PDA

View Full Version : MARCH 16, 2013: Outage At PP Blog

PPBlog
03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Some of you have contacted me via PM or email about the outage at the PP Blog.

Here's what I can say:

** It appears to have begun sometime after 3:13 a.m. EDT today.
** It has affected the Blog's ability to publish and to serve certain pages.
** The Blog currently is online, but is not nearly fully functional.
** The Contact form is not working.
** The Comments function is not working.
** The archives are largely inaccessible.
** The Blog has been experiencing unusual traffic patterns and unusual volume, but the triggering event is unclear at this time.
** The timeline for regaining full functionality is unclear.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

PPBlog

littleroundman
03-16-2013, 11:12 PM
You will continue to to tempt fate and annoy the HYIP Gods by telling the truth, won't you Patrick ??

Unfortunately it seems in this modern era, telling the truth is a crime in some quarters.

scratchycat
03-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Some of you have contacted me via PM or email about the outage at the PP Blog.

Here's what I can say:

** It appears to have begun sometime after 3:13 a.m. EDT today.
** It has affected the Blog's ability to publish and to serve certain pages.
** The Blog currently is online, but is not nearly fully functional.
** The Contact form is not working.
** The Comments function is not working.
** The archives are largely inaccessible.
** The Blog has been experiencing unusual traffic patterns and unusual volume, but the triggering event is unclear at this time.
** The timeline for regaining full functionality is unclear.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

PPBlog

This is disturbing and I hope you can get things cleared up soon. There must be some happy crooks out there until you get back going for them.

Looks like the site is okay right now.

ribshaw
03-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Have followed your thread since Wayde McKelvey and Mantria, like it a lot. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

PPBlog
03-17-2013, 09:01 AM
This is disturbing and I hope you can get things cleared up soon. There must be some happy crooks out there until you get back going for them.

Looks like the site is okay right now.

Wish this were so, scratchycat. But certain key functions still are down.

Thanks for your note.

PPBlog

PPBlog
03-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Have followed your thread since Wayde McKelvey and Mantria, like it a lot. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Ah, yes. Mantria and McKelvy and Wragg and Knorr. It was a "green" Ponzi scheme that traded on the names of President Clinton, other politicians and well-known business executives. And there were myriad interconnected companies.

Thanks for your note.

PPBlog

PPBlog
03-17-2013, 09:28 AM
You will continue to to tempt fate and annoy the HYIP Gods by telling the truth, won't you Patrick ??

Unfortunately it seems in this modern era, telling the truth is a crime in some quarters.

I keep returning to something a reader said a few years ago. To paraphrase: If a Ponzi schemer suffers a severed limb during battle, the defenders will describe it as merely a flesh wound.

Of course, the narrative changes over time to accommodate an increasingly unpleasant fact set. That's how Andy Bowdoin's lawyers -- once positioned as "Perry Mason" by the cheerleaders -- later were dismissed as "Gomer Pyle."

The Comments thread below this story at the Press-Enterprise is instructive:

REAL ESTATE: Profitable Sunrise followers criticize Internet shutdown : Real Estate (http://blog.pe.com/real-estate/2013/03/15/real-estate-profitable-sunrise-followers-criticize-internet-shutdown/)

The Comments follow the general narrative of both the ASD and Zeek stories.

PPBlog

Soapboxmom
03-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Patrick,

Your blog is the piece de resistance. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Soapboxmom

PPBlog
03-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Much appreciated, SBM. Thank you.

PPBlog

littleroundman
03-17-2013, 11:26 PM
From downunder, I have been getting the "Error establishing a database connection" message intermittently for the past 24 hours or so.

PPBlog
03-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Still trying to get it resolved, LRM.

Patrick

scratchycat
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I am still able to pull up the site and clicks links on there. Not sure why or how but it works for me. Thought I would add that and maybe it will give some clues.

Whip
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I am still able to pull up the site and clicks links on there. Not sure why or how but it works for me. Thought I would add that and maybe it will give some clues.

It's the stealth kitty protocol

Marley
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I was getting the database connection error on Friday afternoon, 3/15.

PPBlog
03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I was getting the database connection error on Friday afternoon, 3/15.

That could be, Marley. It was in full bore after 3:13 a.m. Saturday, though.

PPBlog

scratchycat
03-18-2013, 01:21 PM
It's the stealth kitty protocol

:RpS_smile: What else can it be!!?? My cache? I have refreshed the page several times and got to it through different links.

Don't want to get in trouble for copying your website, Patrick, but this is what I get.

PPBlog
03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
scratchycat,

Some parts of the site are accessible, some are not. Almost all of the archives are inaccessible. You might see the headlines for a story in the archives or cloudtag, but the site is serving database errors when the links are clicked. Links within stories also are generating database errors.

PPBlog

scratchycat
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
scratchycat,

Some parts of the site are accessible, some are not. Almost all of the archives are inaccessible. You might see the headlines for a story in the archives or cloudtag, but the site is serving database errors when the links are clicked. Links within stories also are generating database errors.

PPBlog

Okay, thanks for explaining and I do hope the geeks get this straightened out soon!

Whip
03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
:RpS_smile: What else can it be!!?? My cache? I have refreshed the page several times and got to it through different links.

possible if you are paying him enough.

PPBlog
03-18-2013, 07:23 PM
The PP Blog appears to be back at full functionality. Not sure if there will be any lingering problems, but I did a quick check and the database issues appear to have been resolved.

The event does not appear to have been caused by external sources, based on the diagnosis by the engineer.

Very much appreciated the notes from readers.

Thank you.

PPBlog

GlimDropper
03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Very glad to hear, and because for reasons he hasn't articulated Mr. Pretty has never put a link to his exceptional blog in his sig here allow to provide that link to anyone who have never had the pleasure of visiting it. (http://www.patrickpretty.com/)

scratchycat
03-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Very happy to know it is back up and running!!!

PPBlog (http://www.patrickpretty.com/)

P.S. ( I have a link to the blog on my website, along with some others.)

path2prosperity
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I am delighted to see you back online Patrick.

You never cease to amaze me. Other well known journalists who investigate some of these stories like Tony Hetherington have all the money and rescources of a large newspaper behind them but you have achieved a similar status with the aid of a few people who have made donations to help you on your way!

Keep up the good work for as long as you are able to cope in such a hostile environment.