PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this Email solicitation, sent to past members of ASD !

Wizzard7
07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Seems a lot of people have the ASD database and are not afraid to use it !!

========================

Your ASD Update

My name is Tommy. You probably remember me as the key programmer for AdSurfDaily. That was a sad day when we were shut down by our own government. ASD was helping so many people keep their homes and earn an incredible income.

I stay in touch with Andy to keep up with what’s happening with the case. His attorneys do not like for him to have conference calls nor send emails to the members because the government and the bloggers take the information and twist it so they can use it against him.

I talked to Andy a few days ago and his attorneys filed an appeal in the forfeiture case on May 26th 2010. He said the attorneys are prepared to take the case to the Supreme Court if need be. The attorneys and other expert witnesses including a CPA firm that testifies in court cases as an expert witness say that the ASD business model is legal. I am praying that ASD wins the case and is soon in business again.

In the meantime, in anticipation of that day, I know folks have been trying to find a way to get ahead in these tough economic times and being a programmer, I see a lot of opportunities on the internet.

I was recently introduced to an opportunity that is the most exciting opportunity I have seen since ASD. It is a new and exciting method of advertising that is revolutionizing the way business owners are advertising. It uses the fastest growing segment in the cell phone industry – text messaging. It is the most dynamic concept of advertising since ASD.

The company has invested a lot of money and time to establish this method of advertising and to build 2 tremendous websites. Their compensation plan can quickly provide a great income for you. It’s an excellent way to build a residual income that continues to produce for you even after retirement.

Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX when you are in front of your computer for a quick look at this exciting ground floor opportunity.
I am sending this email to you because you were a key leader in ASD. If you want a key position in this exciting opportunity, make the phone call now. You will be placed in one of the key positions and I will help build your organization by sending emails for you to top producers. They have great Webinars and very effective training programs. Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX before all of these key positions are filled.

If you haven’t called yet, let me ask you a couple of questions: Are you earning all the money you can spend? Have you achieved financial freedom?

If you answered no to either question this opportunity is for you. It can propel you towards the financial success you’re looking for. Call now and look carefully at the uniqueness of this advertising method and see why business owners are flocking to it. Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX now!
Sincerely,
Tommy

Wizzard7
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I removed parts of the phone numbers as a courtesy and also because it's a scam, no doubt. I plan to do no flocking, even though I am a business owner. Funny, I remember no "Tommy" as a programmer in ASD; besides, the darn website stayed broken, so he's not a very good programmer!!

I didn't get this email (someone sent it to me) so I must not have been a "top producer". I am hurt, I tells ya!!

P.S.: Did you count how many times he used the word "opportunity"?

Whip
07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't "Tommy" be an accomplice if he were indeed a "key programmer" and be in near as much hot water as ole Andy?

Seriously?
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
P.S.: Did you count how many times he used the word "opportunity"?

I counted 6, is there a prize?

EagleOne
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Seems a lot of people have the ASD database and are not afraid to use it !!

========================

Your ASD Update

My name is Tommy. You probably remember me as the key programmer for AdSurfDaily. That was a sad day when we were shut down by our own government. ASD was helping so many people keep their homes and earn an incredible income.

I stay in touch with Andy to keep up with what’s happening with the case. His attorneys do not like for him to have conference calls nor send emails to the members because the government and the bloggers take the information and twist it so they can use it against him.

I talked to Andy a few days ago and his attorneys filed an appeal in the forfeiture case on May 26th 2010. He said the attorneys are prepared to take the case to the Supreme Court if need be. The attorneys and other expert witnesses including a CPA firm that testifies in court cases as an expert witness say that the ASD business model is legal. I am praying that ASD wins the case and is soon in business again.

In the meantime, in anticipation of that day, I know folks have been trying to find a way to get ahead in these tough economic times and being a programmer, I see a lot of opportunities on the internet.

I was recently introduced to an opportunity that is the most exciting opportunity I have seen since ASD. It is a new and exciting method of advertising that is revolutionizing the way business owners are advertising. It uses the fastest growing segment in the cell phone industry – text messaging. It is the most dynamic concept of advertising since ASD.

The company has invested a lot of money and time to establish this method of advertising and to build 2 tremendous websites. Their compensation plan can quickly provide a great income for you. It’s an excellent way to build a residual income that continues to produce for you even after retirement.

Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX when you are in front of your computer for a quick look at this exciting ground floor opportunity.
I am sending this email to you because you were a key leader in ASD. If you want a key position in this exciting opportunity, make the phone call now. You will be placed in one of the key positions and I will help build your organization by sending emails for you to top producers. They have great Webinars and very effective training programs. Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX before all of these key positions are filled.

If you haven’t called yet, let me ask you a couple of questions: Are you earning all the money you can spend? Have you achieved financial freedom?

If you answered no to either question this opportunity is for you. It can propel you towards the financial success you’re looking for. Call now and look carefully at the uniqueness of this advertising method and see why business owners are flocking to it. Call 510-414-XXXX or 209-568-XXXX now!
Sincerely,
Tommy

This is too funny. First, the reason why his attorney's don't want Andy doing conference calls is because he can't keep his big mouth shut, and keeps digging his hole even deeper. They have just now found this CPA firm that says the ASD business model is legal? One would think they would have been used in the Evidentiary hearing. Wait, they had Gerald Nehra, the expert MLM attorney to testify on ASD's behalf, and of course Andy's attorney's were incompetent and on the government's side. :RpS_lol: The judge was so impressed by Nehra's testimony she said his testimony proved the government's case for them. Actually I don't believe any CPA firm would go under oath and say ASD's business model was legal. They would be out of business the next day. But the ASD business model legal....:RpS_lol::RpS_flapper:

Opportunity appears 5 times, and 1 opportunities.

GlimDropper
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Howdy Eagle, nice to see you again.

Wizard, you didn't exactly tell us the name of this new program but I was wondering if it might be "Biz Global media"? A month or so ago Mark, what's his name, the unemployed hobo guy from the old "Surf's Up" forum was spamming the hell out of me with that one. If that isn't the topic of this thread it deserves one of it's own. I just watched the owner, Jim Ferras give his youtube vid of the comp plan, I love it when they can talk for sixteen minutes about recruiting bonuses without ever mentioning retail sales. And why do cycling matrix deals all look so "pyramid shaped" when drawn on a dry erase board?

Here's a link to the youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mPeclAXd8&NR=1) of the comp plan and it seems that Mr.Ferras is no stranger to money games.

Emet
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
And why do cycling matrix deals all look so "pyramid shaped" when drawn on a dry erase board?

Did you ever watch 'The Office'?

The Office Pyramid Scheme (http://www.yikers.com/video_the_office_pyramid_scheme.html)

Wizzard7
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I counted 6, is there a prize?

Sorry, no prize, just amazed at the lack of vocabulary, maybe they need to get a Thesaurus. :RpS_wink:

Wizzard7
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Howdy Eagle, nice to see you again.

Wizard, you didn't exactly tell us the name of this new program but I was wondering if it might be "Biz Global media"? A month or so ago Mark, what's his name, the unemployed hobo guy from the old "Surf's Up" forum was spamming the hell out of me with that one. If that isn't the topic of this thread it deserves one of it's own. I just watched the owner, Jim Ferras give his youtube vid of the comp plan, I love it when they can talk for sixteen minutes about recruiting bonuses without ever mentioning retail sales. And why do cycling matrix deals all look so "pyramid shaped" when drawn on a dry erase board?

Here's a link to the youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mPeclAXd8&NR=1) of the comp plan and it seems that Mr.Ferras is no stranger to money games.

GlimDropper, the email itself did not name this "favorable circumstance", but I kinda got the idea it was Biz GM. The phone numbers are in California, same as Biz GM. If you want, I'll Pm them to you so you can get in on the ground floor! :RpS_laugh:

GlimDropper
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Well I'll assume for the moment that they were talking about Biz Global media, there is one thing here that interests me, the cover story almost holds together. I found a video where our favorite little hobo does an half way decent job of explaining the deal (Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5MuFKQs64)). Basically you hand out cards that give the recipient $5 in free international calls and some other form on inducement, $20 off at Starbucks, two movie tickets, something like that. To get those things they need to text a given number and open themselves to receiving advertising. Now there are ways for this to work, one would be to enter a keyword, the name of a store for example and they could receive a discount of some sort and then later that store could send out a text to all the people who transacted with them on the system informing them of sales or promotions. There is some actual utility here.

But there is no way an affiliate or multi level deal will work on this. You're encouraged to join at an upfront cost of $250 and an ongoing $99/ month but you only receive 50 cents each time people activate one of the cards you hand out. You need to bring in 100 new customers a month just to break even before you can start paying off your upfront fee. Which is where the affiliate recruiting comes in and where the whole thing goes to hell.

Watch the video I linked in a previous post, the owner of the company talks for 16 minutes about how many people you need to recruit (at $250 upfront and $99/month) in order to cycle so many times and make X number of dollars, he never once even mentions handing out cards and attracting retail customers. He clearly explains how all the promised bonuses can be paid out of peoples membership fees, they don't need to find a single customer anywhere, they just need an endless and geometrically expanding group of affiliates to keep joining and paying fees. Which of course means that anywhere from 80 to 90% of all who do will lose money.

So kudos on a first class cover story, if BGM refined their sales pitch a bit they could almost pass as legitimate, for a while. But that would involve telling people to go out and actually sell a product instead of revving them up just to recruit more "associates." Which tells me they're looking at the seasoned cyclers to sell this deal first and will only pretend to be legitimate second. Which of course means the owners have already selected what excuse they'll give when this deal falls apart in the near future.

King
07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Did you ever watch 'The Office'?

The Office Pyramid Scheme (http://www.yikers.com/video_the_office_pyramid_scheme.html)

Such a good show.