PDA

View Full Version : Glad to have found this fanta-bulous online community

MartinezShopper.ws
12-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone, in real life most of my friends, co-workers & family describe me as a "helper." It truly is very enjoyable to help my co-workers, my friends, my family, strangers with what little tidbit of info or project that I might be able to shed some light on. I have been told over and over that I should listen more and talk less. That's why I have 2 ears and 1 mouth ha. Now that was mainly my offline life where I am an accountant by day and a computer geek by night ha. I always enjoy taxes, preparing not paying them. Now when it comes to my online activities let's face it, my day job is great and all, but it doesn't fully make ends meet, so I have for many, many years (10+) been looking for ways to supplement my income and build a residual income.

Alas, my approach is not always the best, and I admit that. I have been accused of being a spammer, a scammer, too blatant with my ads, and so forth. I'll admit to ALL of the above (for which I profusely apologize), except for scammer. I am NOT a scammer. I like most of us have been burned by an online website promising to pay you. In fact I did reach the $100 payout with Google Adsense only THEN to find out that I had violated the Terms of Service and thus would not be paid. Now boy did that tick me off (smile). But bottom-line is over these 10+ years I have learned what works and what doesn't, what pays & what doesn't, what is legit (scam) & what isn't.

I have been a member of not only dozens of programs such as paid-to-read emails (lost my behind on at least of half of them before realizing they only pay pennies anyway, and then sticking mainly to ones like Hits4Pay that are proven), online surveys, mystery shopping, blogs, forums, communities, and network marketing. I am also a member of 20+ social networking sites including the infamous Adlandpro, Facebook, Digg, Wink, Bebo, Hi-5, and tons of others. I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Finally, I agree with other comments that I have seen that there are indeed a lot of scams out there. So whereas maybe 90% of the stuff we see out there is bogus perhaps, if we all continue to work together to snuff things out and report them and get them cleaned up, the net will be a much better & safer place for ALL of us, for us, our kids, our grandchildren, etc. The challenge is that for me personally even though I've been in 100+ programs at various points in my life, there are thousands or more out there, so most of the stuff that people post in my forums I cannot weigh in on and pass judgment on and clean up if I'm not familiar with the program or person (potential scammer).

So please help me. "Together we can!" Thanks, Steve Runningman Martinezshopper

scratchycat
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard Runningman!! I like that nickname or alias. We are happy to have you join us and hope that together we can expose the bad programs out there.

panther9
05-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi All, just joined and glad to have found a site dedicated to exposing the many scams out there and those that are really legit, if there is some; that it. I am also looking to learn what's new out there for myself and to help others that ask me about certain companies, schemes, etc. and I find out for them along with my general knowledge so I can help them not to be scammed and lose loads of money in the process. Thanks for the community network.

ribshaw
05-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Welcome panther9, you will find lots of great information here. Almost anything you find on line asking for money and promising huge returns is going to be a money losing proposition at best and a scam and illegal at worst. The ones that are legitimate are the ones that are work an pay you like a worker. There are a few posters here like Just Too Much Time and kschang that have external blogs that are will worth reading.