PDA

View Full Version : Broker Jones - a friendly question

Doc Bunkum
07-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Jones - I see you've been going nuts over at mlm.com.

Threatening people with lawsuits, exposing cowardly internet trolls, etc. etc.

This post (http://www.mlm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30529&start=80#p303738) shows me you've lost it:

Bruce:

As far as you cautioning people what they post on the internet?

You should tell that to your gang at scam.com

My wife and daughters (ages 6 and 2) have received threats of RAPE....Death......and other sadistic crap. I have received emails from people with IP addresses that match up with some of the posters at scam.com saying things like "we can't wait until you're in jail Broker so we can go take care of your wife and daughters and send pictures to you."

If you think I'm bluffing?

Re-read that above statement.

I'm one pissed off father and husband....in addition to an angered (likely multi millionaire) business man.

I will own that forum when I'm done.

Like I said.

Bring your popcorn.

Justin "Broker" Jones

You would have us believe that your "wife and daughters (ages 6 and 2) have received threats of RAPE....Death......and other sadistic crap"?

Those are criminal charges you're talking about. Did you report them to the cops? Do you have a copy of the incident report or a number that you can share with us so we can check?

I doubt it.

You're just blowing smoke, Jones.

You and that other airbag, Clem, what a team.

Oh, and also your attorney in Tennessee - Kevin Prescott Thompson, I take it - the big time MLM lawyer with an unlisted phone number and not listed with the Tennessee Bar Association.

A Life Aloft
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Have you yet to meet or see one MLMer who even knows what the word "TRUTH" means? lol I know I sure as hell haven't.

Doc Bunkum
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't know what that sad sack of ****'s problem is, but I asked him over on mlm.com.

Maybe I'll get an answer if he can think of one. :RpS_cursing:

Emet
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Jones - I see you've been going nuts over at mlm.com.

Threatening people with lawsuits, exposing cowardly internet trolls, etc. etc.

Maybe a little roid rage?

http://politedissent.com/images/sep07/hulk.jpg

Whip
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah....still waiting for proof of the alleged troll's claims. Until then.......BS.

A Life Aloft
07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't know what that sad sack of ****'s problem is, but I asked him over on mlm.com.

Maybe I'll get an answer if he can think of one. :RpS_cursing:He probably needs some meds. Hard to picture how pleasant it would be living with him. If anything remotely happened that he was/is claiming, the proper authorities would have been all over such an incident or incidents by now, especially with children involved. Perhaps it's his way of getting sympathy and creating a smoke screen diversion from his "business" issues and negative p.r. Sounds pretty desperate.

Doc Bunkum
07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Why would anyone on God's green earth allow their daughters (ages 6 and 2) to have unrestricted access to the internet?

Or their 2 yr. old kid (and 6 yr. old for that matter) to have an e-mail account?

Not only sounds like total bullshit, but bad parenting to boot if true.

Emet
07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Here's a nice little "interview":

Daryl Rene: So Broker, the rumor is that before you became the President of Oceanside, you did a little bit of marketing both on the internet and offline…out there in the real world.
Broker Jones: Hey Daryl, the hearsay is true. Before I even met my business partners, I was an “infamous” blogger on the internet trying to help “shut down scammers”, and I’ve done well previously in Network Marketing, and even got to the point where I was being flown to see the CEO’s and Presidents of various companies and paid an up front 4 figure monthly bonus to build teams.

President Broker Jones Talks About Oceanside Marketing Etiquette | Oceansideforex.com (http://oceansideforex.com/blog/president-broker-jones-talks-about-oceanside-marketing-etiquette/)

Daryl Rene (http:///www.modelmayhem.com/902156)

A Life Aloft
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder what the laws are regarding obtaining ISP addys and then people's personal info without a court order are? He had to have gotten them from Lenny, the asshole. Sounds to me from reading the MLM forum and his crazy rants that he is opening himself up to a nice law suit for slander and libel and certainly for obtaining those ISP addys illegally. I bet Wssera would have an opinion regarding this. Doc, why don't you or SBM ask him about this, just for funsies.

Doc Bunkum
07-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Terry Snyder, and Wendy, are two true voices of reason on mlm.com. Decent folks even if we don't agree on all things.

I think Terry did a nice job of setting Broker straight.

Of course, BJ won't listen.

Ever look up that MLM attorney buddy of Lenny's - Kevin Prescott Thompson ?

Now there's a winner!

Just when you thought things get goofier - along comes another joker to prove that they can.

A Life Aloft
07-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Yeah I watched his tacky, worthless, unprofessional video and made a comment about it. I thought the clothes strewn around and the dog in his bed and his dress attire were very touching. lmao

littleroundman
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if, in fact, Jones HAD received threats against he and/or his family.

Anyone with the slightest interest in the 'net HYIP ponzi/scam scene would be only too aware of Jones' somewhat chequered past, particularly with regard to the "autosurf" industry and so called 'net "investments" which he recommended and "brokered"

The HYIP ponzi scene, in particular, is noted for the involvement of a range of players, from unstable to downright criminal.
Threats of violence come with the territory, as the good "broker" would be only too aware.

Too blame those who seek to expose his fraudulent activities smacks of nothing more than an example of the delusional thinking and fantasies on which the "industry" survives.

There are those who have waited for years with bated breath for Jones and others of his ilk to just once follow through with their threats of legal action.

Getting one of these blowhards within 100 feet of a courtroom would be naysayer nirvana, to see Jones or his legal representative attempting to deal with the "disclosure" part of an action would be positively orgasmic.

Unsaved Trash
07-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Broker - I just read your little tirade over at MLM.com. What a load of bullshit!

A PI cannot obtain IPs and you cannot Google an IP for an individual and get results. But I will ask you this again, I want to know exactly what I said that would have been offensive or threatening to your "business?" And where is that thread now? Lenny or Sojustask deleted it. I hope you kept a copy of it because you're going to need proof of everything that was said.

Furthermore, I have asked and will ask you again, why the HQ phone number for OCEANSIDE an unlisted number that is in La Jolla, CA and call forwarded to a suburb of Phoenix? What is the physical address of Oceanside?

Did you ever report anything that was a threat to any mod at scam.com? If you did, it never hit my mailbox or PM box. You're blowing smoke, but if you should choose to sue, that should be interesting. Why? Because then you will be forced to disclose your earnings. Now that wouldn't be a good thing.

Bring it on, asshole. And while you're at it, you might want to check the laws in my state. Should you decide to pursue anything with me, that wouldn't be wise.

littleroundman
07-28-2010, 01:42 AM
If you did, it never hit my mailbox or PM box. You're blowing smoke, but if you should choose to sue, that should be interesting. Why? Because then you will be forced to disclose your earnings. Now that wouldn't be a good thing.

Bring it on, asshole. And while you're at it, you might want to check the laws in my state. Should you decide to pursue anything with me, that wouldn't be wise.

Never mind about "disclosing his earnings"

Watching the "Broker" and/or his legal representative reveal how Oceanside works and makes the returns for its' investors it claims, will be comedy gold.

As for the bit where they prove how the lads turned down a billion dollar offer for their proprietary system and show the requisite licenses and permits to the courts' satisfaction..................................

SIGH

I guess all we can do is tolerate the empty threats and wait for Mr Jones and his cronies to either figure out how to sue anonymous, out of state and international posters or develop sufficient cojones to expose themselves, their product and their company in open court.

Hmmn, "cojones" and "steroid usage" in the same thread,

coincidence or Freudian slip ?????

A Life Aloft
07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmmn, "cojones" and "steroid usage" in the same thread,

coincidence or Freudian slip ?????http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ATfWnLM_5OE/SRC8iuzfzGI/AAAAAAAAAkA/Xw82TVBBJB4/s400/cx_raisinettes.jpg

BruceShuell
07-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I like how he says he'll OWN scam.com! And it looks like SBM and SJA are in his sights as the primary evil doers and have cost him the big bucks. This should be interesting...

Live&Learn
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Just don't call him "Jones". ;)

Live&Learn
07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Furthermore, I have asked and will ask you again, why the HQ phone number for OCEANSIDE an unlisted number that is in La Jolla, CA and call forwarded to a suburb of Phoenix? What is the physical address of Oceanside?

Good question.

Soapboxmom
07-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Justin "Broker" Jones charming blog (http://www.thebloghub.com/pages/Diary-of-a-Network-Marketer) has been pulled down. Isn't that a surprise. Now, he will have to find yet another forum for his delusional ranting! He can come over here and I will sticky it just for him.

When are you going to substantiate these claims and tell us who the perpetrator is, Broker?
My wife and daughters (ages 6 and 2) have received threats of RAPE....Death......and other sadistic crap. I have received emails from people with IP addresses that match up with some of the posters at scam.com saying things like "we can't wait until you're in jail Broker so we can go take care of your wife and daughters and send pictures to you."

What have I posted that you are objecting too? Have you actually gone to the authorities and filed official complaints?

Soapboxmom

GlimDropper
08-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for posting that link Doc, I'm not a regular reader of MLM.com so would have missed it otherwise. Broker has an almost Clements like ability to cherry pick questions to respond to, while avoiding answering the inconvenient ones and then claiming to have addressed all the issues. I loved his attempt to cover for Len regarding where he got IP and e-mail addys as well, I'm glad the good folks over there are adding to the list of questions Broker Jones will never answer honestly.

As to the lawsuits, they'll never happen for the reasons littleroundman mentions. If you sue someone for defamation you at a minimum need to prove what they said about you isn't true, Broker and all his ponzi promoting pals understand that all too well but they also know that the gullible are easily impressed by boastful displays and the gullible are in fact their target market. His talk of lawsuits aren't really threats, they're advertising, anyone stupid enough to take them seriously just might likewise be stupid enough to invest in Oceanside Forex. Oh the synergies and strategies of internet advertising.

wserra
08-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I wonder what the laws are regarding obtaining ISP addys and then people's personal info without a court order are? He had to have gotten them from Lenny, the asshole. Sounds to me from reading the MLM forum and his crazy rants that he is opening himself up to a nice law suit for slander and libel and certainly for obtaining those ISP addys illegally. I bet Wssera would have an opinion regarding this.

The guy's such a know-it-all, he probably has an opinion about just about everything.

The Violence Against Women Act contains the only federal anti-cyberstalking law which does not require actual threats of violence, and that only applies in the context of, well, violence against women. Other than that, it is a matter for state law. While a number of states have enacted anti-cyberstalking laws, those of which I am aware require threats of violence. In the absence of something more - such as a plot to raid people's bank accounts or homes using the information - I am unaware of any law which criminalizes the release of personal information about posters to bulletin boards. It may violate a TOS here or there, but that isn't law.

Assuming - which, of course, I don't know - that a certain scam.com admin gave Jones the information, that may not even be actionable civilly. I would need to see the terms under which someone signs up with them. If those terms don't specifically say that the information a poster supplies will be kept confidential, what legitimate expectation of privacy do you have? Why do most folks use throwaway emails? Doesn't that indicate you don't expect privacy?

Moreover, what damages do you have? Whatever he blathers, Jones isn't going to sue anybody. Like most in his (ahem) "profession", he'd rather pull his own head off than answer questions under oath. I'm not going to dig up the posts on mlm.com, but a defamation suit opens up both one's life and one's finances to detailed examination. Not gonna happen. If it doesn't, what are your damages? Even if he does sue, defamation isn't protected speech. If the speech isn't protected, what is the right to privacy?

Conclusion: a scummy thing to do, but likely nothing more unless Jones flips out and threatens (or, of course, commits) acts of violence.

Unsaved Trash
08-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Assuming - which, of course, I don't know - that a certain scam.com admin gave Jones the information, that may not even be actionable civilly. I would need to see the terms under which someone signs up with them. If those terms don't specifically say that the information a poster supplies will be kept confidential, what legitimate expectation of privacy do you have? Why do most folks use throwaway emails? Doesn't that indicate you don't expect privacy?

Thanks for the legal info, Wes. Here are the rules when you register at scam.com.

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of scams will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of scams, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of scams reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I have read, and agree to abide by the scams rules.

The only mention of privacy is here:

Can I send email to other members?

Yes! To send an email to another member, you can either locate the member you want to contact on the member list, or click the button on any post made by that member.

This will usually open a page that contains a form where you can enter your message. When you have finished typing your message, press the [send email] button and your message will be sent instantly. Note that for privacy reasons, the email address of the recipient is not revealed to you during this process.

Note that if you can not find an email button or link for a member, it either means that the administrator has disabled email functions for this forum, or that the member in question has specified that they do not wish to receive email from other members of the forum.

Another useful email function is the ability to send a friend a link to a thread you think they may find interesting. Whenever you view a thread, you will find a link somewhere on the page which will allow you to send a brief message to anyone you like. Your referrerid is added to the link you send, so if your friend registers on this forum as a result of viewing the link you sent to them, your referrals total will automatically be credited!

Registered members may also be able to send messages to other members of this forum using the private messaging system. For more information about private messaging, click here.

wserra
08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the legal info, Wes. Here are the rules when you register at scam.com.

So the only reference to privacy is that you won't see the addy when emailing another member.

Like I said, a scummy thing to do, but likely not actionable (even if one could prove who did it).