PDA

View Full Version : Getting juiced by beverages

BruceShuell
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
How many MLM juice/beverage companies ARE there? Monavie, Zrii, Yoli, Mandura, Goji and all the Vitamin companies that sell vitamin drinks and now I run into a NEW one...124online. Catchy name...just makes me scream juice!

I'm guessing there may be hundreds and each and eveyone of them is the best! Who's actually buying this crap?

I wanted to check out this 124online miracle but the website wouldn't download (that must be good for business) so I looked at 'Mandura' - a concoction of powerful exotic fruits that no one ever heard of before MLM. Except for the humble blueberry that now, thanks to MLM, is an established 'superfruit.' All the blueberry growers in Maine owe MLMs a sincere thank you.

I went to a Mandura site to see if I wanted a bottle. One bottle - 30.00. and it doesn't mention how much is IN the bottle. Thinking it must be a BIG bottle for 30 bucks I clickd on the link to buy. Nope. I have to have a sponsor to buy a bottle.

I don't want a sponsor. A sponsor might want my email or worse...my phone number. So too bad for you Mandura! I'll try MonaVie next. Maybe they are cheaper and have even better super fruits to change my life and make me super slim and full of vitality.

Which juice is YOUR favorite?

Doc Bunkum
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Orange juice

Lightbulb
07-07-2010, 05:33 PM

100% Concord grape juice

Which is NOT the same as the Welch's bottle of 100% grape juice.

BruceShuell
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Those can't be very good juices.....they are so cheap and natural.

BruceShuell
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I guess Monavie is not for me either. Their website doesn't even list a price and you know if you have to ask you probably can't afford it. Then I find out it's nicknamed the Purple Horror. Not very appetizing.

"Physician Andrew Weil and nutritionist Jonny Bowden claim that the nutritional and health benefits of MonaVie juice are not proven and that the product is exorbitantly priced relative to more cost-effective conventional polyphenol-rich foods, such as blueberries, raspberries, and pomegranates.[2][3] According to Men’s Journal, a nutritional analysis conducted by ChromaDex, an independent contract testing laboratory, showed that MonaVie Active juice "tested extremely low in anthocyanins and phenolics" and that "even apple juice (which also tested poorly) has more phenolics".[4] The report also noted that "MonaVie’s vitamin C level was 5 times lower than that of Welch’s Grape Juice," a product priced at a fraction of the cost of MonaVie for the same serving volume."

"A clinical case report showed an association between MonaVie ingestion throughout pregnancy and prenatal closure of the ductus arteriosus resulting in cardiac hypertrophy and dysfunction (pulmonary hypertension) at birth.[24] Monavie Active may cause fluctuations in blood clotting (prothrombin time) in patients treated with warfarin or other coumadin blood thinners; avoidance of this combination has therefore been recommended."

Hmmm....the search continues.

walksthedogs
07-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Which juice is YOUR favorite? Juice blends I make myself in my juicer.
Whatever fruit I happen to have in the kitchen - it's all good! :RpS_smile:

Those can't be very good juices.....they are so cheap and natural. Lolz!

iamwil
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Which juice is YOUR favorite?Ours is $50 a bottle retail...and 32 oz in the bottle. I can only buy for $35 (by the case) but new customers can knock another $5 off...

Juice blends I make myself in my juicer.
Whatever fruit I happen to have in the kitchen - it's all good! :RpS_smile:Lolz! Mine currently is one sweet potato, four carrots, an apple, a little ginger and a couple celery stalks....yum.