PDA

View Full Version : Scientology = Pyramid Scheme

Soapboxmom
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Bay Area Great Grandson Of L. Ron Hubbard Blasts Scientology « CBS San Francisco (http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/07/25/bay-area-great-grandson-of-l-ron-hubbard-blasts-scientology/)

He called Hubbard a “portly red-headed charismatic lying con-man pseudoscience self-help author.”

DeWolf called his great grandfather’s ministry a “pyramid scheme that sells secrets and they sell them under the guise of self-help.”

oldfriend
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Hey, I'll admit it. I went to a Scientology "church service" once....been years, but didn't take me more than the one visit to realize there was something not quite right about it.

Its a money making racket.

You go there to get pitched on books. That's it in a nutshell!

mirele
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey, I'll admit it. I went to a Scientology "church service" once....been years, but didn't take me more than the one visit to realize there was something not quite right about it.

Its a money making racket.

You go there to get pitched on books. That's it in a nutshell!

Not just books. Dianetics is just the beginning. They rope you into taking their "Oxford Capacity Analysis" (has nothing to do with Oxford U) and then the staff at the org try to "find your ruin" and sell you courses. And more books. And auditing. And try to get you on L. Ron Tubtard's "Bridge to Total Freedom" aka "Permit to Have Scientology Hoover Your Wallet."

The sums of money we're talking about here would make you blush--but don't take my word for it. Here's what happened to Brian Culkin, a yoga instructor from California:

How much do you have in the bank?

"Anywhere else in society … it's a very rude, invasive, kind of offensive question," Brian Culkin said.

Not in the Church of Scientology.

Culkin balked when fundraisers for the International Association of Scientologists questioned him about his bank balance in the summer of 2009. But they kept pressing.

Why don't you just tell us?

What are you hiding?

Culkin trusted his new friends at Scientology's Flag Land Base in Clearwater, so he gave in and told them.

The six-figure sum got the attention of Flag's "registrars," the religious workers who collect payments for church services and solicit donations for Scientology causes. No matter how much he gave, Culkin said they pestered him almost every day to give more. He ended up spending $330,000 on church services and donations during the year he spent in Scientology.

Large groups of registrars for the IAS repeatedly approached him, pressing him to give. Another registrar hounded him to spend thousands on counseling. One day, two church staffers from different departments tugged at his arms in a hallway, competing for a donation.

From: A young man looked for answers, found a 'money-hungry cult' (and there's more where you find that) November 13, 2011
A young man looked for answers, found a 'money-hungry cult' - Tampa Bay Times (http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201168.ece)

Scientology--stay away is all I can say. "Total Freedom" isn't all it's cracked up to be and it will cost you everything.

scratchycat
01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
That is a really sad story! I am happy he finally went home to never return! Mostly when I think of scientology is the popularity it has received from media coverage of Tom Cruise. A Google search brought this up:

Tom Cruise’s Ex-Girlfriend and Other Former Scientologists Lash Out In Never-Before-Heard Anti-Scientology Rap

John Cook

Tom Cruise's Ex-Girlfriend and Other Former Scientologists Lash Out In Never-Before-Heard Anti-Scientology Rap Tom Cruise's Ex-Girlfriend and Other Former Scientologists Lash Out In Never-Before-Heard Anti-Scientology Rap Scientology damages people. For proof, look no further than this bizarre anti-Scientology rap produced by a who's who of prominent apostate members of the cult—from its former top spokesman to Tom Cruise's former confessor to Cruise's Xenu-approved ex-girlfriend. It's like the We Are the World of the anti-Scientology movement.

The brainchild behind this all-star effort is Titziano Lugli, a Los Angeles-based Italian producer and musician who was ex-communicated from Scientology in 2010. (We got the video above from former Village Voice editor and veteran Scientology watchdog Tony Ortega.) Lugli invited Marty Rathbun, a former Scientologist who was powerful enough in the church's hierarchy to serve as Cruise's "auditor," or spiritual interrogator, to tell the story of his ongoing battle with church leader David Miscavige in rhyme. (Sample: "the little dictator ain't nothin' but a hack / Or like Kobe says, 'You can't guard me jack.'" Really.) It also features a contribution from Mike Rinder, the Australian former head of PR for the church who could be seen representing Scientology by spitting out red-faced accusations of bigotry on cable news before "blowing" five years ago:

Tom Cruise's Ex-Girlfriend and Other Former Scientologists Lash Out In Never-Before-Heard Anti-Scientology Rap (http://gawker.com/5967150/tom-cruises-ex+girlfriend-and-other-former-scientologists-lash-out-in-never+before+heard-anti+scientology-rap)

scratchycat
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Just dial up Mesa Huerfanita on Google Earth and you’ll find a nearby mountain scarred by a long concrete strip with a short leg at the northern end pointing east. That’s the loony church’s private airport.

A zig-zag white line from the strip heads north. That’s the church’s private road. It leads to the two linked circles — invisible from the land below.

The spot is north of Roswell — a town linked to UFO sightings.

My mobile phone signal dies as soon as I turn off the freeway. This is harsh country like something from a John Wayne western.

The closest settlement, Trementina, is virtually a ghost town. But an old local gives me directions to Trementina Base: Take the dirt track, drive for 30 miles, then you’ll find a gate.

My driver is Marc Headley, a former Scientologist who says he was “audited” — given spiritual counselling — by Tom Cruise, Hollywood superstar and leading church member.

Read more: Alien cathedral built by Tom Cruise's Scientology pals | The Sun |Features (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4719205/scientology-tom-cruise-alien-cathedral-new-mexico-hello-message.html#ixzz2Gpg62pno)

oldfriend
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Reminds me of the movie with Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin - Bowfinger.
The organization Mindhead - LOL

Check out this clip! (http://www.anyclip.com/movies/bowfinger/mindhead-therapeutic-session/)

Beacon
02-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't look upion Scientology as a pyramid scheme.
But i certainly think of it as a money scam.
I have spent a LONG time studying the inner teachings and workings of Scientology.
It was one of my first interests on the internet.
Ill give this a whirl and see if you understand me.
One could claim I'm "hatted" for debunking scientology
I particularly wonder about NOT's which you will have spent maybe a million dollars to get to
or the L rundowns
You can get all that stuff here
Operation Clambake Presents: The Scientology SECRET Library (http://www.xenu.net/archive/secret.html)

IIR Scientology are really nasty in litigating people.
They took someone to court for infringing on they copyright by publishing all there "secret levels"
Her turned uypi and asked them to confirm that all the material they were sueing them for and which he was admitting to public court record was in fact their "inner secrets"
Guess what? they dropped the case.