PDA

View Full Version : MLM Parade Through Red Square

Doc Bunkum
07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Not a scam per se, but I was reading this press release "Capitalist Addresses Networking Communists - Michael Sheffield's Trip To Russia (http://www.mlmconsultantadvice.com/sheffield_14.html)" from a few years back, and this line caught my eye:

The day started with a first for Russia: a seven-mile-long MLM parade through Red Square. Jinuyan Li, president of The Tianshi Group, China's largest MLM, led the parade. Waving to astonished Russians from the sunroof of his limousine, Li was accompanied by Michael Sheffield. Following the limousine were 40 brand new BMW automobiles that would later be awarded to top company distributors...

A frickin' seven-mile-long MLM parade through Red Square?

Macey's Thanksgiving Parade isn't that long.

My memory isn't as good as it once was, we're talking 2000 here - 10 yrs. ago - but does anyone recall seeing this MLM parade on TV? Read about it in the Wall Street Journal or some place?

Hell, even Chris Doyle hasn't gushed over this one on that other forum.

Just wondering if anyone else was there for the big event and remembers any of the details.

Thanks!

A Life Aloft
07-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Heck, I did a a multi engine text, blog and picture search all over the net using several multiple search terms and phrases yesterday- even the MLM name from China - and I couldn't find one damn thing. I even looked on the two Chinese internet/tv channels. lol I also looked using BMW and Red Square and Russia ...nada. You would think that 40 bmers would garner something of a mention. But zip, ziltch, nada. I looked using Red Square, Sheffield's name- the Chinese guy's name - you name it, - I phrased it and looked. I even looked on the big MLM b.s. hype sites that promote MLMs and do articles and news crap about them. Nada. All you find is the claim in a "press release" (not any actual real news or media outlet press release- but just one that Sheffield put out himself lol)

Network Marketing Consultant Michael L. Sheffield (http://www.sheffieldnet.com/srn_artice14.html)

And no pics. Not a one. A big deal such as this, and no pics of the parade or the bmers or the MLMers? What's up with that? There is one photo (taken who knows where) of him and Gorbie in the photo gallery section of the website linked above, but it states that he met Gorbie in 2001 and not in 2000. No parade mentioned either.

iamwil
07-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Heck, I did a a multi engine text, blog and picture search all over the net using several multiple search terms and phrases yesterday-

And no pics. Not a one. A big deal such as this, and no pics of the parade or the bmers or the MLMers? What's up with that? There is one photo (taken who knows where) of him and Gorbie in the photo gallery section of the website linked above, but it states that he met Gorbie in 2001 and not in 2000. No parade mentioned either.
Yes it appears to be one article...

But also when you read it...seven mile long parade... what does that mean...did they line the streets for seven miles to see it? When it was stretched out from end to end was it seven miles long? It seems to me what it actually was was a small caravan of cars that drove from the airport or the train station (or something to that effect) to Red Square that were seven miles apart.

It all appears to me without substance...I don't know.

On the subject of parades.... In Chinatown of Washington DC every year there is the Chinese New Years parade, tower of firecrackers, a couple dancing dragons, bunch of folks in their native costumes...quite fun...but the funniest thing is...this parade is so short....so short it goes around twice! No lie, it is hillarious...they walk down three blocks, up one, back three, down one and walk around again...love it.

Now talk about long parades...maybe others have encountered this...the NASCAR trucks going from one race to the other. One year we were vacationing in NY drove back down through PA to MD...the Pocono 500 was evidently the day before and on Sunday the NASCAR trucks were headed to the next race. We hadn't seen any of the trucks...but for miles...and miles and miles there are people in lawn chairs on both sides of the road, cameras and flags and beer coolers...sitting in back of pickups, kids running around, looking up and down the street. It was about lunch time, we pull into a place to eat, the waitress says, "you are too late, all the window seats are taken" What?? Why?? we thought "We just came to eat" we told her..."Oh you aren't here to watch the trucks?" Then we found out the story, and we saw a few trucks drive by 18 wheeler semi's with the sides all painted up with the car and driver...folks in the restaruant cheering, pointing, high fiving, taking pictures. I've never got into NASCAR, but when I got back to work everyone wanted to see my pictures...you saw the trucks, you were in the parade...not 7 miles...hundreds of miles long...amazing.

Doc Bunkum
07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes it appears to be one article...

But also when you read it...seven mile long parade... what does that mean...

Probably means the parade was seven miles long.

Either that or Mikey was imbibing a little too much of the vodka.

Or was using MLM speak to describe the parade - you know, a little exaggeration is in order.

Or maybe he was just drunk and wandered on to the tail end of the Victory Day parade.

Who knows?

All sorts of possibilities.

Doc Bunkum
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Now talk about long parades...maybe others have encountered this...the NASCAR trucks going from one race to the other. ... but for miles...and miles and miles there are people in lawn chairs on both sides of the road, cameras and flags and beer coolers...sitting in back of pickups, kids running around, looking up and down the street. ...amazing.

The majority of people in the South think the last line of the National Anthem is: "Gentlemen, start your engines!".

iamwil
07-29-2010, 10:04 AM
The majority of people in the South think the last line of the National Anthem is: "Gentlemen, start your engines!".75 million fans? I guess I am missing out...