PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people learn?

oldcoot
07-08-2012, 03:53 AM
I have written a short article in Kooiii (http://kooiii.com/articles/137/are-we-learning-yet) and invite you all to read it.
There is a huge credibility gap for me when others speak of human beings as being "inteligent".
As I read through the many "anti-scam" sites and forums that there are, I am amazed at the level of credibility attained by scammers and their affiliates.
It makes me wonder just how effective these people could be if they ever tried to sell a legitimate product. Anybody who can make the most incredible lies sound like the gospel truth must surely be in with a chance of making huge amounts of profits.
Sadly, as Ad Surf Daily has shown, there seems to be a basic desire or requirement by web surfers to be lied to and cheated.
List members allow themselves to be exploited multiple times before realising that they are running out of money or that their "leader" is fleecing them.
The web is replete with warnings and examples of the ways people can be robbed and yet scamming (and being scammed?) seems to be as popular as ever.
Why don't people learn?
What are we doing wrong - or not doing at all?

kschang
07-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Gullible people don't learn because it's in their nature. They trust the "wrong" people and does not question them.

You *could* say they "learned" to trust people by picking up the wrong cues and does not recognize the warning signs, and the "leaders" of such scams are very often masters of propaganda where they say just enough to plant the idea in your head, and your OWN MIND embellish the rest.

How does someone become gullible and why? How can you tell if you are? How can it be corrected? (http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/How-does-a-person-become-gullible-and-why-How-can-it-be-corrected)

The availability of Internet only made such people far easier to find and exploit.

littleroundman
07-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Why don't people learn?

I learned the answer to that question years ago.

It's simple.

"Because they don't"

Naivety ?

Greed ?

Desperation ?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

There's people willing to take advantage of whatever it is, and rip others off.

THAT'S what keeps me doing "this"

NO ONE deserves to be ripped off and NO ONE has the right to do it.

path2prosperity
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM
I have written a short article in Kooiii (http://kooiii.com/articles/137/are-we-learning-yet) and invite you all to read it.

I enjoyed your article "oldcoot." I have tried to contact you on SKYPE and your messages were returned. I think people do learn but it takes time. The answer is in natural selection and the survival of the fittest. The fittest evolving system is cyberspace. The old rulers need defeating before we will see many civilised corners in cyberspace. We had better not get onto evolution but I believe that it is part of a vast eternal plan.

I wrote a web page about Bob Krimm in 2007, which incensed his followers. I enclose an extract

Bob Krimm’s video was supposed to have been broadcast in the UK during the early hours of Sunday morning March 4th 2007. I had decided not to watch it, as it was my considered opinion, that Bob Krimm was highly unlikely to make a video which would tell me anything that I have not heard or seen before. I bought an English translation of two books yesterday that everybody in “The Krimm Empire” should read.

Millions of people in this day and age consider the author of these books to be the greatest play write, director and performing artist who has ever walked the face of this planet. When did he write the books? I am not quite sure but I do know that it was more than two thousand years ago. I am certain that we can all learn a bit of drama from Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey.

What can Homer tell us about about Bob Krimm?

Homer’s main characters are alpha males and the behaviour patterns that he describes, show us that alpha males and top dogs have not changed very much in two thousand years.

What can monkey’s behaviour patterns tell us about Bob Krimm?

The behaviour of our primate cousins tells us a great deal about alpha males and their relationships with females or other males, which the alpha believes to be beneath him in the natural pecking order. There is only one or two percent difference between human and chimpanzee DNA so it is reasonably safe to assume that there is not very much difference between the behaviour of alpha males and females in monkey troupes and human hierarchies.

Video can capture various aspects of animal behaviour which eluded Homer. If you want to watch some brilliant videos on alpha males and their favourite team mates, do a Google Search using Key Words like Discovery Channel, Discovery Animal Planet, Monkey World or Monkey Business and watch a few.

The Alpha Male in a Monkey Breeding Troupe. Dare I call him Bob

There is only one breeding troupe in “Monkey World Ape Sanctuary,” It is great viewing as they are so like humans. Other males, including aspiring alpha males (Silverback's), hang around in bachelor groups until they win a few battles and assemble a troupe of their own. When two troupes have a dispute, there is a hell of a hullabaloo. The dominant males pose, posture, gesture and whip up hormone levels to such an extent that the females and subservient males start behaving in a way that could be described as a state of tumescence. They receive some sort of exciting messages from male scent glands which are incomprehensible to Homo Sapiens. If you watch their body language it might help you to decipher some of the gestures and body language in The Krimm Videos.

There is order and discipline in a primate breeding troupe. All members know their place and exhibit behaviour which the alpha male expects from them. The message that they all understand are the order to be silent and patient. These alerts also include threats to discipline those who disobey and show any signs of having any initiative. Gorilla Bob and Bob Krimm have a lot of behavioural traits in common.

Silverback bachelors and females that the alpha regards as being of no use as breeding stock are relegated to a troupe which usually behaves like a disorganised rabble. The aspiring males and females in this echelon crave for battle or the opportunity to mate with one of the breeding troupe and propagate some really strong genes .

Via Viente. Bob’s Jungle Juice. Do Your Due Dilligence

Civilised communities have been selling squashed jungle berries since time immemorial. It used to be called “The Elixir of The Gods.” Homer must have far more information on the subject. If any readers of this publication are Classical Greek scholars or comedians, please suggest a name for the concoction which Bob calls ViaViente and I call Bob’s Jungle Juice.”

What effect did “The Elixir of the Gods.” have on the human body parts and the human brain’s pleasure centres? I can not wait to start reading Homer again. It is reputed to have increased a mortal’s life span if the mortal could scrounge some from the Mount Olympian Gods’s dining table. As the Gods spent a lot of their time in drunken stupors, that did happen on rare occasions. The swill probably helped the Gods to alleviate some of the worst damage caused from war wounds, hangovers and DTs. It may have eased physical pain in one way or another. I can not remember much about The Elixir. Start reading Homer lads and lasses. This is the ideal time to do some research which will keep the Krimm team on their toes for a long, long time.

What has stuck in my mind for fifty or more years is the effect that The Elixir had on the Mount Olympian Goddesses, when their male counterparts had swilled it by the gallon. Most of the Gods carried on drinking until they fell asleep under the table. The female immortals were left feeling a bit randy, so they lusted after mortal flesh. What could they do about that fantasy? Homer gives us the answer.

It was tradition in ancient Greece for the alpha males, (usually the conquering Generals) to strip naked and allow the maidens to bath them in public, usually in “The Market Place.” Even randy Goddesses need to perpetrate stronger genes when their gods are effete.

Moral defeat places like Scamland and you can start teaching people willing to learn. This "old trout" loved learning interesting things from you.

scratchycat
07-08-2012, 09:11 AM
There is a huge credibility gap for me when others speak of human beings as being "inteligent".
As I read through the many "anti-scam" sites and forums that there are, I am amazed at the level of credibility attained by scammers and their affiliates.
It makes me wonder just how effective these people could be if they ever tried to sell a legitimate product. Anybody who can make the most incredible lies sound like the gospel truth must surely be in with a chance of making huge amounts of profits.
Sadly, as Ad Surf Daily has shown, there seems to be a basic desire or requirement by web surfers to be lied to and cheated.
List members allow themselves to be exploited multiple times before realising that they are running out of money or that their "leader" is fleecing them.
The web is replete with warnings and examples of the ways people can be robbed and yet scamming (and being scammed?) seems to be as popular as ever.
Why don't people learn?
What are we doing wrong - or not doing at all?

Very well written article "oldcoot"!! I like the way you explained it from the start and especially of how it was exploited in Adlandpro now referred to as Scamlandpro by many articles found in search engines. I only heard about it after it was being brought down and that through a person who had lost money because the SEC had closed it!! I was posting information about scams and fraud at the time.

People just can't see beyond that $ sign and want to make a quick buck so they will try anything.

Thanks for sharing that article with us and posting again in RS!

path2prosperity
07-08-2012, 11:53 AM
It is the story of The Emperor's New Clothes "oldcoot." Scamlanders took this one step further because the promoters owned their own forums and individual promoters could delete any dissenting voice.

path2prosperity
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I only heard about it after it was being brought down and that through a person who had lost money because the SEC had closed it!! I was posting information about scams and fraud at the time.

Same here "scratchy." I read the first Scamland spiel about Andy and I didn't follow anything more about it for years after that. My efforts were focused on finding naysyers who were out to smash Nickers Smirnow and his pathway2prosperity fraud. One thing that amazed me was that the first voice I heard who made an attempt to speak out about Andy was none other than the notorious Mrs Vee.