PDA

View Full Version : A-ROD

baylee
12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
A-ROD, a book about Alex Rodriguez written by Selena Roberts ( a senior writer for Sports Illustrated ) has outed A-Rod for using Steroids almost from the beginning of his
career. It is a good book for light reading. Sadly there will be a whole generation of cheaters elected in the Hall of Fame. I hope they build a separate wing for the cheaters.

Whip
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
That was what started the fuss years ago wasn't it?

littleroundman
12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
A-ROD, a book about Alex Rodriguez written by Selena Roberts ( a senior writer for Sports Illustrated ) has outed A-Rod for using Steroids almost from the beginning of his
career. It is a good book for light reading. Sadly there will be a whole generation of cheaters elected in the Hall of Fame. I hope they build a separate wing for the cheaters.

I think if any of the general public really knew who's taking what, the entire sports arena would be viewed in an entirely different light.

I don't believe it's possible to offer someone millions of dollars to run, jump, throw,swim or cycle faster than anyone else, then act all surprised when this sort of thing happens.

IM(very)HO, steroids will turn out to be only the tip of a very large iceberg.

baylee
12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
That was what started the fuss years ago wasn't it?

Selena's book was written in 2009 and if I remember correctly was way after Roger Clemmets, Mark Mcguire', and Sammy Soasa's testifying before congress. I feel sorry for the ones who didn't cheat in this generation. They will be punished for the cheaters.

Whip
12-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Selena's book was written in 2009 and if I remember correctly was way after Roger Clemmets, Mark Mcguire', and Sammy Soasa's testifying before congress. I feel sorry for the ones who didn't cheat in this generation. They will be punished for the cheaters.

My bad....I meant the fuss about just arod. He hadn't really been mentioned before that other than, I believe, a canseco accusation which everyone was poo-pooing at the time.

baylee
12-26-2012, 09:53 PM
My bad....I meant the fuss about just arod. He hadn't really been mentioned before that other than, I believe, a canseco accusation which everyone was poo-pooing at the time.

The book gives a lot of information and a lot of his teammates telling what they know. They also tell of the owners, union, and teammates what they know. I understand this is only the tip of the iceberg but I truly believe there is many players who didn't cheat will be denied entrance because of the cheaters.

Whip
12-26-2012, 10:03 PM
The book gives a lot of information and a lot of his teammates telling what they know. They also tell of the owners, union, and teammates what they know. I understand this is only the tip of the iceberg but I truly believe there is many players who didn't cheat will be denied entrance because of the cheaters.
I agree. I never did before but now I question Bagwell.

baylee
12-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I agree. I never did before but now I question Bagwell.

I never thought about Bagwell,and I have never came across any references linking him to steroids.

Whip
12-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I never thought about Bagwell,and I have never came across any references linking him to steroids.

It's just been other people wondering really. I think Chris Russo on XM has brought it up. No accusations but speculation. Especially since he was teammates with Caminiti.

klagoosh
12-30-2012, 01:10 AM

What a crying shame. I am not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy baseball. A-Rod was one of my favourite players, when he was on the Mariners. Has this been confirmed, and is he still playing? I haven't kept up, since Lou Pinella left the Mariners.

baylee
12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
What a crying shame. I am not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy baseball. A-Rod was one of my favourite players, when he was on the Mariners. Has this been confirmed, and is he still playing? I haven't kept up, since Lou Pinella left the Mariners.

Yes when the book first came out A-Rod had a press conference with several teammates (Jeter and several others), and Some Yankee officials in attendance and admitted it all while trying to tap dance. As far as still playing he was benched in the play-offs this year for not hitting. He is also hurt at this time and will not be ready to start this coming season. The Yankees will be paying this guy tremendous money for not playing for a long time to come.

Whip
12-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Yes when the book first came out A-Rod had a press conference with several teammates (Jeter and several others), and Some Yankee officials in attendance and admitted it all while trying to tap dance. As far as still playing he was benched in the play-offs this year for not hitting. He is also hurt at this time and will not be ready to start this coming season. The Yankees will be paying this guy tremendous money for not playing for a long time to come.

Yeah. Gotta be the worst contract in baseball history but the Yanks aren't the sharpest.