PDA

View Full Version : ProfitsCo - here we go again

ProfHenryHiggins
06-12-2012, 02:00 PM
They advertised 3.5% per day on investments of $2 and up - via serial con man and Ponzi player Ken Belton.

As listed in their ad:

Profitors Investment Corp Limited.
1st Flr Venture House 6, Silver Court Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, Herts,
AL7 1TS
+44 (0)20 8123 0683
support@profitsco.com
http://profitsco.com

As listed on their WHOIS:

Domain Name: PROFITSCO.COM

Registrant:
Jeffery L. Carroll (admin@profitsco.com)
3642 Thunder Road
Mountain View
California,94041
US
Tel. +1.6502760379

Creation Date: 09-Mar-2012
Expiration Date: 09-Mar-2014

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.profitsco.com
ns2.profitsco.com

Administrative Contact:
3642 Thunder Road
Mountain View
California,94041
US
Tel. +1.6502760379

Technical Contact:
3642 Thunder Road
Mountain View
California,94041
US
Tel. +1.6502760379

Billing Contact:
3642 Thunder Road
Mountain View
California,94041
US
Tel. +1.6502760379

I don't see that road on the map...

And while a company named "Profitors Investment Corp Limited." does appear to be incorporated in the United Kingdom, they have quite a different physical address from either of the above.

EagleOne
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
This is a hoot. They go to all the trouble of registering with Companies House, which is just paying a filing fee, and then in their FAQ they say this, and I quote:

"Can I visit your office or meet your managers face-to-face?

Taking into account the fact that we have thousands clients worldwide, it is physically unrealistic to meet the aspirations of all those who want to meet our staff in person. Therefore, our clients' support is carried out on an online basis only.

HOWEVER, we hold GROUP meetings with our VIP investors. In order to participate in this kind of meeting a VIP investor needs just to submit a written request to us beforehand and our manager will contact this investor and arrange all of the details.

We do not operate in the United Kingdom and, consequently, we are not subject to British law. Our London office does not receive clients, but operates for technical and support purposes and performs representative functions."

So if they don't operate in the UK, why bother registering with Companies House? It is just for the illusion of this being a real company. They also claim they have been doing business since 2005, but their Companies House Registration is February 2012. Their share certificate has the name of the person who owns the shares blocked out, but the form is not even signed by anyone. Also they are not registered and licensed with the FSA, and that alone makes this an illegal program. A classic Ponzi in the making.

I only spent about 2 minutes on their site and I can only imagine what else I could find if I really looked. This is a joke, but I'm sure there will be people who fall for the spiel and promised return. This will be lucky to last 4-6 weeks. STAY AWAY.

kschang
06-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Sounds a lot like TVI Express scam, where meeting in their "Heathrow" office was "by appointment only".

EagleOne
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Sounds a lot like TVI Express scam, where meeting in their "Heathrow" office was "by appointment only".

I'm still not sure, but I think this is not even a real address. Checking that out now.

littleroundman
06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I somehow don't think this is what Mark Zuckerberg had in mind when he came up with the concept of Facebook:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/thelittleroundman/profit1.jpg

The Profitors Investment Corp Limited (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Profitors-Investment-Corp-Limited/317093305028834) Facebook page

kschang
06-13-2012, 12:05 AM
There is indeed no Thunder Road in Mountain View.

The phone number seem to be a landline in Half Moon Bay, who knows where it's forwarded to.