PDA

View Full Version : Yoli?

dreamstopper
03-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Hello...I was wondering why no one discusses YOLI on this forum any more. Actually there is not much news on any other MLM forums either. It seems strange that no one has anything to say, I heard they are having massive growth and much success. Just curious why no buzz...

scratchycat
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Sounds like your regular MLM to me. Selling snake oil to improve 'health' and bank accounts.

Home Business Review: Is The Yoli Better Body System A Scam?

Our goal is to tell you the good and bad to you can make a more informed decision about Yoli and their Better Body System

You most likely found this page because you are doing your research on Yoli and their Better Body System to see if this is a scam or if it is legit. This page is for you. There is so much confusing information online including a ton of weight loss scams that I felt it important to post my personal review of the Yoli better body system, its company and their products that is a result of a LOT of research and diligence.

Full Disclosure: After significant research and watching Yoli the better body company grow and evolve, I made the decision to take advantage of their products and market their company.

That being said, there are good and bad aspects to every choice one makes and I will outline the positive and negative aspects of Yoli and their Better Body System.

I will apologize in advance. I am more than a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to my research and you may find more detail and cross-referenced links in here than you ever wanted to know. I dont like jumping into anything without doing my homework first and my guess is you don’t either. Hopefully my efforts will help you make an informed decision. If you see any detail here that raises an eyebrow, please contact me and let me know if I missed something. If you are truly wondering if the Yoli Better Body system is a scam, this article should help.

Home Business Review: Is The Yoli Better Body System A Scam (http://chriskavas.com/home-business-review-is-the-yoli-better-body-system-a-scam/)

I never trust these reviews...

Actually a search in MMG puts this program here:

This section houses closed, inactive, and offline programs.

Closed programs are programs whose administrators have officially announced the end to their programs.

Inactive programs are programs whose thread on MMG has not had a single post for a period of 4+ weeks.

Offline programs are programs whose websites have been down for a minimum of 7 days.

Yoli Blast Caps - Blastcappowerline.com (http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Yoli-Blast-Caps-Blastca-t306747.html&hl=Yoli)

So have they revived a dead one and just call it Yoli now??

Found a blog on it:

Yoli (http://www.yoli.com/blog/)

Needs more looking in to it seems...

scratchycat
03-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Hello...I was wondering why no one discusses YOLI on this forum any more. Actually there is not much news on any other MLM forums either. It seems strange that no one has anything to say, I heard they are having massive growth and much success. Just curious why no buzz...

So let's start some, what info do you have??!!

ribshaw
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
My basic observation with most of the MLMs that I see is you have to recruit an awful lot to make any real money. Yick. :pao:
Then you have to keep the ones you do recruit motivated and out recruiting and filling their garages with product (garage qualified I think its called). Double Yick.:pao::pao:

The MLM products always seem more expensive than you could yet elsewhere. I know concentrated, better quality, the best nutrients in the world, blah blah blah.

I found one seller on Ebay with a lose 7-15 in 1 Week with the Yoli better body system weight loss program, 10 are available for sale at $340, with "0" sold.

7 bottles of Yoli Alkalete Weight Loss PH balance Electrolyte Capsule Alkaline Pill ( I lost 3 lbs just typing that) that had 19 bids and sold for $212.50. Ad says they normally sell for $35 per plus S&H.

Here is a link from EBAY of completed listings from the search of YOLI, a few other items appear.

yoli | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=completed+listings&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=yoli&_sacat=0)

Not exactly moving like hotcakes but certainly a few of the products mostly the pills seem to be selling.

I then did a quick search of completed items from Herbalife because I assume they have been around longer. The completed items list for YOLI including non related items fit on one page at 200 items per page. The Herbalife search at 200 items per page had 19 pages I could see and I quit toggling forward to see the actual count.

herbalife | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=herbalife&_ipg=200&rt=nc)

So unless you are an EBAY auction master I don't see how anyone could compete on anything other than price, and as more and more garage qualified participants start dumping their goods on the market the price will go down and down while the listings will go up and up. This is exactly what happened with Herbalife based on page count alone.

If you are good at recruiting and good at selling a high priced product in a commodity market then I suppose you will do well. But then I would say if you can do that, you would do well in any sales capacity, and probably with less aggravation. And quality does not matter as affiliates and MORE IMPORTANTLY CONSUMERS are willing to turn to an auction market.

I suspect for most people they would have just as much, if any success buying a commodity like Ginsu knives and going straight to Ebay to compete.

Gregg
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
So let's start some, what info do you have??!!

Looks to me like the REAL information he wants to get out is his referral link

dreamstopper
03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
I have done more research than any normal person would do. No matter how you search or where you search, you will have a hard time finding any negative information about the company or the products. Is it possible that this is the real deal, that the products are amazing, that the company is on the way to becoming a giant in the industry and that an average person can expect to grow a successful business? An internet search would lead one to believe so.
There is very little discussion, articles, blogs, reviews or anything regarding the company or the products from the early part of 2011 until the company launched the Better Body System in October 2011. The internet was then suddenly bombarded with massive marketing, success stories and reviews. The company experienced mass growth and new distribution. Distributors advanced rapidly in the ranks and this rapid advancement has continued consistently ever since, with distributor stories of instant success, sudden wealth, BMWs and unbelievable opportunity.
I just find this strange. Is this a realistic opportunity for an average person who now wants a piece of the YOLI pie, or is this what “getting in at the right time” is all about. If distributors who were part of the company before the launch knew what was coming and strategically planned for their success well in advance, is this a scam?
I am not here to judge anyone, not the company, the products, the success of the distributors, or anyone who wants to participate. I am also not implying that success is limited to those who already have it, although the guarantee of success is certainly more appealing than the possibility of it.
Is this a legitimate MLM opportunity? Is there such a thing as a legitimate MLM opportunity? Are MLMs all set up with the success of a few dependent on the illusion of success and ultimate failure of the many? If the company has great products, and I believe they do, is the opportunity for success available to everyone? I don’t know, and I don’t really even have an opinion. I am on the fence and searching for the truth, not here looking for a YOLI bashing fest, just information:)

ribshaw
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
I don’t know, and I don’t really even have an opinion. I am on the fence and searching for the truth, not here looking for a YOLI bashing fest, just information:)

First I am going to have to call BS, and I think Gregg is right you are looking to promote this "opportunity". Second, did you read a single thing I posted and further would you like to discuss it in any fashion pro or con?

Finally, this came to me while I was out, but I had read a book a few years ago, All That Glitters Is Not God : Breaking Free from the Sweet Deceit of Multi-Level Marketing: Athena Dean: 9781579211349: Amazon.com: Books (http://www.amazon.com/All-That-Glitters-Not-God/dp/1579211348/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363224972&sr=1-1&keywords=athena+dean). And I think she has a chapter or two about marketing a product that turned out to be dangerous to the consumer. This would concern me if I were marketing pills, or really any weight loss product. What is your personal liability as a distributor? How much risk is the company putting on you since you are acting as an IBO and not an EMPLOYEE? There is a huge degree of difference between the two structures. If you end up flat broke then no worries either way. If you end up successful and a problem later arises, watch out.

Personally, I would never take undertake a business where I could not transfer a good portion of my personal liability via insurance and a corporation.

Ok now lets have three more run on paragraphs about getting in on the ground floor, and BMWs. Please Please.

dreamstopper
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Holy crap, are you talking to me, and what are you talking about?? I am not trying to promote anything and I didn’t post any referral links. I don’t even know anything about MLMs. I came here with an open mind looking for information and opinions, and that is all. Yes, I read everything you said and I had already done an eBay search myself. If you think I have an ulterior motive, what do you think it is? Wow…

dreamstopper
03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Also, I don't think Gregg was referring to me, as I didn't post a referral link. I think he was referring to the opportunity links in the Yoli reviews that scratchycat posted. Let's ask Gregg, to be sure...

littleroundman
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM

Hiya, dreamstopper and welcome to REALSCAM.com (http://www.realscam.com)

As you've already realized, Yoli was extensively discussed on REALSCAM.com (http://www.realscam.com) in THIS (http://www.realscam.com/f9/yoli-about-over-59/) thread back in 2010.

At the time the discussions were mainly centered around Yolis' flagship product, the "Blast Cap" drink, which, as predicted, failed to capture anyones' imagination and became virtually irrelevant.

Yoli subsequently morphed into "just another" pseudo health related MLM among hundreds of thousands of similar MLM companies.

When you say "I heard they are having massive growth" what was your information source ???

Was it Yoli itself, a Yoli distributor or an independent source ??

Was any "massive growth" triggered by an increase in the sales of it's products or by an increase in the number of "get-rich-quick" recruiters jumping on the Yoli bandwagon ??

IM(very)HO, Yoli has failed to live up to its' (own) hype and is now just one of a squillion similar MLM "opportunities" on the 'net.

Ask yourself, what amount of Yoli "products" would YOU have to sell to make any sort of decent income ??

Forget about the recruitment, how do YOU feel about selling the product/s.

What would encourage YOU to become a customer of someone like you attempting to sell you Yoli product ???

How much would YOU expect to purchase at a time ???

How many "YOU" would a Yoli salesperson need to make a living ??

dreamstopper
03-14-2013, 01:00 AM
My information sources were:
MLM rankings sites based purely on public interest and internet popularity searches, and clearly showing growth in interest.
The company itself, which publicly reports 577% growth in the past 12 months, I am assuming that an increase in distributors would also result in an increase in products.
Internet and social networking sites, FB groups, publicly advertised training seminars, health and wellness clinic interest, health professional endorsements, apparent weight loss results and what seems to be general interest and satisfaction of the products used by the consumer, which is based ONLY on my research. I have no personal experience to share.
I could include the links to all this information, but I would likely be setting myself up for accusations of promoting an opportunity, so no thank you.
Maybe it’s all hype, maybe it’s a scam, I haven’t got a clue, and I am just an information seeker without an agenda.
I am a skeptic, have no personal experience with YOLI or any MLM, and have never had an interest in joining one. All other forums regarding the industry are for those who are in the industry, looking to get in the industry, or hoping to welcome you into the industry. I just came here to get another point of view and maybe learn some things that I am not aware of so that persons of interest to me do not get all caught up in the hype.
So…if anyone can provide me with useful information about the company, products or industry in general, or recommend links that lead to factual information, I welcome it. If not, I will go away as innocently, quickly and quietly as I came.

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Looks to me like the REAL information he wants to get out is his referral link

Beginning to look that way...

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Also, I don't think Gregg was referring to me, as I didn't post a referral link. I think he was referring to the opportunity links in the Yoli reviews that scratchycat posted. Let's ask Gregg, to be sure...

You asked for some discussion on this topic. Well, I started some but since I am not involved in any MLM or would never be again, there is no way it is my referral link. If you think you can make big money with any MLM, you better be ready to work 24/7 and learn to be a super salesperson. Just selling the product is not going to buy food much less pay the bills and you could probably visit your local health food store for products that would do the same as these claim they do. No, the money is made through recruiting, recruiting, etc.

If you still have questions about this company after reading the info here, then you best just go for it and find out on your own. However, remember we told you so! Their first attempt failed so now they have added more products and joined the rank as LRM put it - pseudo health related MLM among hundreds of thousands of similar MLM companies. Your massive growth statement is probably one of the raving reviews 'paid for' by companies like this. IMO

ribshaw
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
So…if anyone can provide me with useful information about the company, products or industry in general, or recommend links that lead to factual information, I welcome it. If not, I will go away as innocently, quickly and quietly as I came.

Dreamstopper, I will take you at your word that you are searching for a business opportunity and trying to do due diligence. And since mom says I can't come out of the basement until my attitude improves and/or I go full time at the pizza shop I happen to have a little extra time.

Right off the bat I will say that I don't think any MLM is a good business model for 95% of the people out there. On this particular deal, if i was looking at it for myself the personal liability is the biggest red flag. If you Google "Fen Fen" and "Hydroxycut " to name a few, ask yourself:
1. How would you feel if you sold something to somebody for years and then found out the product was defective?
2. If you can live with 1, what is your personal liability as an IBO?

So money aside, how comfortable are you that the product is safe, and based on what? And just to stay topical I ripped this from the headlines:

Kim Kardashian and her sisters waged a campaign of LIES when they claimed they got their rock hard bikini bodies from a diet pill called QuickTrim ... this according to a new $5 MILLION lawsuit.

Read more: Kim Kardashian & Sisters Sued for $5 Mil -- Your QuickTrim Diet Pills Are BOGUS!!!! | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/02/kim-kardashian-quicktrim-lawsuit/#ixzz2NWgQfvYm)
Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store (http://tmzstore.com)

Now surely she is a bigger target than most (bigger lot of things than most), but if you hit it big in this business what does your risk become? And even if the suit as 0 merit, I have found attorneys want to be paid in cash, and a lot of it.

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 10:00 AM
You are correct in the searches I have made that there are lots of places to buy the Yoli products and they even have a Facebook page. So far, I am not finding many negative reviews but did find this one on the Better Body System:

By Cathy222222 - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Yoli Better Body System 30 Day Transformation Kit [CHOCOLATE & VANILLA] {MAXIMUM WEIGHT LOSS} [Shakes, Passion Tropical Melon Thermogenic Energy, Alkalete & Pure] (Health and Beauty)
I cancelled my account and received 2 more shipments after that point. They would not let me return both boxes even though they were shipped after I cancelled the account. They said I didn't cancel the account, even though I did and even returned a box on the account when I cancelled.

Additionally, the shakes did not taste good. If you have to drink two a day, you want them to taste good, which is why I cancelled the account.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yoli Better Body System 30 Day Transformation Kit [CHOCOLATE & VANILLA] {MAXIMUM WEIGHT LOSS} [Shakes, Passion Tropical Melon Thermogenic Energy, Alkalete & Pure] (http://www.amazon.com/Yoli-Transformation-CHOCOLATE-Tropical-Thermogenic/product-reviews/B007LNVOWW/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1K2Z7E3GDZOO7)

Most of you in RS know of Troy Dooly, well he was sporting a Yoli T-shirt back in Dec. 2011. I have the link but refrain from posting it right now. Does that give anyone a clue?

ribshaw
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Great minds Scratchy, I went to Amazon last night and poked around. I find it ironic that two of the five star reviews from Supersexy and Superhotsexy or whatever where from people who made 1 and 2 review for for wait for it..... Yoli products. Must be great stuff to lead people to create an account just to write one review.

My other thought is if it is on Amazon, where is the advantage? Amazon is literally the first and usually the last place I go for any purchase. I like the reviews, the prices are usually the best I can find, they already have my credit card on file (why have it more than a few places these days) and the autoship is great. One heck of a competitor.

littleroundman
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
On a purely practical basis:

Why MLMs Never Release Their Financial Statements (http://www.realscam.com/f9/why-mlms-never-release-their-financial-statements-255/)

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Exactly Ribshaw!! I shop at Amazon and my sons use my affiliate link to buy from them. I am also a seller!! Actually, the link showed up on a MLM review site although they had no discussion going about Yoli. Sounds much like using EBay to sell the product, better than knocking on doors!! However there are so many weight loss programs out there, it is hard to keep up with them and as with Herbalife, people need to check with a medical professional before taking these 'medications' as they might interfere with whatever prescription drugs a person is already taking.

I am glad your Mom is keeping you in the basement, appreciate your interest and input here!! :RpS_smile:

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
On a purely practical basis:

Why MLMs Never Release Their Financial Statements (http://www.realscam.com/f9/why-mlms-never-release-their-financial-statements-255/)

Great discussion started by ALA, maybe he will return to give us more enlightenment.

Here is a red flag in my estimation:

Review- Yoli and the Better Body System for Quick and Easy Weight Loss | Scott Litle's Empower Network Blog (http://www.empowernetwork.com/scottlitle/review-yoli-and-the-better-body-system-for-quick-and-easy-weight-loss/)

The pictures at the bottom are quite familiar.

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I keep getting duplicate posts. Later folks!!

dreamstopper
03-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Seriously...what are the chances that someone trying to promote an MLM opportunity would call themselves "dreamstopper." Maybe I am just smarter than you think I am...

Soapboxmom
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Inside Network Marketing (http://www.insidenm.com/)
MLM Industry News, Education, Advocacy and Commentary.

“One of the best things about MLM is that your success is based on other people's efforts. One of the worst things about MLM is that your success is based on other people's efforts”.
– Len Clements, Founder & CEO of MarketWave, Inc.

"If you go through your MLM career with blinders on,
sooner or later you're going to get blindsided."
– Len Clements, Founder & CEO of MarketWave, Inc.

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/MarketWave-Logo-2-300x83.png
MarketWave, Inc. was created in 1990 to fill the growing need for accurate, objective research and analysis of the network marketing industry and its companies. As the founder and CEO of MarketWave, Inc. I have applied full time effort over the past 22 years into the study of various aspects on the MLM profession, with a primary focus on historical trends and patterns that have resulted in success, and failure, by both distributors and companies.
MarketWave originally launched as a “Consumer Report” type publication which studied and evaluated various MLM programs, eventually amassing over 14,000 paid subscribers in 16 countries. This newsletter evolved into a free “MLM Alerts” eLetter. I have also authored the nationally published book “Inside Network Marketing” (Random House), hosted a radio program (KSCO) and now a podcast show of the same name, and produced several audio training products as well.
As a successful distributor for three MLM opportunities (one of which I was the #1 earner for 8 of 10 years), and having served in senior management positions of three MLM companies (including CEO), I have gained the necessary knowledge and experience to be certified as an “expert” in the field of network marketing by a court of law. I have served as an expert witness in numerous cases primarily dealing with wrongful termination and the assessment of damages, as well as illegal pyramid cases.

Leonard W. Clements

1572 Rock Island Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89052

office: (702) 914-1771
cell: (702) 576-5676
fax: (702) 914-1770
email: MWave1@cox.net
http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/len_clements.jpg

Founder & CEO of MarketWave, Inc.
October 1990 – Present
Research, Advocacy, Education, and Consulting organization serving the Direct Sales industry.
Vice President of Market Research of Zenza Life Sciences, LLC
August 2005 – April 2008
A health, nutrition and personal care based network marketing company.
Co-Founder and CEO of Epic Network International, LLC
May 2004 – June, 2005
A health & nutrition based network marketing company.
Publisher and Editor of MarketWave Alert Letter
Industry “watchdog” newsletter focusing on MLM opportunity evaluation.
Published from January 1991 through December 1995 as MarketWave (12,500 subscribers).
Published from December 1998 to present as MarketWave Alert Letter (3,800 subscribers).
Author of Inside Network Marketing
Educational book (302 pages).
Originally self published June, 1994.
Published by Prima Publishing – May, 1995.
Published by Random House – April, 2001
Reacquired publishing rights – January, 2002
Host of Inside Network Marketing, a live call-in radio show
KSCO, 1080 am. January 2000 to February 2001.
Covered west/central California & streamed online.
Currently offered as a semi-monthly podcast.
Publisher of It’s Time – For Network Marketing
Educational/Promotional book (351 pages).

Self published – August, 2007.
Conducts Inside Network Marketing seminars
Four hour, generic, educational MLM presentation.
Over 150 presentations, from October 1990 to present.
United States, Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Japan and Russia.
Creator of Case Closed! The Whole Truth About Network Marketing
Generic, 30 minute recruiting cassette tape.
Writer, producer and speaker.
Creator of The Coming Network Marketing Boom
Generic, 40 minute promotional cassette tape.
Writer and speaker.
Creator of The Only Qualifying Question You’ll Ever Need
Generic, 30 minute educational cassette tape.
Writer, editor and speaker.
Network Marketing distributor
1979 to 1980: Nature Slim
1989 to 1990: Charles J. Givens Organization
1991 to 1992: Nu Skin International
1992 to 1993: Outback Secrets (#1 earner)
1994 to 1995: Beverly Hills International (#2 earner)
1995 to 2003: Longevity Network (#1 earner)
2008 to 2009: Usana Health Sciences
2009 to present: Yoli, LLC (not currently active)
Author of the MarketWave website (1994 – present)
Interviewed by:
Dateline (NBC)
The Wall Street Journal
Forbes Magazine
New York Times
Fox News (KTTV-LA)
The Associated Press
Los Angeles Business Journal
Bloomberg News
Topeka Journal, KS
TheStreet.com
Morning Call, PA
Black Entrepreneur Magazine
Income Opportunity Magazine
New Business Opportunities
Nutrition Business Journal
Upline Journal (industry trade journal)
Philadelphia Enquirer
Richard Poe (author of “Wave Three” books)
Aces Live Radio, BlogTalk Radio
WBMW, Boston, MA, “Business Today Show”
WXBY, Harrisburg, PA, “Bob Stafford Show”
WBAI, New York, NY, “You and Your Money”
KSCO, Santa Cruz, CA, “Saturday Special”
KIEV, Los Angeles, CA, “Trends & Solutions”
WKXL, Boston, MA, “Financial Spectrum”
KRCN, Longmont, CO, “Home Based Business Live”
KRCN, Longmont, CO, “Home Based Business Radio Show”
KJYO, Oklahoma City, OK, “Home Business Show”
WELW, Cleveland, OH, “Home-Based Business Show”
KLAV, Las Vegas, NV, “The Networking Show” Internet Radio,
WhiteSprings Media, “Home Based Business Show”
Appeared in “The Downline” (award winning independent film)
Corporate Consulting Clients:

Amway
Franklin Quest
Trump Network

Bethany College
Bear-Stearns
Bain & Co.

Versa Capital Management
Taconic Capital Advisors
Irving Place Capital

Arbonne
Third Point LLC
Hawkshaw Capital

Invus Group
Swander Pace Capital
Cooking With Monkey

FreeLife
Golden Gate Capital
Centerbridge Partners

Friedman Fleischer & Lowe
Magnetar Capital
Tiger Global

MXI Corporation
ZBS Radio Network
Bella Homes

Cell Tech
Heritage Health Products
Ecolend

Outback Secrets
MarketShare
AloeNique

NAPA, Inc.
Total Link Real
B.E.S.T.

New Vision
Vision Diamond Falcon
Meridian Wellness

The Coffee Baron
Lois Yee Cosmetics
Life Works

United Feelings (Finland)
Stimulife
Lancie’

Summertime (Mexico)
Monatau
Yoli, LLC

LifeIs (India)
Move My Net Worth
GameWorking

GRIIID (Brazil)
Thrive, LLC
LaBrada Systems

VidaYum (Canada)
Earthstone
Full Life (Nexagen)

Lucky Strike
Parago (Beget)
Wealth Masters

EMC, Inc. (Infinity Media)
Pure Now
AVAR Living

Longevity Network
Ocean Avenue
CoolTraderPro LLC

Magazines my articles have been featured in:

Network Marketing Business Journal
Opportunity Connection
Home Business

New Business Opportunities
MLM Insider
Upline Journal

Cutting Edge Opportunities
Jackpot Monthly
Income Opportunities

Network Times
MLM Solutions
Adventure Opportunities

The Network Marketing Magazine
Advantage Digest
Network Opportunities

Network Marketing Lifestyles
Money & Profits
The Network Trainer

Profit Now
MLM Today (Russia)
Home Business Advertiser

Awards, Honors and Distinctions:
“Best Corporate Consultant” Award – 2012, MLM Insider
“Best MLM Trainer” Honorable Mention – 2012, MLM Insider
“Power 50″ (Most influential) – #42, 2011, Direct Selling Live
“Best of the Best” Award Nomination – 2010, 2011, MLM International Association
“Top 5 Best Generic Trainers” – 2010 MLM Insider
“Best Article” – December, 2008, Network Marketing Business School
“52 Brightest Minds in Network Marketing” – 2007, TheGreatestNetworker.org
“Visionary Award” – Longevity Network
“Men of Distinction” – 1998, 99, 2000, International Network Marketing Directory
“Best MLM Author” – 1997 MLM Insider Magazine
“Best Compensation Plan Consultant” – 1996 MLM Insider Magazine
Two time “Student of the Month”, 4.0 GPA, Heald Business College (1984-1985)
Association Memberships:
Member – Mensa Society (http://www.mensa.org/) (155 IQ)
Board Member (2009-2012) - Association of Network Marketing Professionals (http://www.theanmp.org/)(ANMP)
[Chairman – Legal & Regulatory Affairs Committee]
Member - Direct Selling Woman’s Alliance (http://www.dswa.org/)(DSWA)
Board Member (2004-08) - Multilevel Marketing International Association (http://www.mlmia.com/)(MLMIA)
Member – National Association for the Self Employed (http://www.nase.org/) (NASE)
Member – Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (http://www.csicop.org/) (CSI)
Member – James Randi Educational Foundation (http://www.randi.org/) (JREF)
Previous Requests and Designations as Expert Witness:
Hugh Sinclair, et. al. vs. Equinox International; William (Bill) Gouldd et al.
Superior court of Washington. Case no. 95-2-00781-2.
Fraud, Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by William Brandt, Kim Hoyt; Ferder, Brandt & Cooper, L.L.P.
Defendant represented by Douglas Federspiel; Velikanje, Moore & Shore, Inc.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial. Gary Benton, et. al. vs. Equinox International; William (Bill) Gouldd, et. al.
In the 101st Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Case no. 96-06905.
Fraud, Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by William Brant, Carla French; Ferder, Brandt & Cooper, L.L.P.
Defendant represented by J. Stephen Ravel; Bickerstaff, Heath, Smiley & Pollan, L.L.P.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.
Catherine Powers vs. Equinox International; Advance Marketing Seminars and William Gouldd.
Maricopa County, Case no. CV 97-11774.
Fraud, Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by Alfred Ricciardi; Robins & Green, P.A.
Defendant represented by Troy Froderman, Pamela S. Gates; Bryan Cave, L.L.P.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.Russ DeVan vs. Longevity Network, Ltd.
Privately arbitrated in Henderson, NV.
Wrongful Termination.
Plaintiff represented by David Eisenstein.
Defendant represented by D.J. Poyfair.
Represented defendant. Parties settled before ruling (plaintiff was not reinstated).
Kansas City Attorney General vs. The Tax People (aka Renaissance).
Third Judicial District, Topeka, KS. Case no. 00-C-1394.
Fraud, Deceptive Trade Practices, Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by Terry Hamblin, Consumer Protection Division.
Defendant represented by J. R. Hobbs, Marilyn B. Keller; Wytsch, Hobbs, Mirakian & Lee.
Represented plaintiff as consultant. Plaintiff prevailed.
Oberski, et al. vs. New Algae Company, dba Cell Tech Inc.
Massachusetts Superior Court. Case no. 98-294.
Breach of Contract.
Plaintiff represented by Lawrence Farber.
Defendant represented by Jeff Kinder, Fierst & Pucci, LLP.
Represented defendant. Plaintiff prevailed (was awarded $1.00).
Longevity Network. vs. American Longevity.
United States District Court. Case no. CV04-2404-SJO (REx)
Trademark revocation.
Plaintiff represented by Michael F. Maschio; Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, P.C.
Defendant represented by Michael A. Painter; Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter.
Represented plaintiff. Testified at trial. Plaintiff prevailed.
Fugo et al. v. Starlight International
Superior Court of California, County of Monterey. Case no. M51539
Wrongful termination.
Represented plaintiff. Testified to damages at trial. Plaintiff prevailed (awarded $650,000).
XanGo vs. New Vision (2006)
District Court of Utah, Case #2:04cv00405
Patent infringement.
Defendant represented by Edwin Wainscott, Quarles & Brady.
Represented defendant. Defendant prevailed.
Rasmus Rasmussen & HBW Marketing vs. Tahitian Noni International
United States District Court, District of Utah. Case no. 2:04CV00241 PGC
Breach of contract; Wrongful termination.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.
Action by IRS & US Postal Inspection Service vs. Michael Cooper (The Tax People).
Agency liaison was: Henry Herron, Special Agent, Treasury Department
5800 Bannister Road, Ste. 302, Kansas City, MO, 64134, 816-966-2535
Henry.Herron@ci.irs.gov
(Henry.Herron@ci.irs.gov) Fraud, Tax Evasion, Illegal Pyramid.
Testified at trial as Witness for the Prosecution. Prosecution prevailed.
Martin Malmskov vs. Tahitian Noni International
United States District Court, District of Utah. Case no. 2:08-cv-00085-DS
Breach of contract; Wrongful termination.
Representing plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.
Doron Brenner v. Matt Rasmussen (distributor for ACN).
California Superior Court, Santa Cruz County. Case no. CV165593
Breach of Contract.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.
AmeriPlan vs. Evelyn Walker, et al.
116th Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Cause no. DC-09-00761
Breach of Contract/Tortious Interference.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Case abated day before trail.
Matt Rasmussen v. Organo Gold, et al.
United States District Court, Northern District of California. Case no. C-12-1104-HRL
RICO Violation; Unfair Competition; Tortious Interference; Civil Conspiracy; Slander per se
Participating on behalf of the plaintiff. Case is currently active.
Ron Heck & Nancy Heck v. AmeriPlan Corporation
192nd Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Cause no. DC-11-06280-K
Breach of Contract/Fraud.
Participating on behalf of the defendant. Case abated.
United States v. Aneal V. Maharaj
United States District Court, District of Nevada. Case no. 2:05-cr-0364-JCM-LRL
Mail Fraud; Wire Fraud; Bank Fraud; Money Laundering
Participating on behalf of the defendant. Case settled per Plea Agreement.

MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-ANMP.jpeg (http://theanmp.org/anmp/directory.html)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-mlmia.jpeg (http://www.MLMIA.com)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-DSWA.jpeg (http://www.DSWA.org)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-Mensa.jpeg (http://www.Mensa.org)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-GLG.jpg (http://www.glgresearch.com)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-JREF.jpeg (http://www.randi.org)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-Skeptic.jpeg (http://www.skeptic.com/)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-NASE.jpeg (http://www.nase.org/BenefitsHome.aspx)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-Libertarian.png (http://libertarianparty.org/)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/About-NYSCA.png (http://www.nays.org/)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AllStar-2011.png (https://www.constantcontact.com/promo/raf/signup.jsp)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AllStar-2010.png (https://www.constantcontact.com/promo/raf/signup.jsp)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AllStar-2009.png (https://www.constantcontact.com/promo/raf/signup.jsp)

http://www.insidenm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AllStar-2008.png (https://www.constantcontact.com/promo/raf/signup.jsp)

Even Clem Lemons can't be bothered with Yoli. That says it all!!!!

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Seriously...what are the chances that someone trying to promote an MLM opportunity would call themselves "dreamstopper." Maybe I am just smarter than you think I am...

I don't know... I call myself "Scratchycat" does that make me smart? :RpS_wink:

I believe the majority vote would be :crazy: Hey, it takes one to know one also!! Welcome to RealScam, Dreamstopper, have another cup of coffee and join us in exposing these MLMs and other 'programs'!!

scratchycat
03-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I knew the name Len Clements sounded familiar but I needed to check it out so here is Troy Dooly wearing his Yoli shirt:
MLM News: Red Flag Concerns With Two Companies, 14 Yr Old CEO Breaking Records, To The Success Of MLM Weight Loss | MLM Help Desk (http://mlmhelpdesk.com/mlm-news-red-flag-concerns-with-two-companies-14-yr-old-ceo-breaking-records-to-the-success-of-mlm-weight-loss/#.UUIuizYo5D9)

He/Clements had a mention of it in 2011-12:

Just for kicks, I’ve taken the percentage of site visitors who arrived via a search engine and multiplied this by the number of minutes each visitor spends on the site (both are averages over the past 30 days). Here’s the results related to a sampling of some of the most prominent companies:

Avon 0.879
Qivana 0.875
Ambit Energy 0.805
Evolv 0.762
Nu Skin 0.757
Nikken 0.757
Max GXL 0.727
Melaleuca 0.712
Neways 0.712
Send Out Cards 0.683
ForeverGreen 0.660
Xyngular 0.607
Rain 0.606
4Life 0.605
Youngevity 0.546
Mannatech 0.527
Reliv 0.506
Trump Network 0.502
Amazon Herb 0.496
Yoli 0.496
Oxyfresh 0.495
Vemma 0.486
Usana 0.469
Shaklee 0.447
ViSalus 0.442
ACN 0.442
Mary Kay 0.431
Amway 0.417
XanGo 0.403
Herbalife 0.399
PrePaid Legal 0.370
Mandura 0.350
Agel 0.324
MonaVie 0.315
Zrii 0.305
JuicePlus 0.296
Essante 0.278
Isagenix 0.268
Numis 0.242
Life Force 0.189
Vitamark 0.189
AmeriPlan 0.177
Amega 0.177
Freelife 0.173
Market America 0.154
Tahitian Noni 0.137
Monitium 0.092
Sisel 0.050
MPB Today 0.045

Another good way to track growth and popularity trends is to record the number of new references to the company’s main home page that have been added to the internet over the previous 30 days, then compare it to the same data 30 days from now, and each month going forward. Google provides such search capabilities and I’ve logged the numbers for all the companies listed above. I’ll let you know the results in 30 days.

Len Clements
Founder & CEO
MarketWave, Inc.

Search Results yoli (http://www.insidenm.com/?s=yoli)

So I suppose it has been removed and not very big deal now.

Gregg
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM

Nope, I was talking about you.

Excuse me if I'm a bit jaded, but I've seen far too many people "just looking for information" in the first post who before long, either in the first forum or somewhere else being a pretty big ref whore, and if I only got a whiff in your first post, the following ones smelled pretty bad. One other common trait of MLM ripoffs is to have affiliates spam the internet with stories of how great the new big thing is, how much money they're made, what cool cars they drive and how hot the women who throw themselves at them are.
One other thing you'll find that the next big thing does is put up one "independent review" under hundreds of different places that are titled something like "Is this new wonderful thing a scam?" and then spend a few hundred words explaining how it's not, and look at all the money I've made, the new BMW I drive and the Super Models waiting in line to date me.....

They do this so when the prospective sucker,,oops, new recruit does a google search for the program and the word "scam" they'll get all those reviews first before they find a real independent review that tells them paying $10 a quart for juice so they can sell it for $30 a quart and recruit their own downline might not be such a surefire thing after all.

Now, go ahead and tell us how cynical I am, how I'm just jealous and don't know anything about business. I'll be disappointed if you don't.

littleroundman
03-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Perhaps it would be more expedient if dreamstealer told us what first attracted him to research Yoli.

What is it about Yoli that sets it apart from the squillion and one other pseudo health related MLMs available out there.

A "scam" MLM generally has more than one "scam" component, making it very hard to cover all of them within the constraints of a forum such as this.

Selling is not easy.

Selling a high priced product of dubious quality and efficacy is even harder.

As has been pointed out in previous threads, the chances of an "average" person making big dollars in MLM in general are statistically improbable.
The fact the product is flawed can only magnify the problems facing the new member.

There's a very big difference between saying a person "CAN" make money in MLM and saying people "DO" make money in MLM and an even greater difference in saying "SOME" people will profit from MLM and "MOST" people will profit from MLM.

laidback
03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
And, of course, let's not forget that the mlm pushers will try to convince the suck.... err affil... err whatever that the reason they are not successful is that they are not working hard enough, when the truth is it is almost impossible to succeed for the majority involved.

dreamstopper
03-15-2013, 01:45 AM
My search for information about this particular MLM is personal, which means only that it has affected someone I care about. Other than that, I have no particular interest in it at all. I am not an affiliate spammer and have no clue what that even is. If I have been intrusive, I apologize.

It was easy to Google search my way to all the current up to date positive rave YOLI reviews and great opportunity articles. That is what the average YOLI opportunity seeker is going to find also. I wanted to also hear the other side of the story, because there always is one. However, I had a hard time finding anything that was current and relevant. Everything I found was mostly from 2009 and prior to early 2011, which is when the conversation ended on this site and everywhere else as well. What good does a “yoli scam” Google search do when it leads to a conversation you all had about Blast Caps from 2009? I was disappointed that no one was paying attention. If I had an agenda, it was only to wake someone up, which apparently I have rudely done.

Maybe it’s just me, but if I go to a site and all I see are naysayers or yea-sayers agreeing with each other, it’s hard for me to relate. It’s also boring. It’s even more boring when it’s old news. Opposition, debate and conflict pull out facts and information, which is what I want when I am researching.

When I look at it from your point of view, which I obviously did not, you are all just protecting your territory, so I get why I ended up under the bus.

In the end, what is the best or worst that can come from this? If a scam search or any kind of search leads to present day news then it is newsworthy. The YOLI information seeker will read my stuff, feel good for about a minute until he goes on to see how you all crushed me like a poison spider, read the rest of the story, get some new information, a different point of view, browse a few links and perhaps be able to make a better informed decision. Is this really a bad thing?

So…new little YOLI hopeful with stars in your eyes…keep those eyes open and be mindful. Forget about “blind faith” and arm yourself with “knowledge is power.” And most of all, remember that “all that glitters is not gold.”

(see ribshaw, I did read everything you said;)

littleroundman
03-15-2013, 01:52 AM
It’s also boring

Sigh,

so many scams, so little time and so many ready to criticize.

Such is life in the 21st century, I suppose.

dreamstopper
03-15-2013, 02:52 AM
Sigh,

so many scams, so little time and so many ready to criticize.

Such is life in the 21st century, I suppose.

so true, it's all I get here too ;) “To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing”.

scratchycat
03-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Yoli's Facebook page is filled with all the glamour and vacations places, awards, new cars, new tags - it is all hype. Very little is to be found about the products, so I would guess this is their cheering squad page.
https://www.facebook.com/BetterBodySystem?fref=ts

I did a little looking around this morning and will just post what I found. You decide...

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com))
Domain Name: YOLI.COM
Created on: 15-Dec-02
Expires on: 15-Dec-19
Last Updated on: 06-Feb-10

Registrant:
yoli corp
10808 South river front pkwy
south jordan, Utah 8
United States

Administrative Contact:
corp, yoli rrdmichael@gmail.com
south jordan, Utah 8
United States
801-576-6683

Technical Contact:
corp, yoli rrdmichael@gmail.com
south jordan, Utah 8
United States
801-576-6683

This was from Google map and you can see the location is marked on the car. Now look at the one of Wealthcare Advisory Group, Inc.‎

Now I do understand that Google maps are not always to be trusted for exact locations.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com))
Domain Name: WEALTHCAREADVISORYGROUP.COM
Created on: 18-Sep-10
Expires on: 18-Sep-13
Last Updated on: 27-Jun-11

Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC

DomainsByProxy.com
14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration WEALTHCAREADVISORYGROUP.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration WEALTHCAREADVISORYGROUP.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
United States

These are the businesses located at that address. It is a very large building, so...

Action Commercial Insurance Agency‎

All Quality Garage Door of South Jordan‎

Convina Web Design‎

Early Life Child Psychology, Inc.‎

Elase Medical Spas‎

First Class Home Mortgage (1st Class)‎

Law Offices of John W. Murray‎

Majelyn LLC‎

Michael K Jones Attorney‎

PMI Salt Lake‎

Property Management Inc.‎

Wealthcare Advisory Group, Inc.‎
-------------

More info on Yoli:

Yoli.com - Yoli (http://yoli.com.pandastats.net/)

Domain Information

Yoli.com

Register Date: 2002-12-15

Update Date: 2010-02-06

Expire Date: 2019-12-15

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Registrar Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Registrar Status: clientRenewProhibited

Yoli.com - Yoli - Site Info (http://www.siteinfotool.com/yoli.com)

The lack of info at Alexa is disturbing.

Yoli.com Site Info (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/yoli.com#)

Yoli-www.blogspot.com Site Info (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/yoli-www.blogspot.com)

I have no idea why this blog is called Yoli, it seems to be from Bulgaria.

Registrar Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registrar Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Nameserver: ns1.getitonline.com

Nameserver: ns2.getitonline.com

littleroundman
03-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Yoli's Facebook page is filled with all the glamour and vacations places, awards, new cars, new tags - it is all hype. Very little is to be found about the products,

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1030/yolix.jpg

Anyone who wants to try selling that line of B/S via M.L.M. is welcome to it.

ribshaw
03-16-2013, 10:21 AM
LOL, I have not been able to lose 7-15 pounds in the past 20 years.

How about this, don't eat so darn much and get off the couch.
My downline is free to join and there are no meetings or product to sell.
You won't make any money, but you aren't going to make any with MLM anyway.
This is going to be huge, better get in early. Founders positions still available.

dreamstopper
03-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I came here to learn…and learn I did. I learned that there are bad MLMs and there are worse MLMs, but MLM is MLM, forward and backward. All that matters is the damage.

Unfortunately, my “person of interest” is SO uninterested in anything I learned that she won’t let me say more than 3 words at a time. She is like a robot, programmed with the correct response to whatever the question or statement is, or where she thinks the conversation might be going. I have known her for years; now I have no idea who she is.

There is no interest in doing things she used to enjoy, no interest in people she used to know. Now, she only has time to read personal growth and wealth development books, listen to MLM motivational CDs, talk about the MLM, hang out with MLMers, go to MLM meetings, eat MLM food and drink MLM drinks.

Any attempted conversation with her will become about the MLM, the products, or the culture, regardless of where the conversation started. She does not watch the news anymore and has no interest in world affairs. She borrowed $5000 to cover initial “business” expenses, and will drain the 401K if needed. This does not concern her at all, because her expenses will be tax deductions (?!?)…except that she has no income, which also does not concern her. Assured that a 3 - 5 year commitment to the MLM combined with consistent effort will provide incredible wealth and residual passive income, she is ready to sell her soul.

Her unshakable belief that this will lead to wealth and success has given her magical recruiting powers. Recruit; train the recruits to recruit, some stay, some quit, and recruit some more. She insists that her most prized reward is helping to change lives with the amazing products and opportunity. In her opinion, if someone chooses not to continue with the opportunity, they didn’t want it bad enough to make it happen. If no one makes any money, she says there are no losers, because the products have given the gift of health. I guess this is how she is able to continue to look at herself in the mirror.

Money comes in; money goes up, up, up…still no money for the girl at the bottom…but “FREE” products. She spends $1000 on products for personal consumption and earns $1000 of “FREE” products for samples and tastings. Hmmm…if she spends $1000 to get $2000 of grossly overpriced products that she wouldn’t have ever bought anyway if she wasn’t with the MLM…that’s (-$1000) I have never seen anyone work so hard to grow debt.

She has never been happier in her life than now, and has an enigmatic smile on her face at all times. (I don’t, but sometimes want to slap her)

Her family and friends have been replaced with her new MLM family and friends, however, the original family and friends who join the MLM are welcomed in with open arms, and she is also soliciting my family and friends.

Anything I say that questions her belief system is unwelcome. Negativity makes her uncomfortable and is therefore unacceptable. Only positive people with positive energy are allowed in her presence. She calls me “dreamstopper.”

laidback
03-17-2013, 12:06 PM
She calls me “dreamstopper.”

...and dreamstopper you are, since you are trying to pull her back to reality...!

ribshaw
03-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Good post "Dreamstopper" and very true of a lot of areas of life unfortunately. Your friend is already garage qualified, but I am sure she will make it up with her volume bonus. Appears you have one of two choices at this point, either hang out with her and don't talk MLM or move on and let her figure things out for herself. (A third would be to join her :shocked:) !!!

Eric Scheibeler wrote a book about his tales with Amway called Merchants of Deception, to my knowledge it is a free PDF download, or maybe a small donation at his site. It chronicles everything you just said, and I doubt it is on your friends approved reading list. One of the many things he highlights is how the "fake it till you make it lifestyle" exacerbates the wealth destruction in MLM. Not only as you say do they want you to buy expensive product, they want you to look the part with a fancy car and clothes. This is a recipe for financial ruin for anyone without significant wealth, but when you don't have an income most will never catch up. I have a few other books sitting on my shelves, and they all read about the same, it is as much of a cult mindset for a lot of these folks and a sense of belonging as a business.

When I was in high school and college and waited tables a week never went by that I did not hear "you are a hard worker", "we have a business to tell you about". And whatever you do, never take a waiter job near a Ramada, Days Inn, or HoJo that has a conference room. Or make sure to call out on MLM nights, separate checks, nonsense orders and business cards where a cash tip should have been. When I was traveling, I spent a lot of time in bookstores and coffee shops, lot of MLM stalking going on there too. Even had one weirdo go through the company to locate me and called me at my office. Certifiable stalker stuff.

If you you had a temporary setback with your friend, others will surely read what you have said, and think twice when a friend or relative says "You are smart, I want to get your opinion on a business I am looking at". Meaning, I am in MLM and want to bring a closer to your house, sell you on a dream.

If you are ever out and someone asks if you are interested in making some extra money, ask them "does this involve a ball gag and a leather hood"? If they stick around to talk they are in MLM for sure.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
@dreamstealer.

This comment

it is as much of a cult mindset for a lot of these folks and a sense of belonging as a business.

is the root of the problem for many people caught up in MLMs. The "motivational training" provided, and the whole business environment is similar to that of many cults. Scientology has been involved in some major MLMs and in others, other techniques are used, including the sale of a "lifestyle". It is rare that an MLM gets by simply on training people in the genuine and verified virtues of their products and their sales. The only one that I am personally aware of that even came close to that practice (Forever Living - the Aloe Vera MLM) ended up with half the genuine natural product sellers producing the same products for a fraction of the price and they have run into criticism for sailing very close the wind as far as pyramid selling is concerned because of the sales versus recruitment balance. That in itself should make anyone think.

It will probably be difficult to get your friend to read anything, but the following article makes some good points.

A very thin line between multilevel marketing and pyramid schemes (http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general546.html)

The Cult of MLM | Individual / Social Impact, Ethics | False Profits Blog (http://www.falseprofits.com/files/1a752febbefe73223e22a28e5e5e5106-35.html)The Cult of MLM | Individual / Social Impact, Ethics | False Profits Blog (http://www.falseprofits.com/files/1a752febbefe73223e22a28e5e5e5106-35.html)

And you are right - it is very scarey

ribshaw
03-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Liked the links, two other good books on MLM listed on the second one.

I also find interesting in some of the bigger MLMs and certainly the biggest that the top distributors are alleged to make more money from selling "tools" than they actually do selling product. It sounds like YOLI may be running the same game. Dexter Yeager of Amway has his on distribution facility, and my understanding is you buy from that channel if you want to be considered "plugged in". Other downlines have similar arrangements.

I could not imagine telling someone you have their best interests at heart, and then telling them buy brand new from me for $20, instead of buying used for .99 at the thrift shop. Unless of course it is really about selling books and not personal development of your team.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
It's about making as much money from your downline as is humanly possible and convince them that you are helping them succeed in an impossible to succeed structure.

Doc Bunkum
03-15-2014, 01:14 PM

Well, if this (http://www.mlmultrasecrets.com/yoli.html) helps...

After All Your Training And Doing
Everything You Were Told
That Your Yoli Blast MLM Business
...The One Business In The World
You Are Determined To Have Success...
Will Still Become Just ANOTHER Failure
In Your Life ...While Your Family Secretly
Makes Fun Of You Behind Your Back?"

Actually, the part about "Just ANOTHER Failure" pertains to any MLM business....

... as does the part about Your Family (and friends) Secretly Making Fun Of You Behind Your Back. :loser:

Sadly, the answer is YES... but it's NOT because you're not
trying hard enough... or because your "warm market" is too small or
you don't know enough people... or even because you're not spending
enough money on 'quality' leads. Read on to discover the
reason why the vast majority of Yoli Distributors
still end up unhappy, frustrated, and BROKE
with very little to show for their hard work,
buried under a mountain of credit card
debt no matter how hard they try...

No, of course not, it isn't your fault - it's the business model.

The vast majority of MLM Distributors are still going to end up unhappy, frustrated, and BROKE
with very little to show for their hard work, buried under a mountain of credit card debt no matter how hard they try.

It's inherent in the system.

JackFrost
06-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Dreamstopper is right on the mark. I'll only add that any program that is too good to be true is one do certainly watch out for. It is not FDA approved and people are just slamming this stuff into their bodies. And to add on to what Dreamstopper said about potential lawsuits... this is a huge red flag. Our society today is law suit crazy. People will go after anyone for anything. Far too risky... but good luck if you want in. Like anything, it takes work.

Soapboxmom
03-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Alan Ratliff
Founding Yoli Distributor
www.blastcapcraze.com (http://www.blastcapcraze.com)

register for next webinar here (http://www.yoliwebinar.com/).
Lenny Clement's fellow Founding Distributor bailed by 2011 according to archive.org's page captures. Oh, the humanity. Even the top dogs can't hack it and leave. Bet he wasn't making squat. No doubt Clem Lemons can document all that financial disclosure information for us. Did Lenny actually advance past Ruby level??? The world wants to know!

Doc Bunkum
03-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Lenny Clement's fellow Founding Distributor bailed by 2011 according to archive.org's page captures. Oh, the humanity. Even the top dogs can't hack it and leave. Bet he wasn't making squat. No doubt Clem Lemons can document all that financial disclosure information for us. Did Lenny actually advance past Ruby level??? The world wants to know!

It's interesting to go back to that March 2011 Yoli Distributor List (http://www.mlmpyramid.com/YoliDistributorListMarch2011.html) and see just who's still around today.

Rod Nichols (1000008 ) of Team Vitality Worldwide LLC is an interesting case in point. On his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rod-Nichols/106666102741626), he's flogging an ebook, The Magnetic Life for only $9.95.

I'll be taking it off the market to turn it into a training manual that will sell for around $29.95, so this is your last chance to grab this life-changing ebook for under 10 bucks.

In the post underneath that one, he says...

I just added another post to my blog and did some updating of videos. Check it out at www.NMPowerSecrets.com

Funny thing is, if you click on that www.NMPowerSecrets.com link, you're taken to some Chinese shopping site for shoes!

As for 007 himself, "2009 to present: Yoli, LLC (not currently active)".

What exactly does "not currently active" mean? Is that MLM speak for "they kicked my ass out the door"? Or did he voluntarily step down to avoid a conflict of interest over at his new position at TAMM? Maybe Lenny can clear this matter up next time he does a fly by.

Speaking of that 2011 Yoli list, it's interesting to see there's a distributor #1010898 named Kathilyn Wilcox. I wonder, is that the former or future Mrs. Clements?

At the rate Lenny's going, he's going to be able to list himself as a "Court Certified Expert in Divorce Proceedings" soon.

Soapboxmom
03-07-2015, 11:33 AM
What an exciting round of Yoli: Where are they now??

Let's look at the rep list:

Mikel Anderson

Kevin O'Conner

Eternal Truth LP

Riccardo Ferrari

CKS Properties, INC

Len W. Clements

Team Vitality Worldwide LLC

David C Matteson

Julius G. Henry

Robert Larsen

Christopher Keene

Art Meakin & Associates Inc.

james Coburn

dan maes

sallie owen

Rayzon Corp. Rayzon Corp.

Migdalia Isner

Cybermax Marketing LLC

Bernice S Paranich

rebecca kelly

Michelle O'Conner

Joan Cox

Marie A. Kelly

Ken Hightower

Pure Telluride Inc.

Gilbert Villa

Rudy S. Wusstig

Team Graves Inc

Kingsley Ennis

GPLS, Inc.

Vanessa Villa

rolando ruano

Philip Cheatwood

Telelink, Inc.

Assure Success

Richard Hamilton

Thomas Christiansen

Dwr Construction Inc.

Tim Rice

Faith Lane

PromoCal Productions Inc.

Robb West

Scott Chandler

Gary L. Leese

Mikle Anderson is the creator extraordinaire of the laughable blast cap. He has faded into obscurity as of 2010 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFrYj-tgtC4

Kevin O'Conner has sanitized any history of his involvement with Yoli from the world wide web.

"Eternal truth LP" Yoli shows only 3 search results. Smart to hide participation an an obvious scam with a corporate filing. LOL!!!!

Riccardo Ferrari has completely sanitized any mention of Yoli with his name. Check out his 2009
https://www.facebook.com/ferrarimedia

Riccardo’s Story (http://www.riccardoferrari.com/riccardo-ferrari/)

2006 — In a little over a year, through internet marketing, I became the #1 volume producer (personal income peaking at$25,000 a week) with a prominent energy drink manufacturer in Dallas, TX. My organization grew to 190,000 online affiliates and sold over 100 million drinks to date. The program is still producing millions in yearly gross sales.

2009 – I started expanding blog development, write training products (http://www.riccardoferrari.com/my-courses/), tested diverse internet marketing strategies and had another winning internet ventures that generated hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2011 -2012 I consulted and served as VP of Marketing for a Sarasota company financed by a billionaire. I created the entire brand, blogging platform, websites and marketing strategy. After 20 months, despite of their excellent products, I decided not to pursue distribution with this company.

Yoli is clearly not mentioned even in passing on Riccardo's BS page.

CKS Properties, INC shows two Google results.....this list! Hilarious!!!

We will find any early entrant (the ones at the top of the pyramid where the fortunes are made off of the losses of the bottom 97%) still hawking this laughable snakeoil????

Soapboxmom
03-07-2015, 09:57 PM
David C Matteson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw14BUQBU2s
Another leader who appears to have gone MIA.

Julius Henry might be this bloke: WorldClassk-9 - Family guard dogs for sale,Executive protection dogs,Trained Protection Dogs,Georgia Dog Training. (http://www.worldclassk-9.com/) I certainly can't find anyone by that name actively hawking Yoli. :shocked:

directors - Association of Network Marketing Professionals ... (http://anmpconvention.com/2014/directors.html)
has a Bob / Robert Larsen, but he sure doesn't Google up as a Yoli pimp.

I can't find Christopher Keene blasting around the world wide web either.

Art Meakin certainly wasn't having a blast. He went back to Shaklee in 2011.
MLM Legend Art Meakin Returns to Shaklee! (http://www.scribd.com/doc/55916795/MLM-Legend-Art-Meakin-Returns-to-Shaklee#scribd)

James Coburn seems to have ridden off into the sunset.

Dan Maes is doing an incredible job of hiding his involvement in Yoli as well.

Is there anybody from the top of the pyramid still in Yoli????

Doc Bunkum
03-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Is there anybody from the top of the pyramid still in Yoli????

1000001 Kevin O'Conner

Kevin O'Connor will be in the Philippines, Vietnam and Hong Kong. View calendar for specific locations. Updates will happen regularly, so check back.
Calendar | Rocket Fuel Team (http://rocketfuelteam.net/calendar/)

Peddling FG Xpress pain strips (some connection to ForeverGreen I take it).

littleroundman
03-08-2015, 06:34 AM
I've always wondered why the medical profession has never picked up on the efficacy of power strips and it has been left up to shady MLM promoters to bring them to the public

Actually, I'm lying, I don't wonder at all.

It's because they don't work

Take this little weasel words gem from FGA powerstrips:

FG XPress PowerStrips™ are a Doctor Formulated 'First-of-it's-Kind' Product Listed by the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device.

What is a FDA listed Class 1 medical device, you may ask:

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/7389/CgRKtO.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/5504/scTEI5.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/5756/2niqa6.jpg

Soapboxmom
03-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Continuing down the list:

Sallie Owens has made any involvement in Yoli magically disappear. No blast...just poof!

Razon corp and Yoli is another dud.

Migdalia Isner apparently didn't even get to the "Fun" introduction in Yoli.

Doc Bunkum
03-08-2015, 11:15 AM
http://youtu.be/EpY1oAemTmQ

Nice touch.

Now they got babies hawking FX Power Strips.

Soapboxmom
03-08-2015, 12:20 PM
1000024 Cybermax Marketing LLC = Bob Gatchel:

Bob was foolish enough to take me on on Scam (http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=120980&page=402). Bob was using Marvel Comics Ironman in his Yoli ads. My fellow posters and I promptly put a stop to that. I also pointed out to him that fair use and parody is not at all the same as commercial use and he best get himself a competent lawyer pronto. Apparently, one of his drinking buddies who got his law degree out of a Cracker Jack Box saw no problem with the commercial use of Marvel's copyrighted material.

With his slinky marketing techniques, Bob far surpassed our own Clem Lemons and made Triple Diamond. I see piles of steaming dung he has been tangled up in recently, but interestingly he has not been pimping Yoli since 2011 it seems.

I see Bob now has an active Solavei page so the "Blast and Fun" have ended?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bob-gatchel%27s-scientific-advertising-institute-training Does blank = scientific???
Home Career Institute Reviews - Bob Gatchel Legit or Scam? (http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/home-career-institute-reviews-is-bob-gatchel-a-scam/)
Internet Riches Made Easy by Bob Gatchel (http://internetrichesmadeeasy.com/index.html)
About Us | Protege Training (http://protegetraining.com/about-us-2/)
Bob Gatchel | Protege Training (http://protegetraining.com/bob-gatchel/)
Malibu Mastermind $3,000 Sign Up Bonus With Bob Gatchel (http://malibumastermind.empowernetwork.com/blog/malibu-mastermind-3000-sign-up-bonus-with-bob-gatchel)
About Bob Gatchel | Blog Power Academy (http://blogpoweracademy.com/about-bob-gatchel.html)

That thread is a hilarious read. Yodaattone sums up that thread, Clements and Yoli with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZhmsp6iBQ
Will Bob jump in on this thread and enlighten us? This just gets funnier and funnier as we have yet to find a single early entrant in Yoli still having a "Blast and Fun" etc.....

Soapboxmom
03-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Bernice S Paranich is listed as deceased. So much for the medicinal qualities of Yoli.

Rebecca Kelly has managed to have no internet presence that reflects her being in Yoli.

Michelle O'Conner has zero mention of Yoli with her name online.

Joan Cox is also MIA.

Marie A. Kelly is a goner it appears.

Ken Hightower has left up piles of BS and broken links including this:
GoYoli (http://ken.goyoli.com/) which states that "The enroller's site you are trying to visit is not active at this time." Ken blathered nonsense as Pissed Off Dad. Our own Littleroundman called him out on this (http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/pissed-off-dad-reveals-truth-about-energy-drinks-pasteurization-and-the-yoli-blast-cap-1060923.html) and that roach has scurried away from Yoli! In 2009 he was already hawking more garbage (http://www.articlesbase.com/home-business-articles/xyngular-triphasic-super-fruit-juice-mlm-business-opportunity-launches-1636922.html) and yet more just months later (http://www.articlesbase.com/supplements-and-vitamins-articles/fat-loss-food-bios-life-slim-really-works-where-all-others-fail-1952086.html).

Doc Bunkum
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
1005652 Sarah McCoy seems to still be with Yoli and doing reasonably well.

"The Diamond Team (http://yodiamondteam.com/#/About%20Us) is lead by Brian and Sarah McCoy with over 15 years of experience in the network marketing industry."

Nice site, BTW.

Soapboxmom
03-08-2015, 02:17 PM
1005652 Sarah McCoy seems to still be with Yoli and doing reasonably well.

"The Diamond Team (http://yodiamondteam.com/#/About%20Us) is lead by Brian and Sarah McCoy with over 15 years of experience in the network marketing industry."

Nice site, BTW.
We have tangled with McCoy numerous times over the years. He has jumped and dumped numerous times and takes an enormous bunch or marks with him from one deal to the next. He is particularly oily.

Soapboxmom
03-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Pure Telluride Inc. in Colorado is defunct.

Gilbert Villa looks to be MIA.

Rudy Wusstig was hawking Unicity in 2010 (http://www.unicity.com/usa/) and has since dropped off of the MLM radar. Yoli would certainly scare off most!

Team Graves Inc. is revoked.

Triple Diamond Kinsgley Ennis is actually still in Yoli. He is the first of the early entrants that appears to have hung on!

Whip
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Pure Telluride Inc. in Colorado is defunct.

Gilbert Villa looks to be MIA.

Rudy Wusstig was hawking Unicity in 2010 (http://www.unicity.com/usa/) and has since dropped off of the MLM radar. Yoli would certainly scare off most!

Team Graves Inc. is revoked.

Triple Diamond Kinsgley Ennis is actually still in Yoli. He is the first of the early entrants that appears to have hung on!

I don't know where they thought they were going to go when Telluride is small to begin with and 60 miles from the nearest town.

Doc Bunkum
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I think it would be appropriate at this point to once again congratulate Yoli on receiving The Academy of Multilevel Marketing Product of the Year Award 2013 for their wonderful pH balancer, Alkalete.

When you consider the hundreds of products in the running, and to be selected the best, well, that's some achievement. Congratulations!

Even the esteemed Dr. Richard Anderson, Naturopath, and author of "Cleanse & Purify Thyself" endorses the product. View this glowing testimonial:

“Alkalete is the most impactful product I’ve seen in over thirty years as a naturopath and after working with thousands of patients. The results are fast and pronounced for most people who try it.”

You know, the Dr. Richard Anderson, who had a recent blog post: My Amazing First Colon Cleanse (http://www.cleanse.net/) and described the experience this way...

It was about 6 pm, on the 4th day of this new 7-day cleanse. I was sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book, feeling just okay, when suddenly, I felt an unusual movement in by lower abdomen... I felt an overwhelming urge to use the bathroom. I was too weak to get up and walk, so I crawled into the bathroom. It took all the strength I had left to climb upon the porcelain throne. Just as I did, another previously unknown experience occurred – something came out of me like a tornado. In a flash it was out and I was so surprised that I immediately stood up to examine what had come out. I was never so shocked in my life! There floated my colon, or at least that’s what I thought at that time. It was almost jet-black. At that moment I was sure that I was dying. I assumed that my guts had become so rotten that gravity just pulled them out. No wonder I was so sick. I thought. I didn’t blame the colon cleanse, for I knew it must have taken decades for me to deteriorate that much, and this explained why I had felt so horrible for the last two years. One thing was certain, I would be dead before morning and based upon how I had been feeling for the last two years, I was truly ready to die.

Thanks for sharing the experience, Dick.

More information than I needed to know. :pt:

Whip
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I get the same results from eating Wild West Shrimp at Longhorn Steakhouse and it's far tastier.

littleroundman
03-08-2015, 11:44 PM
1000871 Johnny Spears

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/7156/MOWX7R.jpg

You can read the full BEHINDMLM.com (http://behindmlm.com/) article here: NetworkAddsM2M Review: $19.95-$100 three-tier cash gifting (http://behindmlm.com/mlm-reviews/networkaddsm2m-review-19-95-100-three-tier-cash-gifting/)

ribshaw
03-09-2015, 10:54 AM
I think it would be appropriate at this point to once again congratulate Yoli on receiving The Academy of Multilevel Marketing Product of the Year Award 2013 for their wonderful pH balancer, Alkalete.

Dr. Lenny Fraudwell uses the ole PH scam as well. Create a conspiracy and charge people for the solution, dare I say revolutionary. Wonder someone with a BUCK-55 IQ would be scammed by such utter nonsense.

“You can’t change your body’s pH, sir – if your pH changes, you’ll die,” I explained, in my most reassuring pharmacist voice. “You don’t know what you’re talking about,” he snapped at me, “I adjust my pH all the time.”
https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/your-urine-is-not-a-window-to-your-body-ph-balancing-a-failed-hypothesis/

Even the esteemed Dr. Richard Anderson, Naturopath, and author of "Cleanse & Purify Thyself" endorses the product. View this glowing testimonial:

You know, the Dr. Richard Anderson, who had a recent blog post: My Amazing First Colon Cleanse (http://www.cleanse.net/) and described the experience this way...

Personally I get all my medical advice from a guy in my Snooker League, some people laughingly turn to real doctors.

In fact, colon cleansing can sometimes be harmful. Colon cleansing can cause side effects, such as cramping, bloating, nausea and vomiting. More serious concerns with colon cleansing are that it can:

Increase your risk of dehydration
Lead to bowel perforations
Increase the risk of infection
Cause changes in your electrolytes, which can be dangerous if you have kidney disease or other health problems

Colon cleansing: Is it helpful or harmful? - Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/expert-answers/colon-cleansing/faq-20058435)

Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Gastrointestinal Quackery: Colonics, Laxatives, and More (http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html)

Doc Bunkum
03-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Fact of the matter is, all a person needs is a glass of beer or two a day from a local craft brewer.

Healthy, you'll feel good, and you'll never need a colon cleanse - it'll take care of itself automatically.

Love this label from a local craft brewer:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sleepinggiant_northernlogger.jpg

Christian L
01-16-2018, 06:45 AM
Hi all

I found this review which may be helpful for those thinking about marketing Yoli: https://www.dietprobe.com/yoli-yes-shake-review/

Basically the cliffs are

>expensive
>lots of competition
>majority of consumers aren't willing to pay the prices
>the products themselves aren't terrible

Talia Zurita
01-26-2019, 02:20 AM
Not exactly moving like hotcakes

I am always amused at this saying. Have you ever been to a Carnaval or fair and even seen a Hotcakes stand? Hotcakes just don't sell. Maybe the saying should be selling like petrol half price during a gas crises? Ya know what I mean?

I am looking for stuff on known serial date scammer and MLM ponzi promoter Riccardo Ferrari.

ribshaw
01-27-2019, 12:10 PM
Maybe the saying should be selling like petrol half price during a gas crises?

Yes if you want something hard to say that will cause people to stare at their fingers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/lists/hot-cakes-arent-selling-like-hot-cakes-9872420.html

I am looking for stuff on known serial date scammer and MLM ponzi promoter Riccardo Ferrari.

You should start a thread for him, here are a few links to get you started. I found one reference to dating but I'm not clear from the post what he allegedly did so I omitted it.

https://www.facebook.com/FerrariMarketingTeam/

Riccardo Ferrari | Entrepreneur, Marketing Leader and Coach (http://riccardoferrari.com/)

https://behindmlm.com/companies/bitclub-network-review-zeek-ponzi-veterans-at-it-again/

Global Information Network Review - Riccardo Ferrari (http://riccardoferrari.com/global-information-network)

https://www.courthousenews.com/sec-sues-kevin-trudeau-crony-for-4-7-million/