PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Website a Scam?

scratchycat
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Just came across this through a message and I found it to be rather comical. I thought about just adding it to Scamlandpro thread but it is just too good and needs to have its own thread.

Share if a Website is a Scam or Not please

12/10/2012 3:29:03 PM

Hi Folks, as I have been a member of dozens if not 100+ websites over the last 10+ years, I have learned what is a scam and what isn't, what works and what doesn't, what pays and what doesn't, what is legit & what isn't. Please help me to share info about online programs and websites that will help us all determine whether something is a scam or not?

Of course we all have an opinion right? I am a member of dozens of websites including online surveys, paid-to-read emails, communities, social networking, forums, network marketing and so forth. For me I have found that GDI, Hits4Pay, MyLot and many others are legit, and I do have proof-of-payment.

I have also been accused of being a spammer, or even a scammer. Websites such as http://www.scam.com and http://www.realscam.com have attempted to paint me or at least the websites or programs that I promote in a negative way. I like many have been burned by various programs. Thanks for your support & encouragement & participation. Steve
community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2585574/Share-if-a-Website-is-a-Scam-or-Not-please/1.aspx

First one to comment:

EZ Wealth Solution: Definitely NOT a scam. I've been with it for 2 & a half years, it's been in business for 5 years, Ron Walsh is a very helpful owner, very supportive, the backoffice is very complete and excellent. He goes out of his way to help people, walks new members thru on the phone, and stays in touch with members, doesn't drop his help after we've been in for a long time, no other biz owner does anything like that. Myself and many other members have earned very large incomes, this biz gives MUCH MORE than it says, and keeps on giving, not just as a business, but also in a people-to-people helpful way.

EZ Wealth Solution - The # 1 Get Paid Today Program On The Net! (http://ezwealthsolution.com/?kcvan2011)

I'm here at Adlandpro every day, I'm all over the internet every day, my word is good.

Trolls from RealScam are manipulating mywot.com ratings and giving false comments there also. They have a ploy to give disinformation, misinformation, everywhere they go.

Stephen Hauser's word is also good, I trust him and his opinions, always.

Sincerely, Kathleen VanBeekom"

EZ Wealth Solution: Definitely NOT a scam
Can you say PYRAMID, please?

I'm here at Adlandpro every day, I'm all over the internet every day, my word is good. :RpS_lol:

Could we just opinionate that everything you say are lies?

Why thank you Kathleen as always for contributing. Also, Business Social Network | Brand Yourself Online (http://www.apsense.com) is not a scam either as they've paid me $50 already just for social networking and stuff. Another major website that is not a scam at all is of course Post Free local online promotion Classified ads | | Online Classified jobs, cars, housing, furniture,and other services | AdlandPro (http://www.adlandpro.com) and instead it is a big blessing as not only can you promote your programs but you can also build relationships, learn things & have many friends!

P.S. And Kathleen Vanbeekom has been a huge supporter of me and my forums, as well as a fanta-bulous online friend for at least 5 years now. I trust her with my life, literally!

P.S. And Kathleen Vanbeekom has been a huge supporter of me and my forums, as well as a fanta-bulous online friend for at least 5 years now. I trust her with my life, literally! :shocked:

Hi Stephen,

This is a great idea.

I know this one is a good one.

http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=vx22utyvqyp9
I haven't been a member for too long, but I know it is not a scam site. :RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:
http://www.realscam.com/f8/justbeenpaid-profitclicking-810/

Thanks Myrna, how can anyone not trust a young lady like you with a gorgeous smile? Cheers! Steve

How naïve are you Stephen, it is the same picture she has had up there for over 7 years and are you even sure it is the real thing??

Hi Steve !

Hi, I'm Andrey, I live in Ukraine, but the business is based in the western sector of the Internet.

I recently discovered the Fast Lane Commission Money Network and I was amazed how good it is performing and easy to use. Fast Lane Commission (http://fastlanecommission.com/realtime.php?s1=invite)

Hold on, there is more to come!!

scratchycat
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Good morning Stephen, Kathleen and anyone else reading what is being said about scams, "scam" reporting sites etc.

As many if not all of you are very aware, I am not in any of these "programs" so I have nothing to gain nor to lose by stating my thoughts on this subject.

The reality as I see it is that what you are doing is working and like any job offline there is a category for that job. You earn commissions when you tell people about your particular "store", "product" or "service" and the bonus is that when you use these products/services yourself, then your credibility goes up a thousand fold.

Whew..that was a mouthful.

For all the great people you will meet on the web, you are also going to meet people who are negative, angry, hurtful and disgruntled for whatever reason and who are going to go out of their way to do what they can to ruin your day, to ruin your credibility and to ruin your life.

This happened to Adland and while I do not know the ins and outs to how it all started ( I don't want to know btw), Adland was made into a monster full of this that and the other. In the process people...good people got caught up in the nastiness and they were also attacked. NOT GOOD!
Forum marketing or Forum social marketing is something that has been used by many people for lots of reasons, but to many who do not grasp the concept,they will think that "blasting ads" is the way to be seen and it can create a bad impression. It truly is up to the experienced people on Adland to start teaching people/helping people learn how to be social, how to converse about many topics and to learn the power of forums/social networking that will turn Adland into a great (er) community and the added bonus is that to the individual members will be seen with greater credibility.

Back to the topic and sorry for digressing.....

I read a comment on WOT that I feel people should read and should take into consideration. When I went to GDI ..yep a poor rating on all levels..yikes! As it is my nature (the blogger in me...lol) I read through the comments and this one caught my eye. It is so well written and it makes very good points that I am putting it here........

WOT ratings are no longer accurate and can not be trusted. I hate to admit it, but WOT has been corrupted by uneducated, misinformed, and sometimes intentional sabotage reviews. This is the second site I got involved in that has a poor WOT rating because someone thought they knew what they were talking about. I am a member of GDI and although their marketing techniques on some of their promotional sites are kinda in your face, the company is legit, solid, honest, and provides a good opportunity for individuals to make extra money.
Dear WOT Admin,

Please find a way to make your ratings more accurate and more useful. When I first started using your plugin I thought it was great. The more active I become on the internet I see many sites getting poor ratings just because someone felt like giving them a poor rating. I know this does not stop me from visiting this site, but throws a big warning sign in my face and I have to do more research before I can trust the site when all along the site was perfectly trustworthy and a handful of WOT users tarnished that sites name using your system."

On a personal level...I am truly sorry that so many people have been hurt and I hope that things will get better for you in all ways!

P.S. have you considered going to the owners of these places and demanding that all references to you be removed? I will say it is one thing to talk about a business, but when it is made personal, then that might be considered defamation? #justsaying

That last sentence is really laughable. Geez, the way that woman has treated people over the years... And the fact that she has already tried that one! One more naïve person wearing those rose-colored alp glasses, sigh...

But grab onto your seat, the KCV responds:

Diane,

We cannot find the owner of RealScam because they are hiding behind Domains By Proxy, a branch of GoDaddy. I did contact them last year and got no help.

The main moderator of RealScam was also no help, actually very belligerent and she created an account here at Adlandpro to also harass me here a year ago.

Anyone with a brain in their head online will do their thinking for themselves and not let the opinions of cartoon-characters do their thinking for them.

Any "scam discussion" site that engages in harassment of individual marketers, especially successful marketers, because the "scam discussers" can't prove a business is a scam, is just proving that the "scam discussion" site is a scam itself.

The internet sheeple mentality has gone over the edge, beyond critical mass.

Do you know how people used to determine if a business was a scam in the "olden days" before the internet?

They'd JOIN the business and see how it worked, if it worked, and communicate with the owner.

EZ Wealth Solution usually only costs $10 to join, right now it's a $5 joining special this month. Any "scam discusser" who isn't willing to join $5 or $10 businesses and make an in-depth study, should not be calling themselves a "scam discusser".

Mail-order studies of 15 or 20 years ago, and even now today, are made by people who are willing to put in the money to join businesses and study them for 30 days or more. If "scam discussers" are not willing to put in a few dollars per month and a few hours per day for 30 consecutive days to really study 12 businesses per year from the inside, unwilling to spend $60 to $120 per year, and make competent reviews and gain a competent audience, then they are NOT "scam discussers", they are just lazy, flat broke, incompetent, unknowledgeable people with a lack of longterm commitment and lack of credibility that they are trying to instill into the heads of any other unknowledgeable people who read their uselessness.

Hi Kathleen, I can hear your anger and frustration and for that I am sorry.

If you are being harassed on Adland, then the best suggestion I can give is to report that person and get the admin to help you?

In a community, whether it be online or offline, there are times when people do not get along, but if you are being attacked, then please get help!

Of course I know that you are doing the best you can and will continue to hope that you will overcome these obstacles in a way that will prove to be positive.

Have a good Monday..can you believe it...Monday...yikes!

Diane,

That was a year ago, the issue was resolved a year ago. The issue is with RealScam and other "scam discussion" sites and the ignoramuses who populate them, not Adlandpro. Read my previous post.

I think we were typing at the same time...lol, got to love conversations

You hit on a point that needs to be made that is how people used to do things offline..They actually made the effort to join something, get training and if things were not working they could talk to real people and get help.

You are soooo right, now a days people join anything and everything with the expectation that they will make a million bla bla bla. If I am sounding facetious, it is not my intent. I am concerned to be honest that people are indeed sheeple, but more important people are also desperate and they think that they do not have to do the work. After all they have been sold a bill of goods perpetuated by smooth talking hawksters saying so many things it is hard to know what to think!

The people who are to be respected the "true" marketers know that just like any job, it takes work and learning all aspects to the craft and then making it work for them and others.

The reality is that marketing in general, internet marketing specifically is something to be seen with suspicion and yet what people need to really understand is that there are so many products and services online that are reputable, that are of value and can be used by many and if you can make some extra money, by talking about them, using them..then yay!

As I have said before and will say again, it is through talking to people ( such as yourself, Stephen and I know others) that people can learn how to do things, that people can share their thoughts and get questions answered.

There are always going to be those who are going to be poison, who will do all they can to bring a person down..that is a fact of life off line and online..we can give up and be angry or we can make a decision and show them wrong!

It has been good talking to you Kathleen, but now I have to get more Christmas baking done... have a great day!

Hi Everyone

I think I've seen my share of Scam people promoting here on Adland and other marketing site... The kind of people promoting Scam are having all the same attitude...making money fast, don't care about anything/anybody and are not willing to invest time into a longterm solid residual income.

This 2 companies are NO SCAM and I'm part of for years.

productbanner-nu-dermagold141.gif

AmericanDreamNutrition (http://www.BestHealthMarketing.com)

and

Fusion on the GO.jpg

http://www.TourTalkFusion.com/1379497

Merry Christmas to you

Chris

Well RS members what do you think??

Soapboxmom
12-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Kathleen is a liar. The earnings claimed for her EZWealth scam say it all. They are completely documented on here for those that get all lathered up by some math!

http://www.realscam.com/f9/how-legit-ez-wealth-solution-kathleen-vanbeekom-promoter-533/

path2prosperity
12-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Kathleen is a liar. The earnings claimed for her EZWealth scam say it all. They are completely documented on here for those that get all lathered up by some math!

http://www.realscam.com/f9/how-legit-ez-wealth-solution-kathleen-vanbeekom-promoter-533/

Remember that she has to share what trickles of income she does get from the scam with fellow EZ promoters in Scamland like Pauline Frye and Mose Hardy for starters.

scratchycat
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
"This is a message I got when people who think for themselves read the crud at "scam-discussion" sites:

Hi Kathleen,
My name is Cor___ T_____.
I'm looking at Lotto Magic through your affiliate site.
I've been kind of "stalking you" - or at least your online presence
for the last couple of days.
I notice you have a few "haters" on one forum I visited - I don't
think they hate you, just the
way you have chosen to earn online. Don't know anything about them,
but assume they are part of the
97% who don't make it online. I think they are part of the "hate MLM
group" online who just don't get it.
Also checked out your site "http://www.topbiztoday.com/"
CB Pro Ads and Doba look interesting to me for a future time. Right
now Lotto Magic has my full attention.

LOL! That's just one of many. I wish more people had brains like that guy!"

Brains?? :duh: The "haters" kcv are the ones exposing your trash and causing you to lose money from scamming other people. :watching_you:

ommunity.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2585574/Share-if-a-Website-is-a-Scam-or-Not-please/1.aspx

Lil Ol' Radical Me
12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Sad to say this all looks like a "he/she is my friend and so cant be a scammer" kind of thread. They happen all over the place on forums and people have still not wised up to the harsh realities of the internet. We do not really know each other and anyone can be anything whilst sitting at their computer in their pjs. Not everyone is hiding behind a false identity, but there are many more who project the side of themselves they wish to present and do and say things they would never think to do face to face with people they know.

People frequently believe that their internet friendships have the same quality of commitment to loyalty and integrity as their offline ones and that these commitments are clear. They are not. People have many agendas for writing on internet forums and having internet faces and friendships. It does not mean that they are all bad, many can be positive and life enhancing, but internet users need to understand that it is far easier to cheat or lie and get away with it on the internet than it is face to face. They also need to understand that people have many facets and on the internet in social forums we only see one.

IMHO (not very H really. lol) social forums with "business" mixed in are especially pernicious as people think they know who they are dealing with and they do not. They only know one facet.

When is comes to ad hominem attacks on people, they probably wouldn't have the guts.

This part of the conversation did catch my eye though.

I notice you have a few "haters" on one forum I visited - I don't
think they hate you, just the
way you have chosen to earn online. Don't know anything about them,
but assume they are part of the
97% who don't make it online.

The part in bold is a truism (as has already been commented on another thread) because the solution is to cut off the head of the snake. The problem is with the founders, major promoters and enablers of scams and the rest are just sheeple of varying degrees of innocence or knowledge of what they are doing.

The young lady at Adland Pro who feels so wronged would do better to provide solid proof of the legality and sustainability of EZ Wealth instead of crying "not fair". Demonstrate a product with intrinsic value and an earning system which is fair to all members. That would stop any accusations of scamming from being justified on Real Scam and everywhere else on the world wide net. It's that simple.

To make an easy comparison, Walmart, Starbucks, Amazon, Google and many other legitimate businesses are taking major flack worldwide for poor labor and fiscal practices amongst other issues at present. They will have to sort it out one way or the other. They will have to defend themselves with facts (or changes in direction if the accusations are proved) or damage their reputations. What they cannot do is yell "not fair - someone is being beastly to me" if they continue with the practices that they are being criticized for.

Neither can the promoter of an online program which is accused with factual and mathematical evidence of being a fraud, illegal, or unsustainable cry "not fair". They are obliged to defend their programs with solid facts that prove the accusations are false or own up and admit that maybe their "businesses" are not so clean as they are claiming them to be. What they cant do is have it both ways.

ccole
12-14-2012, 01:52 PM
WOT, it is not accurate anymore. Ratings are very manipulative. We can even create dummy accounts just to decrease the credibility of a website which is really performing well in terms of products and service they offer.

scratchycat
12-15-2012, 09:44 AM
WOT, it is not accurate anymore. Ratings are very manipulative. We can even create dummy accounts just to decrease the credibility of a website which is really performing well in terms of products and service they offer.

Are there any good ones out there? I feel if Norton gives my site the green checkmark that is good and Google SEO tools rate 100 score, I rely on that.