PDA

View Full Version : Dubli

noname999
10-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Okay folks, this is what's just landed in my inbox:

Hi there,

The company you will be introduced to on the webinar is called DubLi Network.
This live webinar presentation will be hosted by Dean Mannheimer the Global
Master Distributor of DubLi.

I have the great fortune to be aligned with Dean and we working closely together and
are building a large team of highly motivated individuals in this truly "Gamechanging"
program!

What DubLi has done is taken the successes of companies such as, Google,

Amazon, EBay, and ITunes and combined them under one roof. They have
everything tweeked just right and this company is the next "Gamechanger"!

DubLi will be a household name just like those companies I mentioned above.

You truly are in the right place at the right time!

As I said DubLi has already gone through the scrutiny from the federal regulators
and the SEC, so there's nothing to worry about in that regard.

Below is the link to register for the webinar.

Wednesday Oct. 17, 2012 9:30 P.M. Eastern 6:30 P.M. Pacific
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/593090210

I look forward to having you attend the webinar and helping you every step of the
way in getting started in this truly gamechanging opportunity!

Regards,

Joseph McDevitt

Above courtesy of Alkibone.

So what do people think of this new scheme?

Poyol
10-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Dubli? - Fraudwatchers (http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28229)

Alkibone
10-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Didn't realise this was so old ... first post on Fraudwatchers that Poyol posted above was April 2009!

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Didn't realise this was so old ... first post on Fraudwatchers that Poyol posted above was April 2009!

It's even older! Started in 2006 and has had various incarnations. It has "moved around" from country to country. It is like a lizard. When it's tail is cut off, it reemerges in another country in a slightly different form as the "new next best thing". It has a tremendous cult following.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=22350

and there is an excellent blog which has been going on for years that I will look up for you.

Whip
10-12-2012, 09:07 AM
What happened to my post?

Poyol
10-12-2012, 09:15 AM

What post?
Which post?
Where post?

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Duh? what post? Please repost it. This thread will be interesting. I am sure that, if they are running true to form, one of their shills will be here soon to defend it.

By the way - The Spin Factor blog on dubli which went on for thousands of posts has disappeared from the face of the web! The spanish blog disappeared in 2008/9 after some nasty threats were made to the owner from the Dubli Networks own IP, followed up by some legal threats, but I have no idea where this Australian based one went! http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2008/09/25/dubli-another-complex-scam/

This one is still up though, to give you an idea of how they operate.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1278895

The business opportunity used to be "the new ebay" and there were forums of a similar nature about that in several languages. They really seem to "get to" people. Cult like is a good description. Started by the Scandinavians, they go on and on and on. The funny thing is that no one has ever been able to prove that they made money as a BA - EVER, though a lot of people have lost money and friends through them.

Poyol
10-12-2012, 10:06 AM
DubLi, another complex scam » The Truth @ The Spin Factor (http://web.archive.org/web/20100414011801/http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2008/09/25/dubli-another-complex-scam/)

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks - it wasnt Waybacking for me. lol

This is the link you posted on the Banners Broker thread, Whip.

Yeah...good luck with that scam that's already failed in numerous countries.
Read the google cache here:
(Correction) GroobLi is not registered in Delaware » The Truth @ The Spin Factor (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-VXxX37bAVEJ:thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2008/11/03/dubli-is-not-registered-in-delaware/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

as it has promoters in common - one Joseph McDevett

path2prosperity
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
It's even older! Started in 2006 and has had various incarnations. It has "moved around" from country to country. It is like a lizard. When it's tail is cut off, it reemerges in another country in a slightly different form as the "new next best thing". It has a tremendous cult following.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=22350

and there is an excellent blog which has been going on for years that I will look up for you.

Well done you LORM for finding that it dated back to 2006.Where did all these things start?

The cult thing makes sense. I guess one could call "The Secret" a cult. They may have attracted similar people. Marylyne Ali AKA Martin has not posted in Adland since 2009 and I did not follow any posts about The Secret after watching the first video. There may be others drawn to both these "cults".

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Denmark via Germany

scratchycat
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
P2P remembered that Marilyn Ali Martin was connected with Dubli in some way. I did find this back when she was doing the Adland Newsletter but it is not her promoting it but another person who was featured.

I have always been in serious systems, so I had no idea that so many systems were so bad to join. I therefore started to work to take those systems down and beware my friends of them, as I do not like my friends to lose from them.

I was part of some serious systems I also tried to promote, but never the less I found out that many members of the community can not afford to join systems that cost money - especially those that cost some $100`s, but on the other hand give back more very fast. So I will not do too much to work with networking more here, as it takes a lot of time to work with team members and help them to success. Now I am a leader in DubLi , the next "eBay" in the world, and I know that even those who can't do network marketing will have success with this. They can have Shops where they can sell globally and be a part of a team that will grow sky high successful and globally.

My leaders tell me to stop using my time with communities and postings, as I lose money each day by doing it, but who can stop a person for loving his friends? Money is good, but there is so much that money cannot give.
GETTING TO KNOW OUR POWER MEMBERS

You may have seen those red letters "Power Member" beneath their pictures in a forum, but just who are these people? To answer that question we feature one such member each issue. Each issue of the Newsletter we will write about one member of the community that we find to be a very Interesting Power Member! In this issue we have chosen to feature Arild Haukeland
He is the featured person here in this info found through Google Search.
http://www.adlandpro.com/Opt-In-List/Archives/Community/mnl09.htm
I will save to OneNote and post later.

scratchycat
10-12-2012, 03:51 PM
That edition was in November 2006.

Lots of familiar names in that one!!

Whip
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Duh? what post? Please repost it. This thread will be interesting. I am sure that, if they are running true to form, one of their shills will be here soon to defend it.

By the way - The Spin Factor blog on dubli which went on for thousands of posts has disappeared from the face of the web! The spanish blog disappeared in 2008/9 after some nasty threats were made to the owner from the Dubli Networks own IP, followed up by some legal threats, but I have no idea where this Australian based one went! http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2008/09/25/dubli-another-complex-scam/

This one is still up though, to give you an idea of how they operate.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1278895

The business opportunity used to be "the new ebay" and there were forums of a similar nature about that in several languages. They really seem to "get to" people. Cult like is a good description. Started by the Scandinavians, they go on and on and on. The funny thing is that no one has ever been able to prove that they made money as a BA - EVER, though a lot of people have lost money and friends through them.

The spinfactor one poyol is now taking credit for. I copied and pasted the whole write up from google cache.

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
The spinfactor one poyol is now taking credit for. I copied and pasted the whole write up from google cache.

Well then I have to thank you. I couldn't find it on the Wayback Machine at all and it has a lot of valuable stuff in it.

Dubli is and always has been an atypical MLM. MLMs normally are started, promoted and run their course. This one was started and when it failed, the same people restarted in another place with a slightly different format for their "product". It started as "the new eBay" and then fizzled out after a disastrous flop in Europe and then morphed into a "reverse auction" site in other countries (although it was not a genuine reverse auction, but more of a pay to play with a twist) . It has had terrible publicity, especially from ex associates, but never quite dies.

Equally, it has never had a tangible product, but has always has had the appearance of one. Their real income comes from the Dubli Network (the network marketing part for IBAs) and not from their supposed product which has never been proved to have retail clients.

What is amazing is that they are coming out with the same old same old, including a listing on the Stock Exchange of ....(fill in blank) and people think it is new!

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
@P2P, Dubli was not very successful on AdlandPro and it is a bit of red herring to go down that route, except from a purely anecdotal point of view. Arild Haukland, who was a leading member of Adland in those days (2006/7) was one of their Country Managers (sic) during Dubli's first incarnation as the "next eBay", and although he promoted it heavily there had very little luck selling a program with an initial cost of 500€uros to join to a bunch of broke newbies looking to make a living on the internet, as was and is Adland. The only cheaper alternative was to have a "dubli shop", or the equivalent of an ebay store, which a few of us tried and from which nothing was ever sold by their owners.

Dubli was far more successful in the offline world, where the extraordinary persuasive recruiting tactics roped in more people in Europe, especially Spain, Germany and Scandinavia, until some of their own ex IBAs turned against them and exposed the reality. So, they simply moved on to the next incarnation, as a "reverse auction" and to the next country. And amazingly they are still around. Same owner and probably the same inner circle, leaving in their wake disgusted IBAs.

EagleOne
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I can't believe they are tryng to revive this dead horse. It didn't work before and it won't work now. There aren't enough new people they can get signed up in this, especially now with the Christmas buying season upon us in 3-5 weeks, to make this last through the end of the year.

It has been a while since I last looked at this, but I think this turkey has been banned in 2 or 3 countries now. Anyone putting any money into this might as well set their money on fire, because they will lose it.

path2prosperity
10-12-2012, 05:19 PM
That edition was in November 2006.

Lots of familiar names in that one!!

Most of my mates at Adland had left by 2006 and I hardly ever went there from 2006- 2010 but I hope one of those people will join RS. That member could be very helpful to a modern historian.

path2prosperity
10-12-2012, 05:32 PM
@P2P, Dubli was not very successful on AdlandPro and it is a bit of red herring to go down that route, except from a purely anecdotal point of view.

This is history not a few anecdotes. We don't want modern historians thinking they are a cut above other professions.

You are an invaluable source of information on some things. We don't want you keeping a low profile. How many people speak Finnish? You know a few. Not many speak Czechoslovakian?. Somebody who can and is cleared to work on military projects in UK will be spending most of tomorrow at my home? it could be a good time to contact me if anything interesting from that country turns up.

I think Arild was Norwegian. His Internet marketing lessons were a joke and a half so I lost interest in him.

Poyol
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry to offend, Whip ... I didn't see you post.

Will post more tomorrow, when I've had a chance to look into this company a bit more.

Jason

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I can't believe they are tryng to revive this dead horse. It didn't work before and it won't work now. There aren't enough new people they can get signed up in this, especially now with the Christmas buying season upon us in 3-5 weeks, to make this last through the end of the year.

It has been a while since I last looked at this, but I think this turkey has been banned in 2 or 3 countries now. Anyone putting any money into this might as well set their money on fire, because they will lose it.

They were certainly seen off here in Spain - not by law enforcement, but by pressure from the public. Their erstwhile super promoter Santiago Fuentes (ex Ubiphone and various failed MLMs) then teamed up with German Cardona of Finanzas Forex (Evolution Marketing Group) fame which ended him up in jail although he seems to have learnt nothing from it and is now a founder member of Organo Gold along with Holton Buggs (ex YTB International) Yubiris Chourio (TELME, a Bolivian ponzi) and Roger Vallejos, (ex Herbalife) . Many others have disappeared or are keeping a low profile. The most extraordinary thing is that they keep reappearing in one form or another, most recently in Australia, and their founder, the Danish Michael Hansen, is STILL around and STILL reinventing dubli.

Whilst it is obvious that anyone going near this set up will lose their money, Hansen is still making his $$$, Yen, Euros...he doesn't care which.

path2prosperity
10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Sorry to offend, Whip ... I didn't see you post.

Will post more tomorrow, when I've had a chance to look into this company a bit more.

Jason

Loads of things get attributed to the wrong person Payol/Whip. That's life. Best rule of thumb on these matters?

I would say that Marie Lloyd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Lloyd) summed up the principles very succinctly. "It's the rich what gets the pleasure but the poor what gets the blame"

Change a few words and you will both be winners. My favourite Marie Lloyd story about her version of a song is quoted as an apocryphal tale on Wikepedia but both my parents loved Edwardian music hall and talked about her best know songs. They heard her singing both versions of that famous song.

From wikepedia.

An apocryphal tale, though indicative of her reputation, suggests that when moralists objected to a song "I Sits Among the Cabbages and Peas", with its double entendre for urination, she altered the lyrics to "I sits among the cabbages and leeks".

scratchycat
10-13-2012, 01:58 PM

Can't you just repost it or did you lose it?? Sorry about that, I have started coping mine before posting just in case...

scratchycat
10-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Last updated: 9/29/09.

Special update: The Xpress auction numbers are extremely suspicious. According to the numbers, people are passing up the opportunity to buy $200 Mastercards at the price of even $100, and are eventually sold for $78 or less. This is highly unrealistic. (Courtesy of beavis the conqueror).

Who runs Dubli?

DubLi, another complex scam » The Truth @ The Spin Factor (http://web.archive.org/web/20100414011801/http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2008/09/25/dubli-another-complex-scam/)

I call that a bit of history also but it is somewhere to start and I imagine most all the programs were tried out in Adland back when. It never hurts to get the full picture, history and present. Since I know absolutely zero about this program, my input is nil and I will stick with what I have investigated or know. You guys are doing great! My only connection was the mention of Marilyn Ali Martin of whom I know very little also. As for Arild Haukland, he has shown up in Adlanders in Facebook as promoting some other program in recent months.

path2prosperity
10-14-2012, 03:46 PM
@P2P, Dubli was not very successful on AdlandPro

Dubli may not have been very successful on Adland but Marylyn was a Queen Bee for a while and she may be able to provide some historical evidence for us. I know how to contact Marylyn. She told me that she left Adland because it was taken over by scammers. If any ex Adlanders know where to contact her, she may be persuaded to join RS and tell us what she knows about Dubli.

I am only interested in growing my network off line. We need to know a handful of people online who have and still do offer genuine products and services online. You were one of the few who had a good product and I hope that find more like you and a few others who advertised real businesses and those who can provide some historical evidence against the creeps from these ponzi promoting forums.

scratchycat
10-14-2012, 05:04 PM
She is in my friend's list in Facebook.

Marilyn L. Martin (https://www.facebook.com/marilynm97)

path2prosperity
10-14-2012, 05:41 PM
She is in my friend's list in Facebook.

Marilyn L. Martin (https://www.facebook.com/marilynm97)

That is where I contacted her. She replied to say that she had left Adlandpro when it became a scammer's paradise. She could be an asset here.

Poyol
10-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Marilyn L Martin on Facebook her picture has 'Official Text Cash Badge' what is this?

Text Cash Network

www.textcashnetwork.com
http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/12/14/police-confirm-that-name-of-text-cash-network-does-not-appear-on-building-in-boca-raton-fla/

Hm ...

scratchycat
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Marilyn L Martin on Facebook her picture has 'Official Text Cash Badge' what is this?

Text Cash Network

Text Cash Network (http://www.textcashnetwork.com)
Police Confirm That Name Of Text Cash Network Does Not Appear On Building In Boca Raton, Fla. (http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/12/14/police-confirm-that-name-of-text-cash-network-does-not-appear-on-building-in-boca-raton-fla/)

Hm ...

Could call for another thread on that one, don't you think?

scratchycat
10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
That is where I contacted her. She replied to say that she had left Adlandpro when it became a scammer's paradise. She could be an asset here.

I will just send you a message P2P of my thoughts on that. I know we have ex-Adlanders here who are more acquainted with this person than I am.

Poyol
10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Could call for another thread on that one, don't you think?

I'll start one now!

Jason

Lil Ol' Radical Me
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I'll start one now!

Jason

Great. At least that way the Dubli thread won't go wildly off topic!

On the subject of Dubli / Dubli Network - ADMIN, this should be in the MLM section. Dubli is and always has been (very expensive) multi level marketing scheme, whether it was their original "ebay competitor" or their supposed reverse auction. It was never an option for people who wanted a "passive income" like the autosurfs and other HYIPs. They started out selling on line stores, along the ebay pattern of Power Sellers, and then other various online shopping products. This by no means gives them credit for running a legal and honest business, but does clarify its nature - dodgy MLM not HYIP

It is also particularly pernicious as due to its entry price (500€uros in 2006) it was not very popular with the online hustlers and was sold offline to people who had little or no knowledge of the non MLM, non product world. There were some very big MLM networkers involved at the beginning, including some senior ex herbalife executives.