PDA

View Full Version : Secure Assets HYIP or HYIP?

ribshaw
05-04-2013, 09:38 AM
There is something I found interesting about this in that they are using a long established website to launch their program. Anyone have any thoughts?

https://secureassets.com/index.php

Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | check is a website s |check website is fake or a scam (http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/secureassets.com)

littleroundman
05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2536/startcv.jpg

When a HYIP ponzi fraud is offering to pay from 2.2% to 2.8% per DAY, it really doesn't matter how old the domain is.

Zeek Rewards was only offering 1% per day and it was running out of money before it was busted.

Only desperadoes for this one, I'm afraid

ribshaw
05-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Do you know if the domain/admin was involved in a prior HYIP, on the self for a while, or suddenly a good business gone bad? A long history and a Manhattan address that I am sure is a mail drop does give it an air of legitimacy to the general public trying to do their usual due diligence.

Mundorf
05-06-2013, 06:27 AM
I found something that seems quite legal and real .However after reading whole staff I was not able to understand what in fact they do - Startseite (http://www.protected-nm.com) The company is located in Austria but you can read on english if you click choose the language in upright corner.It seems they sell gold but I am not sure.They take investments starting from 25 Euro (30$) a month.It might be first red fleg.Can someone give opinion on this one?

ribshaw
05-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I found something that seems quite legal and real .However after reading whole staff I was not able to understand what in fact they do - Startseite (http://www.protected-nm.com) The company is located in Austria but you can read on english if you click choose the language in upright corner.It seems they sell gold but I am not sure.They take investments starting from 25 Euro (30$) a month.It might be first red fleg.Can someone give opinion on this one?

I think your nose is right on the red flag. I checked out the website and it really does not say much about who they are or what they do. I checked out Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | check is a website s |check website is fake or a scam (http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/protected-nm.com) and there are a few red flags to be sure.

Canada has long been used as a country of origin for gold and mining scams. Google Bre-x gold scandal for some fun twists and turns.

And then the "probable" website origin is not really clear nor is ownership.

The most frequent "scam" I see with gold are the excessive mark-ups when you buy and the mark-downs when you sell. We have a bunch of companies that advertise on the radio in the States that do this very thing. Second to that is where they say they are buying gold and storing it, but do no such thing. Or they buy it and sell it to multiple people, borrow against it or any variation you can come up with.

If I was going to by coins or small bars I would only deal with a reputable local dealer and compare prices. And unless I really knew about coins (which I don't) I would stick to those that are being sold closer to actual metal value than their premium as a "collectible". Some people I have chatted with insist on having gold in hand.

For bigger amounts an investment bank that is insured against fraud and theft would be the place to turn. Gold storage is somewhat expensive and it still needs to be periodically audited to make sure you actually have gold and not tungsten. This is what some of the big money does, which is why I think your comment about the $30 is spot on as a red flag.

For most an account with a brokerage that is SIPC insured in states (I do not know equivalent overseas) is the safest way to go. This does not protect you from market losses, but does protect you from broker fraud. You can buy and sell gold very close to its current trading price with any of several exchange traded products issued by investment banks and/or backed by regulated exchanges. This takes care of storage, insurance, audits and gives you a ready market when it is time to sell.

If it were my money I would stay away from the group listed above. And I am not saying to buy or not buy gold, just my observations on the ways to avoid some of the gold scams that have popped up over the years.

Mundorf
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Egzactly !To get gold from who knows where is a risk as avarage person can not estimate what is real content of the "gold"..in fact I did not want to be part of it even if they would have all green flags but it caught my inenttion how solid image scam can create .I felt something was wrong when I couldn't get the whole picture after reading all several times.Thanks for your help !

NikSam
05-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Most HYIPs who show registration in New York in fact have no connection to the company they claimed.
The registration record is just carefully picked in advance from the state registry, a potential candidate should not have any online presence or public information available about the company.

This trick was used multiple times before, from latest HYIPs who used the same trick i can recall AVO.

Still anyone welcome to complain to:

NEW YORK
Office of the Attorney General
Investor Protection & Securities Bureau
120 Broadway 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10271
Phone/Fax: (212) 416-8222 // (212) 416-8816
Email: FOIL@ag.ny.gov
Website: Investor Protection Bureau | Eric T. Schneiderman (http://www.ag.ny.gov/bureau/investor-protection-bureau)

Will get an investigation started

ribshaw
05-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks Niksam do you have anything in your bag of tricks that would show what this site was previously used for? I did a little research on FINRA and for Secure Assets and could not come up with anything I felt was related. My thought was maybe this was a real business that had been shut down and they hijacked the name. Sort of like Biwako.

As a funny aside, the person who posted this had sent a friend request on Facebook and then started sharing a few of these "deals" on my wall. Nice me I shared some scam stuff on their wall hoping to be so annoying I would be unfriended. I actually got something that is happening more frequently a PM asking me about investments that are legitimate. A few of these folks have even gone back and deleted their posts after we talked. They appear to be people in poorer areas looking to rise up. In this case, he/she got kicked off of Facebook for being a spammer. Can't win them all. :RpS_thumbsup:

NikSam
05-06-2013, 12:49 PM
The secureassets.com was parked for it's entire history

since 2004-01-15 upto 2013-02-08 was owned by RareNames / Buydomains.com reseller
after that the current owner: Secure Assets, INC. David Cooper who is a fake person

ribshaw
05-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I would ask in private to pretend to be smarter than I am, but can you tell who you did that? I think it would be a very useful tool for others reading this in evaluating an opportunity that appears to be using this ruse.

NikSam
05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
get a profesional subscription on domaintools.
whois history, ip history,historic site screenshots, all the perks for $49.95/mo

NikSam
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
After looking deeply into this one i am now sure it was setup by the admin of scammed AVO :)

littleroundman
05-06-2013, 05:14 PM
I would ask in private to pretend to be smarter than I am, but can you tell who you did that? I think it would be a very useful tool for others reading this in evaluating an opportunity that appears to be using this ruse.

It's one of the oldest tricks in the HYIP ponzi fraudsters' book.

Register a domain, park it for 3 or 4 years while it builds up a "history" then tell the world "we have been in business for 3 or 4 years"

ribshaw
05-06-2013, 05:38 PM
It's one of the oldest tricks in the HYIP ponzi fraudsters' book.

Register a domain, park it for 3 or 4 years while it builds up a "history" then tell the world "we have been in business for 3 or 4 years"

This was the first I saw this, it is actually a pretty good trick. Sort of like setting up a Big Store in the old long cons to make people think you are a real business.

NikSam
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
the domain was bought from Buydomains.com somewhere in February (thats what that service does),
the scammer never owned it before that.

littleroundman
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
This was the first I saw this, it is actually a pretty good trick. Sort of like setting up a Big Store in the old long cons to make people think you are a real business.

I've seen 20 domains owned by the same serial HYIP ponzi fraud "admin" parked accumulating credibility and ready to be fed out onto the "usual suspect" forums when they are required.

wserra
05-06-2013, 06:47 PM
A little quick checking turned up something interesting about these guys. Take a look at their site (https://secureassets.com/#). Leave the tab open, then go to this page on the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org/web/20091230235224/https://infinitiva.com/). Look familiar?

Compare some other pages on each site. For example, each has an "affiliate program". Now, that in itself is pretty funny - a distinguished group "of professional traders and bankers that specialize in stocks, bonds, currencies, and mutual funds" running their business as an MLM. Y'know, something like Goldman Sachs turning into overstock.com. Anyway, from the Secure Assets "Affiliate Program" tab:
You can promote Secure Assets by placing our banners or text ads on your website, blog or you can simply put the affiliate link in message, forum signatures, email signatures, promoting to your friends, family members or co-workers. If the right visitor clicks on the banner or text ad, opens a new Secure Assets account and subsequently makes an investment, you will be eligible for a 6% commission from this investment.

It is not necessary to have an investment at Secure Assets in order to participate in our Affiliate Program. Any additional investment made by your affiliate will generate further 6% commission. Commission are credited to your Secure Assets account balance instantly, with no complexities or delays. Also you can log into your account at any time to check how much commission you have earned
Your affiliate link

The personal affiliate link has the following format:
https://secureassets.com/?u=username

Secure Assets Banner Ads

You are welcome to use our Promotional Materials in your website for promoting Secure Assets and earning revenue.

And, from the Infinitiva "Affiliate Program" tab:
You can promote Infinitiva by placing our banners or text ads on your website, blog or you can simply put the affiliate link in message forum signatures, email signatures, promoting to your friends, family members or co-workers. If the right visitor clicks on the banner or text ad, opens a new Infinitiva account and subsequently makes an investment, you will be eligible for a 5% commission from this investment. Any additional investment made by your affiliate will generate further 5% commission. Commission are credited to your Infinitiva account balance instantly, with no complexities or delays.

Note, it is not necessary to have an investment at Infinitiva in order to participate in our Affiliate Program.

Your affiliate link

The personal affiliate link has the following format:
http://infinitiva.com/USER_ID

Infinitiva Banner Ads

You are welcome to use our Promotional Material in your website for promoting Infinitiva and earning revenue.Does this look familiar as well? Some groyse chochem said, "We'll move a single sentence three lines down. And, since we're not gonna be around long enough to matter, we'll promise 'em 6% instead of 5%. Anybody dumb enough to send us any money won't notice."

And yes, Infinitiva had a New York City telephone number - and an address in Belize City. Where do you think "Secure Assets" really is?

I do have a question for obviously well-meaning folks on this board: why do you bother to ask? None of these are real.

NikSam
05-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Yea, add AVO to it

Our Affiliate Program is a great way for you to make money by referring clients. You can promote AVO INC by placing our banners or text ads on your website, or blog… or you can simply put our affiliate link in messages, forum signatures and email signatures, and promote us to your friends, family and co-workers. If a visitor clicks on the banner or text ad, opens a new AVO account and subsequently makes an investment, you will be eligible for a commission from this investment and any further investments made by the referral.

AVO INC (http://web.archive.org/web/20121006050136/https://avo.net/affiliate_program)

:)

Other points i remember from AVO:
* same custom HYIP script
* Also using prolexic.com antiddos tunnel (very rare in HYIPs) as AVO did
* Uses a prepay NY cell phone number as AVO did
* Video promo on the site as AVO had
* bunch of pointless trust seals same as AVO
* Also registered reserved domain names as AVO did in case one gets terminated by registrar (check whois on SecureAssets.biz)

ribshaw
05-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I do have a question for obviously well-meaning folks on this board: why do you bother to ask? None of these are real.

One of these might just be the real deal Mr. Naysayer.((!)) Speaking for myself I would say it is twofold the first is a real interest in scams and frauds that goes back a ways. And the cyber webs have opened up a whole new world of scammy stuff to poke around in.

Second is people actually piss money away on these things, not talking about the piggies with $50, but folks with real money who might actually think these are genius traders. And in this case the website was not a dead give away that you were dealing with a ghost. Now anyone taking the time to come here and reading what was written above, able to understand 1/2 of it, and still putting money in deserves to lose every penny. If everything is just called a scam and left at 2 posts then were is the credibility?

NikSam
05-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Apparently someone did not get what i said :)

The scammer only got this domain on Jan 31
about same time he registered initially secureassets.biz (Jan 29)

Domain Name: SECUREASSETS.BIZ
Domain ID: D53032732-BIZ
Sponsoring Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 471
Registrar URL (registration services): www.bizcn.com
Domain Status: ok
Registrant ID: ORGDC59455308812
Registrant Name: David Cooper
Registrant Organization: Secure Assets, INC.
Registrant Address1: 535 Madison Ave
Registrant City: New York
Registrant State/Province: NY
Registrant Postal Code: 10022
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +86.6465069535
Registrant Facsimile Number: +86.6465069535
Registrant Email: info@secureassets.com
Administrative Contact ID: ORGDC59455309775
Administrative Contact Name: David Cooper
Administrative Contact Organization: David Cooper
Administrative Contact Address1: 535 Madison Ave
Administrative Contact City: New York
Administrative Contact State/Province: NY
Administrative Contact Postal Code: 10022
Administrative Contact Country: United States
Administrative Contact Country Code: US
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +86.6465069535
Administrative Contact Facsimile Number: +86.6465069535
Administrative Contact Email: info@secureassets.com
Billing Contact ID: ORGDC59455311696
Billing Contact Name: David Cooper
Billing Contact Organization: David Cooper
Billing Contact Address1: 535 Madison Ave
Billing Contact City: New York
Billing Contact State/Province: NY
Billing Contact Postal Code: 10022
Billing Contact Country: United States
Billing Contact Country Code: US
Billing Contact Phone Number: +86.6465069535
Billing Contact Facsimile Number: +86.6465069535
Billing Contact Email: info@secureassets.com
Technical Contact ID: ORGDC59455310779
Technical Contact Name: David Cooper
Technical Contact Organization: David Cooper
Technical Contact Address1: 535 Madison Ave
Technical Contact City: New York
Technical Contact State/Province: NY
Technical Contact Postal Code: 10022
Technical Contact Country: United States
Technical Contact Country Code: US
Technical Contact Phone Number: +86.6465069535
Technical Contact Facsimile Number: +86.6465069535
Technical Contact Email: info@secureassets.com
Name Server: ISLA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: PAUL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Created by Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Last Updated by Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Domain Registration Date: Tue Jan 29 10:28:35 GMT 2013
Domain Expiration Date: Wed Jan 28 23:59:59 GMT 2015
Domain Last Updated Date: Mon Apr 08 17:16:21 GMT 2013

here is first recorded whois from 2005-11-23 shows that domain is owned by rarenames (ex name of BuyDomains.com):

Here is how whois looked just before the switch of ownership on Jan 10 2010:

for all this time it was owned by BuyDomains.com

and here is whois as it first recorded on 2013-02-08:

Will anyone still insist that the scammer owned the domain for years ? or i have to go deeper into explanation what the BuyDomains.com is ?

NikSam
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Here is his reserved domains i found so far, it is exact tactic of AVO admin - register multiple names so if one gets shut down by registrar he can switch right away to another, that actually happened with AVO in october.

SECUREASSETS.BIZ - registered on Jan 29
SECUREASSETS.US - registered on Jan 29
SECUREASSETS.ORG - registered on jan 29

laidback
05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Here is his reserved domains i found so far, it is exact tactic of AVO admin - register multiple names so if one gets shut down by registrar he can switch right away to another, that actually happened with AVO in october.

SECUREASSETS.BIZ - registered on Jan 29
SECUREASSETS.US - registered on Jan 29
SECUREASSETS.ORG - registered on jan 29

Good points, while not conclusive evidence of scam. Many legitimate concerns will register the various url extensions to assure that customers can find them no matter what they enter. One will be the main site with pointers from the other domains.

NikSam
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Good points, while not conclusive evidence of scam. Many legitimate concerns will register the various url extensions to assure that customers can find them no matter what they enter. One will be the main site with pointers from the other domains.

nope, those domains only started redirectin to SECUREASSETS.COM couple days ago.

Wha do you mean "not conclusive evidence of scam" :)

HYIP is HYIP - an illegaly operating ponzi scheme.
DID you see any licenses to offer and sell securities ? if you did, we can continue further into this SCAM.

So far SCAM ROI, SCAM script, SCAM admin, promoted as SCAMs are, Not their company registration, No licenses

laidback
05-06-2013, 10:16 PM
nope, those domains only started redirectin to SECUREASSETS.COM couple days ago.

Wha do you mean "not conclusive evidence of scam" :)

HYIP is HYIP - an illegaly operating ponzi scheme.
DID you see any licenses to offer and sell securities ? if you did, we can continue further into this SCAM.

So far SCAM ROI, SCAM script, SCAM admin, promoted as SCAMs are, Not their company registration, No licenses
My point is: registering multiple domains is not conclusive evidence of a scam. ( I have about 20 domains registered at two different registrars.) When coupled with other evidence,however, ( no licenses, no physical location, form and function of the purported "program") the picture is much more clear.

NikSam
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
That alone was not meant to be an evidence of scam,
rather as one of the things that same admin does.

how many other HYIPs you know who get multiple domains instead of one?

its one of the rare things in HYIP sites.

I know another small detail that it is the same admin, which i cannot post here, he might be watching:)
I prefer him to continue making same mistake over and over :)

laidback
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
That alone was not meant to be an evidence of scam,
rather as one of the things that same admin does.

how many other HYIPs you know who get multiple domains instead of one?

its one of the rare things in HYIP sites.

I know another small detail that it is the same admin, which i cannot post here, he might be watching:)
I prefer him to continue making same mistake over and over :)
Aha, you are talking about "fingerprints"...got it... ;->

littleroundman
05-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Aha, you are talking about "fingerprints"...got it... ;->

There will never be absolute "proof" a HYIP is fraudulent unless it is busted and someone gets inside the books and has a look.

There will, however, usually be many "clues" of the sort NikSam has pointed out.

Smart readers will take notice of the "clues" while HYIP ponzi pimps, shills and get-rich-quickers will always argue there is no "PROOF"

It's funny though, since REALSCAM.com (http://www.realscam.com) began, we have a perfect record of reading the "clues" and the pimps and shills have yet to have a win.

Fat City, LA
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
There will never be absolute "proof" a HYIP is fraudulent unless it is busted and someone gets inside the books and has a look.

There will, however, usually be many "clues" of the sort NikSam has pointed out.

Smart readers will take notice of the "clues" while HYIP ponzi pimps, shills and get-rich-quickers will always argue there is no "PROOF"

It's funny though, since REALSCAM.com (http://www.realscam.com) began, we have a perfect record of reading the "clues" and the pimps and shills have yet to have a win.

Good post.
Real internet opps involve work, products and never, ever pay 1% and up a day. $100 a month is a success in real internet bz.
When I say real=domain names, Google ads, auto responders. etc.

If its in the hyip monitors=stay away.