PDA

View Full Version : Marketing - What the Heck is this One!!??

scratchycat
11-12-2012, 12:07 PM
For months now I have been getting feeds from this person and I still am not sure how I got his emails but being a Kindle author, it caught my attention. At first all the links he sent took me to a page to watch a video, so that was out. He was also telling how many downloads of his books happened in minutes after he listed them... Okay, red flag, is this true?? Yet, I decided to keep a watch out for this and just today there is an ad showing up on Facebook. Here is part of the big hype:

World Marketing Event (http://trafficandconversionsummit.com/joinB.php?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook%20Ad&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=[TC%20Event]%20[Facebook]%20[Prospect%20List]&Contact0LeadSourceId=2606&email=)

We Have The Answers!!

Hi, my name is Ryan Deiss

and I'm the founder of DigitalMarketer.com and creator of the “Traffic and Conversion Summit."

But more importantly, I'm a business owner, investor, blogger and a proud marketing professional. So, I understand what it's like to be who you are and do what you do.

You see, in my experience, most of the so-called “marketing conferences” are taught by journalists and researchers who (frankly) are better at talking about marketing than they are at actually DOING MARKETING.

They don't know what it's like to risk their own time and their own money…

…they just know how to report on what REAL business-people are doing.

If you go to that link and continue reading, you will see just why this person's adrenalin is up by 6,0000 points:

The Fee To Attend the Traffic and Conversion Summit Is $2,997

BUT KEEP READING… AS YOU'RE ABOUT TO SEE YOU WON'T NEED TO INVEST THAT FULL AMOUNT TODAY (OR POSSIBLY EVER!)

(NOTE: A "buddy in the business," a next-door neighbor, or a JV partner DOES NOT constitute an actual business partner. If you would like to bring a friend, discounted guest tickets will be made available after you purchase your ticket.)

Now if you noticed, I didn't do a long, drawn-out price justification.

That's because if your initial reaction was anything other than "Wow, that's A LOT less than I thought it would be…"

…then chances are you aren't ready and you don't qualify.

Here's the deal: I don't mean to sound cocky, but my team and I are some of the only "Internet marketing gurus" who actually make more money DOING Internet marketing than we do TEACHING it.

That's a fact that very, very few "gurus" can claim.

Okay, that is part of it, I just presented it, you decide...

scratchycat
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Ryan Deiss Amazon Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Ryan+Deiss)

Make a Killing (http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Without-Blogging-Facebook-Twitter/dp/0984916172/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352740421&sr=8-2&keywords=Ryan+Deiss)

Now who does this remind you of?

scratchycat
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Here we go and I believe this guy has it about right.

Ryan Deiss Perpetual Traffic Accident (http://saltydroid.info/ryan-deiss-perpetual-traffic-accident/)

Done and done.

Okay … maybe just a little more … while we’re already on the subject …

Ryan :: and his gay little cartel of co-conspirators :: are fake-scarcity launching another frauduct destined to enrich a few a**holes at the expensive of heaping suffering on the many. It’s how Ryan helps to make the world a better place. His own version of What Would Jesus Do? :: only in this version Jesus is a hypocritical narcissistic sociopath who thrills on the suffering of others :: blessed be his name.

The current scam is about pretend telling people how they can get “Perpetual Traffic” utilizing only Google organic results. You’ll be rich :: Rich I tells ya! :: RICH … biatch!

High level robot investigations {lasting up to 10 minutes} have discovered “The Secret” to this perpetual organic traffic system. These investigations led to multiple penetrations … of the data … and the numbers could be heard screaming far into the hypotenuse. And to take that argument one step further … rhombus.

Oh yeah :: anywayz “the secret” to organic perpetual unicorns :: it’s link building. Ooh là **** là! Duh like ten years ago! The idea is to build up links around targeted keywords and then generate traffic from Google searches for those keywords. Fine. I’m sure if Ryan is qualified to sell a $2000 frauduct on the subject :: then he’s putting it into practice himself in his main businesses. Because while we may fight and secretly hate each other :: I think we can all agree that free traffic is the best traffic.

(edited by me)

scratchycat
11-13-2012, 12:41 PM
These "gurus" never miss an opportunity do they?? Talk about hitting when times are rough.

Considering many of the folks on the East
Coast were without power for much of the
last two weeks (not to mention that whole
Presidential election thing)...

...we've decided to extend the Early Bird
special on Traffic & Conversion tickets
until midnight, November 15th:

Traffic & Conversion Summit 2013 - Best Interactive Marketing Conference (http://www.drivingtraffic.com/early-bird-extended)

That's 50% off, people!

But only for the next 48 hours….so get
your tickets now before the price goes
back up on Thursday!

Traffic & Conversion Summit 2013 - Best Interactive Marketing Conference (http://www.drivingtraffic.com/early-bird-extended)

Talk soon,

Ryan Deiss

(received by email)

path2prosperity
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
These "gurus" never miss an opportunity do they?? Talk about hitting when times are rough.

Talk soon,

Ryan Deiss

(received by email)

He may have said something to make us think "scratchy." He speaks of dangers ahead for Internet. Bad news for them could be excellent news for real marketers.

I would like to learn a great deal more about the things that he does not want to happen. Can RS members help out?

Will changes in email deliverability standards turn your mailing list into a ghost-town?
Will quality score changes at Facebook and Google render your outbound marketing efforts totally impotent?
Will sweeping affiliate regulations and the “Death of SEO” mark the end of free and cheap targeted traffic?

scratchycat
11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
He may have said something to make us think "scratchy." He speaks of dangers ahead for Internet. Bad news for them could be excellent news for real marketers.

I would like to learn a great deal more about the things that he does not want to happen. Can RS members help out?

Will changes in email deliverability standards turn your mailing list into a ghost-town?
Will quality score changes at Facebook and Google render your outbound marketing efforts totally impotent?
Will sweeping affiliate regulations and the “Death of SEO” mark the end of free and cheap targeted traffic?

Here is your chance to find out P2P:
Just Make a $997 ($497 Early-bird price) Deposit TODAY and Pay the Rest AFTER You've Had Time To Put These Strategies To the Test

scratchycat
11-13-2012, 03:08 PM
This person just sounds so much like Kevin Trudeau when he was pushing all his "They Don't Want You to Know" books.

Infomercial king Kevin Trudeau, who got rich promoting what he claims are natural cures for just about every medical condition, has finally met a malady no amount of echinacea is going to put right: The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld a lower court's decision that Trudeau must pay a $37.6 million fine for fibbing.

Trudeau, in an interview with ABC News, says he intends to fight on to defend his First Amendment right to speak and write freely, taking his appeal, if necessary, to the Supreme Court. His only "crime," he says, is telling truths that challenge big pharma and other entrenched interests.

That $37 million is the amount courts and FTC say consumers were defrauded by what they term deceptive infomercials used by Trudeau to promote his book "The Weight Loss Cure 'They' Don't Want You to Know About."

Trudeau is also is author of "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About," "Free Money 'They' Don't Want You to Know About," and other titles on things about which "They" would just as soon you remained ignorant. Some have been best-sellers.

---
The FTC's war with Trudeau began 1998, when Trudeau was charged with making what a commission statement calls "false and misleading claims in infomercials for products he claimed could cause significant weight loss and cure addictions to heroin, alcohol, and cigarettes, and enable users to achieve a photographic memory." Five years later, the FTC charged him with falsely claiming in infomercials that Coral Calcium Supreme could cure cancer.

Trudeau's response consistently has been that he is being persecuted by the government, by the pharmaceutical industry and others for daring to tell the truth—for example, that you don't need to spend money on drugs to cure or prevent disease; you can accomplish the same thing with herbs and foods and lifestyle changes.

Infomercial King Kevin Trudeau Fined $38 Million - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/infomercial-king-kevin-trudeau-fined-38-million/story?id=15190814)

It is all about hype and guru marketing.

path2prosperity
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Here is your chance to find out P2P:
Just Make a $997 ($497 Early-bird price) Deposit TODAY and Pay the Rest AFTER You've Had Time To Put These Strategies To the Test

It sounds as if changes that he spells out as a danger would suit me down to the ground. I have been trying to turn my mailing list into a ghost town for a long time. Nothing but final curtains can render my marketing impotent as I develop contacts by pesonal contact or reading quality web sites. I could not think of anything that would please me more online than no "Internet Marketing".