PDA

View Full Version : What would encourage you to buy a drink from MLM ?

littleroundman
07-03-2010, 01:46 AM
People often accuse "naysayers" of focusing on the negatives when it comes to Multi Level Marketing.

Here's a chance for people to post counter arguments.

You're thirsty,

what would make an MLM such as "Yoli" YOUR source ????

Lil Ol' Radical Me
07-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Absolutely Nothing (was going to say Nothing, but it was too short. lol)

Sojustask
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
You're thirsty,

what would make an MLM such as "Yoli" YOUR source ????

I would need to be thirsty and the drink would have to be free and no water available.

Soapboxmom
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I would need to be thirsty and the drink would have to be free and no water available.

No water??? We would be forced to blast the Yoli into some nice soothing hard liqour. But, who would want ruin pefectly smooth and satisfying Crown Royal or the like?: RpS_blink:

Soapboxmom

Emet
07-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Nuttin', honey. But being a bartender at a hotel sponsoring an MLM convention or meeting can be lucrative:

I have found one surefire way to make loads of money off of an MLM scam: be the bartender.
I work in a hotel bar and after what I can only assume had been a long, hard-sell performance in one of our conference rooms, the scammers brought their prospective clients down to the bar. In an effort to impress the suckers, the leaders were literally throwing money over the bar at me. 4 shots cost $16 bucks, so he tipped me $20, 10 drinks for all his “friends” is $50, here’s a $50 tip as well.

By the end of my normally sleepy Tuesday night shift, I had made over $600… my average on a Tuesday being about $75. It almost made me uncomfortable to take his money because I could see that he was trying to show off, and I had a feeling this kid didn’t really have the money to spend.

I don’t know for sure what the product or plan was for this group, but I’ll bet I probably have the highest income/time-invested ratio in the whole company…
:RpS_smile:

Soapboxmom
07-03-2010, 09:51 AM
We should ask the inimitable Len Clements to arrange some studies on this. Would blasting into smooth and deliciously pricey hard liquor have a detrimental effect on the nutritional / anti-oxidant qualities in the Yoli? This would be a far more impressive study than those silly wands he wanted to test! And, inebriated recruits well.... that surely makes the sell much easier for the top dogs that are in the dump and jump crowd and spend their lives recruiting for countless long term deals ad nauseum.

Soapboxmom

Sojustask
07-03-2010, 02:50 PM
No water??? We would be forced to blast the Yoli into some nice soothing hard liqour. But, who would want ruin pefectly smooth and satisfying Crown Royal or the like?: RpS_blink:

Soapboxmom

Oh ya! I forgot, they sell the blast caps. I thought they also sold the bottled stuff? Live and Learn said it didn't pass the taste test (where are the results of that test anyway?) Would we really want to ruin perfectly good Crown Royal by putting Yoli into it?

Perish the thought!

Mike!
07-04-2010, 09:24 AM
The key here is what would "ENOURAGE" me to "BUY" a drink from MLM?

It'd have to be a pretty special situation, that's a given. Something like a demonstration in a public area somewhere, with the open promise that after I plunked down my hard earned money for this drink that a certain number of guarantees be established. The first being if I'm not completely thrilled or displeased in any way, my money will be promptly 200% refunded on the spot, yes, I said Two Hundred percent. But that's not enough still. I also want to be able to spit whatever I don't want in my mouth right back in the sellers face along with throwing whatever is left in the container in their face as well. But that's still not enough. I also want to right to berate them, openly and verbally right there on the spot for a least a few minutes or until I get tired, whichever comes first. If those three items were offered as an incentive to buy a single drink, and it was cheap cheap cheap, I might take a shot at it.

:RpS_thumbsup:

Sojustask
07-04-2010, 09:27 AM

It'd have to be a pretty special situation, that's a given. Something like a demonstration in a public area somewhere, with the open promise that after I plunked down my hard earned money for this drink that a certain number of guarantees be established. The first being if I'm not completely thrilled or displeased in any way, my money will be promptly 200% refunded on the spot, yes, I said Two Hundred percent. But that's not enough still. I also want to be able to spit whatever I don't want in my mouth right back in the sellers face along with throwing whatever is left in the container in their face as well. But that's still not enough. I also want to right to berate them, openly and verbally right there on the spot for a least a few minutes or until I get tired, whichever comes first. If those three items were offered as an incentive to buy a single drink, and it was cheap cheap cheap, I might take a shot at it.

:RpS_thumbsup:

ROFL, Dang! Mike, you're brutal.

Really brutal. LOL

Sojustask
07-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I guess I should have allowed Lenny to send me some samples like he offered. Then I could have tasted them and at least compared them to Red Bull, which in my opinion is disgusting. I didn't want to try them that badly, I was distinctly aware that if I allowed him to send me some, I would somehow be under some obligation to listen to him about their questionable benefits forever.

I couldn't see me doing that.

Lightbulb
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I would have to want to drink mystery stuff but if I suddenly did, it would have to be:

1) Be cheaper than the store brand version.
2) Have an ingredient list to check for food allgeries.
3) Be easy to purchase without a credit card or debit card.
4) Be able to be shipped to a PO box or commercial address.
5) Be a non-reoccurring purchase commitment.

Soapboxmom
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
No auto$hit? Boy did we just limit our options. I guess it is back to the Crown Royal while we keep pondering our choices!

Soapboxmom

A Life Aloft
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
What would make me want to purchase any type of drink from any MLM....hmmmm...hard choice......ahhh....nothing, actually.

What would be the point?

I can and do make any type of juice or health drink or smoothie that I need to from dozens of types of vegies and fruits and whatever other ingredients that suit/meet my needs and tastes, in my own blender and/or juicer. I can do this less expensively, easier, more conveniently, safer, quicker and blend to my own needs and tastes, know exactly what I am consuming and it's fresher. I can also buy any natural type juices with the honestly listed ingredients on the label, more cheaply at any store.

It's amazing that billions of human beings have managed to survive and thrive on this planet for thousands of years and will continue to do so, without ever having consumed any drink from any MLM. How can that be?

I can also do my own research easily on the internet in regards to any nutrients or special ingredients that I may want to add to my own drinks and get the truth, the facts and the legit research and not some b.s. bogus claims, lies and hype. I am also therefore, not contributing to a con game where members and consumers are ripped off, lied to and bilked. Seems like a win win to me.

littleroundman
07-06-2010, 01:08 AM
The deciding factors for me are,

I can go to virtually any store or service station at any time and have the choice of literally hundreds of different drinks and/or flavours,

AND

I only have to buy ONE of them at a time, not a months' supply.

AND

that ONE drink will be cheaper per unit than drinks purchased in carton lots via MLM

AND

My choice will be refrigerated and come with a straw, if required.

AND

the person who supplies me with the drink will limit any interaction to exchanging pleasantries and then STFU

not:

a) pressure me to buy another
b) offer me an "opportunity"
c) suggest I join an "autoship" program.

CynicalSkeptic
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind getting my beer on autoship if it was price-competitive with the grocery store.

Soapboxmom
07-09-2010, 11:05 AM
You are my kind of poster! Welcome to the site!

Soapboxmom

calvinandhobbes
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
1. I get to try it first, free, without providing any personal information whatsoever. Merely asking for it disqualifies you. Just like radio shack doesn't need my zipcode to buy batteries, you don't need my name and address for me to take a swig of your juice.
2. It tastes good.
3. All ingredients are known and listed.
4. Any health claims are backed by real science. Randomly collected testimonials are not science. "Because we say so" is not science.
5. It is competitively priced with the market, the real market. Just because a salesman says their product is high end doesn't mean it is. I decide what "market" it is compared to, markets are driven by customers.
6. I don't have to be pressured to buy more product, buy into any "opportunity". I just want to buy a product I like for crying out loud.
7. A variety of volume purchases is available (single serving bottle, 6 pack, case, etc). None of this buy a box crap.
8. The company isn't sleazy. Showing "salesmen" sitting on a (usually rented) Hummer or a Jag is low class. It only shows how overpriced your product is, not how "great the opportunity is."

iamwil
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM

:RpS_thumbsup: Well I think you'd die of thirst first.

I would have to want to drink mystery stuff but if I suddenly did, it would have to be:

1) Be cheaper than the store brand version.
2) Have an ingredient list to check for food allgeries.
3) Be easy to purchase without a credit card or debit card.
4) Be able to be shipped to a PO box or commercial address.
5) Be a non-reoccurring purchase commitment.
That one is easy. done.

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting my beer on autoship if it was price-competitive with the grocery store. I don't drink enough to warrant it....anymore that is.

1. I get to try it first, free, without providing any personal information whatsoever. Merely asking for it disqualifies you. Just like radio shack doesn't need my zipcode to buy batteries, you don't need my name and address for me to take a swig of your juice.
2. It tastes good.
3. All ingredients are known and listed.
4. Any health claims are backed by real science. Randomly collected testimonials are not science. "Because we say so" is not science.
5. It is competitively priced with the market, the real market. Just because a salesman says their product is high end doesn't mean it is. I decide what "market" it is compared to, markets are driven by customers.
6. I don't have to be pressured to buy more product, buy into any "opportunity". I just want to buy a product I like for crying out loud.
7. A variety of volume purchases is available (single serving bottle, 6 pack, case, etc). None of this buy a box crap.
8. The company isn't sleazy. Showing "salesmen" sitting on a (usually rented) Hummer or a Jag is low class. It only shows how overpriced your product is, not how "great the opportunity is."
Not a problem for this one either...if you were there at a tasting none of your requests are a problem.

calvinandhobbes
07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Not a problem for this one either...if you were there at a tasting none of your requests are a problem.At $50 a bottle (according to you), your company is nowhere near ever seeing one cent of my money. If you had a 50% off sale, your company is nowhere near ever seeing one cent of my money. If you had a 90% off sale, you might have a chance of seeing some of my money.

iamwil
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
At $50 a bottle (according to you), your company is nowhere near ever seeing one cent of my money. If you had a 50% off sale, your company is nowhere near ever seeing one cent of my money. If you had a 90% off sale, you might have a chance of seeing some of my money.Oh I completely understand C&H.

$50 retail...we retail very little....like Sam's or BJ's people become members...$40....drops to $35 for a case...and it is on sale...for the month of July.

But as I talk to customers every day...the ones that get relief of their pain...they think it worth every cent, others just don't purchase any more, or return it for their money back...about 1%.

When someone who just drank some 'snake oil jungle juice' tells you after ten years of not being able to reach their arms over their head, after NSAIDS, cortizone shots, this and that and the other thing...and they are so happy because they were able to wash their hair without help...to them it is worth every penny.

calvinandhobbes
07-09-2010, 03:19 PM
blah blah blah blah blah .....Next time, instead of defaulting to your normal marketing crap, can't you just summarize with the actually honest (and more succinct) "no, we can't meet your criteria"?

Emet
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
When someone who just drank some 'snake oil jungle juice' tells you after ten years of not being able to reach their arms over their head, after NSAIDS, cortizone shots, this and that and the other thing...and they are so happy because they were able to wash their hair without help...to them it is worth every penny.

But you do have to keep buying it, don't you?
I believe you can get the same results with a one time purchase of Teh Magic Stick (aka The Amega Wand).
:RpS_laugh:

iamwil
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Next time, instead of defaulting to your normal marketing crap, can't you just summarize with the actually honest (and more succinct) "no, we can't meet your criteria"? So honesty is what you speak of? So it appears in the previous post you've directly quoted me. A direct quote means something does it not?

Is it a tad more than dishonest to say that I litterally said "blah blah blah" or in your world are there differing rules for honesty especially when trying to make a point about it?

A Life Aloft
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
When someone who just drank some 'snake oil jungle juice' tells you after ten years of not being able to reach their arms over their head, after NSAIDS, cortizone shots, this and that and the other thing...and they are so happy because they were able to wash their hair without help...to them it is worth every penny.Oh yeah....I would always buy that especially with no real medical or scientific proof, examination, explaination or reason. ROTFL!

calvinandhobbes
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
So honesty is what you speak of? So it appears in the previous post you've directly quoted me. A direct quote means something does it not?

Is it a tad more than dishonest to say that I litterally said "blah blah blah" or in your world are there differing rules for honesty especially when trying to make a point about it?It is my HONEST opinion that what you said was the equivalent of BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm sorry you are just too stupid to understand anything so blatantly obvious.

I HONESTLY think you are a liar. You deny things you've said over and over.
I HONESTLY think you are a crook. You sell ridiculously priced products, hiding behind "God."
I HONESTLY think you are illiterate. I HONESTLY think you are a complete moron. You could figure out what the difference between a car and a carburetor is.

I HONESTLY think you fit right in with the stereotypical MLM crooks. Say anything to make a buck. Say hi to Jimmy and Tammy, Mr Swaggart, and the rest of the religious nutcases that use faith to scam people of their money.

I laugh at you and pity you. Constantly.

Cranky Old Man
07-12-2010, 09:52 AM
No auto$hit? Boy did we just limit our options. I guess it is back to the Crown Royal while we keep pondering our choices!

Soapboxmom

Nothing could encourage me as I like to think that I am to selective. And no crown royal, Make mine Chivas Regal 12 year old scotch. Smoooooooooth stuff.

iamwil
07-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh yeah....I would always buy that especially with no real medical or scientific proof, examination, explaination or reason. ROTFL!Actually many studies around the world (for the ingredients that is not the product) and the product currently being studied by Arizona State and the Mayo Clinic.

It is my HONEST opinion that what you said was the equivalent of BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm sorry you are just too stupid to understand anything so blatantly obvious. Well if that were the case it would be more honest to say 'Everytime iamwil speaks all I hear is "Blah blah blah". But you didn't do that, you chose to specifically quote me, and then change my quotes. But at least now we know exactly where you are when it comes to integrity as you have not only created the line, but instead of clarifying...justified your actions.

I HONESTLY think you are a liar. You deny things you've said over and over. Yes it is a pain trying to rebutt all the folks that continuously misquote me, and then claim some sort of satire.

I HONESTLY think you are a crook. You sell ridiculously priced products, hiding behind "God." I don't hide behind G!d, I sit on his lap. We've had customers for ten years...that repurchase from us because they like our products, like our service, like our company and like our associates. At least one or more of those reasons plays into their regular purchase.

I HONESTLY think you are illiterate. I can read, or do you think someone else is reading and posting for me. Or do you have another yet another C&H style definition for literacy?
I HONESTLY think you are a complete moron. wow, not half a moron, not sometimes a moron, but a complete one. Should that bother me? I'm just wondering? Will that affect my paycheck, or how much my kids love me, or my mortgage interest? Exactly how does what you think affect my life? hmmmm Lets see you think I have a case of mild retardation leaving me to having the intellect of a 7-12 year old. How interesting again when we look up definitions of your words. Can't wait for them teen years myself, while I've got no interest in zits...the rest sounds pretty good.
You could figure out what the difference between a car and a carburetor is. hmmmm, the former is the same as the latter but without the buretor? You seem to be a good buretor, you buret everything about me. If I didn't know better I'd be concerned about your intentions.
I HONESTLY think you fit right in with the stereotypical MLM crooks. Say anything to make a buck. Perception is an interesting thing is it not? I'm just so glad those folks that actually know me, have a different take on me than folks like you who think they do.
Say hi to Jimmy and Tammy, Mr Swaggart, and the rest of the religious nutcases that use faith to scam people of their money. I don't know them. Funny someone the other day asked me if I watched 700 club...and it only occurs to switch to another channel...all those religious televangilist pairings look similar though don't they?

I laugh at you and pity you. Constantly. Now that is funny, when doing comedy on the street that is EXACTLY what increases the hat!

So enjoy the reparte.... love the support, thanx.

Emet
07-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Actually many studies around the world (for the ingredients that is not the product) and the product currently being studied by Arizona State and the Mayo Clinic.

LINKS, please.
Thanks.

iamwil
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
LINKS, please.
Thanks. Anti-Toxin activity

“Cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica) protects against oxidative damage induced by the mycotoxin zearalenone in Balb/C mice.” (Food Chem Toxicol. 2008 May;46(5):1817-24.)
“Opuntia ficus indica extract protects against chlorpyrifos-induced damage on mice liver.” (Food Chem Toxicol. 2008 Feb;46(2):797-802.)
“Opuntia ficus indica (L.) Mill. fruit juice protects liver from carbon tetrachloride-induced injury.” (Phytother Res. 2005 Sep;19(9):796-800.)

Anti-Inflammatory

“An anti-inflammatory principle from cactus.” (Fitoterapia. 2001 Mar;72(3):288-90)
“Antioxidant betalains from cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) inhibit endothelial ICAM-1 expression.” (Gentile C, Tesoriere L, Allegra M, Livrea MA, D’Alessio P. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Dec;1028:481-6.)
“Effect of Opuntia ficus indica on symptoms of the alcohol hangover.” (Wiese J, McPherson S, Odden MC, Shlipak MG. Arch Intern Med. 2004 Jun 28;164(12):1334-40.)

Immune System Boost

“Betalains a betacyanin pigment purified from fruits of Opuntia ficus-indica induces apoptosis in human chronic myeloid leukemia Cell line-K562.” (Phytomedicine. 2007 Nov;14(11):739-46.)
“Antioxidant betalains from cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) inhibit endothelial ICAM-1 expression.” (Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Dec;1028:481-6.)
“Modulation of intracellular calcium concentrations and T cell activation by prickly pear polyphenols.” (Mol Cell Biochem. 2004 May;260(1-2):103-10.)

Brain Protection

“Inhibition of nitric oxide synthase expression in activated microglia and peroxynitrite scavenging activity by Opuntia ficus indica var. saboten.” (Phytother Res. 2006 Sep;20(9):742-7.)
“Interventions for protecting against or treating alcohol hangover: systematic review of randomised controlled trials.” BMJ. 2005 Dec 24;331(7531):1515-8.)
“Opuntia ficus-indica attenuates neuronal injury in in-vitro and in vivo models of cerebral ischemia.” (J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Mar 8;104(1-2):257-62.)
“Effect of Opuntia ficus indica on symptoms of the alcohol hangover.” (Arch Intern Med. 2004 Jun 28;164(12):1334-40.)
“Neuroprotective effects of antioxidative flavonoids, quercetin, (+)-dihydroquercetin and quercetin 3-methyl ether, isolated from Opuntia ficus-indica var. saboten.” (Brain Res. 2003 Mar 7;965(1-2):130-6.)

Emet
07-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, those are not links, they are simply articles. I will not be spending any time researching them, but I appreciate the effort.

As a trained scientist, I suspect I would easily be able to show that any of your articles does not translate into the substances being placed in some secret, proprietary drink in some unknown quantity and having any of the affects you listed.

Evidence-based medicine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine).

iamwil
07-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Why would anyone expect a trained scientist to spend any time researching? That is why they ask others to do their research for them.

There are many other links and many other studies should anyone care to research. And in another 18 months I'll be glad to post whatever Mayo clinic says about our actual product...until then happy customers is what we rely on.

Emet
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Why would anyone expect a trained scientist to spend any time researching? That is why they ask others to do their research for them.

Perhaps I did not make my point clear, so let me try again:

Your articles do not translate into the substances being placed in some secret, proprietary drink in some unknown quantity and having any of the affects you listed.

That means that all of the claims the drink have made are misleading to say the least, and all out false to say the most.
(Of course, every claim usually has an asterisk and a disclaimer associated with it). :RpS_wink:

iamwil
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Maybe I should make myself clear. Until the research currently being done is conducted the past research on the main ingredient in the product is what we refer to, that and the actual results of folks that are currently using the products. Of course their testimonials are anecdotal, they are also being repeated and along the lines of the information included in the articles presented.

and yes of course there is a disclaimer....of course our disclaimer is quite unlike the one I have to sign when a physician gives my child a immunization shot. We don't require anyone to sign a document saying we won't sue in case of death or disability due to the product. Our disclaimer is if you don't get the results you expect we have a 60 day money back guarantee.

Wouldn't that be nice if those who sold NSAIDs, Immunizations, cortizone shots, etc. did the same?

calvinandhobbes
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Well if that were the case it would be more honest to say 'Everytime iamwil speaks all I hear is "Blah blah blah". But you didn't do that, you chose to specifically quote me, and then change my quotes. But at least now we know exactly where you are when it comes to integrity as you have not only created the line, but instead of clarifying...justified your actions.Will, you are incapable of functioning in society. I pity you. Seriously. I pity everyone that has to interact with you. Yes, I "changed" your quote. I apologize it did it in a way that was so obviously meant to be humorous that only a kindergartner wouldn't understand what was happening. I'd try to keep my communications with you on a 1 year old level, but I don't really feel like typing "goo goo, ga ga. willy need to go pee pee" so you can keep up. It's not really my style. I tend to keep to more intellectual wit. Don't like it, don't let the door hit your diaper on the way out.

Yes it is a pain trying to rebutt all the folks that continuously misquote me, and then claim some sort of satire.should we compare to you're misquoting of me? I change your drivel to "blah blah blah", you change my words from ~"the 100 mpg carburetor is a myth" (which it is), to "calvin says a car can't get 100 mpg."

Apples and rotten oranges. (mine are the apples, yours is the illiterate/outright lying, take your pick)
I don't hide behind G!d, I sit on his lap.you blatantly hide behind him. you speak righteously about how you give 10% of your earnings to charity, that makes you good. no, it makes you trying to buy back the soul you sold long ago. any j@ckass can write a check, especially from ill gotten gains. Madoff was quite the donator, i hear.

you've proven you are scum. now you've just taken the extra step to cement your kindergarten understanding of the world. It's a pity you won't really understand any of this.

iamwil
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Will, you are incapable of functioning in society. I pity you. Seriously. I pity everyone that has to interact with you. Yes, I "changed" your quote. I apologize it did it in a way that was so obviously meant to be humorous that only a kindergartner wouldn't understand what was happening. I'd try to keep my communications with you on a 1 year old level, but I don't really feel like typing "goo goo, ga ga. willy need to go pee pee" so you can keep up. It's not really my style. I tend to keep to more intellectual wit. Don't like it, don't let the door hit your diaper on the way out.
should we compare to you're misquoting of me? I change your drivel to "blah blah blah", you change my words from ~"the 100 mpg carburetor is a myth" (which it is), to "calvin says a car can't get 100 mpg."

Apples and rotten oranges. (mine are the apples, yours is the illiterate/outright lying, take your pick)you blatantly hide behind him. you speak righteously about how you give 10% of your earnings to charity, that makes you good. no, it makes you trying to buy back the soul you sold long ago. any j@ckass can write a check, especially from ill gotten gains. Madoff was quite the donator, i hear.

you've proven you are scum. now you've just taken the extra step to cement your kindergarten understanding of the world. It's a pity you won't really understand any of this.Thank you so much for the reply Cal. As often is the case, many posts say much more about the poster than the one they rant about.

Whenever you can discuss topics on an even keel and stick to topics at hand, I and others will be here.

You know, if what I am is an ignorant moron. And your posts are indicative of a reasoned intellectual attempting to prove a point. I'll just continue to be happy traipsing through life in my perceived bliss. I just have no interest getting so smart and knowing into the ways of the world that I'd be filled with such venom and disdain on a regular basis.

At this time I'd like to refer you to a discussion on this site about rules of attacking and demeaning posters rather than discussing topics at hand. It may be of interest to you should you wish to remain welcome here.

Or you could just buy some of my juice....I think there is a possibility it would make you feel better.

calvinandhobbes
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you so much for the reply Cal. As often is the case, many posts say much more about the poster than the one they rant about. you can think that. as usual, you're wrong.
Whenever you can discuss topics on an even keel and stick to topics at hand, I and others will be here.this all started when i replied on topic, and you dishonestly ignored most of my stated "requirements" to say your product fit the list, when it most certainly didn't. Don't want your lies discussed, easy...stop lying.
You know, if what I am is an ignorant moron.Irony is when someone poses an "if" about their intelligence without actually using a complete sentence.
At this time I'd like to refer you to a discussion on this site about rules of attacking and demeaning posters rather than discussing topics at hand. It may be of interest to you should you wish to remain welcome here.Your posts demean you more than I ever could. I'd like to refer you to a certain list of 10 rules which mention lying and stealing as non-nos.
Or you could just buy some of my juice....I think there is a possibility it would make you feel better.Hehehehehe. Um, no. I don't patronize scammers.

iamwil
07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd like to refer you to a certain list of 10 rules which mention lying and stealing as non-nos.Hehehehehe. Oh interesting, first you lambast me for being Christian and with the nerve to speak of G!d and my companies ten essentials then you refer me to abide by some other selected ten rules? Why do you give decalogue such credence and ignore a few hundred more? Me...I've just got a couple I focus on.

But that mirror is always a valuable tool for all of us.

Bottoms up, I'll have a drink on your behalf.

King
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Is your magic catcus pear juice that cures livers in mice and collects residuals $30 a bottle?

Just wondering, as Zrii and Silver Water (this stuff cures everything as well) are.

Emet
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Is your magic catcus pear juice that cures livers in mice and collects residuals $30 a bottle?

Just wondering, as Zrii and Silver Water (this stuff cures everything as well) are.

Actually, it appears to cost $40 for members, $50 for non-members. That's for 32 oz.

King
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Actually, it appears to cost $40 for members, $50 for non-members. That's for 32 oz.

Alrighty then, to answer the question posed from the thread starter...

What would encourage me to buy a drink from MLM? Have it be cheaper than a night at the movies, a tank of gas, or a week's worth of breakfast and lunch for me, for starters.

Emet
07-12-2010, 06:26 PM
and yes of course there is a disclaimer....of course our disclaimer is quite unlike the one I have to sign when a physician gives my child a immunization shot. We don't require anyone to sign a document saying we won't sue in case of death or disability due to the product. Our disclaimer is if you don't get the results you expect we have a 60 day money back guarantee.

Apples and oranges comparison.
1. The disclaimers on your products usually say "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA". (Translation: we have no scientific evidence whatsoever)
2. It was my understanding that medical waivers often do not stand up in court. (n.b.: it's not a disclaimer, it's an attempt to "immunize" oneself from litigation)

So I posed the question to an attorney. His reply:

This is the sort of thing which is governed by state law, and state laws differ. I would think that the law in New York (where I practice) is the majority view: a waiver of the right to sue for future negligence/malpractice is void as against public policy. For one such New York case, see Ash v. New York University Dental Center, 164 A.D.2d 366 (1st Dept. 1990).

calvinandhobbes
07-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh interesting, first you lambast me for being Christian and with the nerve to speak of G!d and my companies ten essentials then you refer me to abide by some other selected ten rules?surprise, more illiteracy. I've never lambasted you for being christian. I've lambasted you for talking about being christian, but not acting by its virtues. You are just being judged by your own standards (and failing miserably). talking about following a spiritual path is incredibly easy. anybody can say they are of a given religion. actually living the particular code is hard.

iamwil
07-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Alrighty then, to answer the question posed from the thread starter...

What would encourage me to buy a drink from MLM? Have it be cheaper than a night at the movies, a tank of gas, or a week's worth of breakfast and lunch for me, for starters. Its all that....at a months supply. Maintenance dose is only an ounce or two a day... so unless your are able to do any of those for a couple of bucks...we've got the juice for you!

surprise, more illiteracy. I've never lambasted you for being christian. I've lambasted you for talking about being christian, but not acting by its virtues. You are just being judged by your own standards (and failing miserably). talking about following a spiritual path is incredibly easy. anybody can say they are of a given religion. actually living the particular code is hard.
You are just enamoured with me aren't you?

I actually find following the path fairly easy, challenging, but easy. Only because the more you tread the path, the easier it all gets. And folks like you, constantly baiting and testing are helping me to practice. thanx.

calvinandhobbes
07-13-2010, 09:57 AM
You are just enamoured with me aren't you?no, i just call out liars when i see them.
I actually find following the path fairly easy, challenging, but easy.given you can't seem to post without telling the truth, I guess you know your "true" (irony of ironies) path is very different than your stated path.

But back to the topic at hand....your juice doesn't meet my entirely reasonable criteria, which is blatantly contrary to what you claimed.

King
07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Its all that....at a months supply. Maintenance dose is only an ounce or two a day... so unless your are able to do any of those for a couple of bucks...we've got the juice for you!

Hahah, no thanks. I prefer water.

Live&Learn
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM

Cactus pear juice? Does it taste better than Yoli?

iamwil
07-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Cactus pear juice? Does it taste better than Yoli?I've never tried yoli... As a kid in Arizona we used to pick the prickly pears in our yard and make juice and jam. In my teen years living in Maryland I worked for a Sicilian, as the cactus are on every continent but Antarctica, he also grew up eating them...and would buy a case every couple of weeks. I've always loved the taste of fresh prickly pear.

We've added some other ingredients and for me I experience a little adaptogen aftertaste...but it is definitely sweet and tasty juice...many folks have problems with their kids guzzling down glasses of it. Ours is made in asceptic conditions so we can avoid killing the enzymes and betalins through pasteurization. (hence the increased expense and differing results from pasteurized products)

King
07-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I've never tried yoli... As a kid in Arizona we used to pick the prickly pears in our yard and make juice and jam. In my teen years living in Maryland I worked for a Sicilian, as the cactus are on every continent but Antarctica, he also grew up eating them...and would buy a case every couple of weeks. I've always loved the taste of fresh prickly pear.

We've added some other ingredients and for me I experience a little adaptogen aftertaste...but it is definitely sweet and tasty juice...many folks have problems with their kids guzzling down glasses of it. Ours is made in asceptic conditions so we can avoid killing the enzymes and betalins through pasteurization. (hence the increased expense and differing results from pasteurized products)

I have a Russian Tortoise who I feed cactus. It's actually his favorite. I'll send him your way and you can give him the presentation, or whatever. He's cool, doesn't talk much though.

It may take a few years though because, well, he's a tortoise and it's a long walk.

Just tryin' to help a playa out, knowutimsayin?

iamwil
07-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I have a Russian Tortoise who I feed cactus. It's actually his favorite. I'll send him your way and you can give him the presentation, or whatever. He's cool, doesn't talk much though.

It may take a few years though because, well, he's a tortoise and it's a long walk.

Just tryin' to help a playa out, knowutimsayin?thanx...I need the practice. I do very few presentations. Mostly its over the phone...and I now realize I am missing the whole tortoise market....as I hang up before they get to the phone!

And I suppose I should speak slower when I leave a message?

King
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
thanx...I need the practice. I do very few presentations. Mostly its over the phone...and I now realize I am missing the whole tortoise market....as I hang up before they get to the phone!

And I suppose I should speak slower when I leave a message?

He would probably prefer to see the product demonstration rather than just the sales pitch phone conversation. He'd actually like to see the product and test it out before he's given the sales pitch of opportunity via the phone.

I dunno, he's finnicky like that.

iamwil
07-16-2010, 10:20 AM
He would probably prefer to see the product demonstration rather than just the sales pitch phone conversation. He'd actually like to see the product and test it out before he's given the sales pitch of opportunity via the phone.

I dunno, he's finnicky like that.Well I'd have to agree with him. As a matter of fact that is exactly what I offer over the phone. And he is in luck, if he can dig his credit card outta the shell we currently have a July sale going on. He can not only get our discounted case price, if he buys two cases he can get $30 off and with our 60 day money back guarantee, if it doesn't work for his aching knees he can return it and get his money back. As a matter o fact I'll even throw in another bottle, a gold ring and four little flip flops....can I connect him with the order department now?

King
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
As a matter o fact I'll even throw in another bottle, a gold ring and four little flip flops....can I connect him with the order department now?

But wait, there's more! :RpS_laugh:

In all seriousness, I can't justify paying $30 for a bottle of fruit juice.