PDA

View Full Version : The Lollipop Diet

Doc Bunkum
07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Seems this one is picking up steam on the internet. People's in-boxes are being spammed to join this "amazing" opportunity.

Hilarious!

I just looked at one promoters site pushing these things - My Company Sends Out FREE PowerPop Diet Samples For Me! (http://www.betternetworker.com/classifieds/view/my-company-sends-out-free-powerpop-diet-samples-for-me-get-free-samples-now)

The secret to how these things work is " how you suck on a PowerPop weight loss lollipop".

Is there some subliminal message here?:RpS_laugh:

Seriously lady, if you're going to promote these things and include your picture in your ad, don't you think maybe you should at least look as if you've sucked on some of these lollipops at some point in your life? :RpS_confused:

In case anybody's at all interested, there's only one way a person looses weight, short of surgery, and it's not sucking lollipops.

The instructions given with these pops should be a clue of what's going on here.

1. Eat one hoodia lollipop with an 8-ounce glass of spring water about 30 minutes before you eat breakfast.

2. Eat another of your hoodia lollipops with an 8-ounce glass of spring water about 30 minutes before having lunch.

3. Eat another hoodia lollipop with an 8-ounce glass of spring water about 30 minutes before dinner time.

4. Repeat these steps daily until the desired amount of weight is lost. This time can vary, but as with any diet, you'll need to stick with it to see results.

Gee, really? :RpS_confused:

As in all diets, losing "weight" is not the hard part. Maintaining the "weight" loss is.

What's the chances you think these things work long term?

A Life Aloft
07-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Frankly, if you simply drank an 8 ounce glass of water before every single meal and didn't eat any snacks in between, the water alone, would help to fill your stomach, make you less "hungry" and you would feel like eating less at each meal and you would eat less, because you would become more "full" quicker. lol

The key to weight loss has nothing to do with diets, or pills, or powders, or drinks or any other products that you must pay for and buy at any store, online or through any MLM. You simply have to take in less calories than you burn off. That's it. Period. Works every time and it's free.

If you want to take it further, you exercise and eat well, don't eat garbage and eat smaller, healthier portions. EAT LESS - MOVE MORE and voila, you will lose weight.

The problem, is that people are simply to lazy and are looking for some kind of magic that will just make the pounds fly off without any real effort on their part. That will never happen. It's a lifestyle change that needs to be followed for your entire life. Even when people go drastic/extreme and have gastric by-pass surgery, they often put the weight right back on, because nothing has changed in their eating, exercise and lifestyle habits. Their are no quick fixes. It took years to gain all that fat and it will take time to lose it.

Foolmewunz
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Ah, yes. Hoodia Gordoni. Had a run about four years ago after that 60 Minutes Leslie Stahl "plug". The big boys went at it, Merck and Pfizer, I think, and released their findings and processes to the general public. Think Big Pharma would release such info if they found any actual value in a product in the huge dieting/obesity market? Think again.
That's why it's devolved into trendiness and MLM structures. Like all the other MLM elixirs, it's just a hugely over-priced item due to having to feed all those people in the upstream.

It's not FDA approved because it's a supplement rather than a medication. "It's natural". Such a wonderful selling line! Someone might want to tell Socrates.