PDA

View Full Version : Ad Surf Daily (ASD) and the crook named Andy Bowdoin

Wizzard7
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Although ASD and its owner,Thomas Anderson Bowdoin, Jr. have lost their civil Forfeiture case, they continue to appeal the court's decision. At one time or another, Bowdoin told the members of ASD that he will fight for the money will everything he had. Only problem was everything he had, he took from the members, including a condo, cars, personal watercraft, more cars, and an $800,000 building that was only really worth maybe $300K.

I bring this up mostly because the Appeals process is as silly and nonsensical as the Civil Forfeiture case, and they are asking for more time to file a case brief they have know was due for over a month! Idiots!!

Plus during the Civil case, Bowdoin and his co-conspirator family members started Ad View Global (AVG), which has also tanked; he may well also be involved in Ad Pay Daily, as the structure is virtually identical to ASD (although APD claims it is a new and wondrous business model).

This old con man cannot go to jail fast enough for most of the membership of ASD, and here is repeatedly stalls the legal process, spending hundreds of thousand of the money he stole to stay out of jail. I hope he and his liver spots rot in prison and soon!!

GlimDropper
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Great topic Wizzy, thanks.

In some ways it's hard for anyone who wasn't "there" to understand what the fascination is with this case. Thomas "Andy" Bowdoin is a career con man who shifted from one scam to another in a furtive and seeming hopeless effort to make it big. But in his early seventies he finally started stealing enough money to stop leaching off his wife's flower shop earnings and had close to 100 million of other peoples dollars when the secret service closed him down in August of 2008.

There are any number of ways to dissect this case, with many valuable insights. Perhaps others will be along to lend their own. I see it as the triumph and downfall of Pavlov's dog. I didn't matter what the bell sounded like, if you feed someone regularly enough they will salivate any time you ring it. Andy was running a ponzi scheme, pure and simple but his real achievement was being able to keep it running long enough that it almost didn't matter what lies he told, people were still getting paid so anything he said was almost literally golden. The law caught up to him just a little before the laws of mathematics would have and because of that many of his psychologically conditioned followers blamed the government for closing the scam down. Enough so that even while Ad Surf Daily was losing it's court case Andy, and his family were able to open a clone of the program in Uruguay where they'd be safe from our evil government. Safe from our government maybe, safe from the laws of mathematics, never. It didn't last six months before they cut and ran taking any money they had with them.

It's truly unusual to see a scammer hold such loyalty from the people he has scammed. It is hard to admit our mistakes but until Andy led his followers off a second cliff in a single year he commanded a level of respect and devotion that defies exaggeration. It would almost be like if Bernie Madoff's victims marched on Washington demanding his freedom because if he was still investing their money they'd still be making 20% a year return on investment, at least on paper.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
The other issue about the Secret Service raid and subsequent Government action against Thomas Andy Bowdoin and AdSurfDaily that has made this so fascinating is that the ASD case will possibly set a legal precedent for the way that ponzi autosurfs are deal with by law enforcement in the future.

In spite of the successful prosecutions of 12 Daily Pro and CEP, the reach of the punishments dealt out by the courts and the government receivers was confined to the owners of the schemes and some minor clawbacks from major promoters. In addition the case was brought by the SEC for the sale of unregistered securities.

In the ASD case, the raid was made by the Secret Service, the civil case was brought by Federal Government on charges of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. In addition the Federal Government is empowered to bring criminal charges. The c ivil forfeiture case is now closed and the monies that were recovered are in the hands of the US Government for eventual restitution to the victims of the ponzi scheme. However, the criminal case has still not been resolved. It is only when this happens that we will finally see the full extent to which the US Government is prepared to go to punish the participants of schemes like this.

Andy Bowdoin and his henchmen are going to extraordinary lengths to delay the inevitable - long prison sentences - and have already resorted to the most bizarre defences, supportedn by tax deniers and other assorted cranks. However there will be a day of reckoning in the criminal courts at the end of the day and then we will see how they are punished.

The civil trial of ASD has already had the effect of "pushing offshore" the next series of ponzi autosurfs. This is not legal if it involves promotion to US citizens and some participants of earlier schemes are waking up a little to the fact that this is not going to be the goose that lays the golden egg for much longer. Others are too hardened or deeply entrenched in the autosurf culture (or make too much money out of it) and a few are still in denial that they were caught out and conned by a pro (however unlikely he might seem to be).

There is one other issue that has also been the subject of discussion on some boards and blogs and that is the question of "who is behind" people like Bowdoin - who was certainly not the brightest crayon in the box in his previous career as a conman. Patrick Pretty has written a couple of articles about the Steroidal Puppeteers.

Our Theory Of The AdSurfDaily Case: Steroidal Puppeteers (http://patrickpretty.com/2009/02/11/our-theory-of-the-adsurfdaily-case-steroidal-puppeteers/)

and

UPDATE: The Theory Of ‘Steroidal Puppeteers’ (http://patrickpretty.com/2009/09/14/update-the-theory-of-steroidal-puppeteers/)

People like Andy Bowdoin are always the publicly known front men for the schemes that become well known and "successfull" but these people alone are not generally capable of achieving anything like the level of notoriaty that ASD and other like businesses have achieved.

ASD was pretty much undiscovered - it was described as "a sleeper" until it was "launched" onto the network marketing world and the internet public. Many other schemes never become publically known, but fly under the radar until they burn out, leaving the leaders in profit and the rest with losses.

It is suspected that, behind all these financially "successful" schemes is a group of people, possibly the same people on many ocassions who we never hear about or read about or hear from, but without whom the autosurf industry couldnt exist.

Now that the political climate towards ponzi schemes has changed and they are officially considered a public lacre, the dealing of the ASD case may set a precedent for the autosurf world that the Steroidal Puppeteers will not like one bit

uvbindun
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
How long did you enjoy the fruits of Andy Bowdoin's labour's, Alasycia?

GlimDropper
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
How long did you enjoy the fruits of Andy Bowdoin's labour's, Alasycia?

Hmm, there aren't all that many ASD related trolls and even fewer still who try to stalk someone like Alasycia, are you "Uncle Festa" perhaps? I have more than one reason to believe you are and that's enough reason to add our name to the long list of sites that have banned you. However I would be flattered if you added me to your youtube slander channel, thanks.

(oh wait, this is the first chance I got to use my "ban hammer" smilie: :judge: )

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
What an honor to be the one of the reasonbehind your first banner hammer smilie! lol I guess Fester has found us. Or maybe he has cloned himself.

Yes, most people who have been following the ASD drama are aware that, until the raid, I was one of their cheerleaders, of which I am thoroughly ashamed. I fell hook line and sinker for Uncle Andy's "sincere professionalism" (That was his image when he first started ASD. The onstage heroics and call to godliness were part of the second incarnation of ASD) The only source of relief I have is that I never took any money out and am not aware of anyone I recruited losing lots of money, but that is not much consolation.

However, thanks to fact that, like many others, I am capable of reading and understanding government charges, and also to the patience of many of the anti scammers who used to post on scam.dot.com, Patrick Pretty and others who really care about their work, it was not difficult to learn how and why ASD was in fact a ponzi. It was a necessary wake up call and a great learning curve and one that only reinforced my wish to stamp out all scams, and not just the ones I understood easily.

Unlike those who have never been scammed in their life, sometimes someone who has been on the receiving end is ocasionally better able to explain to those who are still victims or about to become victims what they are not seeing about a so called business.

One thing that has been a lesson has been this - insulting newbie victims of scams is not always the best path to educating them and protecting them for the future and is often counter productive. Better to assume they are ignorant of the real facts and educate them. This is especially true on public forums, where other victims and potential victims go to find out about a business. Belittling those people only makes anti scammers look mean and vindictive and casts serious doubt on their intentions to work against fraud, because even when they are right, their vicous tones makes them sound wrong.

The same recommendation does not, of course, apply to the professional leeches or ponzi wh*res who make a living out of promoting one after another scam. They are criminals and not victims and do not deserve respect on any forum or blog or in any other place they go.

Emet
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
I was one of their cheerleaders, of which I am thoroughly ashamed. I fell hook line and sinker for Uncle Andy's "sincere professionalism"

I understand your feelings, but many of us do not view your experience as something shameful. We feel empathy and compassion.

Unlike those who have never been scammed in their life, sometimes someone who has been on the receiving end is ocasionally better able to explain to those who are still victims or about to become victims what they are not seeing about a so called business.

This is certainly true.

One thing that has been a lesson has been this - insulting newbie victims of scams is not always the best path to educating them and protecting them for the future and is often counter productive. Better to assume they are ignorant of the real facts and educate them. This is especially true on public forums, where other victims and potential victims go to find out about a business. Belittling those people only makes anti scammers look mean and vindictive and casts serious doubt on their intentions to work against fraud, because even when they are right, their vicous tones makes them sound wrong.

Well said. Bravo!

Wizzard7
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Um, GlimDropper... Don't ever call me "Wizzy"..:RpS_mad:

I prefer "Omniscient One" or perhaps "Wizzardlyguy".. but never "Wizzy"

GlimDropper
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
My most profuse apologies oh great wanded one.

Never trifle in the affairs of wizzards,
it makes them soggy and hard to light.

Oh wait, or is it:

Please don't throw cigarettes in the urinals,
for they are subtle and quick to anger.

I hate it when I mix up my quotes.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Will "The Great Erudite" do, Wizzy?

Lil Ol' Radical Me
08-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Every scam has its apologists and its deniers. ASD has been especially marked by this phenomen.

This article by Patrick Pretty, which is an exclusive interview with his son, makes it abundantly clear that their protests, in spite of hard facts to the contrary, are unwarranted and inexcusable. His son explains that Bowdoin has been using religion and lies to con people all his life. Other family members have also pointed out that Bowdoin was not a buffoon, but a highly intelligent man without a conscience, which further corroborates the theory that he, along with others of his ilk, are sociopaths and dangerous.

Son Says AdSurfDaily’s Andy Bowdoin Used Religion To Fleece Masses And Disgraced Family Name; Huckster’s Scheming Dates Back To 1960s, Another Family Member Says; ‘He Has A Criminal Mind’ (http://patrickpretty.com/2010/08/16/son-says-adsurfdailys-andy-bowdoin-used-religion-to-fleece-masses-and-disgraced-family-name-hucksters-scheming-dates-back-to-1960s-another-family-member-says-he-has-a-criminal-mind/)

This is worth a read, not only to those following the ASD case, but to anyone who is interested in the type of people behind these financial scams.

EagleOne
10-05-2010, 11:09 PM
With the announcement the state of Florida has dropped its illegal pyramid charges against ASD has the die-hard faithful in a tither. Of course they got the info all messed up and claimed ASD had been cleared of being a Ponzi. Florida never claimed it was a Ponzi or had any charges filed saying so. So much for truth in advertising. The die-hards believe the feds will also throw in the towel soon, as Andy has then on the ropes with this Florida ruling. They also forgot that Florida dismissed it with prejudice meaning they can re-file this at any time they choose.

They also don't realize that the feds have not charged Andy or ASD with anything yet. All the current legal issues are civil and only deal with the asset seizure and forfeiture. But then the die-hards never did get anything right about the legal problems of ASD.

Like everyone else, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, and find out who all will be criminally charged in the ASD case. I think there are going to be some jaws dropping at the names; at least I hope so. Just don't expect much until the appeal is heard in November and a ruling is made. Then expect things to really heat up. Come Thanksgiving, we might all have something to be really grateful for to give thanks.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
And just in from another thread.

http://www.realscam.com/f20/asd-remissions-arena-joined-cpa-firm-promising-get-early-refunds-301/#post4297

It looks like the opportunists are starting to come out of the woodwork and we have the first of many people trying to cash in on the ASD remission program - to scam the already scammed.?

The only site for retrieving any money lost to ASD is the official Government Remissions Agent

Official ASD Remission Site (http://www.adsurfdailyremission.com/)

the Agents are Rust Consulting, Inc. and have been apointed by the US Gov to handled the remissions. Noone else has been named at present,.

Donna
11-08-2010, 02:14 AM
The official remissions site for Ad Surf Daily doesn't work. It comes up as an error.

littleroundman
11-08-2010, 02:36 AM
The official remissions site for Ad Surf Daily doesn't work. It comes up as an error.

Strange, it works for me:

www.adsurfdailyremission.com (http://www.adsurfdailyremission.com/)

EagleOne
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Well, Andy Bowdoin was arrested today and had five counts of wire fraud, one count of securities fraud, and one count of unlawful sale of unregistered securities. If convicted, Bowdoin faces a maximum sentence of 125 years in prison and fines of up to $6,260,000.

Now we hope the major pimps of this scam will also be arrested and charged with a misprision of a felony. Hopefully it won't be long until they are. I bet there are some pimps shaking in their collective boots with this news today. So much for all the charges being dropped and Andy has the feds on the run.

Soapboxmom
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Awesome news that we are also celebrating over here (http://www.realscam.com/f20/andy-bowdoin-arrested-320/)!

Soapboxmom

Lil Ol' Radical Me
12-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Excellent news Eagle. It is to be hoped that the next series of arrests are not far behind.

If he is not bailed, Bowdoin will probably eat better on Christmas Day, thanks to the US Prison Service, than some of his victims

Wizzard7
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Here's a link to the Release Order and the conditions Andy must abide by:

http://assets00.grou.ps/0F2E3C/wysiwyg_files/FilesModule/asdupdates/20101203100131-kyqzuypysuktsojqd/Doc3.pdf

WishfulThinking
12-03-2010, 10:23 PM
It would be good to believe that Thomas "Andy" Bowdoin gave a flying rat's a$$ for the terms of his bail.

Unfortunately, that is difficult. His credentials as a God fearing American are questionable. And that is putting it kindly.

Wizzard7
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
And not surprising to most of us, the "ASD Group" who filed all of those 'Motions to Intervene' in the ASD forfeiture case are now associated with a nonsensical claim filed in the Court of Claims, a complaint by Oesch and Leaming, asking for a penalty of $29.44 TRILLION dollars. I know, I didn't believe it either, but it's true.

littleroundman
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
asking for a penalty of $29.44 TRILLION dollars. I know, I didn't believe it either, but it's true.

I wonder if they'd settle their case for a measly 10 million or so.

snort !!!!

EagleOne
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
These idiots would probably settle for their filing fee back. and then claim a major victory over the illegal US fraudsters.

EagleOne
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
In the you can not make this up category comes this absolutely hilarious piece of news: The judge assigned the criminal trial for Andy Bowdoin is none other than, drum roll please.......Judge Rosemary Collyer. Not kidding. The same judge Andy said was 'incompetent, was bribed, and corrupt' when she was assigned to hear his Evidentiary hearing.

Wanna bet that Andy's lawyers do everything they can to try to get a different judge? LOL! What poetic justice!

GlimDropper
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Just a small bump to mention the preliminary motions in Andy's criminal trail are underway. Wizard7 is running a blog to keep us up to date. (Link) (http://asdupdates.wordpress.com/) He's also being kind enough to make the case files available to those of us without a Pacer account. (link) (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/home)

Thanks man. :)

Wizzard7
02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Most Welcome, Glim Dropper. I also want to add a small editorial post below; Patrick will soon publish a new article for his blog regarding the newly filed case documents.It seems Andy's lawyers are going to prove ASD does not pass the "Howey Test".

Well, folks, it seems Andy and his crack team of legal minds have finally filed their Motion to move the trial somewhere besides DC and Judge Collyer’s courtroom. They are only 13 days late. And just when you though it couldn’t get any more bizarre, the Motion was notarized by Judy Harris. Yes, folks, I said Judy Harris, Andy’s daughter-in-law, and co-conspirator in AVGA.

One of the reasons they use is that a trial in DC would cause Saint Uncle Andy “financial hardship” because the trial would last 6 weeks at least and possibly cost him around $51,000 in expenses. ARE THEY SERIOUS?? Andy has millions offshore, maybe more stashed around in cash and he is playing the financial hardship card??

What about the countless people he scammed, taking their life savings, their children’s college funds, and all hope for the future. If this shows nothing else, it proves Andy is, was, and always will be looking out for Andy alone. He also claims he and his wife are suffering from poor health. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you Andy, not after the things you have done while in this same poor health!! It didn’t stop you then, why should it be a reason now??

They also filed a Motion to Dismiss the case, which will certainly be denied. And the fun begins….

GlimDropper
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up Wizzard, Patrick has the article you mentioned up now:

URGENT >> BULLETIN >> MOVING: Accused Fraudster Andy Bowdoin Enters Defense That Could Provide Legal Cover For Autosurf Ponzi Schemes If He Wins Case; ASD Operator Claims Business Model Stands Up To ‘Howey Test’ Scrutiny

BULLETIN: In an argument that almost certainly will give comfort to operators of some of the most corrupt and insidious businesses on the Internet, AdSurfDaily President Andy Bowdoin has advised a federal judge that his company and business practices are legitimate because they stand up to scrutiny when the “Howey Test” is applied.

The full article is available on Patrick's blog. (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/02/01/urgent-bulletin-moving-accused-fraudster-andy-bowdoin-enters-defense-that-could-provide-legal-cover-for-autosurf-ponzi-schemes-if-he-wins-case-asd-operator-claims-business-model-stands-up-to/)

Wizzard7
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I can hardly wait for the AUSA's to respond to the recent filings by Andy and his defense team. As soon as I see it,. I'll let you know.

Wizzard7
02-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, the response to Andy's Motions are in and fairly lengthy. I have uploaded them here: Files (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents) website.

littleroundman
02-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Nothing like having your defense comprehensively rebutted by virtue of your own words and actions being used against you, is there, Mr Bowdoin ???

Not that I think for one minute it will alter Bowdoins' tactic of using any means possible to delay the inevitable.

GlimDropper
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Another Guenther Is Coming:

Thanks again to Wizzard7 for his ASD related file site (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents), today's addition is Tod Disner's "ASD Justice" call. Well worth a listen. Tod is a long time ASD stalwart and participant in at least two other ponzi schemes and he and his long time legal adviser "Dwight" are soliciting donations for (yet another) third party litigation effort to get the seized funds back from the government. Basically they are purposing Bob Guenther's ASDMBA version two and much like the original the only people to profit from it will be Tod and his lawyer.

Now honestly I think Bob's lawyer was a scumbag acting with very questionable legal ethics but he was at least honest enough to give his full name, I'm about half way through the call and so far Dwight's last name hasn't been mentioned. It appears that Dwight's key legal argument will be to attack the validity of the seizure but what I don't understand is why fight this in Florida courts rather than the federal venue where Andy's criminal trial is being held. Dwight also makes the same mistake that Bob used as a sales pitch for the ASDMBA, that the funds the government took were the members monies rather than Andy's. The implication being that if the seizure is somehow found to be flawed the money will go back to the members which is not only not legally correct but anyone following this case knows ASD's records are so completely screwed up it's doubtful a complete list of who is owed and how much exists. Dwight also is in error when he claims that undeposited checks made out to ASD and seized by the government should have been returned rather than pooled with the other seized funds.

The only small lack of a red flag on the call is the stated goal of pooling about $10,000 to fund the effort. If all they're angling for is 10 grand then I might suspect that Dwight is just a fairly incompetent lawyer and not an outright con man. But I rather doubt Tod and Dwight will be any more transparent with any funds they collect than Bob and Larry were. So if nothing else Dwight (no last name) esquire is drumming up some billable hours on a case he has no excuse for not knowing is hopeless. Just like Bob and Larry.

I'm almost all the way through the call and so far none of the (estimated) 170 people on the call has had the wit to ask Dwight's full name, but they all fell for Andy Bowdoin's sales pitch, what's one more scam to fall for? Dwight is "guarantying" refunds with only a mild backtrack, he's going to make himself some money at the expense of Andy's victims.

[Edit: Dwight's last name is eventually given, it's Schweitzer.]

GlimDropper
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Dwight Owen Schweitzer is an interesting man, but I don't think he's registered to practice law in the state of Florida. The Florida Bar Associations members search page (http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/MESearch) lists six Schweitzer's and Dwight isn't one of them. Dwight gave out his e-mail during the call, using that as a search term I found a link giving his middle name (http://www.floridajewish.com/speakout_display.php?title=Space+Shuttle+Disaster% 3F) and the also to a few of his own self published press releases like this one (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Former+Miami+Herald+Executive+Sues+The+Herald,+its +Publisher+and...-a0121228298). So I am confident that the "Dwight" on the call is Dwight Owen Schweitzer and that would make this one of his blogs (http://dwightowenschweitzer.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/my-current-cv-august-2010/). That, coupled with his myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/446424112) firmly establish his history in the state of Connecticut, which makes it rather highly likely that the Dwight Owen Schweitzer in this Hartford Judicial District Reprimand (http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:HG3ceyYtSNUJ:www.jud.ct.gov/SGC/decisions/08-1099.pdf+%22Dwight+Owen+Schweitzer%22&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShPj68XVXZZtZlDTilb_G4elXmBbEi_tHgv-om-VbZa3GzqKZQqyvyPwEE3RoHqKQWUVYfR9ZQrWlCbDxy3uiklgy WH3LSumkTpHRd0-3XfhQwvu1A0w6oXdD8835Hq_UdNd--o&sig=AHIEtbSblEmonwUDP5CTa3A_2u3br7xo7Q) is the same one selling his legal services to Andy's victims. From which I quote:

Rule 7.5(a) of the Rules of Professional Conduct states: "[a] lawyer shall not
use.. .letterhead...that violates Rule 7.1 ". Rule 7.1 states "A lawyer shall not make a false
or misleading communication about the lawyer or the lawyer's services. A communication
is false or misleading· if it. ..omits a fact necessary to make the statement considered as a
whole not materially misleading." IIi this case, the Respondent submitted letterhead to the
judge, which identified the Respondent as an attorney and counselor at law, licensed solely
in the state of Counecticut. The Respondent omitted the fact that his license has been
suspended since 2003. We find the fact that the Respondent's license was suspended to be
a fact necessary to make the statement that the Respondent had a· Connecticut license not
materially misleading. The orirission of said fact was materially misleading in violation of
Rule 7.1.

On the call I'm not sure Dwight ever called himself a lawyer but he did strongly give that impression and if he did he did so in error. An error he's been reprimanded for making in the past.

GlimDropper
02-24-2011, 09:29 PM
More professional misconduct from Mr.Schweitzer: (http://www.jud.ct.gov/SGC/decisions/000685.htm)

At that time the Respondent (Schweitzer) asked the Complainant for a loan of twenty-four thousand dollars ($24,000.00). The Complainant agreed to loan the Respondent twenty-four thousand dollars ($24,000.00). The Complainant endorsed the thirty thousand dollar ($30,000.00) check. The Respondent cashed the thirty thousand dollar ($30,000.00) check, retained twenty-four thousand dollars ($24,000.00) for himself, and forwarded the balance to the Complainant.

The Respondent drafted a promissory note and executed it to the benefit of the Complainant. The Respondent did not, however, advise the Complainant in writing that the Complainant should consider seeking the advice of independent counsel regarding the transaction. The Respondent has not complied with the terms of the promissory note.

This reviewing committee finds the following violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct by clear and convincing evidence:

The Complainant and the Respondent had an attorney-client relationship. The Respondent entered into a loan transaction with the Complainant without advising the Complainant in writing that he should consider seeking the advice of independent counsel in the transaction. The Respondent’s failure to advise the Complainant that he should consider seeking the advice of independent counsel in the loan transaction constitutes a violation of Rule 1.8(a)(2) of the Rules of Professional Conduct. Accordingly, we order that the Respondent be presented to the Superior Court for the imposition of whatever discipline the court may deem appropriate.
(The note in bold is my addition to the original quoted section.)

The loan was made in 1997, the grievance was filed in 2001. I wonder what the terms of the loan were?

Wizzard7
02-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Glim, his full name (as far as I can tell) is Dwight Owen Schweitzer. He seems to be a "former attorney", late of Connecticut and presently residing in Miami, the home town of the Disners. Todd's brother Bruce popped into the call to make some sort of a point, if only so people knew he was there. Sadly, the full call (all 1.5 hours of it) wouldn't upload all at once (86 meg) so I broke it down.

Another point made by these two is that ASD is a viable business model and ASD will be coming back.. Todd apparently has a direct line to Bowdoin, he mentioned a few times that he and Andy stay in contact. He also regurgitated the "fact" that Cowden, Taylor and the government knew they made a mistake, Andy is innocent, but they are too scared to admit the truth!! It didn't make any sense when posted on the now defunct "Surfs Up" forum, and it hasn't gained any credence so far. But, they seemed to get the participants lathered up and ready to buy more Ad Packs.

Absolutely amazing..... :RpS_huh:

littleroundman
02-25-2011, 12:16 AM
An estimated 170 "true believers" out of an estimated 100,000 "members"

Not what one would call an army of defenders.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
02-25-2011, 07:13 AM
LRM, the numbers involved may sound small, but when you consider that some of these people have access to tens of thousands more, through the use of Facebook, forums like AdlandPro where naysayers have no voice, and email lists, then the minority and its reach become larger. There are many victims who have no awareness of the online debate that has been going on Patrick Pretty's blog, scam dot com (in its day) and here. They only know about the email received from their upline telling them about the injustice created by the government and the Rust letter - if they received that.

A minority but a very insidious one. Having said that, it is quite extraordinary to think that there are a group of adults who honestly believe in the nonsense spouted by Disner (and Bowdoin).The issue of Dotson was, if I recall, already dealt with by the courts way back, as has the issue of "Our Money". As Glim rightly says, can any one say "Bob Guenther"?

On the subject of the Governments counter motion, Bowdoin's claims to ill health have been neatly rebutted.. His and his wife's health were not an impediment when they were travelling all over the States on rallies, or making trips down to Costa Rica (and maybe even Uruguay). Washington is far more accessible to the majority of the Government witnesses and Bowdoin cannot plead poverty when he has acknowledged the existence of considerable funds offshore and has been spending fortunes on legal fees.

It is to be hoped that Judge Collyer treats these new motions, and Bowdoin's latest with the brevity and elegance with which she has treated the rest of the previous "legal" ramblings and gives them a firm NO in as short a space of time as possible.

littleroundman
02-25-2011, 09:49 AM
LRM, the numbers involved may sound small, but when you consider that some of these people have access to tens of thousands more, through the use of Facebook, forums like AdlandPro where naysayers have no voice, and email lists, then the minority and its reach become larger.

I agree with you entirely, WRT the potential reach of the "170"

Fortunately,for all the genuine victims of this low life fraudster, whether there be 170, 1700 or 170,000 involved, reality says all the huffing and puffing, all the side issues and all the attempted scams within scams have not made one skerrick of difference.

Not one thing has panned out any different than it was always going to.

Things may be progressing slower than the TV generation may like, but NOTHING has been uncovered thus far which in any way contradicts the prosecutions' stated position.

In fact, on the contrary, IM(very)HO, Bowdoin is in a far worse position today than he was in August 2008.

GlimDropper
02-25-2011, 08:19 PM
First off, Howdy alasycia. :)

The more I think about Mr.Disner's "Justice" call the more depressing I find it. Two and a half years later Andy still has a faithful core falling for the same pack of lies. Dwight Schweitzer first joined the call from an open line and needed to call back in from a line that wouldn't be muted with all the riff raff. In the pause while Dwight called back in Todd, filling space and buoying the faithful said:

I'm pretty excited about it, I'm getting deeper into the innards of what happened. I've been talking to Andy and some of the leaders that are close to Andy and there are some very positive feelings about Ad Surf Daily right now. Of course we're going after this, we're competing with the government so it's going to be very iffy. But we know we're right so that's going to prevail.

That could have been posted in the "Surf's Up" forum two years ago. So little has changed and for some people, so little was learned.

As to Mr.Schweitzer, first of all to the best of my efforts I can find nowhere that he is licensed to practice law. He makes it clear that, after he gets enough donations he'll file his case against the government seizure pro se. I've been discussing this with our friends over at Quatloos and the informed opinion shared there (http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2836&start=20) is confirming my natural cynicism. He can no longer work as an attorney, he had been working as an editor but after he sued his last publisher he doesn't seem to have been hired in that field either. He's recently been posting his rather lengthy resume (http://www.postjobfree.com/resume/sathys/cfo-part-time-attorney-financial-advisor-insurance) on free job sites like postjobfree -dot- com, suffice it to say that he seems to be having trouble finding employment commensurate with his employment background.

I'll be the first to say that, much like Mr.Schweitzer I am not an attorney (thought he at one point was) but I've heard thousands of scam sales pitches. In my humble opinion Mr.Schweitzer's participation on that call is nearly indistinguishable from one of them. He might sincerely believe all he said on that call which could clearly explain why he's no longer licensed to practice law but too much of what was said on the call cut too many factual corners to be taken seriously. And that's the problem, people are going to get taken here, all the donations will be collected and the checks will be cashed. But like Bob Guenther's ASDMBA the only people who will benefit are the people collecting the donations.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
02-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for posting the link to Quatloos. It is an excellent discussion of the situation and leaves the issues very clear. It is a pity that many of the victims, especially those who had never ventured into any online venture before, will never read it nor this forum nor any other intelligent explanation of what they really got into.

One can only hope that people have enough common sense not to fall for the latest in the line of people out to scam the already scammed.

The sooner that Judge Collyer pronounces the better for them

Wizzard7
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
It appears that Andy's lawyers have replied to the AUSA's response to the Motions to Dismiss and Change Venue. As expected, they made the same argument in the reply as they did in the original motions.

I have posted the new documents (25 & 26) along with the current docket report on the Files (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents) site

Wizzard7
03-04-2011, 12:38 AM
It seems that a week following their last call, they are far below their desired "war chest", and odd reference to their legal fund. Seems people are still skeptical about sending anyone money for this stuff. Go figure.

GlimDropper
03-06-2011, 12:39 PM
They have good cause to be skeptical, but that hasn't stopped them before. I was wondering if there were any updates on the lawsuit, I e-mailed Mr.Disner asking to be put on the list and he replied affirmatively but so far no news. It would be interesting if Todd and Dwight didn't go ahead with the lawsuit, after all both were ASD members, Todd claiming to have over 50,000 "AdPacks." IF they believed in the lawsuit AND only needed ten grand to proceed it shouldn't matter if they got the contributions or not, they have been more than paid off after they won their suit. If they abandon the effort just because they couldn't get people to pony up the cash why that would very much look like they're not nearly as certain about their chances in court as they let on and the whole point of the call was just to pocket some quick cash.

Wizzard7
03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Glim,

It's hard to say exactly what these guys believe as opposed to what they want the ASD members to believe. I doubt the case will be filed, it may just be a similar money grab, like the ASDMBA. Add to that the fact that the case they are litigating is closed and under appeal, and they have no standing, no matter what psycho-babble Dwight offers. Keep in mind, he's no Perry Mason, as I doubt that Perry Mason ever kicked a hooker. Dwight is also highly litigious and will sue anyone over almost anything.

All in all, it is yet another exercise in futility whose authors may have other motives. Both of them made money, as you indicate, so why do they not fund it out of their own "HYIP" profits??

scratchycat
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Most of you probably know of Eagle Research (http://www.eagleresearchassociates.org) but I found this article interesting on the ASD subject. Online Payment Processors, Enablers of Scams (http://www.eagleresearchassociates.org/Online-Payment-Processors.php)Greggory B. Evans, PhD

Latest Information Regarding ASD (http://www.eagleresearchassociates.org/latest-information-regarding-asd.php)

GlimDropper
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Thank you for posting the link HonestMe, Eagle Research and Mr.Evans are both held in high esteem around here.

Wizard, as you mentioned Mr.Schweitzer does have some history for making legal threats so perhaps it's wise to point out that I'm unaware of any claim on his part to having made money in Ad Surf Daily, only that both he and his son were members (correct me if I'm wrong). Oh, and there were two police reports for that incident when he was arrested but was not charged for and only one of them describe the woman he (allegedly) kicked as a "Hooker."

Wizzard7
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Andy has lost his Appeal to get Judge Collyer's Final Order of Forfeiture overturned. The decision was entered March 25th. I have posted the document on the Files (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents) website or you can get it here:
http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/E00306AA70B92ACE8525785E004E69AA/$file/10-5061-1299953.pdf

gdaquigan
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I hope someone can answer these questions for me?

I just did some searching, and found out the remittance timeframe has passed. How can that be, since the case was still under appeal, and no members (well at least not me and someone else I know), were not notified of any remittance timeframe and deadline.

I also read that all the money will be lumped together, as they state that they are related and money from ASD was used in Golden Panda.

This cannot be right or legal for the following reasons:

1. GoldenPanda relinquished their claim to any money, without having to get permission from Andy.

2. Andy was only an employee, he was not a shareholder or was he a signor/signee of any of GoldenPanda's bank accounts.

3. The US government kept Golden Panda's funds seperate from the start from ASD/La Fuente, thus saying it was a separate entity.

4. If Andy invested in Golden Panda, then he would be a victim of that company, and any money due him, could be re cooped by claw back clause.

5. To the best of most peoples knowledge, Andy was only an employee/director, and was most definitely a promoter.

The statement that they used to justify this is that they are inter related is BS, the fact that some members in profit at Andy's sites invested in Golden Panda, is irrelevant, and does not make them inter-related.

Yes, they had a similar scheme behind them, and yes, Andy was in someway associated with all of them, but he in no means owned anything in Golden Panda, as clearly stated by the USDOJ, in the fact that they only needed Busby and his daughter's signatures on the forfeiture.

If this sounds true, then why doesn't someone there in the states, file something to get this money kept separate and refunds issued separate. You should be able to file something now, as officially you are a victim.

This really upsets me, because I only invested in Golden Panda and all my money will be used to pay for Andy's debts.

Whoever this company they hired to do the remittance, they clearly have no idea that this was an international company, because the claims forms is clearly done with US residents as the vocal point. Especially since, you must have a bank account (no were to put for international banks information) in order to get a refund is totally ludicrious.

This part upsets me, because I lost my bank accounts since then, and only hope to recover somehow my mid 10,000 investment.

Thanks and hopefully someone with some better understanding can help in answering these questions?

Gina

littleroundman
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
With respect, Gina, a great deal of the "facts" you use are not evidence based, but, instead, rely on what Bowdoin and Busby "said" occurred.

* Golden Panda, like AdSurf Daily was a fraudulent operation from its' inception. The fact Bowdoin "said" he "gave" it to Busby makes no difference. The funds were co mingled.

It would take more than the combined wisdom of King Solomon and Albert Einstein for anyone to even begin to separate out who owns/owned what. PARTICULARLY since the prosecution has pointed out accurate records were not kept.

In a legal sense, how exactly does "to the best of peoples' knowledge" morph into reading "Bowdoin was only an employee" ???

Isn't that the whole point of being a criminal fraudster, to make sure the facts are kept from the victims ???

You're surmising, the DOJ KNOWS what happened, not what either Busby or Bowdoin "said" happened.

They've been "inside" both Golden Panda and AdSurf Daily, unlike any of the victims.

I love the line from the Memorandum Opinion dismissing Bowdoins' latest appeal:

"Forecasting the decision in Howey, the Court explained that substance rules over form" (emphasis added) https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxhc2R1cGRhdGVzZmlsZXN8Z3g6 MWMyNGNiMzM0NzQ5ZDNiOQ

Put simply:

If it is a goat but it was disguised in a legal form to look like a dog, Substance Over Form would prevail to reinstate that it is a goat and not a dog!

Entertained
03-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Gina,

The notification for restitution was very well known for quite some period of time. It was posted at the DOJ website, as well as at several other unofficial places. Individual notification may not be possible, since as LRM points out, the records in these scams are not very solid. (When you think about it, if you were running a scam, why would you want to keep accurate records? Accurate records could only hurt you later, and make no mistake, these were scams before they were even launched, and Bowdoin/Busby knew it). If you had a lot of money invested in GP, it would perhaps make sense to keep track of all of the events surrounding the "company".

I would also virtually guarantee that the government has handled this case, including the restitution, correctly. If you have read any of the legal documents, you will see that at every turn, the government's positions have been resoundingly upheld by the court. The prosecution has won every single point, and Bowdoin's side has yet to score even a minor point. The chances that they have done such a great job on every other legal matter, but have somehow screwed up the legal issues of the restitution, are near zero. Further, you should be aware that the government has no obligation whatsoever to provide restitution to the victims. The statutes allow the government to keep seized assets in these types of cases in order to further the activities of the agencies involved in the investigations, arrests, and prosecutions. Many, including myself, would think that that would be a better use of the funds than refunding the money back to the victims (for many in ASD/GP, this was not the first scam that they had participated in). In any event, the government has very generously decided to refund the victims to the fairest extent possible using the seized assets. This will take some time due to the poor records, and spotty submissions of the restitution claims by victims. For example, how many of the people who have submitted claims are really victims? How many claimants actually made money? How many claimaints claimed their unused but accumulated ad packs as part of theiur loss? How many people at rallys paid cash? How do you sort through all of this?

Add it all up, and anything that anyone who was a member of ASD/GP has told you, especially if that person was you upline or someone who believed in ASD/GP or who made money in ASD/GP, is most probaly false. Believe what LRM says. He has nothing to gain or lose, and has seen this same pattern many times.

scratchycat
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Andy has lost his Appeal to get Judge Collyer's Final Order of Forfeiture overturned. The decision was entered March 25th. I have posted the document on the Files (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents) website or you can get it here:
http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/E00306AA70B92ACE8525785E004E69AA/$file/10-5061-1299953.pdf

Thank you Wizzard7, I was looking for something I could refer to and post in ALP. PP has all his copyrighted and I could not find it in SEC, ran out of time also.

Wizzard7
04-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Looks like I have annoyed our buddies Todd Disner and "lawyer" Dwight Schweitzer with some of the comments made regarding their "lawsuit" to have the Affidavit from Roy Dotson somehow overturned. Of note is that Dwight felt it necessary to mention that I was obviously NOT an attorney. I consider that to indicate further proof that I have character, and would not stoop to his level.

Anyone wishing to have a look at Dwight's comments is welcome to visit the blog I have set up, ASD Updates (http://asdupdates.wordpress.com)

:RpS_laugh:

P.S. Also in that post are the links to a a recording of their latest "ASD Justice Call" and a link to their Wordpress blog.

Wizzard7
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Here's a bit more info on Dwight

Public Information – Connecticut Grievance Committee

It appears that Mr. Schweitzer’s license to practice law in Connecticut was suspended in August of 2003 and is still inactive. Their report says, in part, “This reviewing committee concludes, by clear and convincing evidence, the Respondent violated the Rules of Professional Conduct”.

Here’s a copy of their report. The reason that Mr. Schweitzer’s license was suspended was not mentioned.

DwightCTBar08-1099

Below is information obtained from the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch website:
Registered Juris Information For: Dwight Owen Schweitzer
Juris Number: 055042
Current Status: Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund
Juris Type: A
Admission Date: 08/27/1968

Office Address: 555 N.E. 34TH STREET
STE. 1005
MIAMI, FL 33137-4022

Court History
Action Start Date Reinstated Date Action Comments
Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund 06/16/2009
Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund 06/24/2008
Suspension 08/21/2003 Attorney suspended three months and must take and pass MPRE and make Complainant whole on outstanding debt.
Reprimand – Court 08/10/1990

Statewide Grievance Committee History
Grievance Complaint Number Final Decision Final Decision Date Public Comments
08-1099 Reprimand 06/18/2009
00-0685 Presentment 09/19/2002 Attorney suspended three months with conditions.
88-0592 Reprimand 04/19/1990
87-0678 Presentment 03/16/1989 Court reprimand.

Wizzard7
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
It appears that Mr. Schweitzer’s license to practice law in Connecticut was suspended in August of 2003 and is still inactive. Their report says, in part, “This reviewing committee concludes, by clear and convincing evidence, the Respondent violated the Rules of Professional Conduct”.

Here’s a copy of their report. The reason that Mr. Schweitzer’s license was suspended was not mentioned.

http://asdupdates.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/dwightctbar08-1099.pdf

Below is information obtained from the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch website:
Registered Juris Information For: Dwight Owen Schweitzer
Juris Number: 055042
Current Status: Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund
Juris Type: A
Admission Date: 08/27/1968

Office Address: 555 N.E. 34TH STREET
STE. 1005
MIAMI, FL 33137-4022

Court History
Action Start Date Reinstated Date Action Comments
Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund 06/16/2009
Administrative Suspension – Client Security Fund 06/24/2008
Suspension 08/21/2003 Attorney suspended three months and must take and pass MPRE and make Complainant whole on outstanding debt.
Reprimand – Court 08/10/1990

(MPRE is the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination, which is required to pass the bar. Apparently, the committee felt Dwight needs a refresher.)

Statewide Grievance Committee History
Grievance Complaint Number Final Decision Final Decision Date Public Comments
08-1099 Reprimand 06/18/2009
00-0685 Presentment 09/19/2002 Attorney suspended three months with conditions.
88-0592 Reprimand 04/19/1990
87-0678 Presentment 03/16/1989 Court reprimand.

Wizzard7
05-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I tried going to the link I had for the DOJ Victims and Witness page. They moved things around some. This page should have current info on the proceedings.

Here's the new page they made up for ASD (http://www.justice.gov/usao/dc/programs/vw/adsurfdaily.html)

scratchycat
05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Thank you for the new link, Wiz!! This is good info.

Wizzard7
05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I received the "Draft" of Todd Disner and Dwight Schweitzer's upcoming lawsuit. If nothing else, it's entertaining. I doubt it has much in the line of actual legal value. These guys are apparently on the DOJ's "promoters of interest" list. I have a new "ASD Updates phpBB3 site (http://asdupdates.wizzard7.net/phpBB3/index.php)" . I am asking people to verify their email addresses, after having a few spammers join for the simple reason of spamming the board. You are all welcome to join. Just say you were referred from this site.

Here's the file in PDF format.

Wizzard7
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
After reading over this "Draft", it's readily apparent that this entire document is primarily concerned with getting back Todd and Dwight's money; I see nothing about the main ASD membership mentioned as far as the restitution is concerned. It looks like they are doing much like Bob Guenther did, they are letting someone else pay for their crackpot ideas.

Wizzard7
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
I received this reply from some questions I sent to Dwight Schweitzer:

An explanation should have accompanied the transmittal:\

While Todd and I are the plaintiffs, once the search and seizure is ruled unconstitutional it applies to everyone and the Court will have to fashion the return of everything seized as it cannot be illegal as to us and legal as to anyone else. Otherwise the Courts would have to deal with 100,000 cases...

This ruling goes to the validity of the taking; Once the taking is ruled invalid the returning is managed by the court. That is why we are only seeking a declaration from the court that the taking was unconstitutional.

I hope this gives you a better understanding of what we have in mind.

Dwight

Wizzard7
05-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Here's a copy of the Draft document from Todd Disner and Dwight Schweitzer:

http://www.wizzard7.net/T&D%20v%20USA%20UNITED%20STATES%20DISTRICT%20COURT.p df

Wizzard7
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
There's a really interesting article on Patrick's blog that paints a really bad picture of Uncle Andy. Seems there is another case recently unsealed, and the US Secret Service affidavit has a lot of damning information in it.

Here's the link (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/06/11/prosecution-bombshells-asd-had-special-class-of-members-bowdoins-silent-partner-in-adsurfdaily-was-his-12dailypro-sponsor-north-carolina-lawyer-and-co-owner-of-lafuente-dinero-tol/)

Wizzard7
06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Here's the recently unsealed affidavit (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxhc2R1cGRhdGVzZmlsZXN8Z3g6 MTAzNzU4OTc4NWRiNTM0ZQ), some interesting reading..

laidback
06-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Here's the recently unsealed affidavit (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxhc2R1cGRhdGVzZmlsZXN8Z3g6 MTAzNzU4OTc4NWRiNTM0ZQ), some interesting reading..
This make for an intriguing story. I find it an amazing commentary on cult like behavior that so many still support these crooks...!

littleroundman
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
This make for an intriguing story. I find it an amazing commentary on cult like behavior that so many still support these crooks...!

It would be really interesting to find out how many of that "how many" still support Bowdoin.

I'd love to see a flow chart of how many true believers dropped off with each revelation

I'm no statistician, but I would imagine it would probably look a lot like this:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/Bowdoinssupport.jpg

Wizzard7
06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I received an email containing a letter from Andy Bowdoin and he hired the same guy that did a lot of work for him to now try to contact all ASD members in order to start "Andy's Army" to raise money for his legal defense. Seems poor Uncle Andy has "spent all he had for his Civil defense". Like I really am concerned for Andy.

You can read this communication at: asdupdates.wordpress.com (http://asdupdates.wordpress.com)

Wizzard7
07-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Not too surprising, there has been delay after delay regarding the launch of the "Official" website, all 3 of them being increments of "5 more days". It seems the problem now is connecting the payment processor to the Lawyer Trust Account. I'm betting the problem is that no payment processor in their right mind wants anything to do with Andy Bowdoin. He does have a reputation, after all. I further have problems believing that either of his current attorneys want their name and reputation saddled to this trust, especially since the moneys collected will be deposited by wire, and here Uncle Andy is charged with Wire Fraud.

Kinda make you wonder who thought this up? Andy? Tari Steward? Both have involvement in ASD, and may well be digging the hole deeper than it is now.

Wizzard7
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
It looks like Andy's Fundraising Army is having some recruitment problems. Here is is a week and a half after the "Official" website launched (July 26th) and they only have about 120 members and around $4800. That's a far cry from the $500K Andy wants people to give him. Even with his duplication mumbo-jumbo he will never get to his perceived goal for his minimum defense fund. Andy had better start trying on orange jumpsuits.

laidback
08-05-2011, 09:03 PM
It looks like Andy's Fundraising Army is having some recruitment problems. Here is is a week and a half after the "Official" website launched (July 26th) and they only have about 120 members and around $4800. That's a far cry from the $500K Andy wants people to give him. Even with his duplication mumbo-jumbo he will never get to his perceived goal for his minimum defense fund. Andy had better start trying on orange jumpsuits.

Maybe we could request that he be given residence in Oklahoma where he can have a pink jumpsuit...! Pink Jail jumpsuits | KMOV.com St. Louis (http://www.kmov.com/news/off-beat/Pink-Jail-suites-97474219.html)

wave88
08-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Can anyone provide a brief summary of what's going on? Has anyone been sentenced? Who are all the main perpetrators?

When will I get my remission? Man.. remission is taking forever.. will it actually happen.. or are they going to make off with the cash? Why don't they go after the person that signed me up? I was hoping to sue them in small claims court, but the secret service would release any documents. It seems that these parties that received commissions should be roped-in.. but no, looks like they get away on this one.. and now we're beyond the statute of limitations timeline. Some say "that's what you get, you got what you deserved".. so in essence the ripoffs deserve the compensation the got?.. another case of the law backing the bad guys, victimizing the victims.. the 'ol injustice system.. well atleast I might get some cash back, supposedly.

Whip
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Why wait on remission? Go after your upline that sucked you in.

laidback
08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I received an email containing a letter from Andy Bowdoin and he hired the same guy that did a lot of work for him to now try to contact all ASD members in order to start "Andy's Army" to raise money for his legal defense. Seems poor Uncle Andy has "spent all he had for his Civil defense". Like I really am concerned for Andy.

You can read this communication at: asdupdates.wordpress.com (http://asdupdates.wordpress.com)

HOW FAST AND EASY CAN WE RAISE
$500,000
FOR THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND?

This can actually happen really fast and easy, when only 10% of all 123,000 ASD members join our Fundraising Army and work as a team, using the proven Network Marketing “business model”, with the simplicity of “Doubling” and the Power of Duplication, as you will see in the following proof.
When each of only 100 members of Andy’s Fundraising Army just get only 2 of their ASD member contacts to also join our Army and contribute an average of $40 each “one time”, and then Duplicate what they did…
Then with this “duplication” and “doubling” continuing, as these 2 each get only 2, who each get only 2, who each get only 2, etc., the results can get incredible (yet real) in a short amount of time.

Amazingly, if this continues out to just 6 levels of duplication, with each new member only donating $40 “One Time”, we would already have grown to over 12,700 members and generated $508,000 for Andy’s Legal Defense Fund.
And the other Good News is that this can happen really fast, if each of you simply get 2 others to do the same as fast as you can, and then have them duplicate you as fast as they can, etc., etc. out only 6 levels.
So there is the proof of how easy and fast each and everyone of you in Andy’s Fundraising Army can directly help us to reach our Goal.

Now THAT's ironic! So let me see...a guy who has his business shut down for running an illegal ponzi scheme is trying to raise cash by using a pyramid scheme...! HUH...?
Ya really CAN'T make this stuff up...!

littleroundman
08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Now THAT's ironic! So let me see...a guy who has his business shut down for running an illegal ponzi scheme is trying to raise cash by using a pyramid scheme...! HUH...?
Ya really CAN'T make this stuff up...!

What's more, he's using the Stars and Stripes as the logo for his "army"

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/Upchuck.jpg

Ain't that enough to make you choke on your Cornflakes ???

laidback
08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
What's more, he's using the Stars and Stripes as the logo for his "army"

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/Upchuck.jpg

Ain't that enough to make you choke on your Cornflakes ???

That's only because his own colors, a leech rampant on a field of upchuck, isn't all that inspiring...!

wave88
08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Why wait on remission? Go after your upline that sucked you in.

How do I go after my upline? The secret service & DA won't release any evidence, and as for small claims court (or criminal court).. it's beyond the statute of limitations (3yrs). --How do I go after my upline?

Wizzard7
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Finally!! Rust Consulting has started sending out Determination Letters!!! They say that within 15 days of getting one, funds will be electronically deposited in the claimant's bank account...

laidback
09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Finally!! Rust Consulting has started sending out Determination Letters!!! They say that within 15 days of getting one, funds will be electronically deposited in the claimant's bank account...

Outstanding!!!. In looking back, it seems that the civil forfeiture path is getting what money was left back to the members more quickly than having to wait to find and convict the perp.(jmho) I wonder if Andy will now try to do a clawback...LOL...!

Wizzard7
09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Laidback, the remission also throws a wrench into plans for both Andy and the "ASD Justice" people "getting back your money". Those still willing to contribute to Andy's defense fund will soon dry up and blow away..

Wizzard7
09-22-2011, 11:57 AM
According to reliable sources, those who have file claims and who are approved will get back 100% of their investments. Here's the article Patrick has written:

100% Remissions (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/09/22/major-development-adsurfdaily-remissions-payments-will-be-100-cents-on-the-dollar-thousands-of-payments-to-go-out-overwhelming-majority-of-claims-approved-members-react-with-joy/)

Wizzard7
09-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Andy’s not doing too well on the fundraising front. They gained 5 people but stayed at the same general total of $24,500. Wonder if Andy has figured things out yet. Maybe he hasn’t. After all, he’s a money magnet (?) Or is it still a case of inaccurate numbers, sort of like how many people were members of ASD, it varies day by day.

As of 11:30 pm EST – Friday – September 16th, 2011

Total Funds Raised = Over $24,500
Total Fundraising Army Members = 620
Average Donation per Member = $39

As of 11:30 pm EST – Thursday – September 22nd, 2011

Total Fundraising Army Members = 625
Average Donation per Member = $39.

Lita
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
According to reliable sources, those who have file claims and who are approved will get back 100% of their investments. Here's the article Patrick has written:

100% Remissions (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/09/22/major-development-adsurfdaily-remissions-payments-will-be-100-cents-on-the-dollar-thousands-of-payments-to-go-out-overwhelming-majority-of-claims-approved-members-react-with-joy/)

For those who were first time victims I say great news. I am disenchanted over anyone that got all their money back who have participated Knowingly in a scam though. Wish the authorities had a way of weeding out the scammers within the scam and not give them back a cent. Send it to charity instead.
Seen a Russo in the list that came out. Wonder if it is the same as Ken or relative?

baylee
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Andy’s not doing too well on the fundraising front. They gained 5 people but stayed at the same general total of $24,500. Wonder if Andy has figured things out yet. Maybe he hasn’t. After all, he’s a money magnet (?) Or is it still a case of inaccurate numbers, sort of like how many people were members of ASD, it varies day by day.

As of 11:30 pm EST – Friday – September 16th, 2011

Total Fundraising Army Members = 620
Average Donation per Member = $39

As of 11:30 pm EST – Thursday – September 22nd, 2011

Total Fundraising Army Members = 625

I somehow think that is just a drop in a bucket to what andy needs. I can hardly wait until he hears a jail door slam shut on his sorry behind for a long, long time.

Eddie Haskell
10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
For those who were first time victims I say great news. I am disenchanted over anyone that got all their money back who have participated Knowingly in a scam though. Wish the authorities had a way of weeding out the scammers within the scam and not give them back a cent. Send it to charity instead.
Seen a Russo in the list that came out. Wonder if it is the same as Ken or relative?

Where did you see a list Lita? I must have missed it.

IM wondering about claw backs and indictments. Anybody have any information or time frames? I hope some people get slammed and I mean hard.

Wizzard7
10-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Lita..

What list?? I know of no list. Rust is under an Federal Order of Protection regarding releasing information.

Wizzard7
10-02-2011, 09:53 AM
And if things were not deluded enough, here's an email floating around the net. You might remember the sender, one Kenneth Wayne Leaming (aka Keny), a cohort of Christian Oesch, and apparent adviser to Todd Disner and Sara Mattoon.

SCAM by DOJ …. By accepting these funds, they claim to be ASD/Andy’s VICTIMS (NOT DOJ victims) who will be required to testify that they were victims of ASD/Andy if they don’t want to be arrested and prosecuted for perjury /false claims. It will totally bury Andy.

As a “victim refund” they will now be coerced into testifying that they were a victim of Andy, not the DOJ, and unless they TESTILIE claiming that Andy scammed them, they will be put into prison for false claims and fraud. MARK MY WORDS.

They MUST (within 72 hrs) acknowledge “receipt of the funds stolen by the DOJ, and specifically (name the ss agent, us attys, and judge as the DOJ thieves), and do so in affidavit form, filing a certified copy into public records (county recorder, etc,) and sending a notary certified copy to Eric Holder, DOJ, and the Chief Justice (Roberts) of the Supreme Court of the United States (at home), and to the RUST Group.

ALSO, maybe close out with “Claimant hereby conditionally waives any punitive and/or exemplary and consequential damages claims in the event the funds taken are returned to me within 30 days of (NAME OF AGENT/OFFICER) receiving this claim.”

“Keny”

laidback
10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
And if things were not deluded enough, here's an email floating around the net. You might remember the sender, one Kenneth Wayne Leaming, a cohort of Christian Oesch, and apparent adviser to Todd Disner and Sara Mattoon.

SCAM by DOJ …. By accepting these funds, they claim to be ASD/Andy’s VICTIMS (NOT DOJ victims) who will be required to testify that they were victims of ASD/Andy if they don’t want to be arrested and prosecuted for perjury /false claims. It will totally bury Andy.

As a “victim refund” they will now be coerced into testifying that they were a victim of Andy, not the DOJ, and unless they TESTILIE claiming that Andy scammed them, they will be put into prison for false claims and fraud. MARK MY WORDS.

They MUST (within 72 hrs) acknowledge “receipt of the funds stolen by the DOJ, and specifically (name the ss agent, us attys, and judge as the DOJ thieves), and do so in affidavit form, filing a certified copy into public records (county recorder, etc,) and sending a notary certified copy to Eric Holder, DOJ, and the Chief Justice (Roberts) of the Supreme Court of the United States (at home), and to the RUST Group.

ALSO, maybe close out with “Claimant hereby conditionally waives any punitive and/or exemplary and consequential damages claims in the event the funds taken are returned to me within 30 days of (NAME OF AGENT/OFFICER) receiving this claim.”

“Keny”

WOW!!! And some people wonder why lemmings do what they do...!

Wizzard7
10-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Here's an email from Sara (Mattoon), amazingly it's along the same misinformed legal premise as Keny's email.

Important Warning

Hi Everyone-
Since I sent the last email update about ASD/Golden Panda monies being received by members, I received some very important insider information you should know. This is an important warning.

The information (these are not quotes) I am sharing with you was spoken by and was heard directly from an attorney for the government, in relation to the ASD legal case. I must protect the source but I can assure you it is reliable (it is not Andy). I was told that the person heard the government attorney say they had hired the Rust Company to send a remission form by email and US-mail to ASD and Golden Panda members. The form was to be sent under the pretense that the member would get their money back if they filled out the form to request a remission of their ASD/Golden Panda monies seized by the government on 8/1/08. Those members would then receive their remission monies directly into their bank accounts, but the attorney said that their names would go onto a list and they would then be summoned by the court (at the members own expense) to testify against ASD. They would be forced to testify against ASD even if they did not believe that ASD was illegal, because the form they signed was set up in such a way that the member was essentially stating that ASD victimized them in an illegal business. I'm imagining a typical scenario in court would be: The attorney for the government would read statements from the form and the member's answers and then say something like, "Is this your signature?" to force the member into saying that the statements were theirs. And, take note, that it was also mentioned by the attorney that the direct deposit into the member's account could be reversed at any time if ASD should eventually lose the case or if the member did not cooperate in testifying against ASD. If the money isn't in the account anymore, it would be money owed back to the government, so moving the money would not help. The addendum that I was advised to suggest to you if you were drawn to fill out the form (sent by the Rust Company on behalf of the government) that stated that you did not make an investment in ASD/Golden Panda, but rather bought advertising, would apparently protect you from the government's tactics, but I honestly do not know that for sure.

Many of us had major red flags when we read the form as it was obvious what the government was trying to do. That's why it was advised that members add the addendum to their form, to protect themselves from the government's deceptive practices. So pray about how you should proceed. Please don't ask me. I can't make this decision for you.

God's Blessings,
Sara

What are these people smoking???

Whip
10-02-2011, 11:41 AM
They're pissed they can't claim a refund as it would expose them. So, they feel no one should get one.

laidback
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Interesting! I don't seem to see any of that in the remission form here: http://www.adsurfdailyremission.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Pz1x2a6XpyE%3d&tabid=148

Whip
10-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Interesting! I don't seem to see any of that in the remission form here: http://www.adsurfdailyremission.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Pz1x2a6XpyE%3d&tabid=148

Of course you don't. They have to make crap up to scare members as they are caught between a **** and a fart. If they claim it was an 'investment', then it was a ponzi. If they claim it was 'advertising', it's not their money anymore. They are trying to get innocent people to do their filibustering for them so as to not draw attention to themselves.

Wizzard7
10-03-2011, 09:14 AM
So much for fundraising, things seem to have stalled.

As of 11:30 pm EST - Thursday - September 29th, 2011

Total Funds Raised = Over $24,600
Total Fundraising Army Members = 627

Wizzard7
10-03-2011, 09:21 AM
An to make thing officially more deluded, we have an entry from "Keny", aka Kenneth Wayne Leaming, noted wannabe lawyer with no license, but who has freely given legal advice to the "Arby's Indians", filed countless frivolous lawsuits, and is generally a complete nut job. Along with his partner in crime (literally) Christian Oesch, he filed a $29 trillion dollar suit against all government people that had any involvement in the ASD Civil suit. He has also filed against hospitals, a county and many county officials, simply because he has lots of paper and even more made up legal experience.

So, here's what he has to say about Remissions:

“Keny”

Whip
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
And I'm sure all those that got refunds are jumping right on that. :RpS_laugh:

Wizzard7
10-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Seems that Andy's fundraising has petered out, it's been the same for two weeks. So much for paying 3 expert witneses.

As of 11:30 pm EST - Friday - October 8th, 2011

Total Funds Raised = Over $24,600
Total Fundraising Army Members = 627

littleroundman
10-08-2011, 11:58 PM
It would be interesting to see the breakdown of those "627 members" and the reasons why the other 80,000+ members Bowdoin claimed existed are NOT contributing.

Wizzard7
10-10-2011, 11:10 AM
LRM, me too. I am also concerned that there seem to be 2 Lawyers Trusts going on, so Andy might be trying to disguise things as he usually does. One email I got recently says to send money to Charles Murray, and mark it as being for “Bowdoin Legal Defense Fund, Trust Acct.” I'm wondering if it actually is a Lawyers Trust, as those have very transparent accounting. I may send them a request for their actual totals.

Wizzard7
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
In another interesting development, the "Andy's Fundraising Army" website shows as a "suspendedpage.cgi". In other words, the site is no longer there. Why it shows as "suspended" is anyone's guess. I have my own theories, but I emailed Tari Steward to ask what's up, I doubt he will answer, though.

laidback
10-14-2011, 11:24 AM
In another interesting development, the "Andy's Fundraising Army" website shows as a "suspendedpage.cgi". In other words, the site is no longer there. Why it shows as "suspended" is anyone's guess. I have my own theories, but I emailed Tari Steward to ask what's up, I doubt he will answer, though.
The registration doesn't expire until 2012 and it pings out fine, indicating that maybe they stopped paying hosting fees. Speculation only at this point.

okosh
10-25-2011, 01:23 AM
PP blog has posted that the date for trial has been set for Sept. 24, 2012.....

BULLETIN: Andy Bowdoin Trial Date Set For Late September Of 2012; Both Sides In Case Have Nearly A Year To Prepare Before Jury Will Hear Ponzi Testimony (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/10/24/bulletin-andy-bowdoin-trial-date-set-for-late-september-of-2012-both-sides-in-case-have-nearly-a-year-to-prepare-before-jury-will-hear-ponzi-testimony/#comments)

scratchycat
10-31-2011, 08:48 AM
The latest news in PP tells of Andy starting or behind a NEW ponzi scheme OneX while awaiting trial... How could anyone get involved with that and how can he legally be getting away with it??

littleroundman
10-31-2011, 10:14 AM
The latest news in PP tells of Andy starting or behind a NEW ponzi scheme OneX while awaiting trial... How could anyone get involved with that and how can he legally be getting away with it??

Simple.

No law on the planet can stop someone committing a crime if they so choose, all the legal system can do is detect and punish AFTER the event.

Bowdoin has nothing to lose and he knows it.

He's been caught dead to rights and hasn't got a snowballs' chance in hell of wriggling out of it.

It's just a case of a criminal doing what criminals do.

Wizzard7
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Yep, Andy is touting another "opportunity" named "OneX", a 4x4 matrix program, his answer to funding his defense. Like he said on one of the webinars, $500K is good, a Million is better. He was "rewarding" the donors to his defense fund with being able to join under him, giving him a downline of over 640 people. Again, he used the Lord to sanitize his plan, quoting scripture. Problem is, he quoted it wrong, leaving out the part that didn't fit what his script needed. He used the reference to 'What soever a man sows, so shall he reap'.

The actual verse says: King James 2000 Bible (©2003) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

And here Andy is mocking God by using His name to sell unregistered securities and continuing to defraud people. At least he sticks to his usual patterns.

The current fundraising is:

As of 10:30 pm EST - Saturday - October 29th, 2011

Total Funds Raised = Over $26,800
Total Fundraising Army Members = 640
Average Donation per Member = $42.

So far, the money has not started flowing in just yet!

Wizzard7
04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
NOTICE OF FILING

The United States of America by and through its attorney, the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, hereby requests that the attached correspondence dated April 17th, 2012, regarding the Government’s notice of intent to introduce evidence of the Defendant’s uncharged misconduct pursuant to Federal Rule of Evidence 404(b), be made part of the record in this case.

The evidence they mention follows with 97 pages of previous wrongdoing as well as recent wrongdoing, including a mention of OneX, and how it “was a gift from God”, as Andy said in a webinar. They go on to say that the evidence they introduce relates to

Misstatements and Omissions of Material Facts
Golden Panda
Ad View Global and
OneX

Part of the information filed relates to Bowdoin’s previous felony cases in great detail. In addition, as if that was not enough, they say that Andy misrepresented himself as a “successful businessman”. The government intends to demonstrate that these businesses were not successful and several were the subject of Civil and Criminal proceedings.

On the subject of OneX, the government compares it to ASD as being “inherently deceptive” and that the ability to earn any money is “dependent on the recruitment of new members” and that the vast amount of people in OneX “will not earn the advertized amount”.

It's nice to see that Andy has cause his own downfall, all for being a greedy old crook. I have added these documents onto the files website. You can read more about it on asdupdates dot com then click on Wordpress Blog.

EagleOne
04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Well, because of the governments filing, Judge Collyer has requested a bond hearing for Andy on May 8. I think Andy needs to bring a toothbrush to this one. I think his wandering around days are over. Stay tuned for more fireworks!

okosh
04-28-2012, 12:36 AM
I think Andy needs to bring a toothbrush to this one.

And a few packs of smokes for Bubba.....

Wizzard7
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
From PACER today:

04/24/2012 Attorney update in case as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR. Attorney Vasu B. Muthyala terminated. (cdw) (Entered: 04/24/2012)

04/25/2012 NOTICE OF HEARING as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR: Bond Review Hearing set for 5/8/2012 at 11:30 AM in Courtroom 8 before Judge Rosemary M. Collyer. (cdw) (Entered: 04/25/2012)

04/26/2012 MINUTE ORDER as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR, requiring the Government to present at the bond review hearing currently set for May 8, 2012, all evidence (written and testimonial) regarding Defendant's alleged involvement in OneX or any other alleged Internet scheme since the Indictment in this case. Signed by Judge Rosemary M. Collyer on 4/26/2012. (KD) (Entered: 04/26/2012)

laidback
04-29-2012, 02:14 PM
From PACER today:

04/24/2012 Attorney update in case as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR. Attorney Vasu B. Muthyala terminated. (cdw) (Entered: 04/24/2012)

04/25/2012 NOTICE OF HEARING as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR: Bond Review Hearing set for 5/8/2012 at 11:30 AM in Courtroom 8 before Judge Rosemary M. Collyer. (cdw) (Entered: 04/25/2012)

04/26/2012 MINUTE ORDER as to THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN, JR, requiring the Government to present at the bond review hearing currently set for May 8, 2012, all evidence (written and testimonial) regarding Defendant's alleged involvement in OneX or any other alleged Internet scheme since the Indictment in this case. Signed by Judge Rosemary M. Collyer on 4/26/2012. (KD) (Entered: 04/26/2012)
Interesting, I wonder why Muthyala terminated from the case...?

Whip
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM

I will say it is to try and cause another delay by crying that he has no representation.

scratchycat
04-30-2012, 08:50 AM

I hope they have stacks!!! Of course they are going to try and get this postponed again, I hope they don't succeed this time around. That scammer needs to be plugged to keep from taking money from more innocents.

laidback
04-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I will say it is to try and cause another delay by crying that he has no representation.
Except this guy is a government attorney. The two remaining seem to specialize in fraud cases.

Whip
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Except this guy is a government attorney. The two remaining seem to specialize in fraud cases.

Was he some kind of public defender?

littleroundman
04-30-2012, 10:18 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/muthyala2.jpg

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/district-of-columbia/dcdce/1:2008cv01345/132509/20/0.pdf?ts=1225229348 (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/district-of-columbia/dcdce/1:2008cv01345/132509/20/0.pdf?ts=1225229348)

Whip
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Ah. totally misread the update.

littleroundman
04-30-2012, 10:45 AM
He's left the DoJ for private practice:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/vasu.jpg

http://www.omm.com/vasu-b-muthyala/ (http://www.omm.com/vasu-b-muthyala/)

Wizzard7
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
A day or so later, the Government filed a Notice of even more evidence of Uncharged Wrongdoing by Bowdoin, this time, misrepresentation and omission of facts in his dealings with ASD members. He will surely have some 'splaining to do.

Also kinda funny, on last night's Webinar, his partner in crime, Alan mentioned that Andy would be missing webinars for a while because he had some "personal problems" to deal with. I bet he does! :RpS_smile:

EagleOne
05-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Well, the bond hearing that was scheduled for today has been postponed until May 18 @ 2:00pm in Judge Collyer's Courtroom. It will be interesting to see if the Judge revokes his bond and puts him in jail until his trial. If I were Andy I think I would be bringing my toothbrush to this hearing.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
05-09-2012, 04:09 AM
No wonder Mr. "Parking Ticket" Andy Bowdoin is so desperate to stay out of jail. Looks as if he's been there before, knows what it's like and didn't like it much. lol

Wizzard7
05-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Wire Fraud
In Massive Internet-Based Ponzi Scheme
- Venture Raised More Than $110 Million From “Members” -

WASHINGTON - Thomas A. Bowdoin, Jr., also known as Andy Bowdoin, the founder
and operator of a business known as AdSurf Daily, Inc., pled guilty today to a federal charge of wire fraud stemming from a fraudulent Internet-based advertising scheme that generated more than $110 million from thousands of people across the United States and other countries.

The plea was announced by Ronald C. Machen Jr., U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, and James Glendinning, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Orlando Field Office of the U.S. Secret Service.

Bowdoin, 77, of Quincy, Fla., entered the plea this afternoon before the Honorable Rosemary M. Collyer in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. No sentencing date was set. Under terms of the plea agreement, which were approved by the Court, Bowdoin faces a maximum sentence of 78 months in prison and fines of up to $175,000. He remains free pending a hearing on June 12, 2012 to determine if he should be incarcerated pending his sentencing.

According to a statement of offense, signed by the government as well as the defendant, Bowdoin ran a Ponzi scheme disguised as an online advertising company. AdSurf Daily, Inc., or ASD, drew in large numbers of investors by promising huge returns on their investment. Thousands of victims, many from the Washington, D.C. area, lost money through the scheme.

Bowdoin admitted that he operated ASD from September 2006 until August 2008, when agents from the Secret Service and the St. Cloud, Fla. IRS-Secret Service Task Force seized ASD’s assets and bank accounts pursuant to a court order.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia subsequently obtained civil forfeiture of $80 million in proceeds of Bowdoin’s schemes, including numerous bank accounts, real property, luxury vehicles, and watercraft. The Department of Justice’s Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section, the U.S. Secret Service, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia established a program to return the fraudulently obtained money to victims. Approximately $55 million in forfeited assets has been returned to 8,400 victims.

“The Internet now allows swindlers to perpetrate fraud on a much larger scale than Charles Ponzi could have imagined 100 years ago,” said U.S. Attorney Machen. “Andy Bowdoin’s online Ponzi scheme took in $110 million from thousands of people across the United States and other countries. His guilty plea today is another milestone in our efforts to protect the public from being ripped off over the Internet. This case is a healthy reminder that the public should be skeptical when evaluating investment opportunities: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”

“The Secret Service believes that building trusted partnerships between all levels of law enforcement is a proven successful model for combating criminal activity,” said Assistant Special Agent in Charge Glendinning, of the Orlando Field Office. “Through this collaborative approach, our St. Cloud Internal Revenue Service-Secret Service Financial Crimes and Money Laundering Task Force was able to focus our resources to uncovering this fraudulent scheme and prevent additional victims.”

According to the government’s evidence, ASD operated on the Internet at various websites, including www.adsurfdaily.com, www.adcashgenerator.com, and lafuentedinero.com: The Leading LA Fuente Dinero Site on the Net (http://www.lafuentedinero.com). Bowdoin heralded ASD as an “income opportunity,” and referred to himself as a “money magnet.” Bowdoin stated that it was his “goal ... to make 100,000 millionaires in 3 years.”

ASD’s business model promised members the opportunity to earn 125 percent (initially 150 percent) on each dollar paid into ASD, as long as the members viewed other members’ websites for a few minutes each day on ASD’s Internet page, commonly referred to as the ASD “rotator.” Bowdoin also promised members commissions for recruiting other members into the program.

While a small percentage of ASD members who invested early in the program could earn the extraordinary rates of return, the promised opportunity was illusory for the vast majority of ASD members. Indeed, due to the fact that ASD’s pyramid-style business model relied entirely on an ever increasing influx of new money to fund the debt owed to earlier members, the vast majority of members could never earn the promised rates of return, making the promised opportunity fraudulent. Key to the government’s case was that ASD did not generate any revenue from sales to customers outside the pyramid scheme.

During ASD’s operation, Bowdoin raised more than $110 million from over 96,000 members. Bowdoin paid out to members approximately $45 million to cover their investments and induce them to re-enroll in ASD’s program. Bowdoin spent more than $8 million to operate and promote ASD and more than $1 million for his own personal benefit or the benefit of his family. In 2008, alone, Bowdoin used ASD funds to purchase a lake house in Quincy, Fla., two luxury vehicles, a boat, two recreational watercrafts, and other items of value.

In 2008, Bowdoin held several rallies across the country attended by thousands of ASD members and potential members, during which he promoted ASD’s business model and offered matching bonuses to induce further investment. During the rallies, an ASD employee informed audiences, at Bowdoin’s direction, that Bowdoin could be trusted because a criminal background check on Bowdoin only revealed a speeding ticket in North Carolina.

Bowdoin knew those representations were false. The truth was Bowdoin had been convicted of three securities-related felonies in Alabama in the 1990s and had been charged in Alabama in the 1990s in at least thirteen other indictments alleging securities fraud, resulting in Bowdoin being forever barred from selling securities in Alabama. None of these disclosures were made to ASD members or potential members.

In addition, to further promote himself and ASD, Bowdoin directed an ASD employee at these rallies to inform ASD members and potential members that Bowdoin had been personally given a medal of distinction from President George W. Bush for his business achievements. In reality, Bowdoin purchased the medal of distinction from the National Republican Congressional Committee by donating $25,000 to the committee, using ASD members’ funds.

This case was pursued as part of a nationwide operation that targeted investment fraud. The Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force was established in 2010 by the President to lead an aggressive, coordinated and proactive effort to investigate and prosecute financial crimes.

The President’s Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force includes representatives from a broad range of federal agencies, regulatory authorities, inspectors general, and state and local law enforcement who, working together, bring to bear a powerful array of criminal and civil enforcement resources. The task force is working to improve efforts across the federal executive branch, and with state and local partners, to investigate and prosecute significant financial crimes, ensure just and effective punishment for those who perpetrate financial crimes, combat discrimination in the lending and financial markets, and recover proceeds for victims of financial crimes. For more information on the task force, visit StopFraud.gov.

In announcing the guilty plea, U.S. Attorney Machen and Assistant Special Agent in Charge Glendinning praised the efforts of those who have investigated and prosecuted the case. They expressed appreciation to U.S. Secret Service's Orlando and Tallahassee Field Offices and the St. Cloud IRS-Secret Service Task Force for their work in the investigation. They also expressed special recognition to Secret Service Special Agents Roy Dotson, Thomas Campbell, and Nielsen “Scot” Cochran, and St. Cloud IRS-Secret Service Task Force Agent Brian Watson.

U.S. Attorney Machen and Assistant Special Agent in Charge Glendinning also commended those who worked on the case from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, including Forensic Accountant Crystal Boodoo; Information Technology Specialist Kimberly Smith; Paralegals Anne Riopelle, Nicole Wattelet, Russ Crabtree, Tasha Harris, Shanna Hays, Sarah Reis and Taryn McLaughlin, and Legal Assistants Jessica McCormick and Krishawn Graham.

Finally, they praised the work of Assistant U.S. Attorney David Gorman and former Assistant U.S. Attorneys William Cowden and Vasu B. Muthyala, who investigated the case, and Assistant U.S. Attorneys Seth B. Waxman and Allison Barlotta, who investigated the matter and prepared the case for trial. They also expressed appreciation for the work done on the case by the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

12-186

EagleOne
05-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Hopefully with this plea deal, Andy is naming names and more charges will be forthcoming against the major promoters of this Ponzi.

littleroundman
05-18-2012, 07:43 PM
All those words, all those Philadelphia lawyers, all those threats, all those protests.

End result ??

Exactly according to the script.

In fact, the similarities to busted ponzis of the past is spooky.

laidback
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
By the time he gets out, he'll have to concentrate on scamming others in his nursing home for Depends and dessert.

scratchycat
05-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Why has he been set 'free' so he can start more scams. Put him behind bars, take away his computer privileges and let him pay back all he stole from others.

EagleOne
05-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Why has he been set 'free' so he can start more scams. Put him behind bars, take away his computer privileges and let him pay back all he stole from others.

He has been out on bond ever since the criminal charges have been filed. The bond hearing he was scheduled to have today, before he pled guilty, I think was going to change all that. I think the judge was going to revoke his bond and put him in jail until his trial.

Not worth putting him in jail for another few weeks before they set his sentencing date. Depending on the time it takes from the hearing on June 12 until they set his date in court to be sentenced will determine if they put in him jail or he stays out until he is sentenced.

I'm sure his activities are already very limited and ever more so after the June 12 hearing to set his sentence. I believe he keeps himself out of jail during this time as long as he cooperates with the government and he gives them everything they want. If not, then he will be in jail regardless.

That's the problem with plea deals. If you don't agree to do everything you said you would do to get the deal, the whole deal can be revoked. He has still pled guilty so a tougher sentence could be given if he breaks the terms of the deal This is still far from over. A lot can happen on the way to the sentencing hearing if he doesn't comply with the deal terms.

GlimDropper
05-19-2012, 02:38 AM
In Memory of Surfs Up Forum posts of years gone by:

URGENT >> BULLETIN >> MOVING: Andy Bowdoin Pleads Guilty To Wire Fraud (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2012/05/18/urgent-bulletin-moving-andy-bowdoin-pleads-guilty-to-wire-fraud/)

By PatrickPretty.com (http://www.patrickpretty.com/author/patrickpretty-com/) 4:12 pm May 18, 2012

URGENT >> BULLETIN >> MOVING: (5TH UPDATE: 5:54 P.M. EDT) Andy Bowdoin has pleaded guilty to wire fraud in the AdSurfDaily Ponzi case.

A bond-review hearing for the 77-year-old ASD patriarch had been scheduled for 2 p.m. today. Instead, the proceeding turned into a plea hearing.

“The Internet now allows swindlers to perpetrate fraud on a much larger scale than Charles Ponzi could have imagined 100 years ago,” said U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. of the District of Columbia. “Andy Bowdoin’s online Ponzi scheme took in $110 million from thousands of people across the United States and other countries. His guilty plea today is another milestone in our efforts to protect the public from being ripped off over the Internet. This case is a healthy reminder that the public should be skeptical when evaluating investment opportunities: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”

Read more at PatrickPretty.com (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2012/05/18/urgent-bulletin-moving-andy-bowdoin-pleads-guilty-to-wire-fraud/comment-page-1/#comment-26758)

scratchycat
05-19-2012, 10:12 AM
He has been out on bond ever since the criminal charges have been filed. The bond hearing he was scheduled to have today, before he pled guilty, I think was going to change all that. I think the judge was going to revoke his bond and put him in jail until his trial.

Not worth putting him in jail for another few weeks before they set his sentencing date. Depending on the time it takes from the hearing on June 12 until they set his date in court to be sentenced will determine if they put in him jail or he stays out until he is sentenced.

I'm sure his activities are already very limited and ever more so after the June 12 hearing to set his sentence. I believe he keeps himself out of jail during this time as long as he cooperates with the government and he gives them everything they want. If not, then he will be in jail regardless.

That's the problem with plea deals. If you don't agree to do everything you said you would do to get the deal, the whole deal can be revoked. He has still pled guilty so a tougher sentence could be given if he breaks the terms of the deal This is still far from over. A lot can happen on the way to the sentencing hearing if he doesn't comply with the deal terms.

Thanks for explaining Eagle. He is guilty, has admitted it, but a lot can happen on the way to the courthouse as we have already seen. I hope he gets max to set example of what could happen to these other crooks out there doing the same kind of things.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
05-19-2012, 12:01 PM

I am sure he is squealing his little mouth off. He obviously didnt like jail the last time and wants to stay there as little as possible. Let's hope the Government drive a very hard bargain with him. The results could cause lasting damage to the online HYIP underworld (or should we call it HYIP "industry" lol)

path2prosperity
05-19-2012, 12:19 PM

I wish that I knew the answer to that scratchy but things are beginning to make sense to me now. The authorities jumped on Trevor Cook and sent him down for 25 years but they did not go for the big promoters. The rumours that reach me are that they are after the promoters as well as Andy. I bet the Scamland promoters who thought that they had got away with it are are getting worried.

path2prosperity
05-19-2012, 12:23 PM
By the time he gets out, he'll have to concentrate on scamming others in his nursing home for Depends and dessert.

If he gets out.

okosh
05-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Booo....Hiss....We want a refund......He said he'd fight this to the last breath....

What am I gonna do with all this popcorn now??.....

EagleOne
05-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Booo....Hiss....We want a refund......He said he'd fight this to the last breath....

What am I gonna do with all this popcorn now??.....

Save it for Freddie's trial?

Wizzard7
05-21-2012, 11:53 PM

From what i gather, he did as Mr Cowden did, he left the DOJ for private practice.

EagleOne
06-12-2012, 04:47 PM
In a bond revocation hearing today before Judge Collyer, Andy was remanded to jail awaiting his sentencing hearing on August 29. She thought he was a danger to society. No indication where Andy is incarcerated at this time.

path2prosperity
06-12-2012, 04:57 PM
In a bond revocation hearing today before Judge Collyer, Andy was remanded to jail awaiting his sentencing hearing on August 29. She thought he was a danger to society. No indication where Andy is incarcerated at this time.

Three cheers for that and three more cheers for the news broken by Patrick today. Bo Beckman, Pat Kiley and another given long sentences.

Trevor Cook Associates Also Sentenced Today. (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2012/06/12/recommended-reading-bulletins-trevor-cook-ponzi-scheme-pitchman-found-guilty/)

If I had had a bottle in the flat, I would have opened it and had a private clebration. Thanks for the great news Eagle.

scratchycat
06-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the news. HE IS a danger to society!!! He wants your money for his own!!

Wizzard7
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Andy Bowdoin's Booking photo

scratchycat
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
He looks a little green, do you think he might have visited the Mountain too many times?? (as in Scamlandpro's Jill Bachman forum)

GlimDropper
07-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Andy Bowdoin's Booking photo

It's hard to tell by where the photo is cropped but I wonder if he's wearing his Presidential Medal of Honor, or is it just a soap on a rope?

Wizzard7
07-12-2012, 12:11 PM
There's a new DOJ contact number for people who have not gotten any response from Rust Consulting about remission claims.

Contact Toni Donato at 202-252-7711

She is just taking down info and amount of investment. She cannot tell you if and when you will get any money. The hope is that Judge Collyer will order another round of remissions when Andy Bowdoin is sentenced, late August.

Wizzard7
08-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Here's an email floating around, seems to be from Sara Mattoon, known Andy supporter. It has some interesting things in it, here goes:

Hi Everyone-
A lot has happened. There's a lot to share, including another opportunity to apply to get your ASD money back from the government.
But First: Please pray for Andy and his family. I talk to Andy's wife, Faye, regularly and Andy told her that being in the DC jail is "literally like being in hell." He doesn't deserve this and your prayers are really needed for his situation to change for the better. The next hearing is August 29 when he will be sentenced.

Second: Andy's lawyer is requesting letters from ASD Members to use to establish Andy's positive character traits. Please use the salutation: To Whom It May Concern.
If we flood the judge with these letters at Andy's hearing, it could make a huge difference to the outcome of his sentencing. Send your letter to his lawyer as soon as possible so he can have it in time for the hearing: Charles A Murray Attorney, Inc- 27911 Crown Lake Blvd # 226- Bonita Springs, FL 34135 .

Third: Your letters of hope and caring sent to Andy in jail will lift his spirits and lighten his burden. This address should be good until the hearing Faye says is on August 29. He gets his mail on Tuesdays and Saturdays so you might want to time it for those delivery days. Remember that they read his mail so be careful what you say in them.
Correction Treatment Facility
1901 East St. SE
Med-96 Inmate 335084
Washington DC 20003
Note: I have not forgotten Andy's plight and there is still an out-of-the-box legal path to help him that I'm continuing to explore.

Fourth: This is from Dwight Schweitzer who filed the lawsuit against the government regarding the illegal raid on ASD:
"Well we have been dealt a setback today...the judge here agreed with the government to transfer us to the District Court in Washington DC... The same judge who railroaded Andy. I will make a motion for her to recuse herself and if she will not (and she will not) I will take an appeal."

Fifth: ASD Member Joe Shoop did not give up regarding getting his ASD money back from the government and has been working tirelessly for several months to arrange another opportunity for ASD Members to apply to get their money back. He not only succeeded but has also volunteered to facilitate this. We are very grateful to Joe for his persistence and his efforts. If you want to apply to get your funds back from the government, please look at the email to follow. Note: To receive your funds back, you will need to provide proof of your ASD purchases by including copies of money orders, etc. with your application.
Many people did not apply earlier because the application essentially stated that their "investment" in ASD was a ponzie scheme, rather than a purchase of advertising, and we all know that isn't true. However, now that there will be no trial, due to the fact that Andy accepted a plea bargain instead, the game has changed and the concern about how those statements in the applications would affect the trial are no longer valid. Having said that, if the application requires you to make the same statements, I am still recommending that you add a separate notarized page to your application labeled "Clarification Addendum" stating something to the effect that you did not make an investment in AdSurfDaily; you purchased advertising, and that this application represents your request to have your advertising money returned.
Please don't request a remission from the government if you made a profit in your AdSurfDaily business.

It is very important that you do not post any of my ASD updates (or anyone else's ASD updates) on a public chat, forum, blog or website.
I hope this has been helpful.
Blessings,
Sara

Of course, I am being bad by posting this on a forum, how dare I???

littleroundman
08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
ASD Member Joe Shoop did not give up regarding getting his ASD money back from the government and has been working tirelessly for several months to arrange another opportunity for ASD Members to apply to get their money back. He not only succeeded but has also volunteered to facilitate this.

I believe he's been taking lessons from Bob Guenther and legal advice from Larry Friedman on how best to ripo.........err.........facilitate getting peoples' money...........umm, that would be "getting peoples' money back to them"

Whip
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I believe he's been taking lessons from Bob Guenther and legal advice from Larry Friedman on how best to ripo.........err.........facilitate getting peoples' money...........umm, that would be "getting peoples' money back to them"

And all they had to do was fill out the proper form and would have had it already.....

laidback
08-14-2012, 12:48 PM
And all they had to do was fill out the proper form and would have had it already.....

LOL, if they had listened to REAL advice, instead of the pimp squad....!

Wizzard7
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
"It's a trap, I tell you!!!"

Lil Ol' Radical Me
08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Here's an email floating around, seems to be from Sara Mattoon, known Andy supporter. It has some interesting things in it, here goes:

Hi Everyone-
A lot has happened. There's a lot to share, including another opportunity to apply to get your ASD money back from the government.
But First: Please pray for Andy and his family. I talk to Andy's wife, Faye, regularly and Andy told her that being in the DC jail is "literally like being in hell." He doesn't deserve this and your prayers are really needed for his situation to change for the better. The next hearing is August 29 when he will be sentenced.

Second: Andy's lawyer is requesting letters from ASD Members to use to establish Andy's positive character traits. Please use the salutation: To Whom It May Concern.
If we flood the judge with these letters at Andy's hearing, it could make a huge difference to the outcome of his sentencing. Send your letter to his lawyer as soon as possible so he can have it in time for the hearing: Charles A Murray Attorney, Inc- 27911 Crown Lake Blvd # 226- Bonita Springs, FL 34135 .

Third: Your letters of hope and caring sent to Andy in jail will lift his spirits and lighten his burden. This address should be good until the hearing Faye says is on August 29. He gets his mail on Tuesdays and Saturdays so you might want to time it for those delivery days. Remember that they read his mail so be careful what you say in them.
1901 East St. SE
Med-96 Inmate 335084
Washington DC 20003
Note: I have not forgotten Andy's plight and there is still an out-of-the-box legal path to help him that I'm continuing to explore.

Fourth: This is from Dwight Schweitzer who filed the lawsuit against the government regarding the illegal raid on ASD:
"Well we have been dealt a setback today...the judge here agreed with the government to transfer us to the District Court in Washington DC... The same judge who railroaded Andy. I will make a motion for her to recuse herself and if she will not (and she will not) I will take an appeal."

Fifth: ASD Member Joe Shoop did not give up regarding getting his ASD money back from the government and has been working tirelessly for several months to arrange another opportunity for ASD Members to apply to get their money back. He not only succeeded but has also volunteered to facilitate this. We are very grateful to Joe for his persistence and his efforts. If you want to apply to get your funds back from the government, please look at the email to follow. Note: To receive your funds back, you will need to provide proof of your ASD purchases by including copies of money orders, etc. with your application.
Many people did not apply earlier because the application essentially stated that their "investment" in ASD was a ponzie scheme, rather than a purchase of advertising, and we all know that isn't true. However, now that there will be no trial, due to the fact that Andy accepted a plea bargain instead, the game has changed and the concern about how those statements in the applications would affect the trial are no longer valid. Having said that, if the application requires you to make the same statements, I am still recommending that you add a separate notarized page to your application labeled "Clarification Addendum" stating something to the effect that you did not make an investment in AdSurfDaily; you purchased advertising, and that this application represents your request to have your advertising money returned.
Please don't request a remission from the government if you made a profit in your AdSurfDaily business.

It is very important that you do not post any of my ASD updates (or anyone else's ASD updates) on a public chat, forum, blog or website.
I hope this has been helpful.
Blessings,
Sara

Of course, I am being bad by posting this on a forum, how dare I???

Wizzie, I'm shocked. I am really truly shocked. How could you? Now get right back into the kitchen and start baking Andy some of those brownies to cheer him up (I'm sorry he is having such a hellish time. Didn't they warn him at the Employment Office that a job as a money magnet was a high risk occupation.?)

Whip
08-14-2012, 09:13 PM
"It's a trap, I tell you!!!"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif?iact=hc&vpx=108&vpy=147&dur=2113&hovh=256&hovw=197&tx=99&ty=144&sig=115069285788528782256&ei=XgUrULSyOomi6wGa4YGoCA&page=1&tbnh=119&tbnw=92&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:142

Wizzard7
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
The Government has filed a Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing, it comprises around 110 pages of exhibits and recommendations. The exhibits begin with the Alabama fraud(s) guilty pleas and statements of offense. It also has a document in which Andy admits that he and Gary Talbert started AVG months after the seizure of ASD and that he (Andy) was to get two thirds of the profits.

In addition, it has a statement from an attorney who advised James C. Hill (aka J.C.) on how to operate legally, something he did not listen to very well.

I have posted the main document and one exhibit on the Files website (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents). The other documents will follow soon.

scratchycat
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
1901 East St. SE
Med-96 Inmate 335084
Washington DC 20003

Dear Andy,

Even if you are guilty as you have stated it is because that judge railroaded you into a confession I just know it! We are going to appeal again, again, again. What age are you now? Well we hope to get you out before you die as you are so neglected and receive such bad treatment behind bars. You have our sympathy even if you did take our money and buy estates, yatchs, and fill up off shore accounts with it. We are here for you now and forever. We are still trying to get our money back but the big bad government is taking sooooo long. By the way, Andy, how are you feeling after eating those brownies we baked for you??

We feel soooo sorry for you and just wish you had not spent our money on your own luxury, we could have used it to pay our bills and buy groceries.
Have a good day, we have your back.
Your adoring and admiring "been had" fan,
ASD affiliate

(well after all, had I been taken, he would be receiving a lots worse letter from me!!!)

path2prosperity
08-15-2012, 04:37 PM
The fact that Andy is finding life in jail to be the nearest thing to hell tells us that he is unable to convince his fellow cons that he has a stach of loot. If they thought he was worth anything or could buy him favours, his life in any jail could be more comfortable.

scratchycat
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Just ran across this WARNING back in August 2008 from a member in Scamland that he was notified to stop promoting ASD by Admins - now who were those?

A WARNING FROM PHILOXENIA-ASD AdSurfDaily Admin seized by US Attorney General | View Thread | AdlandPro Community (http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/1086398/A-WARNING-FROM-PHILOXENIAASD-AdSurfDaily-Admin-seized-by-US-Attorney-General/1.aspx)

I do not believe that Andy Bowden is a crook, or anything that is said about him. I do know how the government is in making charges. I have been through this so many times, and it is always the SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) thinks they always right. But you never seen any of the money. All are riped off.

So Andy gave us the message to wait until tomorrow 8-8-08 and he will give an up date. They will not allow him to say much at all. Andy has 4 top lawyers on the case with one on standby.

So lets keep the faith and pray for Andy, and our program of ASD. I think Andy wants to help as many people as possible. He has always been up front with us all. I will not believe that article in that paper.

Myrna

I wonder how much that lady lost in the deal and how her sponsor stays low in all of this. Well, it seems she did not!

Well, I must be here to upset the apple cart! LOL

ASD has been one of the best companies I have ever seen on the Internet, and I have been a member since 2006. Aside from a monumental software delay in early 2007, ASD has paid everytime on time without fail.

I have watched people who have never been successful at any Internet business absolutely excel in this business. And what is so ironical is the business model........if you don't show up for work, you don't get paid! I absolutely LOVE it....it not only helps people pay their bills, but it also teaches them responsibility.

What I think you may find quite interesting is that our wonderful government just decided it was time to freeze some funds - about 53 million worth! Now...there is no money and people are not being paid and it becomes a scam?????

What is even more interesting is this.........the official document states that the confiscation of real property and bank accounts falls under the catagory of MARITIME and ADMIRALTY LAW.

Yes, there are still people in America who think our constitution still exists and the government is above stealing money. What a sad state of affairs. LOL

So, there you have it! ASD is a gem! I invite everyone to say prayers for it's return.

Cheers, Jill

-------------

Hello Myrna!

Lets hope that the authorities came in right time! This kind o programs are ruining people. Many or our friends lost lots of money in similar programs.

I am happy that I did not upgrad. I was pressed very much to upgrade or to change sponsor to come in a better team. It is of no value to say who my friends were and I do not blame them, but I can say this: "when hearing about a cherry tree ful of cherries take a small basket".

I hope this will have a good end for my friends.
As for the Admin. I believe the authorities had a reason to act as they did.

Your friend
Geo

----------

Hello Jill!

Thank you for coming in and many thanks to your comment! It is good to have a positive comment for ASD too and that will calm down our friends who are in ASD.

It is awful when governments are involved in our business, the stock market, etc . I hope this will have a happy end for the members.

The authorities can make you up but they can aslo set you down. In 1999 our government gave directions to invest on stock market. It was said direct from the mouth of our Prime Minister. The whole country followed his recommendation. In few months the stock market collapsed and 90% lost a fortune and their properties changed owners.

Power is a dangerous tool and when distrustful people have that position many bad things happen.

I wish the best for my friends and all those who are involved.

Your friend

-----------

HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE and I am glad my Greek friend was smart enough not to invest in this loser. I am sure he knows who did though...

Wizzard7
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
New documents in the Bowdoin Criminal case!!

The government has entered a Motion for remissions!!!!! And Andy and his lawyer object to the sentencing recommendations.

The files (Doc 60 and 61) are on the files website (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents)

Lil Ol' Radical Me
08-24-2012, 03:42 PM
New documents in the Bowdoin Criminal case!!

The government has entered a Motion for remissions!!!!! And Andy and his lawyer object to the sentencing recommendations.

The files (Doc 60 and 61) are on the files website (https://sites.google.com/site/asdupdatesfiles/documents)

Oh Dear, poor Andy isn't happy. I suggest that stops making excuses and pretending to be repentant and remembers that Bernard Maddoff received 125 years in prison and was around the same age when he was caught. If he only gets 78 months, then he has got off very lightly.

Interesting to see the Government are talking about further remissions for victims, as some people, mainly overseas I believe, did not receive notice from Rush. Is this going to go though Rust or will it be direct from the DoJ? Do you have any information?

Wizzard7
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Nope, it is still a Motion before Judge Collyer, who has yet decided on it. Until such time as Her Honor signs an order, it is but a motion before the court.

No idea if they will go through Rust Consulting or not.

Wizzard7
08-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Andy Bowdoin has been sentenced to 78 months, according to sources. I will post the documents once they appear on PACER.

Judge Rosemary Collyer orders victim compensation!!!! A copy of the Order is on the Files website

Wizzard7
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM
In another of the many ASD related cases, this one (10-cv-02147) was a case entitles for the amount in the bank, and the near the last of Andy's money forfeited.

Date Filed # Docket Text
08/22/2012 24 MOTION to Withdraw Claim by UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Connelly, Catherine) (Entered: 08/22/2012)
09/06/2012 25 AFFIDAVIT In Support of Partial Default by UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. (Connelly, Catherine) (Entered: 09/06/2012)
09/10/2012 26 Clerk's ENTRY OF DEFAULT as to FUNDS TOTALING $496,505.34 (rdj) (Entered: 09/10/2012)

Wizzard7
09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
From BOP website:

THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN JR 31387-016 77-White-M UNKNOWN IN TRANSIT

Wizzard7
10-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Today I spoke with the Assistant US Attorney that is gathering information from prospective claimants, Ms. Toni Donato. I was told that in her conversations with the other attorneys involved, they expect something to happen within the next few months regarding Claim Forms and submission of documents.

To be considered for the 2nd remission, you must provide contact information to Ms. Donato in order to receive claim forms and instructions.

Her direct line is 202-252-7711

Wizzard7
10-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Those who want to be considered for Remissions must send:

Full name
Accurate, complete address
Amount of money you had in ASD
DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS at this time; you have to wait until claim forms come out and send documents with claim forms

To be considered for remissions you must give this information to AUSA Toni Donato. Her contact information is

Direct line 202-252-7711
Email toni.donato@usdoj.gov

You can also find information on remissions claim forms (in a month or so) on the US Attorney, DC website for ASD (http://www.justice.gov/usao/dc/programs/vw/adsurfdaily.html)

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to anyone I can think of who may not have received back their losses in ASD from Rust.

JustTooMuchTime
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Andy Bowdoin listed as an inmate in Florida Federal prison
Convicted Ponzi Schemer Andy Bowdoin Of AdSurfDaily Now Listed As Inmate In Florida Federal Prison (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2013/01/24/convicted-ponzi-schemer-andy-bowdoin-of-adsurfdaily-now-listed-as-inmate-in-florida-federal-prison/)

E2014T
08-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Andy Bowdoin listed as an inmate in Florida Federal prison
Convicted Ponzi Schemer Andy Bowdoin Of AdSurfDaily Now Listed As Inmate In Florida Federal Prison (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2013/01/24/convicted-ponzi-schemer-andy-bowdoin-of-adsurfdaily-now-listed-as-inmate-in-florida-federal-prison/)

Broken link

Not Found

It is possible the story you expected to find at this URL has been moved. Please use the search function in the upper-right corner of this page. Type in a short search string, press "Go," and the engine may return the story that once existed at this URL.

In any case, the correct link is to the BoP site
Inmate Locator (http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/)

THOMAS ANDERSON BOWDOIN
Register Number: 31387-016
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Pensacola FPC
Release Date: 02/07/2018

EagleOne
09-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Thanks updating the broken link.

Bestbud
05-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Andy Bowdoin Released…..

Andy Bowdoin Released….. – ASDUpdates.com (http://asdupdates.com/wordpress/archives/7355)

Soapboxmom
05-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Broken link. I can't believe he is really out. Curses!

Whip
05-18-2018, 09:37 AM
time off for good behavior I guess

Bestbud
05-18-2018, 09:41 AM
It looks like Bowdoin was sentenced to 78 months or 5.66 years years...

Thomas Anderson (Andy) Bowdoin, Jr. Arrives at Tallahassee FCI – ASDUpdates.com (http://asdupdates.com/wordpress/archives/3508)

littleroundman
05-18-2018, 10:50 AM
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/4609/PHCxDE.png

shipdit
05-18-2018, 11:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZdXBiEwnw

He was 78 years old in 2012 at sentencing, which should make him 84 now.

My, how time flies.

SD

EagleOne
03-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Thomas Anderson (Andy) Bowdoin, Jr. Arrives at Tallahassee FCI – ASDUpdates.com (http://asdupdates.com/wordpress/archives/3508)

Actually he was sentenced to 6.5 years (78 months), but only served 5.6 years due to time off for good behavior.