of the day, the fate of FHTM appears to be sealed. It will never exist in the same form or fashion as it did before January 28. The executives appear to be destined to dole out large sums of money in a consent decree settlement, perhaps with a stipulation that it cease and desist from operating.

Other companies should learn from FHTM's mis-steps and take the time to assess their practices, make adjustments where necessary, and get to know the regulators and policymakers who might be able to make a difference.

[Link] (http://www.businessforhome.org/2013/02/the-fall-of-fortune-hi-tech-marketing/comment-page-1/#comment-25465)

This will be an interesting court case to follow, if the government is correct (even if only substantially so) in it's claims that close to 95% of FHTM's reps made little or no money while 1 to 3% were paid handsomely there is hope, no matter how thin that some of the dreaded "gray area" in MLM might have some harsh glare applied to it. There is enough money flowing through "legitimate" MLM to pay for lobbyists and buy the odd politician to hinder or stall legislative efforts to draw hard and clear lines between what is or isn't legal. Trade associations like the DSA (who to their credit, did not grant membership to FHTM) should be on the front line of an effort to establish clear guidelines but instead seem content to play politics as usual when they should start thinking about the tens of thousands of victims one mid sized company like FHTM created and the potential backlash it might generate. The DSA and related groups should start to consider that if they can not or will not clean up the industry they advocate for, it will get cleaned up for them and perhaps not to their own liking.

Moderator Warning: Mr. Isaacs, this thread is not and will not be about you. You were one of quite literally thousands of people who warned against FHTM and you have our thanks for having done so. That being said I am content in stating that your version of your story is frequently and demonstrably at odds with what can be proven of the facts, anyone with enough curiosity can verify this for themselves. If you wish to post updates about the current FTC vs. FHTM case feel free but you will not use this forum to serialize your "Joe vs. the FHTM Volcano" story. You have your own websites for that.

fhtmclassaction
02-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Warning to the moderator about mr. Isaacs: This thread has always been about the fhtm pyramid scheme. You need to get your facts right regarding the cases between him and fhtm. Wserra is out of his mind in his analysis. Read the files and then re-comment please. His version of the truth has always been the truth in spite of what others may opinionize. The proven facts never seem to make it here. The fact that the case was dropped in a settlement agreement never came to light as it should have.

Good luck to the ftc in prosecuting this prolific pyramid that had a compensation planned that was intentionally rigged so that a handful of select individuals made millions at the expense of most of the victims.

[link] (http://www.businessforhome.org/2013/02/the-fall-of-fortune-hi-tech-marketing/comment-page-1/#comment-25465)

this will be an interesting court case to follow, if the government is correct (even if only substantially so) in it's claims that close to 95% of fhtm's reps made little or no money while 1 to 3% were paid handsomely there is hope, no matter how thin that some of the dreaded "gray area" in mlm might have some harsh glare applied to it. There is enough money flowing through "legitimate" mlm to pay for lobbyists and buy the odd politician to hinder or stall legislative efforts to draw hard and clear lines between what is or isn't legal. Trade associations like the dsa (who to their credit, did not grant membership to fhtm) should be on the front line of an effort to establish clear guidelines but instead seem content to play politics as usual when they should start thinking about the tens of thousands of victims one mid sized company like fhtm created and the potential backlash it might generate. The dsa and related groups should start to consider that if they can not or will not clean up the industry they advocate for, it will get cleaned up for them and perhaps not to their own liking.

moderator warning: Mr. Isaacs, this thread is not and will not be about you. You were one of quite literally thousands of people who warned against fhtm and you have our thanks for having done so. That being said i am content in stating that your version of your story is frequently and demonstrably at odds with what can be proven of the facts, anyone with enough curiosity can verify this for themselves. If you wish to post updates about the current ftc vs. Fhtm case feel free but you will not use this forum to serialize your "joe vs. The fhtm volcano" story. You have your own websites for that.

littleroundman
02-13-2013, 07:17 AM
You need to get your facts right regarding the cases between him and fhtm.

Documents or links to documents or it never happened.

fhtmclassaction
02-15-2013, 06:06 AM
Documents or links to documents or it never happened.

Here are just a few. Now eat crow
http://www.joseph-isaacs.com/Fortune%20signed%20agreed%20order.pdf
http://www.joseph-isaacs.com/ECF%20U%20S%20%20Eastern%20District%20of%20Kentuck y-Order%20Motion%20to%20DIsmiss.pdf
http://www.joseph-isaacs.com/FHTM_Isaacs_Redacted_Settlement_Agreement

GlimDropper
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
No crows need be harmed on Mr. Isaacs behalf.

When reading this link (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:cELAgR4q0sgJ:www.joseph-isaacs.com/response%2520to%2520Motion%2520to%2520Compel/Gardere01%25206269175_1%2520FHTM%2520Motion%2520to %2520Compel%252012.23.12%2520as%2520filed.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShLdtK81zghL2qQiGFEtMnQ13hxmhFycM2S7mLB 0I36uhZRAE9-0eEfD_T4-h1zJuKrGbrf9QEgQtbJBw0xo3Fb1LDrgaJpHcOIu4F-oTFAI84qWEiVeN4s0HmUZZmpbdJrBga_&sig=AHIEtbSSjikm1cth3SFaBp3bDXY_iU0dmA) I want to make a few things clear. First, it isn't a court case it's from an arbitration process, one in which FHTM doesn't believe Joe is fulfilling his end of the agreement. Second, FHTM has earned every lawsuit filed against it, my fondest and most sincere hope is that they will face a fair and full hearing on all the issues they are accused of and that justice will be served. I also want Joe Issacs to stop using this forum to spread his lies. Of the two the latter is the one I can do something about.

I'm not going to spend much time on this, it really isn't worth the effort but I will make a few small points. I understand Joe's behavior a little better after reading what he, in violation of the terms of his arbitration agreement, has made available on his website. The link above is an example, the way he refuses to admit he's Joesph Isaacs is another. None of that really bothers me but what does is the narcissistic way he paints his struggle with FHTM and the way he tries to bend facts to make himself look like a victim of anything other than his own disfunction. To hear Joe say it his "FortuneSocial" website was a social marketing tool that any MLM company could use and he is being persecuted by FHTM only because he used the word "Fortune." That isn't what they say (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:30jw0Pbptm4J:images.bimedia.net/documents/isaacscomplaint.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShLIzkTaNz5hoctnY0t6Rg5zasEkwRRuKoHZvFa kjxb51VgQn4hhOb1UHnBaG5NbIKkkdCyHx-pRHWvE6nHyljIdIOoJlkWg7C0MU8F8wCHqdOlyjmhzT9mv6q2J JxBURZ0s-lz&sig=AHIEtbQgHiM0wbpCloBY4qk7racv55TMYQ) about it.

Here's an Archive dot org copy of a press release (http://web.archive.org/web/20100204094852/http://www.1888pressrelease.com/fortune-social-launches-fhtm-webconnect-first-rea-time-web-pr-181959.html) Joe published in February of 2010. Please note that back then he described FortuneSocial as:

Fortune Social created the world's first private social network exclusively for a network marketing company

"A" network marketing company, not "any" network marketing company. Also, look at the logo he uses, he Photoshoped the word "Social" on top of one of FHTM's logos and to round things out he presented himself as having a trademark on a service he called "FHTM Webconnect®." The use of the word "Fortune" was the least of their complaints and Joe knows it but it's harder to make himself look like a heroic victim if he doesn't lie about himself.

Please understand I don't think FHTM is innocent, ethical or legitimate but to assume that Mr. Isaacs is any of those things simply because he's apposed to them is a false dichotomy. They weren't interested in purchasing Joe's websites and marketing "tools" and if Joe would have simply rebranded them removing any similarities to FHTM's trademarks Joe likely could have found out if any other MLM would be interested in his technology (I doubt it). He could have sparred himself years in protracted and expensive litigation and arbitration but some mixture of narcissism and masochism prevents Joe from separating himself from a company he hates and which was fully capable of getting it's self shut down without any help what so ever from Mr. Isaacs.

Well, that's more time than the mans worth but I did wish to document that Joe is, at a minimum lying about the basic facts of his conflict. He is also spewing his lies on any web forum that will give him an audience. For the record, this will soon no longer be one of them. Mr. Isaacs can not separate his own narrative from the FTC action against FHTM so I will do it for him, in so far as this forum is concerned. Joe, you have one more post if you like, to have your final say and then we will be done with you. You have achieved the nearly impossible feat of making me feel sorry for FHTM so I am looking forward to the time that you are nothing but a shrinking dot in the rear view mirror of this discussion.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
no crows need be harmed on mr. Isaacs behalf.

When reading this link (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:celagr4q0sgj:www.joseph-isaacs.com/response%2520to%2520motion%2520to%2520compel/gardere01%25206269175_1%2520fhtm%2520motion%2520to %2520compel%252012.23.12%2520as%2520filed.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=adgeeshldtk81zghl2qqigfetmnq13hxmhfycm2s7mlb 0i36uhzrae9-0eefd_t4-h1zjukrgbrf9qegqtbjbw0xo3fb1ldrgajphcoiu4f-otfai84qweiven4s0hmuzzmpbdjrbga_&sig=ahietbssjikm1cth3sfabp3bdxy_iu0dma) i want to make a few things clear. First, it isn't a court case it's from an arbitration process, one in which fhtm doesn't believe joe is fulfilling his end of the agreement. Second, fhtm has earned every lawsuit filed against it, my fondest and most sincere hope is that they will face a fair and full hearing on all the issues they are accused of and that justice will be served. I also want joe issacs to stop using this forum to spread his lies. Of the two the latter is the one i can do something about.

I'm not going to spend much time on this, it really isn't worth the effort but i will make a few small points. I understand joe's behavior a little better after reading what he, in violation of the terms of his arbitration agreement, has made available on his website. The link above is an example, the way he refuses to admit he's joesph isaacs is another. None of that really bothers me but what does is the narcissistic way he paints his struggle with fhtm and the way he tries to bend facts to make himself look like a victim of anything other than his own disfunction. To hear joe say it his "fortunesocial" website was a social marketing tool that any mlm company could use and he is being persecuted by fhtm only because he used the word "fortune." that isn't what they say (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:30jw0pbptm4j:images.bimedia.net/documents/isaacscomplaint.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=adgeeshlizktanz5hoctny0t6rg5zasekwrrukohzvfa kjxb51vgqn4hhob1uhnbag5nbikkkdcyhx-prhwve6nhyljidioojlkwg7c0mu8f8wchqdolyjmhzt9mv6q2j jxburz0s-lz&sig=ahietbqghim0wbpcloby4qk7racv55tmyq) about it.

Here's an archive dot org copy of a press release (http://web.archive.org/web/20100204094852/http://www.1888pressrelease.com/fortune-social-launches-fhtm-webconnect-first-rea-time-web-pr-181959.html) joe published in february of 2010. Please note that back then he described fortunesocial as:

"a" network marketing company, not "any" network marketing company. Also, look at the logo he uses, he photoshoped the word "social" on top of one of fhtm's logos and to round things out he presented himself as having a trademark on a service he called "fhtm webconnect®." the use of the word "fortune" was the least of their complaints and joe knows it but it's harder to make himself look like a heroic victim if he doesn't lie about himself.

Please understand i don't think fhtm is innocent, ethical or legitimate but to assume that mr. Isaacs is any of those things simply because he's apposed to them is a false dichotomy. They weren't interested in purchasing joe's websites and marketing "tools" and if joe would have simply rebranded them removing any similarities to fhtm's trademarks joe likely could have found out if any other mlm would be interested in his technology (i doubt it). He could have sparred himself years in protracted and expensive litigation and arbitration but some mixture of narcissism and masochism prevents joe from separating himself from a company he hates and which was fully capable of getting it's self shut down without any help what so ever from mr. Isaacs.

Well, that's more time than the mans worth but i did wish to document that joe is, at a minimum lying about the basic facts of his conflict. He is also spewing his lies on any web forum that will give him an audience. For the record, this will soon no longer be one of them. Mr. Isaacs can not separate his own narrative from the ftc action against fhtm so i will do it for him, in so far as this forum is concerned. Joe, you have one more post if you like, to have your final say and then we will be done with you. You have achieved the nearly impossible feat of making me feel sorry for fhtm so i am looking forward to the time that you are nothing but a shrinking dot in the rear view mirror of this discussion.

bravo!!

Whip
02-15-2013, 08:40 PM
fake 'press releases' = always funny.

fhtmclassaction
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
WHAT A BUNCH OF RADIAL ******* MORONS....NO CLUE WHATSOEVER. GO **** YOURSELF - ALL OF YOU. :loser:

3097[/QUOTE]

GlimDropper
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Stay classy Joe. I gave you a final post to have your say and that's the best you came up with? Good Bye.

[And thanks Jenny]

Moving on with the topic at hand Adonis Hoffman, the gentleman who wrote the article I quoted in post #57 of this thread elaborated on his thoughts in a post over on Ted Nuyten's Business from Home site (http://www.businessforhome.org/2013/02/the-fall-of-fortune-hi-tech-marketing/). It's worth a read:

Adonis Hoffman (http://about.me/adonishoffman) February 12, 2013 at 10:05 pm My apologies for mis-stating the name of FHTM's CEO in the original article The FTC laid out a detailed series of charges against FHTM. In simple terms, the FTC complaint alleges that FHTM violated Section 5 of the FTC Act, which prohibits "unfair and deceptive acts or practices affecting commerce." The alleged deception relates to FHTM's repeated income claims with respect to how much money representatives were earning through the FHTM business. The FTC alleged that FHTM repeatedly and consistently made false claims as to how much income reps could make, when FHTM knew that the compensation plan, by design, would not allow those reps to achieve the levels of income FHTM claimed. The FTC based this allegation on an in-depth review of the plan, and an investigation of the actual earnings of reps who made false claims of more earnings, repeatedly and publicly. This allegation will be litigated on the facts, meaning that FHTM will have to refute what the government alleges. The second major claim against FHTM by the FTC is that FHTM ran an illegal pyramid scheme, which has been well defined in federal law, and upheld throughout numerous cases in federal courts. In essence, a pyramid scheme is one in which the compensation is richer for recruiting representatives than for selling the retail products. Again, the determination of this will turn on the facts of this case, where FHTM must refute the FTC's claim that it paid more for recruits, such as bonuses, than it did for the sale of the various products. Finally, one other issue going to unfairness and deception is the allegation that FHTM marketed products and services, claiming that it was a preferred affiliate of those companies, when it was, allegedly, only a third-party distributor with no special relationship. The complaint alleges that many of the products and services marketed by FHTM could be obtained in the market directly for less money. Again, this was alleged to be misleading. When taken together, these three big allegations were sufficient to bring the case. The reason for the temporary restraining order and immediate freeze on company and personal assets, according to court pleadings, is that the government wanted to avoid the possibility of assets being transferred out of the country. Thus, there was no advance notice given to the defendants of a pending seizure, for fear of flight or destruction of documents and evidence. All of this information can be ascertained by a close reading of the FTC's pleadings, which are conveniently located on the FHTM website, which is now under the control of a temporary receiver, Robb Evans and Associates, who was appointed by the U.S. District Court. Robb Evans & Robb Evans & Associates - Temporary Receiver of Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc., et al. (http://www.robbevans.com/html/fortune.html) Again, in my view, this case sets forth a real-life example of the need for MLM companies to train their reps and leadership correctly about the legal and regulatory rules governing the industry. It is not acceptable to play fast and loose with exaggerated income claims or even indirect, implicit claims that your opportunity will lead to wealth and riches. It is not acceptable in videos, on websites, or in presentations or opportunity meetings. In the FHTM, the FTC used undercover investigators who posed as prospects. They were told repeatedly that several named individuals were earning "millions" in FHTM, when that, allegedly, was not the case. In my view, the better approach is to under-promise and over-deliver the income results from your opportunity. MLM companies must be more diligent in training their reps on key phrases and terms that will insulate them from prosecution, and they must diligently monitor how reps are marketing the opportunity itself. That will keep your company on the right side of the law, and out of the headlines. I hope this overview is helpful to the MLM community in understanding what has happened thus far with FHTM, and helpful in knowing what to do in the future. Adonis Hoffman, Esq. Attorney & Counselor at Law, Washington, DC.

GlimDropper
02-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Kasey Chang, a friend of this site wrote an interesting piece on his MLM Skeptic Blog (http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com/):

Friday, February 15, 2013

Did DSA "throw FHTM under the bus", so to speak?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/DSA%28US%29-logo.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DSA%28US%29-logo.png)

DSA (US) Logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DSA%28US%29-logo.png))

Direct Selling Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Selling_Association), or DSA, is the industry lobby group for direct sellers / network marketing / multi-level marketing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing). The day after the Federal Trade Commission (http://www.ftc.gov/) shut down FHTM, DSA put out a press release, revealing quite a few interesting facts (http://www.mlm.com/articles/view/2572):

FHTM is NOT a member of DSA (supposedly they applied for 3 years, denied 3 years, and decided not to try again in 2011)
DSA knew something's wrong with FHTM which is why they never were admitted. There were several requests for changes from the DSA, but FHTM never did them.

Some industry members were not happy. Kevin Thompson, of Thompson and Burton, i.e. "The MLM Attorney", essentially concluded that because FHTM is not a part of DSA, DSA basically "rolled them under the bus" (http://thompsonburton.com/mlmattorney/2013/02/06/ftc-shuts-down-fortune-hi-tech-marketing-summons-the-krakan/).

The question that needs to be answered are:

Is DSA only answerable to its members?
Should DSA be speaking out against scams BEFORE they become popular?

[Link to the rest of the article.] (http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com/2013/02/did-dsa-throw-fhtm-under-bus-so-to-speak.html)

Kasey did an excellent job of framing an issue, the Direct Selling Association (DSA) can pat themselves on the back all they like for never having granted membership to FHTM and industry advocates like Kevin Thompson can complain all he likes about the FTC shutting down a long-standing business without a judicial hearing but they both see the problem. It's the same problem we all see but can't perfectly define, it's the "gray area."

I would love to see very clear and direct rules which state clearly what percentage of retail customers who have no expectation of compensation are required for a marketing plan to be deemed legal. But for as much as the MLM community writ large complain about the FTC not being 100% consistent in what and how it enforces, they've been somewhere between apathetic to outright hostile to efforts to clearly draw those lines. When Zeek Rewards wallows like a rutting pig in the gray area they help maintain the Kevin Thompson's of the world (belatedly) get angry about it (http://themlmattorney.com/zeek-rewards-takes-a-dive/) and I wish to be fair here in saying I don't know what Mr. Thompson has been doing behind the scenes to help eliminate the gray, but we know some of the things his firm has been doing publicly (http://behindmlm.com/companies/bidify/bidify-calls-in-the-lawyers-on-ex-ceo-albert-liske/). Thompson Burton is a legal firm with a fiduciary responsibility to it's clients. It, like the DSA owes no responsibility at all to the public at large and apparently little to none to the 90+% of FHTM IRs who lost money chasing the MLM dream.

Guess what, when the industry as a whole refuses to regulate it's self it severely undermines it's right to complain about how it ends up getting regulated. It isn't enough that the DSA refused to grant FHTM membership, the DSA should not have waited until the day AFTER (http://www.dsa.org/press/press_releases/?fa=view&docID=5448) the FTC stepped in to distance themselves from it.

littleroundman
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM
The reality of the MLM experience for millions of people:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/scams%202/report_zpsf46b5c14.jpg

First report of the Temporary receiver appointed to FHTM (http://www.robbevans.com/pdf/fortunereport01.pdf)

GlimDropper
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Report: Ky. leaders of alleged pyramid scheme made nearly $40 million

Published: February 27, 2013

By Linda B. Blackford — lblackford@herald-leader.com

The top two executives at Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing made nearly $40 million in recent years, even as 98 percent of the Lexington-based company's independent representatives made less than $1,000 in annual commissions, according to a court-ordered report.

<Snip>

Fortune Hi-Tech and one of its affiliates, Alan Clark Holdings, took in $252 million in revenue from 2009 to 2012, according to the report. Since 2007, founder Paul Orberson received $21.2 million in salary and dividends, while CEO Thomas Mills made $18.1 million.

"Other shareholders, many of whom appear to be family members of either Mr. Orberson or Mr. Mills, received approximately $9.5 million in dividends and salary," the report says, although the names of the six other shareholders were redacted.

Most Fortune Hi-Tech independent representatives did not fare so well in that four-year span. About 98 percent of them received less than $1,000 in commissions a year, while 74 percent received less than $10 a year, according to the report.

"More than 88 percent of the representatives did not earn more than the enrollment fees to recoup their initial investments," the report said.

[Link to the Kentucky dot com article] (http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/27/2534620/report-ky-leaders-of-alleged-pyramid.html)

Once again, if the DSA and other MLM trade organizations can not find a way to better regulate themselves they diminish their right to complain about how they will end up being regulated.

(And props to Lambkin over at the Q for finding the story.)

bankalchemist
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
:pt::loser::butt_kisser:UPDATE: JOSEPH ISAACS...he did get his 15 mins out of all of this. He is publishing an online book about his escapades and I have read where Dennis Rodman may audition to play Issacs character. :scared_1:Issacs is back to the MLM playbook with F WAD BUTT out of Chicago of Zeus Capital Advisers regarding Bank Formation. He has had significant press during these troublesome times (of which he brought upon himself) but has according to post on the internet written some books and is not selling without registration real estate rehabs in Florida.

bankalchemist
05-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Very well stated...Isaacs was not replying as he would not accept service by hiding in the bushes at his beach dump house or refusing to even answer the door. Now he is trying to sell his Tell All I was the Victim narrative.

bankalchemist
05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
:watching_you: Now now Joseph your mom would not want you using language like this....everyone knows that fhtmclassaction is one of your aliases. Now they can read the full story in your Tell All "I Was The Victim" SKAPEGOAT. This riveting expose has received 5 porcelain throne awards since its release recently. Its rumored that Denis Rodman may play the movie role of Joseph Isaacs if it goes to film. :shocked::duh::loser:

Skapegoat
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
"dont think so"

hate to say, had to be taken down = lost. Otherwise they would still be up. No 2 ways about it.

Skapegoat
05-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Isaacs has never used the alias FHTMCLASSACTION. Bankalchemist has spent way to much time in bed with the FHTM illegal attorneys.

I am so glad you have enjoyed the book about the truth behind FHTM and the huge scam they ran.

Isaacs' personal courage and determination finally prevailed. Several states and the federal government have now concurred with his earliest claims that the company is an illegal pyramid scheme and should be shut down. It is even possible some FHTM executives could go to jail. Sadly, the government allowed the fraud to run for more than 10 years and to swindle more than 500,000 households of hundreds of millions of dollars before it decisively acted.

For those who have grasped the facts about MLM schemes yet are still seeking irrefutable evidence, this book should be read. For those who are investigating MLM and may still believe it might offer a viable income opportunity, this book will save them incalculable time and money.

But, in my personal view, the people, above all others, who should read it are government regulators and politicians. When they hear of complaints or arguments about MLM fraud, yet they are still swayed by company claims of honesty and economic opportunity, this book will open their eyes to the truth of the consumer complaints. If they already suspect MLM is a scam, yet perhaps not so serious to warrant a major investigation, the book will show the extent of damage that such a fraud is doing to the American public. In "Skapegoat", Joe Isaacs is all of us.

:watching_you: Now now Joseph your mom would not want you using language like this....everyone knows that fhtmclassaction is one of your aliases. Now they can read the full story in your Tell All "I Was The Victim" SKAPEGOAT. This riveting expose has received 5 porcelain throne awards since its release recently. Its rumored that Denis Rodman may play the movie role of Joseph Isaacs if it goes to film. :shocked::duh::loser:

Skapegoat
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Bankalchemist wins the award for being one the most stupid dumb fucks on planet earth. NO CLUE about anything he speaks about.

:pt::loser::butt_kisser:UPDATE: JOSEPH ISAACS...he did get his 15 mins out of all of this. He is publishing an online book about his escapades and I have read where Dennis Rodman may audition to play Issacs character. :scared_1:Issacs is back to the MLM playbook with F WAD BUTT out of Chicago of Zeus Capital Advisers regarding Bank Formation. He has had significant press during these troublesome times (of which he brought upon himself) but has according to post on the internet written some books and is not selling without registration real estate rehabs in Florida.

littleroundman
05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Isaacs' personal courage and determination finally prevailed.

And he became but one of several hundred people who posted about and reported Fortune High-Tech Marketing for the fraud that it was.

Unfortunately for Mr Isaacs, history will record before turning "whistleblower" he first attempted to profit from his involvement with FHTM and failed dismally to do so, thus tarnishing any reputation he may have gained for his later exploits.

Gregg
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks Skapegoat sounds a bit like another Joseph Isaacs sock puppet.

EagleOne
05-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks Skapegoat sounds a bit like another Joseph Isaacs sock puppet.

You're not alone. My thoughts exactly. Then it could be his evil twin brother or maybe his wife?

Gregg
05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I'll bet a bottle of Cherry Coke his IP Address points to the Tampa Bay area.

littleroundman
05-21-2013, 11:14 PM
You're lucky I don't like Cherry Coke.

His I.P. isn't from Tampa Bay, but it IS the person who wrote Skapegoat, isn't it Joe ???

Skapegoat
07-04-2013, 06:30 AM
All of the relevant documents regarding the FTC vs. FHTM case as well as the dismissed FHTM vs. Isaacs case can be found at Skapegoat the FHTM Blame Game Story | an MLM whistleblower's Memoir | FHTM Facts and News (http://www.joseph-isaacs.com) :pulling_hair_out:

The original case that FHTM filed against Isaacs in Federal court was sent to Arbitration in 2010. That arbitration was then settled in 2011 with FHTM paying Isaacs a chunk of money into escrow for 1 year. They filed a breach motion on the day the funds were to get released. Last week that breach motion was withdrawn and a new and final settlement was reached. That agreement can also be viewed at http://www.joseph-isaacs.com/Final%20settlement%20dismissal.pdf

FHTM did not win the Federal case, the Arbitration or the subsequent breach. In fact - as a result of their 3 year crusade to destroy Isaacs, they destroyed themselves in the process. The FTC and 3 AG's have put them out of business, their assets put up for auction last week and in all reality the owners Orberson and Mills will go to prison. They misjudged Isaacs ability as an adversary. They should have never pissed in Isaacs cherios.

Isaacs wrote a book about the ordeal called Skapegoat, the FHTM Blame Game Story which can be ordered through his website for the Kindle, the Nook or in paperback.

Gee, "Da"

How interesting.

Perhaps you could help us out here by telling us exactly where you "heard" about FHTM paying off Mr Isaacs.

If it's not too much trouble, a copy of the court documents or at least a link to them would do, at a pinch.

Otherwise, we might make a terrible mistake and think your post was just ANOTHER MLM related half truth posted on the 'net.

littleroundman
07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
In fact - as a result of their 3 year crusade to destroy Isaacs, they destroyed themselves in the process. The FTC and 3 AG's have put them out of business, their assets put up for auction last week and in all reality the owners Orberson and Mills will go to prison. They misjudged Isaacs ability as an adversary. They should have never pissed in Isaacs cherios.

HeHeHe,

I've heard of rewriting history, but that takes the cake for being pure, unadulterated B--O--O--L--S--H--E--E--T as well as being completely and utterly disrespectful of the combined efforts thousands of consumers, consumer advocates and professional investigators who all contributed to the demise of what was ALWAYS a fraudulent pyramid scheme.

Believe me, Joe Isaacs name may well go down in history, but, it certainly won't be as the guy who brought down FHTM.

kschang
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
At best, Joe Isaacs was the guy that hurried it along a bit. ;)

Whip
07-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I've never seen someone that can't get enough of his own type. He's polluting Quatloos and now here.

bankalchemist
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
:butt_kisser: Our good buddy here bubba joe just celebrated his birthday by going out to diner with friends to a local Italian restaurant. He took a coupon just in case they did not recognize him as the infamous butt whistle blower. The owner rejected the use of a coupon (Isaacs always trying to get something for nothing) then wrote the restaurant up in the local review as having poor food and being dirty. Go figure. There was no report that Isaacs was in the company of Barbara Bushe who has been a rigorous blogger with him. Perhaps she was table dancing to "Trim My Bush" inside out. :pt:

Needing a new scam for income Joe has been dabbling in RIP Real Estate, Residential Income Properties which is hard to accept Florida Real Estate and Joseph Isaacs! :watching_you: You may have read where Denis Rodman is looking to play Isaacs in the TV Drama of Skapegoat I am all backed up. :onloo:

Isaacs has never used the alias FHTMCLASSACTION. Bankalchemist has spent way to much time in bed with the FHTM illegal attorneys.

I am so glad you have enjoyed the book about the truth behind FHTM and the huge scam they ran.

Isaacs' personal courage and determination finally prevailed. Several states and the federal government have now concurred with his earliest claims that the company is an illegal pyramid scheme and should be shut down. It is even possible some FHTM executives could go to jail. Sadly, the government allowed the fraud to run for more than 10 years and to swindle more than 500,000 households of hundreds of millions of dollars before it decisively acted.

For those who have grasped the facts about MLM schemes yet are still seeking irrefutable evidence, this book should be read. For those who are investigating MLM and may still believe it might offer a viable income opportunity, this book will save them incalculable time and money.

But, in my personal view, the people, above all others, who should read it are government regulators and politicians. When they hear of complaints or arguments about MLM fraud, yet they are still swayed by company claims of honesty and economic opportunity, this book will open their eyes to the truth of the consumer complaints. If they already suspect MLM is a scam, yet perhaps not so serious to warrant a major investigation, the book will show the extent of damage that such a fraud is doing to the American public. In "Skapegoat", Joe Isaacs is all of us.

bankalchemist
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks Skapegoat sounds a bit like another Joseph Isaacs sock puppet. ahha yes it is as skapegoat has the sock puppet on his johnson with visuals of barbaras bushe whose name she uses to contribute when he needs others to make the same point. :pao: :watching_you:

bankalchemist
05-04-2014, 08:41 AM
ISAACS UPDATE NEWS FLASH! now operating as SmartandHandy home repair he is working on rehabbing houses in Palm Harbor with the hidden agenda of trying to snag investors. Having posted numerous times as RIP (rental investment properties) or something close he was guaranteeing a return on investment of 8.5% and possibly more. (there is something questionable about florida real estate and Joseph Isaacs. So now he is Smart & Handy with post by satisfied customers like Ruskaboy Holdings aka Joseph Isaacs partnership with his ole friend Barbara Bushe. Now thats a name we have not heard from lately....Barbara's Bushe trimmed by Smart & Handy. :pt::pou: His opening special was bathroom remodeling where he comes and hand checks the back ups in your toilet...

Whip
05-04-2014, 09:07 AM
He's also involved in the telexfree scam and seems to be posting here on the net as textex ranting after failing at a tools scam.

bankalchemist
05-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Its said he was at a book signing for Skapegoat during the opening of the new Scientology Flag Building in Clearwater Fl. That was a large crowd of lost souls looking for a new vision. :scared_1: Then you have the evangelical folks he signed up with his Fortune mirror site. :shocked: If you add in the Jehovah Witnesses and his tribe of David he could have had a very successful book signing.

bankalchemist
05-07-2014, 03:07 PM
everyone should start their day with a full isaacs :onloo: it simply helps one relieve all that may be backed up...

Skapegoat
05-12-2014, 06:10 AM
He's also involved in the telexfree scam and seems to be posting here on the net as textex ranting after failing at a tools scam.

Are you posters all retarded. You continue to speak out of your ass about things you dont know. Stop listening to the butt plugging Dan Hudson who has been convicted of slander and maybe embezzlement too.

Mr. Isaacs was NEVER involved in TelexFREE and NEVER posted anything as TexTex.

Get a life assholes!!!! You are pathetic.

Whip
05-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Might want to take your own advice there slappy.

Did you already forget what you sent to anyone you thought would listen to you in the government once they found out you were involved with it?:

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7061/b8g6.jpg

WUTC.wa.gov (http://www.wutc.wa.gov/rms2.nsf/177d98baa5918c7388256a550064a61e/2f3f88183a7f84e088257cbe006a1698!OpenDocument)

Then there's the whole real estate scam you're trying to run in Florida and new tools scam you're trying to get rolling with amway.

littleroundman
05-12-2014, 06:26 AM
O.K. then,

Joe Isaacs wasn't involved IN Telexfree but, he was certainly involved WITH Telexfree

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7061/b8g6.jpg

WUTC.gov (http://www.wutc.wa.gov/rms2.nsf/177d98baa5918c7388256a550064a61e/970e798d63e4c02088257ca200731c6f!OpenDocument)

There, how's that ??

littleroundman
05-13-2014, 02:18 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img856/2917/w6wz.jpg

Joseph Isaacs - NBCNews page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/posts/696133810407979)

http://imageshack.com/a/img820/2444/6ke2.jpg

Joseph Isaacs' joseph.isaacs page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/joseph.isaacs.50?fref=nf)

Whip
05-13-2014, 07:28 AM
he certainly is distressed.

laidback
05-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks Skapegoat sounds a bit like another Joseph Isaacs sock puppet.I can't do that without my tongue snapping off its rollers...!

littleroundman
05-13-2014, 08:46 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8962/twaiw.jpg

FTC press release (http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/05/ftc-settlement-bans-pyramid-scheme-operators-multi-level)

Whip
05-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Another temper tantrum in 3.....2.....1.....

Soapboxmom
05-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Another temper tantrum in 3.....2.....1.....

Hell substitute the name of almost any MLM in that settlement and enforce it and we would have some real consumer protection finally!!! Those numbers are so typical!!!!!

Whip
05-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Hell substitute the name of almost any MLM in that settlement and enforce it and we would have some real consumer protection finally!!! Those numbers are so typical!!!!!

But only one man can single handedly take them down by golly! He'll be by to tell us so shortly.

Fat City, LA
05-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Could Skapegoat look any classless/more stupid? Not possible.

Are you posters all retarded. You continue to speak out of your ass about things you dont know. Stop listening to the butt plugging Dan Hudson who has been convicted of slander and maybe embezzlement too.

Mr. Isaacs was NEVER involved in TelexFREE and NEVER posted anything as TexTex.

Get a life assholes!!!! You are pathetic.

bankalchemist
05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
If you google Joseph Isaacs TelexFree you can read through the various state filings he has completed with Jim Merrill representing TelexFree. Joe usually charges $10,000 to $25,000 per app as the fee to complete the package. You do the math. So we are to believe he had no knowledge of the state of TelexFree in doing all these filings. He is either very unlucky and dumb or was hoping to help them re-navigate the recognition as a phone service provider and receive his fare share. As smart as he has suggested he was in the demise of FHTM and his other accomplishments in Russian brides, defunct banking, bikini models and now bathroom remodeling how could TelexFree have ever duped him. :loser::duh:

bankalchemist
06-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I read a recent post by his ole friend Barbara Bushe. She stated he was involved in Home Remodeling, multiple contracts with TelexFree and one of its Owners as clearly shown on Google. With his SmartandHandy venture he post reviews using RUSKABOY and Joseph I, so as usual Joe is committing on non existent work by S&H with him as the recipient. Seems to be Classic Isaacs. Barbara went on to say in the post that Joe was not trimming her Bushe any longer.

Skapegoat
07-02-2014, 06:25 AM
ISAACS UPDATE NEWS FLASH! now operating as SmartandHandy home repair he is working on rehabbing houses in Palm Harbor with the hidden agenda of trying to snag investors. Having posted numerous times as RIP (rental investment properties) or something close he was guaranteeing a return on investment of 8.5% and possibly more. (there is something questionable about florida real estate and Joseph Isaacs. So now he is Smart & Handy with post by satisfied customers like Ruskaboy Holdings aka Joseph Isaacs partnership with his ole friend Barbara Bushe. Now thats a name we have not heard from lately....Barbara's Bushe trimmed by Smart & Handy. :pt::pou: His opening special was bathroom remodeling where he comes and hand checks the back ups in your toilet...

Shut the f*k up already Dan "the fudge packer" Hudson - fka - the king of slander. If you only had a clue you might be taller than 4'5". You are one extremely stupid sick asshole.

littleroundman
07-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Shut the f*k up already Dan "the fudge packer" Hudson - fka - the king of slander. If you only had a clue you might be taller than 4'5". You are one extremely stupid sick asshole.

So, when you received that Nobel Prize for Literature, did it come with a cash amount or was it just the trophy ??

Whip
07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
poor joey. much like his boyfriend twinktwink, can't face the facts.

Skapegoat
07-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Coming from a midget fudgepacker holds no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

Skapegoat
07-03-2014, 04:26 AM
A huge cash prize doucebag

Skapegoat
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
Comments coming from a fudgepacker hold no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

Skapegoat
07-03-2014, 04:29 AM
Once again bankalchemist is dumber than a rock. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

littleroundman
07-03-2014, 06:11 AM
poor joey. much like his boyfriend twinktwink, can't face the facts.

Coming from a midget fudgepacker holds no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

A huge cash prize doucebag

Comments coming from a fudgepacker hold no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

Once again bankalchemist is dumber than a rock. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.

So, what did your mum pack for your school lunch today ??

Whip
07-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Coming from a midget fudgepacker holds no weight in the real world.

the real world knows that. That's why no one believes you.

Skapegoat
07-04-2014, 06:16 AM
The admins here are losers who sit around and allows good people to be harassed by the likes of littleroundman, bankalchemist, soapboxmom, wserra and others. Mr. Serra is far from a top notch attorney and makes libelous statements regarding others that a court iof law would consider slanderous. Get a life people. Stop creating posts that assume and harass.

littleroundman
07-04-2014, 06:41 AM
And which "good people" would that be, prey tell ??

Textex
07-07-2014, 08:30 AM
He's also involved in the telexfree scam and seems to be posting here on the net as textex ranting after failing at a tools scam.Talk about clueless. LOL

wserra
07-15-2014, 05:25 AM
PM received from Joe:
What the hell is your problem? You run this board to report scams and all you do is go on tirades against good people by allowing slanderous statements and harassing posts.Wow. Have I been promoted?

littleroundman
07-15-2014, 06:25 AM
You run this board

Same accuracy as Joe has displayed in the reporting of his involvement in the whole sorry FHTM saga

Whip
07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
his 'daddy love me' complex is reaching epic proportions. could be close to a meltdown.

bankalchemist
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM
The admins here are losers who sit around and allows good people to be harassed by the likes of littleroundman, bankalchemist, soapboxmom, wserra and others. Mr. Serra is far from a top notch attorney and makes libelous statements regarding others that a court iof law would consider slanderous. Get a life people. Stop creating posts that assume and harass.
WOW does no one like Joe? He provides such great real time entertainment value. Oh his book SKAPEGOAT is #996,626 on the Amazon 100 list. I did hear that Dennis Rodman may play the lead role in any upcoming movie chronicling the book as told by Joe. His new venture is Florida Real Estate Rehab. smartandhandyrenos.com Toilets and all things backed up are their specialty. You need to read the post of how good the work is...all the usual suspect alias of Isaacs.

bankalchemist
07-16-2014, 01:03 PM
So, when you received that Nobel Prize for Literature, did it come with a cash amount or was it just the trophy ??
Joe selected the trophy as it was a banana and he could identify with it easier. As rich as he is from book royalties and flipping Florida real estate, Cow Rentals and other assorted opportunity programs :watching_you:it would have placed him in a higher tax bracket.

kschang
07-16-2014, 01:42 PM

We losers don't hangout with likes such as TelexFree, and retain them as a client and repeat their lies to 50 PUCs (give or take a few) around the country, and thus don't have to apologize to 50 PUCs around the country for wasting their time.

Whip
07-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Mr. Serra is far from a top notch attorney and makes libelous statements regarding others that a court iof law would consider slanderous.

So when will you be taking him to court?

bankalchemist
07-16-2014, 02:07 PM
So when will you be taking him to court?
oh Joe won't do that...he would have to a) spend money b) accept service of some type and he hides in the bushes when people are looking for him. Tells those who have documents for him that its not him. This is one reason he works evenings at CompUSA as a secrete agent in the tech department.

bankalchemist
12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
UPDATE on bubba ISAACS. He has morphed from SmartandHandyRenos.com to reorehabberers.com Must have been one of those name infringements. He also registered 4skininvestments at his same address in Palm Harbor. No website yet...need a quote on your toilet repaired or unclogged. reo@isg-telecom.com He morphs about every six months so no one catches up with him....

Whip
12-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Quatloos has been down all day - surprised he hasn't run around taking credit for that yet.

littleroundman
12-02-2014, 12:32 AM
UPDATE on bubba ISAACS. He has morphed from SmartandHandyRenos.com to reorehabberers.com Must have been one of those name infringements. He also registered 4skininvestments at his same address in Palm Harbor. No website yet...need a quote on your toilet repaired or unclogged. reo@isg-telecom.com He morphs about every six months so no one catches up with him....

His new website is at REO Rehabbers (http://www.reorehabbers.com/)

Same I.P. number, different name

BTW, Quatloos is back up

NikSam
12-02-2014, 01:07 AM
..... He also registered 4skininvestments at his same address in Palm Harbor.....

Hmm, sounds kosher :)

littleroundman
12-02-2014, 02:21 AM
kosher - 4skin

I see what you did there :-)