PDA

View Full Version : Kerry O'Hein’s Great Prediction

Doc Bunkum
07-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Okay, I'm going out on the limb here to prove Heiney wrong.

I just looked at the numbers before posting this: Threads 131; Posts 1,719; Members 65

The other day Heiney made this prediction over on scam.com:

SBM's goofy little forum opened a week or so ago, and she's got almost 50 members!

50 members does NOT mean 50 posters.

Just thought I'd clarify that. This site has 154,000 members. SBM's has 50. And that's about all she wrote. I'll be shocked if they end with 100 members.

Watch out for that door on your way out...:judges:

Kerry

So let's prove this guy wrong!

And one way we'll do that is to keep the quality of our posts up.

IMHO

Subway_Eat Fresh!!!
07-04-2010, 12:31 PM
The problem that this site is facing is that it is not very high on the search engines as it is with scam.com. This may be improved over time. When you type "real scam" into google the site doesnt even show up on the first page. When you type realscam into google were number one.

But, who on earth is going to type "Realscam or Real Scam" into google????!!!!!!. Hardly anybody I can assure you. The real winner is when you type scam into google scam.com is number one and this forum is lost somewhere in the pages and pages of google. I will admit we will have a hard time competing with scam.com when people type scam and there opportunity into google.

That is the challenge that this site will be facing

Doc Bunkum
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I will admit we will have a hard time competing with scam.com when people type scam and there opportunity into google.

That is the challenge that this site will be facing

The question is though, is "scam" the search term people add to a company name when they want to learn more about a company?

Take for instance that Great Expectations dating service you started a thread about.

I did a search for the term "Great Expectations dating about" to learn more (a common search term I would think).

Then Google offered these related search terms:

Searches related to Great Expectations dating about

great expectations dating fraud

So I clicked on dating fraud and Google gave me more search terms:

Searches related to great expectations dating fraud

great expectations dating complaints

So I clicked on dating complaints and Google gave me more search terms:

Searches related to great expectations dating complaints

great expectations consumer complaints

Thing is, "scam" never came up - at least as far as I dug.

So hopefully, once the SERP's starting picking up this site, the listings will be due to the content of the posts rather than just saying something is a scam.

IMHO

Earl Lee Tobed
07-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Like all good things---it takes time.SEO optimisation,I believe is already underway,Google Yahoo and the rest will soon find us.As Doc says,'quality posts' are needed,so lets leave the rest in the waste bin.

Sojustask
07-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I think that if the posts and information are good, then word of mouth will do as much good for this site as Google search words.

Whip
07-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Are we trying to make him post another crying 'I quit the interwebs. I don't want to be a mod anymore. Somebody please love me....I'll bring the straws' post somewhere?

Soapboxmom
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
The dear boy had his SOC landing page on his home page over yonder. Think large mansion, cars, beautiful people and the whole nine yards. He spoke often of the great potential MLM has. He has been in about 9? He manages a small apartment complex and hasn't made more than $800 a month in MLM. So, I would think the very kind man might have a crystal ball that has a few cracks in it. I would not buy into any stories he tells of potential or his predictions. He isn't exactly batting a thousand.

This site is going gangbusters and we will hopefully be a welcoming place for all and filled with lively discussions on every topic imaginable.

Soapboxmom

EagleOne
07-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Not sure how much it will help or not, but adding this link to our website and deleting scam.

Soapboxmom
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Kerry was off in space again. But, since he, ChrisDoyle and iamwil have abandoned Scam that place is going to see a huge drop in traffic. Folks can't get good information there, but the comedy routine of the Three Stooges did draw a crowd of voyeurs who loved watching them make complete fools of themselves.

Soapboxmom

Whip
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Kerry was off in space again. But, since he, ChrisDoyle and iamwil have abandoned Scam that place is going to see a huge drop in traffic. Folks can't get good information there, but the comedy routine of the Three Stooges did draw a crowd of voyeurs who loved watching them make complete fools of themselves.

Soapboxmom

Did he post another cryfest "I quit teh interwebs" diatribe again?

Theophilus
12-22-2010, 03:11 AM
When I used to read the posts on scam between Kerry and Chris, I would always think of them as Bevis and Butthead.

MLM is cool....... ya,ya.