PDA

View Full Version : Mormon Church & Nu Skin - Bad Business/Bad Bedfellows

Doc Bunkum
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Mormons Anonymous (http://mormonsanonymous.blogspot.ca/)

Mormons raising awareness to help fellow members remain faithful through the prophesied apostasy.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why the Church leaders are in support of Nu Skin Enterprises, one of Utah County's many multi-level marketing based companies, no doubt the biggest, however, a sham all the same. Anyone who has ever tried their hand in joining one of these sham/scams knows the game and how it's played. Church leaders advise members to stay away from pyramid schemes but apparently they don't feel Nu Skin is one of those or they wouldn't build a Temple on the same block!

This photo was taken in March 2012. The Nu Skin Enterprises headquarters is situated on the northwest corner of the block while the burnt out LDS tabernacle stands on the southeast corner. A parking garage owned by Nu Skin sits on the southwest corner and a grassy area occupies the remaining quarter. Behind the Nu Skin building, a yellow crane is in position working on the new addition, the Nu Skin Innovation Center.

Architectural model of completed Innovation Center on display
inside Nu Skin's lobby.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mwn1mOE4Yvo/T89oJa4FeDI/AAAAAAAAAA8/ZecWL0AGho8/s640/000_0051.JPG

At the time of this photo, the original Provo Tabernacle was being uncovered and studied by the BYU Archeological department before the stones were going to be handed over to the city to be placed around town in public locations as memorials to the early pioneers who risked life and limb entering this valley.

As much as it will be nice to attend a second temple in Provo, I cringe at the thought of parking my car and having to walk past Nu Skin's monstrosity of a building, knowing that several of their leaders are in high up positions within the Church. Steve Lund was called to the 5th Quorum of the Seventy in 2009, and Blake Roney is heading to France to serve as Mission President.

This example of the Church choosing to be so closely related to a pyramid-type business and exalting the shady leaders to General Authorities, causing myself and others who "speak ill of the Lord's anointed" to possibly be disciplined - even excommunicated - is the reason I write anonymously. It is the reason I openly object and feel I must raise awareness to my fellow Mormons who know the Gospel is true, yet question the decisions of the leaders.